+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [4.1] * ONE BUTTON DERVISH! * The Only Spec You'll Ever Need! * PVE * PVP * SOLO

Rift Disciple

Default [4.1] * ONE BUTTON DERVISH! * The Only Spec You'll Ever Need! * PVE * PVP * SOLO

{Updated 6/26 after nerfs to Boiling Rage and Legendary Tectonic Spike}

Are you NEW to the Primalist class and have NO idea what you're doing? Is the Primalist class just an ALT and you really DON'T want to work on learning a complicated rotation involving 36 buttons? Well I present to you the ONLY spec you'll EVER need!

***The Spec***

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...kA8/!3k58|_YPw

***Masteries and Why***

Level 61: Exhileration - Adds 5 meters to your abilities!
    Level 62 - Steadfast Rejuvenation - Improves your Font of Savagery!
    Level 63 - Ursine Tenacity - Increases your movement speed by 10%!
    Level 64 - Elemental Affinity - Offers the largest DPS gain!
    Level 65 - Spiritualism - More FREE damage you can macro into the 1 button!

***Legendaries and Why***

1. Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent - Makes all your abilities ranged and instant!
    2. Seismic Smash - Buffs all of your other abilities by 20-35%!
    3. Scald - With just 2 stacks, boosts your damage by 30%!
    4. Effervescent Blast - Hits like a truck!
    5. Underworld Shards - Moves the Fury bar by 60 points, synergizes with Boiling Rage!

***Detailed Explanation and Rotation***

Pre-Fight - Drop Flashpoint Beacon
    Start of Fight - Scald Macro x2 then spam the 1-Button Macro!

Ok Ok so the spec isn't TRULY 1-Button, but it basically is! In order to increase your damage by 30%, you need to keep up 2 stacks of the Legendary Scald debuff. AND in order to get another 10% damage, you will want to keep up your Primalist Beacon! So this spec really has 3 buttons, but you'll be spamming just the 1-Button.

So why does this spec work? Well, you have this talent you picked up in the Maelstrom soul called Boiling Rage. It increases your damage by 15-30% while in Fury. THIS spec builds fury really really well, so it maximizes that talent's potential! Also, since Underworld Shards is a water ability, it allows you a 100% uptime on Reservoir of Power talent (12% Crit Power). Speaking of Crit Power and all things Crit, this build increases your Crit Chance % by 26% so you will be critting ALOT.

So where can you use this spec? Everywhere! It works great for expert and raid bosses, it has some healing and utility for the open world, and it also works very well in warfront PVP!

***Buffs***

1. Font of Savagery - This is the only buff you have to worry about!

***Macros***

1-Button Spam Macro:

#show Underworld Shards
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Effervescent Blast
    cast Air Cutter
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast Squall
    cast [notactive] Zephyr
    cast Break Free

**Note - Squall is your Pull ability. It will pull non-bosses to your location. However it also adds 5% crit chance so you definitely want to use it. It's not a problem keeping it in your macro against dungeon bosses and raid bosses. For dungeon trash or other mobs go stand on top of the mob so you don't pull it away from any melee!

**Note 2- If you mainly pvp you may want to consider adding 'cast Expulse' (your purge) to the top of the macro. I don't recommend using it in PVE except as a separate ability. The way Expulse works is that it will only go off when your target has a purgable buff. However, it requires a GCD so it will lower your overall dps!

Scald Macro:

#show Scald
    cast Scald
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast Break Free

*Note: Keep 2 stacks of Scald up at all times. You start each fight with 2 casts, and then when the debuff is about to fall off your target, at 1 or 2 seconds left, you cast this once to refresh it! Easy!

Beacon Macro:

#show Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    target @self
    cast @gtae Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    targetlasttarget

**Note: This will spawn the beacon on top of you, and it's OFF the global cooldown so you can use it while you spam your main macro! If you move 10+ meters away and settle down again, just hit this again so it spawns on top of you so you keep your 10% buff! You CAN put this at the bottom of your main spam macro and it will work, but then it kinda feels like your game is glitching out because it will do the *targetlasttarget command over and over. So that's up to you!

***Other Abilities you may want to have on your Bars***

1. Scirocco - Interrupt
    2. Subsume - 5 Second Stun - Great for PVP!
    3. Shifting Wind - If you're about to die, pop this! Great for open world and PVP!
    4. Rockslide - Charge and Root ability
    5. Flamewalker - Channel ability that increases your run speed - Mostly for PVP!
    6. Fading Light - I like putting Break Free in my macro and then having this on my bars for a second break free!
    7. Expulse - Purges up to 2 buffs and and gives you a damage boost! Mostly for PVP!

***Leveling From 65-70***

But Kitzy, I don't have legendary abilities yet! Can I still use this spec to solo Starfall Prophecy content from level 65-70? YES! Your abilities will be melee most of the time until you hit lvl 66, but that's where your Squall (pull) ability comes in handy. You will just pull all your enemies to you and still use the 1-button spam on them.

To make the leveling process easier, I HIGHLY recommend inviting a level 70 friend into your group and sidekicking up to level 70. You can do this by right-clicking your portrait and selecting Sidekicking: Enabled. This will bolster your stats up to that of a level 70 and you can start killing stuff way faster!

Level 65: Don't use Scald. And use THIS 1-button Spam Macro:

#show Underworld Shards
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Aftershock
    cast Lashing Wind
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Pressurize
    cast @self Spiritualism
    cast Squall
    cast [notactive] Zephyr
    cast Break Free

Level 66: Pick up Legendary Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent. Don't use Scald. Replace the above macro with the original 1-button spam macro.

Level 67: Pick up Legendary Scald. Start using the scald macro 2x before main spam macro!

Level 68: Pick up Legendary Seismic Smash.

Level 69:
    Pick up Legendary Effervescent Blast.

Level 70: Pick up Legendary Underworld Shards.

***Kalert for Scald Tracking***

KA:Scald:a9AP0eNotjcEOwiAQRP+oUgRasyetNPHiodYbSbMW akioNcClfy8Q8/YwO5nMQA0jfB
    3uxlcR/dtEyE7mMaPTcGa0aQjpCOPsQqXgQFKiT5DEYJcIV4x4UM+bwpd 1Nu6TnbdPUCsaF6Lf1i
    nkpkrrAIK3IFoGJ5GPpibo5H2UQ1Z14UjK+t8unyhr/Q+3iDKG

***Proof of Concept***

I parsed against a raid dummy with my current gear which is some of the BEST gear you can obtain. This spec will not outperform certain other primalist specs out there. Dervish also doesn't have any real burst so it doesn't scale as well with raid buffs. However it's VERY consistent and reliable damage!

If you mostly plan on using this spec in raid, take the point out of Spirit Wind (your heals) and put it in Wild Assault for a 5% boost to Underworld Shards. Also your AOE synergy crystal (Brutish Crystal) will offer more dps than the Martial one. Thanks to the 5% cunning boost. Aaaaand finally, pre-fight you should be spamming Icy Cleave to get all your buffs up before the pull.

I also hopped in a warfront and had some fun with it! Top damage by alot!

Last edited by Kitzkatz; 06-26-2017 at 01:23 PM.

I dont think the whole Prim calling has 36 buttons in total =P

Will take a view on the stuffsies and blab some feedback (I guess) later,
    but the parses lookin good.

Isp
    Plane Walker

You forgot to put Expulse into spam macro.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Disciple

I forgot expulse altogether! Thanks and updated

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    I forgot expulse altogether! Thanks and updated
    Put Expulse on top of macro,
    it ONLY ever shoots when there is something to purge,

and that low it never will shoot, not offGCD, stuff like Air cutter make it never happen

make it like

suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Expulse
    rest

Rift Disciple

Updated with my reasonings. You may want to put it top but there are alot of pve situations that you dont' want to waste a gcd purging an unnecessary buff. That's my view on it anyway

And if i'm not mistaken, in pvp at least if you get stunned or silenced expulse will still go off so it's still ok to have in the macro somewhere.
    Last edited by Kitzkatz; 04-28-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Updated with my reasonings. You may want to put it top but there are alot of pve situations that you dont' want to waste a gcd purging an unnecessary buff.
    You are forgetting some facts
    1) Expulse isnt MM Eradicate, it doesnt go off when you dont need it. (enemy has a purgable buff, it shoots, they dont, it wont,. win win.)

2) A lot of PvE situations dont have purge mechanics, and so it wont be cast.
    3) It's not an "unncecessary buff", it helps you by weakening your enemy, that alone helps you, it ALSO buffs your damage by either 3% or 6%, still not unneccessary

Note: it also is a 10 second upkeep, so if enemy buffs themselves enough that you can keep expulse up, its a dps boost

And if i'm not mistaken, in pvp at least if you get stunned or silenced expulse will still go off so it's still ok to have in the macro somewhere.
    You are Mistaken, cant be cast while stunned.
    http://prntscr.com/f20rxt

And with Air cutter and whatnot being no CD abilities, you will NEVER cast expulse
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 04-28-2017 at 01:40 PM.

My fifth alt thanks you

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    You are forgetting some facts
    1) Expulse isnt MM Eradicate, it doesnt go off when you dont need it. (enemy has a purgable buff, it shoots, they dont, it wont,. win win.)

2) A lot of PvE situations dont have purge mechanics, and so it wont be cast.
    3) It's not an "unncecessary buff", it helps you by weakening your enemy, that alone helps you, it ALSO buffs your damage by aeither 3% or 6%, still not unneccessary

Note: it also is a 10 second upkeep, so if enemy buffs themselves enough that you can keep expulse up, its a dps boost

You are Mistaken, cant be cast while stunned.
    http://prntscr.com/f20rxt

And with Air cutter and whatnot being no CD abilities, you will NEVER cast expulse
    Yea was testing it, must be silence when it goes off. I noticed when we had a massive amount of cabalists and I was getting chain cc'd that it would still go off sometimes even tho i couldnt use other abilities. So either silence or debilitate or something.

Anywho, I still stand by my original thoughts and say it's definitely not necessary and using an ability 10% of the time that does 0 damage but boosts your dps by 3%/6% is a pretty big loss. I would save purge for a separate keybind. For example, you are out in Gedlo killing those 'Desert Phoenix' that have this purgable buff called 'Cunning' that increases their armor penetration. Wasting a GCD to clear that and get a 3% buff for 10 seconds makes 0 sense. And there are alot of mobs that have useless purgable buffs on them. Just my thoughts.

I know in terms of keeping a spec '1-button' sure fine i know it doesn't purge unless there's a purgable buff. But it's just unnecessary in my eyes. If you find it necessary, then by all means!

Yea was testing it, must be silence when it goes off. I noticed when we had a massive amount of cabalists and I was getting chain cc'd that it would still go off sometimes even tho i couldnt use other abilities. So either silence or debilitate or something.

Anywho, I still stand by my original thoughts and say it's definitely not necessary and using an ability 10% of the time that does 0 damage but boosts your dps by 3%/6% is a pretty big loss. I would save purge for a separate keybind. For example, you are out in Gedlo killing those 'Desert Phoenix' that have this purgable buff called 'Cunning' that increases their armor penetration. Wasting a GCD to clear that and get a 3% buff for 10 seconds makes 0 sense. And there are alot of mobs that have useless purgable buffs on them. Just my thoughts.

I know in terms of keeping a spec '1-button' sure fine i know it doesn't purge unless there's a purgable buff. But it's just unnecessary in my eyes. If you find it necessary, then by all means!
    I'm pointing out a flaw in your guide, its a public guide, people will be using it,
    And some might be expecting it to work when they see it in the macro, but oh well, "by all means!" keep your way of putting something in a macro that has 0 chance to ever fire off.

Also, those "Desert Phoenix" friends of yours are barely a threat anyways, purging them would take the starting gcd, giving you a boost for 10 seconds to your rest of abilities you are gonna cast, and then they die,

And if you see believe its a dps loss, as you say here
    using an ability 10% of the time that does 0 damage but boosts your dps by 3%/6% is a pretty big loss
    I wonder how comes then you say this
    7. Expulse - Purges up to 2 buffs and and gives you a damage boost! Mostly for PVP!
    So, is it a damage boost or loss, hmm?

a good point in writing guides is to make your points right, and not contradict yourself.

Either just take it to the top of the macro, or take it out and just put a note (which you have, thankfully at least) of having it on the bars and using it, but using it somewhere it wont in anycase shoot is not helping.

Rift Disciple

Point taken Bishou, thanks.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ag8/!3k58|_YPw

Try using this set up and gain a pretty big % of damage , cut out spirit wind and Quick breeze since everything has 0s cast time and you dont use lashing and gain more subductions which is the strongest thing you cast.

Hope this was helpful!
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 04-28-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Default Thanks

My fifth alt also thanks you.

I wish people (including the author) would remove Squall from the macro. It's a PITA when ranged prim's pull mobs out of AOE/away from the tank and melee toons every 8 seconds, and thus slow the entire fight for everybody involved. (Somewhat amusing when prims auto-pull and rogues auto-push -- well, amusing the first couple of times, gets old really fast.) Squall only needs to be reapplied once a minute, does no actual damage by itself, raises crit chance by 5% for 1m. If anybody can't manage Squall on a separate button, just leave it out altogether, you'll barely notice and everybody in your group will be much happier with you. *You* will be happier when you can kite mobs without having them constantly land on you!

Flashpoint Beacon is kind of a mixed blessing in this build: You are fast and completely mobile except for its tether. Oh well. Kite the mobs in a circle around it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Syntrachios View Post
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ag8/!3k58|_YPw

Try using this set up and gain a pretty big % of damage , cut out spirit wind and Quick breeze since everything has 0s cast time and you dont use lashing and gain more subductions which is the strongest thing you cast.

Hope this was helpful!
    Spirit Wind is also healing for 1% of max health. Trade-off depends on gearing. If you are undergeared in PVE, or have no healer, then you'll spend more time healing yourself w/ pots or food. My very poorly geared prim can barely survive two Possessed Fire Spirits w/o Spirit Wind, but is doing 10-12% more damage w/o Spirit Wind. I have no survivability issues in the same circumstance with the original build; Spirit Wind is doing about 22% of overall healing, which is the difference between health dropping quickly vs. holding steady/dropping slowly. Tested both builds on PTS w/ Wild Overgrowth and Vampiric Essence running. YMMV.

If you're more fully geared and mobs don't hurt as much, or you have a healer (SPE's), then dropping Spirit Wind for more dps is a better build.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by catonmylap View Post
    I wish people (including the author) would remove Squall from the macro. It's a PITA when ranged prim's pull mobs out of AOE/away from the tank and melee toons every 8 seconds, and thus slow the entire fight for everybody involved.
    Yes, squall in spam usable only in pvp, in pve I comment it out (or you could create pvp & pve spam macros) and apply squall manually, often only on bosses.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast