+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [4.1] * ONE BUTTON DERVISH! * The Only Spec You'll Ever Need! * PVE * PVP * SOLO

Soulwalker

My primalist is lots more fun now. Thanks for making this last level enjoyable!

Shadowlander

why do you have quick breeze? wouldnt seismic activity be better?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mokg View Post
    why do you have quick breeze? wouldnt seismic activity be better?
    This was discussed earlier in the thread. You want to stay in fury as much and as far as possible for the 30% buff. Subduction pushes your bar towards cunning. So overall it's a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    This was discussed earlier in the thread. You want to stay in fury as much and as far as possible for the 30% buff. Subduction pushes your bar towards cunning. So overall it's a dps loss.
    ^^^
    This. Subduction doesn't hit hard enough to warrant losing ~30% buff on all your damaging abilities.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by jsjoe View Post
    This was supposed to go live this week but it didn't.

Talking

My Primalist is lvl 50 and I play a prefabricated Maelstrom skill and so I come so far clear.
    Is Dervish better than Maestrom? Have not tried it yet
    Last edited by Ceserea; 05-27-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jsjoe View Post
    There's also a PTS change to Boiling Rage, making it half as effective for off-soul abilities. So this spec is going to take a massive hit in dps. However it'll still be o.k. to use. I would suggest learning the proper way of playing the spec if you plan on using it in raid. It involves more air cutters and better timing of your Effervescent Blast so you only cast it when you get 2 stacks of EB. I may update the original post to include a proper rotation for those that use this build for raiding. Using a proper rotation is a good 5%+ dps increase on live. It will be even more once these PTS changes go live, since you will want to cast as few Subductions as possible.

If you want to play the top dps spec, since vorpal salvo is getting nerfed, you may want to practice the 31 point Maelstrom build. It's very annoying to play proper but it does a good 20% more dps than the nerfed version of this build. I've yet to test out full dervish, it may also be viable.

Fortunately, we have some brand new primalist souls to look forward to sometime in the future! How broken will those be on release? Probably VERY

Soulwalker

I'm a little confused by your parse and your macro. Even though we chose Legendary Tectonic Strike you are still casting Seismic Smash. Also, this could be me, ive noticed more dps casting 3 Air Cutters after EB. However, when I do that AC is like 40% of my damage in parses and my underworld shards are never that high.
    If you could shed some light, id greatly appreciate it

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Airjordan View Post
    I'm a little confused by your parse and your macro. Even though we chose Legendary Tectonic Strike you are still casting Seismic Smash. Also, this could be me, ive noticed more dps casting 3 Air Cutters after EB. However, when I do that AC is like 40% of my damage in parses and my underworld shards are never that high.
    If you could shed some light, id greatly appreciate it
    Spec and parses were published before nerf. You still can play it, but there are no up date post nerf primalist dps guides.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Spec and parses were published before nerf. You still can play it, but there are no up date post nerf primalist dps guides.
    With Trion being nerf happy, we're not likely to see guides on the forum any longer.
    Rather sad, indeed.

Rift Disciple

I've updated the spec and the guide to take into account the nerfs to Boiling Rage and Legendary Tectonic Spike. I had initially thought putting the points into Singed Spirit was the best idea but after some testing, at least for me, putting those 2 points into Beserker for 6% more dexterity turns out better, with the last point going into Wild Assault (for raiding at least). These changes should see an increase of 10-15% over the old spec.

Also updated some other points of interest for raiders, such as using the Brutish Synergy Crystal and spamming Icy Cleave pre-fight. This spec still falls well short of the 31-point Vulcanist and Maelstrom builds, and for good reason (i mean it is 1-button!) But it's pretty close to the same damage 1-button shaman does so it's pretty fair.

However if you decide to learn the proper rotation, you will see around an 8% increase in dps. It's more of a priority system rather than flat rotation.

(2 Stacks) Scald Debuff Refreshed > Underworld Shards > (2 EB charges) Effervescent Blast > (35% Boosted) Air Cutter > Seismic Smash

Hope you enjoy the changes!
    Last edited by Kitzkatz; 06-26-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    I've updated the spec and the guide to take into account the nerfs to Boiling Rage and Legendary Tectonic Spike. I had initially thought putting the points into Singed Spirit was the best idea but after some testing, at least for me, putting those 2 points into Beserker for 6% more dexterity turns out better, with the last point going into Wild Assault (for raiding at least). These changes should see an increase of 10-15% over the old spec.

Also updated some other points of interest for raiders, such as using the Brutish Synergy Crystal and spamming Icy Cleave pre-fight. This spec still falls well short of the 31-point Vulcanist and Maelstrom builds, and for good reason (i mean it is 1-button!) But it's pretty close to the same damage 1-button shaman does so it's pretty fair.

However if you decide to learn the proper rotation, you will see around an 8% increase in dps. It's more of a priority system rather than flat rotation.

(2 Stacks) Scald Debuff Refreshed > Underworld Shards > (2 EB charges) Effervescent Blast > (35% Boosted) Air Cutter > Seismic Smash

Hope you enjoy the changes!
    Sounds good and I will likely do the same but you lose Subduction doing that however with such a long CD even if timed right it is probably not missed in the rotation.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 06-27-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Sounds good and I will likely do the same but you lose Subduction doing that however with such a long CD even if timed right it is probably not missed in the rotation.
    Yes that is the point of the change. You are replacing Subduction with Seismic... so you don't need to spend those points in dervish...

shp
    Champion

Nvm.

/10char
    Last edited by shp; 06-28-2017 at 06:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast