+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [4.0] "The Aftershocker"

Default [4.0] "The Aftershocker"

AS OF 4.1 THIS SPEC IS DEAD PLEASE DO NOT USE

"The Aftershocker" is pretty simple and propeller hatty in that it doesnt require much buttons at all. It primarily uses the stacked legendaries of Aftershock to make it a spammable hard hitting ability.

The build:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!0mGyyA2/Rkaw8/!3

Legendaries: Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent, Font of Savagery, Tectonic Spike, Fury Blast, Scald

Masteries: Primordial Strength, Steadfast Rejuvenation, Ursine Tenacity, Elemental Affinity, Savage Blow

Edit: 12/15/16 Use Savage Blow as mastery and keep it up 100%, its super buff

Buffs:
    -Legendary Font of Savagery
    -Zephyr

Legendary Tectonic Spike: The silly thing about this legendary is you get the Aftershock Bonuses' without having to cast it, you just have to invest the legendary point and boom, strong aftershocks

Rotation:
    -Go into another spec and get to full fury( I find preserver great for it)
    - Precision Bolt Pre-pull > Fury Blast > Tectonic Spike (To get stacks of tremor going)> Avatar > Scald x2 > Beacon> Aftershock > Lashing Wind
    - At this point you are going to go back and forth with lashing and aftershock except if you:
    - At full Fury do Fury Blast
    - Refresh Precision Bolt and Scald at 0-2 seconds

Macros

#show Aftershock
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Aftershock
    cast Lashing Wind

propeller spam if you choose to use it

#show Summon: Beacon of the Drake
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Summon: Beacon of the Drake

and good ol' beacon macro

Other Abilities:
    - Squall
    -Fury Blast
    -Scald
    -Precision Bolt
    -Savage Twister
    -Wind Serpent Avatar
    -Scirocco (Interupt)
    -Shifting Winds (Defer Death)

If you have any questions im Papyrus@Deepwood, first time writing a guide that wasn't on our guild forums so go easy on me haha.

Side Notes:

About Molten Wave over Fury Blast:
    - It IS a dps loss, buuuut Molten wave definitely bursts higher than using the fury blast variant, but its overall damage is a little lower, but with multiple enemies MW would be a dps upgrade over fury blast, depends on how much your are cleaving.

-This spec can be played 100% at range with avatar up, if you happen to die just go into melee and it plays the same (except with cast times on PB and Scald)

-If you happen to get no crits during the build up phase (it happens not often, but sometimes.) Just throw a tectonic spike to get the tremors going and you should be good from there.

Kalerts that may be helpful:

NOTE: I have a 4k monitor so change the X and Y Axis to fit your screen!!

KA::AGqzYeNqNku1uwiAUhm+lV9ABArXjF/YjWWIWoy5miQlBi0rW1gbYjMkufrS62S26GPjBOQd
    e3gfOWNqdrrfBQtcFg2zOmlIelemWuR/jfp1DmORJSkdkFNGhjxgEfme7D/gx1RvHUunkw/LlaSl
    XutTuKPR6X9vlTpqV11FGWLc3ldi8m6OQYVFYBgmgDEIvFdN2I i/5ms1Ykj3Ps6kPOnHIBqDzdE5
    3Ee1uzj8nPFjMrtmfGF3JMuAf3pV57CiCmTKNqh3jEaFxPkoBI IAMs+GA0ds02qnqjNJ0mkJ2muL
    gJYU9SZ5wMIxbHMoi1E4YkpbhQgMvNPPvNP5FY9RaWxVwXV1nu pQ5gDHCPMEIxRTw1F9H7vwRD9Q
    o64QuvHO90aoQByXfamXtiWMQ+//FmNzmgP9zzNay7DdV6N9rq9wPyKnOMYoiABKACR6hjBKG7kW
    opCqtM/tK2Fbq/PyxP47iQa+b/pgGIfjrm/R8fwHCketD
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 03-28-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Shadowlander

When i tried before also whats new with dervish.. (one of my favourites) with legendaries scald and tectonic seems to me that Aftershoc pop quite a pretty nice numbers but this propeller hyb.SHOCK hat definetlly overcome my expectations man.

Numbers looks rly delicious, after some practices in rotation, especially after 2nd avatar what could be the best to minimize drop dps i can post this one. i used only legendary Font of Savagery

STATS status + RiftMeter

GOOD JOB MAN for exploring somethin new what rly works and will make happy many primalists ,)
    Last edited by Acapelaa; 12-04-2016 at 02:24 AM.

Default question about "get into another spec"

Hi, as you will see im new at the class. I love to test out the latest guides from the forum and have a lot of fun at it. But i cant understand that "get into another spec" in the pyromancer/aftershocker guides, Can you please explain me what it mean?
    Maybe im stupid but i realy want to know!

Great work from all the people who write guides, thank you a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by amalahfisacoco View Post
    Hi, as you will see im new at the class. I love to test out the latest guides from the forum and have a lot of fun at it. But i cant understand that "get into another spec" in the pyromancer/aftershocker guides, Can you please explain me what it mean?

Imagine this, focus bar is like combo points of rogues / attack point (or whatever warriors use),
    Its mostly useful and even necessary to be at full combo points to start a fight,
    Same for primalist, for builds you'd either want to be at full fury or cunning to start.
    So, going another spec means that, switch the spec and use abilities on fluff to change your focus bar.

Tl;DR
    Its basically that you may want to start the fight on certain amount of fury or cunning, so you have to change to another soul/build to achieve this.

On these builds you need full fury so go with the first way.
    To get full fury fast: go Vulcanist or berserker and cast their primal avatar to hit full fury.
    To get full cunning: go Dervish or Typhoon and cast their primal avatar to get full cunning.
    Note: if you somehow get in combat before the actual upcoming boss fight, your meter will take 10 seconds then reset so don't let this happen or just dont forget to redo.

Hope it was helpful :-)
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-04-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by amalahfisacoco View Post

Beserker has a buff that puts you at full fury. swap into that spec, use the buff, swap back to aftershocker, buff up and let rip. It's an optimal starting position for highest dps or for the best opening rotations.

Soulwalker

Awesome build mate, Primalist supremacy restored

Just one thing, wouldn't it be wiser to choose Lava Lance over Scirocco for interrupt since it has a greater range?

Shadowlander

choose Lava Lance over Scirocco for interrupt since it has a greater range?
    U can macro it and even if u have sciroco first and u will be on +20m it takes LL.. if u kicked by sciroco u also debilitate or snare for 4s (ofc bosses are immune)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Acapelaa View Post
    U can macro it and even if u have sciroco first and u will be on +20m it takes LL.. if u kicked by sciroco u also debilitate or snare for 4s (ofc bosses are immune)
    I see, haven't thought of that ofc, nvm keep making great guides @op

Seems the Kalerts are busted. I am not getting them to work.

I got a few people asking for my stats and a parse/breakdown. So here it is, in my dimension a 67 dummy with no planar buffs/ weapon enchant.

[4.0] "The Aftershocker"-2016-12-12_001959.jpg[4.0] "The Aftershocker"-2016-12-12_001933.jpg

Soulwalker

not sure how your getting those number I'm following what you had written out and I parse quite a bit differently and 150K less

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Valp View Post
    not sure how your getting those number I'm following what you had written out and I parse quite a bit differently and 150K less
    If you have the same dmg split.
    Your internet connection is also good to get the same swings and you have a good critluck, then it should be possible^^.
    Lets say all of that is given, the biggest problem is imo to get those stats without weaponstones and vials :P

I am missing not only a little bit and the only thing which can push me is to get the bis essences and the new dungeon weapon.
    Also push the fragments from 9 to 15, but it is too expensive :P
    Mallgar@typhiria & Malllgar@typhiria (2 Primalists)
    Guild: IMPERA - Deutsche Raidgilde
    Fragen zum Primalisten? Schreibt mich ingame an :-)

Primalist
    Dervish
    Legendary Tectonic Spike increases Aftershock base damage by 85%
    Legendary Font of Savagery increases Aftershock damage by 12% per stack.

Nerf incoming bois

~PTS patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Primalist
    Dervish
    Legendary Tectonic Spike increases Aftershock base damage by 85%
    Legendary Font of Savagery increases Aftershock damage by 12% per stack.

Nerf incoming bois

~PTS patch notes
    Looks fine to me

Parse on live (before nerfs)

Both in my dim and self buffed with no weapon stones/ planar abilities
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 12-17-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Hiya, i made a even lazier spec for myself, pullin decent numbers.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...8/!3/Rgl8|PYPg

Legendary skills: font of savagery, tectonic spike and primal avatar wind serpent from dervish tree. Vorpal salvo from vulcanist tree, and scald from maelstrom.

I use 1 main macro spam, keeping up 2x stacks of legendary scald, and precise aim. It`s a single target spec, no Aoe whatsoever lol.

Main macro:

#show Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Primal Avatar: Wind Serpent
    cast Savage Blow
    cast Aftershock
    cast Vorpal Salvo
    cast Subduction
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Lashing Wind

Focus is almost all the time in cunning, therefore using legendary vorpal salvo triple dmg.
    Hope you like this build, first one i ever posted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast