+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [3.6] - MAELSTROM - Go Hard or Go Home - MAELSTROM - [PVE]

  1. #16
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    font of sub was a bug fix and the nerf to SS won't reallt affect the priority system at all, it will just make us all sad and a little dead on the inside. It's more of a pvp nerf than a pve nerf though.
    Is the effect of ethereal dmg vs. regular dmg really that small in PvE? Never really paid much attention to it, mainly because its such a rare damage type.

  2. #17
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Is the effect of ethereal dmg vs. regular dmg really that small in PvE? Never really paid much attention to it, mainly because its such a rare damage type.
    Raid bosses have 12% base mitigation from their resistances and armor. However, since they're two levels over us, this is actually 15%. Not having singed spirit would be a substantial nerf. I'm not sure what the change in up time is though,

  3. #18
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Raid bosses have 12% base mitigation from their resistances and armor. However, since they're two levels over us, this is actually 15%. Not having singed spirit would be a substantial nerf. I'm not sure what the change in up time is though,
    Nah it won't make much of a difference.

  4. #19
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default 20%

    If I read the patch notes correctly, the change is from about a 80% uptime to at best about 20%.

  5. #20
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    If I read the patch notes correctly, the change is from about a 80% uptime to at best about 20%.
    Yeah it doesn't make much of a difference.

    Font of Sublimation is broken and that's what has made a big difference.

  6. #21
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Yeah it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Dealing 85% dmg 80% of the time instead of only 10% is quite a difference.
    The dmg gain from SS was like 17,5% before the patch an with the current patch it`s 4%...if you are lucky with your SS procs on procs on procs you may not notice it but in average it should be a good nerf.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 06-09-2016 at 01:07 AM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

  7. #22
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Dealing 85% dmg 80% of the time instead of only 10% is quite a difference.
    The dmg gain from SS was like 17,5% before the patch an with the current patch it`s 4%...if you are lucky with your SS procs on procs on procs you may not notice it but in average it should be a good nerf.
    The nerf is not even close to whats needed if you play the spec right. Maelstrom will still shine ahead like a monster. The difference between being over powered and over powered is nothing.

  8. #23
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    The nerf is not even close to whats needed if you play the spec right. Maelstrom will still shine ahead like a monster. The difference between being over powered and over powered is nothing.
    Sure but it is still making a noticeable difference in dps(drop of 1x k dps) and that is something you denied earlier.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

  9. #24
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Sure but it is still making a noticeable difference in dps(drop of 1x k dps) and that is something you denied earlier.
    Maybe it's noticeable for bads.

    You shouldn't notice anything at all because if you play it correctly no one would be near you to even bother looking.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 06-09-2016 at 01:53 AM.

  10. #25
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Maybe it's noticeable for bads.

    You shouldn't notice anything at all because if you play it correctly no one would be near you to even bother looking.
    meanwhile pulling 15k more dps in skillstrom since font works 100% of the time in it. EYYYYY LETS GO


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  11. #26
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    meanwhile pulling 15k more dps in skillstrom since font works 100% of the time in it. EYYYYY LETS GO
    Is skillstrom ahead of vaelish now then?

  12. #27
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Is skillstrom ahead of vaelish now then?
    For me it depends on the fight. Skillstrom will usually pull ahead by a bit, but it's just so awkward to play by constantly jumping/stutterstepping that I'd rather pray to rngesus and play maelstrom. I guess technically skillstrom is "easier" but it's incredibly annoying and tedious to play for long raid encounters.

    Edit: Totally missed the vaelish part, don't play that spec so honestly I have no idea there. Sorry!
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 06-23-2016 at 12:53 PM.

  13. #28
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Is skillstrom ahead of vaelish now then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    For me it depends on the fight. Skillstrom will usually pull ahead by a bit, but it's just so awkward to play by constantly jumping/stutterstepping that I'd rather pray to rngesus and play maelstrom. I guess technically skillstrom is "easier" but it's incredibly annoying and tedious to play for long raid encounters.

    Edit: Totally missed the vaelish part, don't play that spec so honestly I have no idea there. Sorry!
    Singed spirit was nerfed to a 35s icd instead of 80% uptime so vaelish and maelvish are dead. I haven't bothered to parse since the nerf.

  14. #29
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Is this spec up-to-date?

    Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

  15. #30
    Rift Chaser Electrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Is this spec up-to-date?
    It should be, since it says "3.6" in the title. Maelstrom is also pretty recent, and the announced nerfs have not been applied to the live servers yet.
    Fantasy - 51 Justicar - Eyes of Eternity - Vigil (retired)
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra (retired)
    No longer playing Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts