+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [3.6] - VAELISH - Ninja of the Flames - VAELISH - [PVE]

  1. #1
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default [3.6] - VAELISH - Ninja of the Flames - VAELISH - [PVE]

    Hello, I am Munchmatoast, and this is another propeller hat primalist production, we present to you....


    xXxVAELISH - Ninja of the Flames - VAELISHxXx

    This spec is the highest DPS outside of the current maelstrom for single target boss encounters. Being full mobile with decent disconnect ability, it is simply a more enhanced version of dervish, with much higher single target and disconnect capabilities, however looses out on cleave.

    The spec - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!...hk8l0w/Rg|PsPg

    Buffs: - Apply Font of Sublimation from the Maelstrom tree.

    How to play:
    First place the Flashpoint Beacon, wait until you have 5 stacks of Flashpoint.

    - Opener: Squall>Subsume>Savage Twister>Pressurize>Fury Blast>Savage Blow
    - CD Block: Avatar - Spam 1 until dots need to be refreshed, during this avatar phase you will hit 100 cunning for 40s of increased crit, try to reach full fury for the increased damage for 40s. During avatar and only in avatar you will use air cutter.
    - Outside of CD block, maintain dots, and follow this priority:
    -- Savage Blow
    -- Pressurize
    -- Savage Twister
    -- Fury Blast
    -- Font procs
    -- Then just Earth>Lashing wind proc rotations.

    Macros:
    Outside Avatar Spam:
    #show effervescent blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Effervescent Blast
    cast Searing Plasma
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Aftershock
    cast Subsume
    cast Scald

    Inside Avatar Spam:
    #show Effervescent Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Effervescent Blast
    cast Searing Plasma
    cast Air Cutter
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Aftershock
    cast Scald
    cast Fury Blast

    #show Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    target @self
    cast @gtae Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    targetlasttarget

    Primalist DPS Parses:
    Spoiler!

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Hello, I am Munchmatoast, and this is another propeller hat primalist production, we present to you....


    xXxVAELISH - Ninja of the Flames - VAELISHxXx

    This spec is the highest DPS outside of the current maelstrom for single target boss encounters. Being full mobile with decent disconnect ability, it is simply a more enhanced version of dervish, with much higher single target and disconnect capabilities, however looses out on cleave.

    The spec - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!...hk8l0w/Rg|PsPg

    Buffs: - Apply Font of Sublimation from the Maelstrom tree.

    How to play:
    First place the Flashpoint Beacon, wait until you have 5 stacks of Flashpoint.

    - Opener: Squall>Subsume>Savage Twister>Pressurize>Fury Blast>Savage Blow
    - CD Block: Avatar - Spam 1 until dots need to be refreshed, during this avatar phase you will hit 100 cunning for 40s of increased crit, try to reach full fury for the increased damage for 40s. During avatar and only in avatar you will use air cutter.
    - Outside of CD block, maintain dots, and follow this priority:
    -- Savage Blow
    -- Pressurize
    -- Savage Twister
    -- Fury Blast
    -- Font procs
    -- Then just Earth>Lashing wind proc rotations.

    Macros:
    Outside Avatar Spam:
    #show effervescent blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Effervescent Blast
    cast Searing Plasma
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Aftershock
    cast Subsume
    cast Scald

    Inside Avatar Spam:
    #show Effervescent Blast
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Effervescent Blast
    cast Searing Plasma
    cast Air Cutter
    cast Tectonic Spike
    cast Seismic Smash
    cast Aftershock
    cast Scald
    cast Fury Blast

    #show Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    target @self
    cast @gtae Summon: Flashpoint Beacon
    targetlasttarget

    Primalist DPS Parses:
    Spoiler!
    These hybrids are 10/10 top notch quality, thanks for finding em Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default a bit more detail

    Can you expound a bit on "Then just Earth>Lashing wind proc rotations."?

  4. #4
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Can you expound a bit on "Then just Earth>Lashing wind proc rotations."?
    An earth ability in the spam macro then a lashing wind due to the proc you get that increases it's damage by 120%.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default just to be sure

    So...

    IF QuickBreezeProc = TRUE, THEN LashingWind, ELSE Spam

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default opener

    Wouldn't it make sense to put Savage Twister right after Squall in the opener, to benefit from the (presumed) True Harmony?

    Also, with Fury Blast where it is in the opener, it won't apply the DOT if you start at True Harmony. Are you pre-applying some Fury, somehow?

  7. #7
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    So...

    IF QuickBreezeProc = TRUE, THEN LashingWind, ELSE Spam
    Yeah, pretty much, just follow the priority.

    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Wouldn't it make sense to put Savage Twister right after Squall in the opener, to benefit from the (presumed) True Harmony?

    Also, with Fury Blast where it is in the opener, it won't apply the DOT if you start at True Harmony. Are you pre-applying some Fury, somehow?
    So the problem is building rage will make it so that you never get savage twister at perfect harmony, you want to start the build in full Fury like you do in Dervish and you just want to get the dots up to buff Savage Blow and hopefully proc SS etc.

    The initial fury blast DoT doesnt matter, you can start at PH it's fine, the reason you use it is to just get the crit buff from Maelstrom for using a fire ability.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default stopcasting?

    Why are you putting stopcasting in the macros? I found myself inadvertently interrupting some SP and EB hard-casts.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Why are you putting stopcasting in the macros? I found myself inadvertently interrupting some SP and EB hard-casts.
    Because you don't want to hard cast. Keep moving or jumping.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Dontii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I have a few questions

    1. Somehow my Air Cutter doesnt hit as high as yours, even tho i am using your Macros and follow you prio list.

    2. is it a huge dps loss to macro savage blow?
    Last edited by Dontii; 05-23-2016 at 08:25 AM.

    Dontiiprim@Typhiria


  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer Orangu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontii View Post
    I have a few questions

    1. Somehow my Air Cutter doesnt hit as high as yours, even tho i am using your Macros and follow you prio list.

    2. is it a huge dps loss to macro savage blow?
    do you mean high as in % wise in your dps ranking? If so it might just be crit RNG when compared to other abilities is different for him than you.

    2. If you macro savage blow vs non macro you need to remember that's 3 seconds of it (roughly) that you're missing. Assuming you refresh it at an average of every 11 seconds when not macroing and and 8 seconds when you do macro it, on average you'll lose about 28% damage per cast of savage blow if you macro it and use it on cooldown. It's a pretty big loss but not the end of the world


    Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

  12. #12
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dontii View Post
    I have a few questions

    1. Somehow my Air Cutter doesnt hit as high as yours, even tho i am using your Macros and follow you prio list.

    2. is it a huge dps loss to macro savage blow?
    Could just be crit rng/ss rng.

    Yeah, it's a huge loss, so many wasted gcd's. You can't really waste GCD's in this spec.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker Dontii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks guys

    Dontiiprim@Typhiria


  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    162

    Default

    "try to reach full fury for the increased damage for 40s"

    Is this meant to be done outside of the avatar phase? with the non-avatar macro I couldn't reach 100 fury.

    Do you hold down space bar or move around? I found jumping produces higher dps for the other 1button spec, not sure if it makes a difference for this one.
    Last edited by Theriene; 06-08-2016 at 05:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theriene View Post
    "try to reach full fury for the increased damage for 40s"

    Is this meant to be done outside of the avatar phase? with the non-avatar macro I couldn't reach 100 fury.

    Do you hold down space bar or move around? I found jumping produces higher dps for the other 1button spec, not sure if it makes a difference for this one.
    What you should do is start in full fury so you have that buff already for 40s, then avatar will put you in full cunning, then just refresh the full fury buff every 40s by staying low fury with lashing wind.

    I just move around. Jumping and moving around are the exact same thing, there is no difference except you can control where you are going if you move around.

    Also jumping produces less dps for Vulstrom.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 06-08-2016 at 05:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts