+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.5 Primalist Titan tank build - low level and beyond

Default 3.5 Primalist Titan tank build - low level and beyond

My primalist is fairly new and still low level, so don't get your hopes up with this build just yet, but try it and let me now what ya think. Also my first attempt at anything like this

lvl 18 http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!1/_mAMg/Nd

lvl 30 http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!1d/_klwx0/Nd

lvl 42 http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!18/_kl24w/Nd

lvl 55 http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#!18/_kl5aA8/N8

lvl 65 31 Titan / 4 Typhoon / 4 Berserker

Anyways at low level you want this build, switch it up later if you don't like it, I tried the preset and due to the lack of any AoE till higher level, I hated tanking with the primalist, so I tried other ways and got this one.

Due to the fact low level dungeons are better when done faster, this build will allow you to be just as good as a warrior, rogue or cleric tank.

Skills - main bar

1) essence tap (for taunting adds off party members)
    2) icy cleave macro (AoE dmg to help hold aggro)
    3) earthquake macro (more aoe dmg for aggro)
    4) low stability macro (can be spammed for ranged aoe dmg)

#show Icy Cleave
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Icy Cleave
    cast break free
    #show Low Stability
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Low Stability
    cast Torrential Rain
    #show Earthquake
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Earthquake
    cast Crystalline Smash
    #show Summon: Lifewarding Beacon
    target yourname
    cast @gtae Summon: Lifewarding Beacon
    targetlasttarget

the purpose of the macro is just for spamming on large pulls or for distance mobs you want to pull but don't feel like running over to grab lol

Skills - 2nd bar

q) Epicenter (for summoning those ranged mobs who don't want to move, to you)
    w) Crystalline lance (another lazy puller skill for distanced mobs you don't want to run to)
    e) haven't found anything for E yet

At higher levels you can include skills such as,
    1-Primal Roar (aoe taunt)
    2-Overwhelm (interupt)
    Not sure why primalist gets these skills so late in the game, i think i got these past lvl 50, so add them when ya get them.

Buffs

Font of retaliation
    Titanic spirit

Strat

Simple, run into group of mobs, use Earthquake and then mash Icy Cleave, use the macro for a quick aoe burst of aggro on mobs you rounded up and if you need to grab a group of mobs off in the distance you just don't want to run over to lol.

I will post a video shortly of this build showing what to do and how to play in a few
    Last edited by Kradnam; 04-01-2016 at 04:49 PM.

8 Besrserker/0 something (pick Typhoon cause of Low Stability or Preserver for Nurture and NMR Unity powerup usage etc.) with Ethereal Corruption and Totemic Power 62/2 mastery is better imo. Also 63/3 mastery is better as well for most situations.
    Last edited by Shel@Zaviel; 03-31-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shel@Zaviel View Post
    8 Besrserker/0 something (pick Typhoon cause of Low Stability or Preserver for Nurture and NMR Unity powerup usage etc.) with Ethereal Corruption and Totemic Power 62/2 mastery is better imo. Also 63/3 mastery is better as well for most situations.
    Yeah not to sure on the 60+ masteries, but the ones i chose seem pretty solid, as for the 8 berserker, it did ok but nothing as close to the damage or threat i do with the build i posted, maybe i will retry it later, but this was just a buld to help lower levels tank without losing aggro and stopping to only tank 1 mob at a time like i have seen.
    I had only seen 1 primalist tank, he was 65 and he sucked, i don't want to be that tank lol.
    I had just gotten the primalist couple days back, so far this has been the best build I have used yet, and with 4 into typhoon for the 12% hp gives me that little bit extra for when heals is in support spec for some reason.

OK after trying the 8 berserker, its useless low level without the level 62 totemic power, so this is still better then the other one till 62+.
    Last edited by Kradnam; 03-31-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Lol i posted this spec two months ago. its a great spec but my thread still has no replies

Imo its the quintessential preraid titan strat

N u are absolutely right about typhoon for aoe threat,
    It is much more potent than bersk
    Last edited by Maril; 04-14-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    N u are absolutely right about typhoon for aoe threat,
    It is much more potent than bersk
    until you hit lvl 62 and can spread ethereal corruption
    Last edited by Orangu; 04-14-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Drop earthquake before pull, then, Typhoon allows for a precast + instant aoe dot.
    With 3 things active that can all hit 8+ targets before the mobs are even engaged, I consider it far better than any alternative.
    Next can use underworld shards and then that 50 fury aoe channel. That rocket into fury helps fuel many titan moves.
    Last drop your big aoe stun and your dps will probably rocket past your party for a few seconds.

I've actually found Icy Cleave to be really bad at threat due to how little damage it does and how it works in a cone in front rather than being 360. It's a completely last resort move for me.
    Last edited by Maril; 04-14-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    Drop earthquake before pull, then, Typhoon allows for a precast + instant aoe dot.
    With 3 things active that can all hit 8+ targets before the mobs are even engaged, I consider it far better than any alternative.
    Next can use underworld shards and then that 50 fury aoe channel. That rocket into fury helps fuel many titan moves.
    Last drop your big aoe stun and your dps will probably rocket past your party for a few seconds.

I've actually found Icy Cleave to be really bad at threat due to how little damage it does and how it works in a cone in front rather than being 360. It's a completely last resort move for me.
    ethereal corruption does more dps than all of those combined and you can maintain it on unlimited amount of targets.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I mainly made this for low lvl dungeons, as the 8 point berserker was garbage for until 62.
    Anyone that has been in group with me or seen me tank, knows i am not a stop at every mob type of person, so this build allowed me to tank like i do with my cleric, rogue or mage, I could pull boss to boss no problem and it wasn't till 60+ i had issues with threat, so i switched to the 8 point berserker and it worked well.

The issue with berserker, is that you need to be right up on them for ethereal corruption to hit an enemy, i had used typhoon for low stability and people called me stupid, yeah least i can hold aggro when they struggle and the healer dies

+ Reply to Thread