+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Maril
  • 1 Post By Artewig

Thread: EZ Mode Titan Guide

Thumbs up EZ Mode Titan Guide

Welcome to the EZ Mode titan guide because qing for experts takes too long

What you need:
    DO some PVP to get basic gears. You'll be basically at 1200 hit in the first week, and if you are struggling have some friend walk you through nightmare saga for your starter t1 weapon.

What you don't need:
    tank gear or a brain

Does it work?
    Surprisingly yes. The survivability is awesome.
    31 Titan, 4 Berserker, 4 Typhoon, because Dex
    The spec:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...liGx0/!1g|Td_M

The buttons:

You'll mostly just press 1 button. I'm sorry. It is true.

#show Overwhelm
    cast [shift] Overwhelm
    cast [alt] Essence Tap
    cast Titan's Fury
    cast Earthquake
    cast Crystalline Smash
    cast Crystalline Lance
    cast Temper
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Raging Waters
    cast Creeping Vines

Hold alt to activate taunt, hold shift to do the interrupt. This macro will keep all your standard buffs up, you'll get your reflect shield every 30 seconds from mastery, and your crystalline smash shield ASAP when its off cooldown.

That's about all you really need!
    Here are some extra buttons you may want to use from time to time:
    Put these on your bar to get used to them.
    Summon: Lifewarding Beacon If you are pro you will remember to drop this near your healer before a boss fight maybe.
    Lifewalk (teleport) i dont know where this is actually useful
    AOE mechanics macro

Emergency buttons in order of severity:
    Primal Avatar: Ram (full heal/shield and stay alive regen for 10 sec)
    Ancestral Force macro (see below) (big self heal)
    Upheaval (AOE stun) might as well save it until its useful, you could add it to the macro but that would make me cry
    Vitrify (40% damage reduction)

AOE Mechanics macro:
    cast [alt] Epicenter
    cast [shift] Primal Roar
    cast [shift] @targettarget Life Bond
    cast [shift] Life Bond
    cast Low Stability
    cast Torrential Rain
    cast Crystalline Lance

cause really, is there any situation in rift where you can't blow your aoe taunt when trying to press your intercept button?

Ancestral Forces macro:
    #show Ancestral Forces
    cast [shift] Ancestral Forces
    cast @self Ancestral Forces

So you can, like, control if you are trying to heal yourself or someone else

Ok so 8 buttons on your bar, I guess thats good, a couple spaces left for the self buffs.
    Here are the self buffs:
    Titanic Spirit
    Font of Retaliation

And if you want to focus slightly more on aoe damage for a certain pull you can occasionally press Icy Cleave, so that fills your bar, you'll probably be fine since earthquake will be up all the time.

why does it work?
    it has 56% effective block, 23%dodge, a spell reflect, extremely high resists, a new 11k+ shield every 4 seconds, and lots of straight %mitigation buffs, this is just with basic 1200 hit dps gears. actually having tank gear improves the story, but unless your trying to raid seriously this spec works well

basic tanking protocol:
    dont turn your back to the enemy (youll get hit harder), try to hit everything you pull with your first attack, dont body pull, use your taunt after a mob has pulled off you (not to do the pull... damn noobs), understand enemy behavior, look at your other players so you can tell if they are ready by body language (they get annoyed by frequent ready checks and also if you pull before they are ready)

kalerts: you dont need any because the 1 button you mash will keep your buffs up

what cant you do? well most primalist skills hit 8 mobs max, some other classes can hit more mobs at once
    earthquake claims to hit EVERYTHING but i have not tested how much EVERYTHING that is

when in doubt, press all the buttons

Edit: Do you need to look at your fury/cunning bar?
    NO, you might as well remove it from the UI cause its just kind of annoying to watch. Save that for dps. Don't need it for preserver either.
    Last edited by Maril; 02-05-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you!

Thanks for the guide. It's easy to follow and so far it's kicking butt! I'm at lvl 30 so far but it looks like it's ez mode and easy to kill, so once again thanks!

BTW, do you use 2h or 1h and shield?

Primalists can only use two handed weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Default Ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Primalists can only use two handed weapons.
    Thanks Joker!

Soulwalker

Default Crazy!

Ok, sorry to keep going, but this is by far the best solo build for Primalist! I can fight 4+ mobs that are 5 - 7 levels above me and end the fight with 100% health... CRAZY!

Thanks again Maril!!! Can't say enough about this build!

Soulwalker

Default Thank you

I followed the your guide and it is awesome! thanks a ton. Is there a Karuuls alert for this build?
    Last edited by Drakneil; 09-20-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Shadowlander

Cheers for the guide, I finally found something I can do with my primmy without knuckle numbing combos or having to pay out more for the extra souls.

This reminds me of the Burning Crusade/WotLK era of the Druid tank on Warcraft, simple rotation, easy survive-ability and as I was told tonite in IA I was almost negligible to heal and its good to be back behind the tank once again as I tanked up until last year on WoW with my bear and racked up some superb kills including solo tanking ol' Lichie before pansy buff came in.

Shame some of the DPS Primmy souls are just so awful imho, Berserker does little ST damage but insane AoE, Dervish and Vulcanist are both unforgiving masters and with low hand mobility just too much for me sadly, I want to play the game not watch keypresses and rotations and this build does it nicely.

Cool

Wow, glad some people liked this. I hadn't seen comments in first couple months so I hadn't checked again. I will update for SFP then. Been a long time since i was on the primalist.

+ Reply to Thread