+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lith's BerVulDer Guide (top melee ST spec)

Default Lith's BerVulDer Guide (top melee ST spec)

BerVulDer (or BVD) is a very simple to use, very effective melee ST dps spec with great cleave potential.

Pros:
    -incredibly high sustain dps
    -2 interrupts that do not share a cooldown
    -raid crit buff
    -raid non-phys buff
    -great cleaving
    -through DoTs can handle disconnects decently well
    -has a pull

Cons:
    -not super mobile (requires you be in melee or face the consequences)
    -No real burst outside of Beacon of the drake

The Build:
    20 d / 14v / 5b
    burst CD version: 21d/ 14v/ 4ty

The first build is generally the correct one, I have the burst CD one here for those of you that like to experiment. (It does not outparse the 5 berserker build to my knowledge and personal testing, but it comes close)

Masteries:

61: primodial strength

62: This one varies. Use totemic power if there is AoE on a fight and then use the font of wit buff from vulcanist as your font choice. If it is strictly a single target fight you can use steadfast rejuvenation and then run font of savagery, but both versions parse in rid that I usually just run the totemic power build. (The trick to totemic power is that using morbid Slash will refresh and spread your ethereal corruption to targets near your main target)

63:This is flexible and does not matter, I recommend Ursine Tenacity though for the 10% flat movement speed.

64: elemental affinity... always.... all the time

65: spiritualism

The rotation:
    This is a very simple, repeated rotation and there are 3 variants of it. Which one you go with is dependant on what you need to do since they all parse roughly the same ST wise.

-The "MW rotation":
    This rotation utilizes molten wave which gives it decent natural cleave, the upside to this rotation is that it works very well for those that have even the slightest amount of lag in a raid. It currently is the top rotation dps wise as well by a very small margin.

Precision bolt > conflagrate > lashing wind > fury blast > savage twister > ethereal corruption > stroke of brilliance > lashing wind > tectonic spike > lashing wind > fury blast > vorpal salvo > molten wave for 3 ticks

There is another version of this that uses another stroke instead of voral salvo, but the abilities are shifted around a little bit to accommodate being at harmony where you use conflagrate / tectonic spike when you get to harmony followed by a lashing wind and then a stroke.

For beacon of the drake, try to use it after precision bolt, and before the first fury blast in this 15s rotation as it will cause the previous fury blast to do it's last tick of damage and allow for slightly higher DPS. You also want to use this during good raid CDs or whenever you can maximize it's AoE cleaving. On a fight if there is AoE coming up in say 30 seconds, it may be beneficial to hold onto this cooldown until that time to get more damage out of it.

For more AoE after you apply ethereal corruption use morbid slash > lashing wind and go right back into the normal rotation. Just cut out the last fury blast and vorpal slash so it looks like:
    Precision bolt > conflagrate > lashing wind > fury blast > savage twister > ethereal corruption > Morbid Slash > lashing wind > stroke of brilliance > lashing wind > tectonic spike > lashing wind > molten wave for 3 ticks

You can modify this further by eliminating ethereal corruption from the rotation and relying on morbid slash to reapply it, but due to lag I never find this possible for myself, but you might.

- the "Morbid Slash" rotation (props to Jozy from Apoth):
    This rotation has much more mobility and higher passive cleave damage than the MW rotation, but the drawback is it doesn't work very well if you have a lag due to morbid slash refreshing ethereal corruption.
    opener:
    savage twister > conflagrate > ethereal corruption > precision bolt > lashing wind > fury blast > stroke of brilliance > lashing wind > tectonic spike > lashing wind > aftershock > lashing wind > fury blast > morbid slash > aftershock

then repeat:

savage twister > conflagrate > lashing wind > precision bolt > lashing wind > fury blast > stroke of brilliance > lashing wind > tectonic spike > lashing wind > aftershock > lashing wind > fury blast > morbid slash > aftershock

Macros:

There are none except

#show tectonic spike
    cast tectonic spike
    cast aftershock

There are some you can make to apply and keep up squall and spiritualism, but I do not suggest this and I suggest micro managing them. If you did do this however make sure you only macro them to instant cast melee abilities or there will be noticeable ability lag.
    Example:

#show Lashing wind
    cast lashing wind
    cast squall
    cast @self spiritualism

I hope this has helped, any questions or comments feel free to message me in game or on the forums.

ALSO if you would like a video of this spec or would find it useful, leave a comment and i'll make one.
    Last edited by Orangu; 11-02-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

TL;DR Make vid plz :P
    Last edited by Waseem2k; 11-02-2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    #show Lashing wind
    cast lashing wind
    cast squall
    cast @self spiritualism
    Delete this. Now. Please.
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    No thanks. Don't use. Please.

i am assuming you are focusing on a pull being macroed. There is a reason I do not suggest these macros, but if it makes it easier for someone who isn't very good at maintaining that kind of stuff and it makes their life easier then they have the option. People like me and you know why it's not ideal to macro them and that part of the guide isn't for those that know better. It works fine for boss encounters for the most part.
    Last edited by Orangu; 11-02-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

(Really minor thing) For the morbid slash rotation, is there a reason you're not using stroke instead of vorpal in the opener? it hits for about 2-3k more at 0 focus (without moment) and still procs breeze.
    Last edited by Advea; 11-02-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advea View Post
    (Really minor thing) For the morbid slash rotation, is there a reason you're not using stroke instead of vorpal in the opener? it hits for about 2-3k more at 0 focus (without moment) and still procs breeze.
    good catch. I never use that rotation so it was pretty much taken from elsewhere lol
    Last edited by Orangu; 11-02-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

The real question is when do you beacon with that tight of a rotation and a gcd beacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    The real question is when do you beacon with that tight of a rotation and a gcd beacon?
    it is honestly not a tight rotation with MW. you want to get it up with PB buff up, so that's it really. but like i said, ideal to use it between PB and first FB in rotation

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    it is honestly not a tight rotation with MW. you want to get it up with PB buff up, so that's it really. but like i said, ideal to use it between PB and first FB in rotation
    Sorry, I meant to refer to the morbid slash one.

I noticed this is far less lagdependant than paragons last double rh so it seems resonable to play in raidsettings but I'm wondering where to fit in the beacon really.

Quote Originally Posted by Godgrinder View Post
    Sorry, I meant to refer to the morbid slash one.

I noticed this is far less lagdependant than paragons last double rh so it seems resonable to play in raidsettings but I'm wondering where to fit in the beacon really.
    ah, in that case you want to fit it in where ever you need it, but be aware that you are going to have to redo the "opener" to get ec rolling again. I would suggest to use it where neither the opener or regular rotations change and that is between PB and the first lashing wind. Maybe Jozy has some more insight on this, but for me that's been the most successful.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    good thing regulos is not current tier content

As I have stated several times here and in the guide, that macro is not for those of us that know better, it is for those that are new to the mechanic and are not used to micro managing it yet. I should hope that experienced players are smart enough to know when it shouldn't be macroed but making things a little bit easier for the new guys is fine by me.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Shadowlander

Has anyone tried this alternate rotation?

Lashing (40) -> Precision (60) -> Lashing (100) -> Fury Blast (60) -> Conflagrate (40) -> Tectonic spike (20) -> Aftershock (0)
    Savage Twister (0) -> Ethereal Corruption (0) -> Lashing (40) -> Fury Blast (0) -> Aftershock (-20) -> Lashing (20) -> Aftershock (0)

Telaran

Default fury blast gets clipped in MW rotation

in this part of Molten Wave rotation :

Precision bolt > conflagrate >
    lashing wind > fury blast >
    savage twister > ethereal corruption >
    stroke of brilliance >
    lashing wind > tectonic spike >
    lashing wind > fury blast >
    vorpal salvo > molten wave for 3 ticks

the bold red Fury blast overwrites final tick of bold green Fury blast.

i tried using SoB/Savage Twister as a filler, but SoB isnt up soon enough to use, plus ST is a dps loss to use while not at True harmony. I'm currently using underworld shards as a filler.

im reasonably certain im doing the rest of the rotation correctly. please help.
    Last edited by Australium; 11-04-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Orgibatei View Post
    Has anyone tried this alternate rotation?

Lashing (40) -> Precision (60) -> Lashing (100) -> Fury Blast (60) -> Conflagrate (40) -> Tectonic spike (20) -> Aftershock (0)
    Savage Twister (0) -> Ethereal Corruption (0) -> Lashing (40) -> Fury Blast (0) -> Aftershock (-20) -> Lashing (20) -> Aftershock (0)
    it could be opener.

Precision (20) -> Lashing (60) -> Conflagrate (40) -> Fury Blast (0)

BTW, why arent we applying our dots DURING flaring power? the boost should be worth it, yes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast