+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: In-depth Titan Guide and Video

Default In-depth Titan Guide and Video

This guide will be concerned with titan tanking and most of it's nuances.

Concept

31 Titan is something you would call an active tank. What this means is that a lot of your mitigation does not come passively in your soul tree, but rather through abilities and procs.

Builds
    I had to increase my UI size for these screenshots so bear with me

This is the standard build for general purpose. The 3rd offsoul with 0 points in it is for swapping purposes only. You can change 0 point souls in combat so what you do is swap to vulcanist when you may need a 30m ranged single-target ability (fury blast) and then swap to typhoon when you need a ranged AoE ability (Low Stability). If you do not want to swap out souls than stick with typhoon.

For the lvl 62 mastery, you can change between Totemic Power and Shepherd's Care depending on if you need a reflect or not, just be aware that this will hurt your AoE threat.

As Leth pointed out, the 63 mastery Feline Reflexes only spreads in a 120 degree cone behind the target which makes Ursine Tenacity more viable as an option (to increase your guard range)

Link: 31 titan / 8 berserker / 0 typhoon

Stat Priority
    guard to cap > endurance > dexterity > dodge > block > strength
    (You could argue that dexterity is more important when under the guard cap because your base guard is determined by it)

Buffs

You want to use Font of Retaliation and Titanic Spirit

How to use Abilities

Creeping Vines -This does a lot of damage and is good sustainable threat, try to maintain it on all mobs whenever tanking up to at least 3 targets. Generates 20 fury.

Essence strike - Standard spam ability, can't use over 80 fury and also increases your dodge chance by 10% for 20s. You don't really have to worry about maintaining this dodge buff because it's the ability you use the most, except for AoE when you want to pay attention to it. Generates 20 fury.

Crystalline Lance - Can't use over 60 cunning. Provides 5% block chance for 20s. Does less damage than essence strike so you do not want to prioritize this ability over essence strike except for any aoe situation or maintaining the Aftermath proc. It's important to note that this ability has 30 meter range and that it chains to more targets which means there is a slight delay before it generates AoE threat. Has a 30% chance to have cooldown reset when blocking. The mastery increases it to 6 targets up from 3. Generates 40 cunning.

Crystalline Smash - Can't use over 60 cunning. Gives a negligible shield. Off global cooldown so you can spam this ability provided you manage your fury/cunning bar. Deals a lot of damage and gives a lot of free threat, so ideally you want this to be used off cooldown. Generates 40 cunning.

Earthquake - Can't be used over 60 cunning. reduces spell damage by 10% for 20s. This ability is in a weird place, it currently is dropped on the ground where your target is standing, and does AoE to mobs within that immobile circle. Triggers Aftermath. Generates 40 cunning.

Upheaval - Can't be used over 60 cunning. This is our hardest hitting ability and generates the most instant aggro, it also stuns for 3 seconds (doesn't stun in most dungeon and raid encounters outside of trash packs). Applies Aftermath. Generates 40 cunning.

Primal Avatar: Ram - Argueably one of the better tank reactive CDs in the game. heals you for 100% of your health, breaks all movement impairing CC, overhealing is made into an absorb, heals you for 7% of your Health every second for 15 seconds, and puts you at 100 fury. 2 min CD

Temper - 20% damage reduction on a 30 second cooldown. The short cooldown on this makes it very useful because it's up a lot of the time.

Titan's Fury - When invested into Shepherd's Care mastery, this becomes a reflect. Increases damage done by 20% and generates 40 fury. This is really only useful when trying to generate aggro on the pull or a new mob.

Vitrify - 40% damage reduction 1 minute cooldown. This is your main damage reduction cooldown and can be used with or without temper to stack damage reduction. There is another function tagged onto this ability that reduces the damage everyone behind you in a 10m cone takes by 20%. This is a great raid cooldown in ideal situations, but unfortunately it's our main damage reduction cooldown as well, which makes it's secondary purpose almost lost in translation. Basically if you are tanking the boss currently, use this for yourself, if you are not currently tanking and it's useful as a raid cooldown, use it for that but be aware of the effect being a cone behind you. Does not stack with Flames of Life from purifier.

Summon: Lifewarding Beacon - This is a nifty thing you throw on the ground every minute that gives a small shield to 5 people in your raid every 3 seconds. Considering you only need to put this down once a minute and forget it, this isn't a terrible ability to keep up for some free raid shielding.

Life Bond - This is a standard tank intercept that you use on someone that is about to take a lot of damage, the catch is that whoever you use it on gets a reactionary ability that will teleport them to you that they can choose to use.

Epicenter - This is a 5 target AoE taunt around your character that also pulls the mobs in to you. Important to not the taunt is around your character model, and not your target.

Overwhelm - standard interrupt

Lifewalk - This ability is a ground targeted AoE that let's you teleport to where you want to. Since this is a ground-targeted AoE there is a nifty macro you can use with this that I will provide in the macro section.

Essence Tap - Standard 1 target taunt.

Primal Roar - Standard 10 target taunt.

Berserker Abilities to Note

Icy Cleave - Only true spam AoE ability. Doesn't really do much damage or generate much threat however. Generates 20 fury.

Corpsefall - When in cunning does single target damage (more than essence strike) and generates 20 fury. When in fury deals AoE damage and generates 40 cunning.

Ethereal corruption - very very strong damage over time. Since this is ethereal damage it ignores resistances. Can be spread with Morbid Slash to affect 6 total targets with the mastery Totemic Power which is important for AoE sustained threat.

Morbid Slash - Only used to spread Ethereal Corruption to more targets, will also refresh the duration of this buff on target so it's used when tanking 1 mob as well. Generates 40 cunning.

Underworld Shards - This ability is more important than it seems because it generates the most fury of any ability we have. Since most core titan abilities generate 40 cunning and can not be used over 60 cunning this ability is key on AoE and single target for resource management. The damage is ok, but the fact it generates 60 fury is huge.

No Witnesses - This could be useful when wanting to give threat to someone else instead of yourself like a different tank or that pesky guy in raid that you hate and want the boss to smack around and teach a lesson to.

Other Abilities of note

Low Stability, Typhoon - good ranged AoE instant threat generator. Generates 20 fury.

Fury Blast, Vulcanist - decent ranged ability that you can spam. generates 40 cunning and requires 40 fury or higher to apply a damage over time.

Ancestral Force, 65 mastery located under Ascended Powers - Good healing CD or AoE threat CD.

Macros

I highly recommend using as little macros as possible since you are a tank and there isn't much room for error. Resource management is also important in this build and you need to be able to control your primalist bar in order to do what you want. These macros are more for QoL and less for SPAM THIS TO WIN LOLOLOLOL.

You could make a long winded spam macro, but this might put certain abilities on CD at undesirable times like crystalline lance going on CD right before several mobs spawn, earthquake being laid down in a useless spot, using underworld shards too often etc.

Single-Target "spam" macro:

#show Crystalline Smash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crystalline Smash
    cast Essence Strike

AoE macro:
    #show Crystalline Lance
    cast Crystalline Lance
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Icy Cleave

Lifewalk macro (this will teleport you to your target):
    #show Lifewalk
    cast @gtae Lifewalk

Life Bond:
    #show Life Bond
    cast @mouseoverui Life Bond

Life warding Beacon:
    #show Summon: Lifewarding Beacon
    cast @gtae Summon: Lifewarding Beacon

Threat swap macro:
    #show no Witnesses
    cast @mouseoverui no witnesses

Ancestral force self heal:
    #show ancestral force
    cast @self ancestral force
    ^ change to @mouseoverui to use it on a different raid member. You will also need to have it on it's own button if you wish to use this on the pull for AoE threat.

Useful Buttons
    I suggest these to be on their own key, in addition to above macros.

Creeping vines
    Earthquake
    Upheaval
    Primal Avatar: Ram
    Temper
    Titan's Fury
    Vitrify
    Epicenter
    Overwhelm
    Essence Tap
    Primal Roar
    Corpsefall
    Underworld Shards
    Ethereal Corruption
    Morbid Slash
    Low Stability/Fury Blast

Priority Rotations

Explanation of the focus bar:
    When you are playing primalist, most souls use the primalist bar to flow between different sets of abilities depending on which side of the bar you are on. Titan however is not like this. You need to forgo the thoughts of fury and cunning and instead view the primalist bar as a sort of energy bar where when it's towards the right you are out of energy, and when towards the left you are full on energy. Your "Builders" of this energy are your fury generating abilities like underworld shards, icy cleave, essence strike, titan's fury, and creeping vine. Your "Consumers" of this energy are your cooldowns like crystalline lance, earthquake, crystalline smash, and upheaval. When you are under 40 energy (over 60 cunning) you do not have enough "energy" to use your cooldowns, and the reverse when you are over 180 energy (above 80 fury) you cannot use your builders. This is designed so that when you have not enough energy you can't use your consumers, but when you have too much energy you need to use them and not hold onto them because they are what give you "Aftermath" which reduces your damage taken. What this means is that when you do not need to use your consumers a lot, you use your builders to get towards max energy and sit around high levels of energy so that you can burn it all when you need extra threat. You do need to keep in mind the buffs that the consumers give you and use them accordingly.

Single-Target

Opener: pull with a Titan's Fury > essence strike > lifewalk > upheaval > crystalline smash > earthquake > crystalline lance > ethereal corruption > essence strike > creeping vines

1. Maintain Aftermath buff every 10 seconds with upheaval, crystalline lance, or earthquake
    2. Underworld shards if over 60 cunning
    3. Maintain earthquake, essence strike, and crystalline lance buffs
    4. Maintain Summon: Lifewarding Beacon
    5. Maintain Earthquake in a useful position
    6. Use Crystalline smash on cooldown
    7. Use Upheaval on cooldown (unless AoE mobs are expected before the CD would be up)
    7. Maintain creeping vines
    8. Ethereal Corruption applied
    9. Morbid Slash to refresh Ethereal corruption when about to fall off
    10. Corpsefall when in cunning
    11. Essence strike for filler
    (optional) 12. Fury Blast if target over 20m away

AoE:

Opener: pull with Titan's Fury > Crystalline lance > lifewalk(if needed) > Upheaval > Earthquake then follow the priority
    Alternatively you can pull with Titan's Fury > Ancestral Force > crystalline lance instead of blinking into the mob pack to generate threat from range.

A Little Tip (shout out to YobiRaion): When anticipating the need for AoE threat (when mobs spawn, you need to apply burst AoE threat, something along these lines) try to sit around or ideally above 60 fury so that you can use your AoE cooldowns in quicker succession.

1. Maintain Aftermath buff every 10 seconds with upheaval, crystalline lance, or earthquake
    2. Underworld shards if over 60 cunning
    3. Maintain earthquake, essence strike, and crystalline lance buffs
    4. Maintain Summon: Lifewarding Beacon
    7. Use Upheaval on cooldown
    5. Maintain Earthquake in a useful position
    6. Use Crystalline lance on cooldown and with Reverberation procs
    7. Maintain creeping vines (If at least 3 targets, if more than 3 do not use this)
    8. Ethereal Corruption applied
    9. Morbid Slash to refresh Ethereal corruption when about to fall off
    10. Corpsefall when in fury
    11. Low stability if no ranged AoE snap aggro is needed soon
    12. icy cleave for filler

In Conclusion:
    I hope this helps a little and I will expand on this guide as time goes on and suggestions get made. This spec isn't very complicated on the surface, and may look intimidating when viewed like this but it's a very fun spec to play and after some dev love has the potential to be a very strong build.

As always any questions feel free to message me on any of my toons, PM me on the forums, or respond to this post.
    Last edited by Orangu; 04-24-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

placeholder

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Walker

Thanks
    Will take a look at it and compare it with, yeah, myself.

Aenomaly former <Fires of Heaven>
    Aenomaly - Draenor
    T1: 12/12 - T2: 15/15 - T3: 9/9 - World #1 Arisen Arak
    "A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, itís not that good."

Because of the way Feline Reflexes works, it may be undesirable to use it. The way it works is it hits the initial target and then hits the next target 120 degrees behind the target. This happens every time Crystalline Lance hits. Because of this, you have to "skill shot" Crystalline Lance to get the most out of it. If you can consistently hit 4 targets, it's a gain.

Personally I prefer Ursine Tenacity, but it's up to the player.

Note: Your macros are correct, but you spell Crystalline wrong throughout the entire guide :P.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Because of the way Feline Reflexes works, it may be undesirable to use it. The way it works is it hits the initial target and then hits the next target 120 degrees behind the target. This happens every time Crystalline Lance hits. Because of this, you have to "skill shot" Crystalline Lance to get the most out of it. If you can consistently hit 4 targets, it's a gain.

Personally I prefer Ursine Tenacity, but it's up to the player.

Note: Your macros are correct, but you spell Crystalline wrong throughout the entire guide :P.
    Very solid point, I'll add that part in and give you credit.

D: English plz why you do dis! At least my macros spelled it right

EDIT: Updated that part, added a stat priority section and working on a K-Alert section.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-09-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Soulwalker

Orangu did you also have threat issues when playing dungeons? I am loosing mobs all over the place all the time. All people have aggro but me.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMidget View Post
    Orangu did you also have threat issues when playing dungeons? I am loosing mobs all over the place all the time. All people have aggro but me.
    it's a known issue. There's no reliable way to generate a lot of consistent AoE threat because Crystalline (yay spelled it right :P) Lance doesn't reliably hit multiple targets, icy cleave does horrible damage, and underworld shards has a CD. The people you are with have to simply give you a few seconds to generate threat because if they don't they will rip off you a few seconds into the pull. For now try pulling with Ancestral force, low stability, lifewalk/upheaval but be aware there's nothing you can really do about it.

Ideally they will buff reverberations a little, make crystalline lance hit more targets and more reliably, and change Earthquake to some form of pulsing dot on either the primalist or their target. so that we can confirm more damage more reliably in AoE
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-09-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMidget View Post
    Yes, Titan appears to have aoe aggro issues.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    it's a known issue. There's no reliable way to generate a lot of consistent AoE threat because Crystalline (yay spelled it right :P) Lance doesn't reliably hit multiple targets, icy cleave does horrible damage, and underworld shards has a CD. The people you are with have to simply give you a few seconds to generate threat because if they don't they will rip off you a few seconds into the pull. For now try pulling with Ancestral force, low stability, lifewalk/upheaval but be aware there's nothing you can really do about it.

Ideally they will buff reverberations a little, make crystalline lance hit more targets and more reliably, and change Earthquake to some form of pulsing dot on either the primalist or their target. so that we can confirm more damage more reliably in AoE
    Thanks for detailed answer!!!

Updated the guide with magelo link! I see a certain other guide has almost taken my build as well theirs is still a quick version, but it's easier to play so go there if you want less buttons to push but do ~25% less dps!

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Updated the guide with magelo link! I see a certain other guide has almost taken my build as well theirs is still a quick version, but it's easier to play so go there if you want less buttons to push but do ~25% less dps!
    Changing my guide to 8 Berserker was to avoid confusion so instead of two guides saying two specs, it in now two guides saying the same spec; with a one point difference.
    I did say it gave the same stats as 4 Breserker, 4 Tyhoon which it does you just failed to say that your spec loses 3% dex to instead increase your aoe damage, something that should be said in the guide.

As for No Witnesses it might be useful when tanking though it is not a requirement as a tank haven't had needed of it before.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Changing my guide to 8 Berserker was to avoid confusion so instead of two guides saying two specs, it in now two guides saying the same spec; with a one point difference.
    I did say it gave the same stats as 4 Breserker, 4 Tyhoon which it does you just failed to say that your spec loses 3% dex to instead increase your aoe damage, something that should be said in the guide.

As for No Witnesses it might be useful when tanking though it is not a requirement as a tank haven't had needed of it before.
    I failed to mention it because I value holding threat over 3% dex. It increases your single target and your aoe threat, something that is vastly superior to 3% dex currently since titan's "mitigation" is already very superior to every other tank in the game.

You also do not go 8 berserker for No Witnesses, that's just a side bonus. You go 8 berserker for the flexibility fo your 0 point soul since 8 berseker is no different than 4/4. You do however go at least 6 berserker for corpsefall, which is very strong right now.

I'm only being harsh towards you because your titan guide is spreading bad habits and is going to instill terrible play out of players looking for a "quick" tanking methoid when this spec was designed to not be quick nor easy.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-13-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

A small addition to your AOE macros and rotation which, for me at least, has resolved pretty much all AOE threat issues (I was able to hold agro against 3 Apo full T2 relic raiders with my 5600 endurance Primalist "125k HP")

:: Cunning Builder macro (must be in Fury) ::

#show Earthquake
    cast Earthquake
    cast Corpsefall
    cast Crystalline Lance
    cast Upheaval

:: Fury Builder macro (must be in Cunning) ::

#show Icy Cleave
    cast Low Stability
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Icy Cleave

* Low Stability is a Cunning Builder but I've put it in the Fury macro specifically because I want to either use it (range pulls) or skip it (melee pulls)

:: Morbid Slash macro ::
    (it's an ST macro but if u are specced into Ethereal Corruption then it's a useful AOE macro "since Crystalline Smash is oGCD" // unless you are a nerd and you wanna keep the shielding component as a tiny self CD, lol)

#show Crystalline Smash
    cast Crystalline Smash
    cast Morbid Slash

Here is the main idea:
    • If you are not in combat prestack Fury by casting Icy Cleaves in the air. Pretty much all your AOE is building Cunning, plus Corspefall needs you to be in Fury in order to work as an AE ability.
    • If you are already in combat, doing ST rotation and you have to pick up Adds that spawned, make sure you are pretty much around 60 fury at all times because you will need to be able to build cunning while picking adds.
    • Since you can't always control how deep into fury you will be when adds need to be picked up and held, I'm going to place the Cunning Builders in an order of preference and explain when and why you may skip some of them:
      Low Stability (*) > Crystalline Lance (*) > [Titan's Fury] [AOE Taunt] Earthquake > (!) Corpsefall > Upheaval
      • Low stability and Crystalline Lance are marked as (*) because you will only use them in this order if the adds that you are picking up are at range.
        Crystalline Lance goes second, in my opinion, because you want to hit adds, force them to run towards you and therefore cripple towards each other for Crystalline Lance to hit all of them.
        Remember if you have the mastery up that affects your Lance then you will have to hit the Lance when targeting the closest to you target of them all so that the 120 degrees cone behind this target can hit the rest of the adds.
      • The mark (!) before Corpsefall is meant as a reminder that you might have to do some "Fury Builders" as filler in order to return into Fury before you hit with Corpsefall.
      • "Titan's Fury" is placed before my hardest hitting AOE abilities
      • "AE Taunt" is placed right before "Earthquake" because Earthquake is a DOT. DoTs don't generate burst threat so I want to apply my first DoT when my targets are taunted and I don't risk losing them until the DoT starts ticking and building up my threat.
      • Also, due to the above I have placed "Upheaval" last even if it's the hardest hitting ability because of its stun component. I don't want stun to overlap with my AE taunts and a stun is not as reliable as a taunt so I placed the stun after the taunt. Feel Free to move it around.

note: I have Upheaval on a different button too cos maybe i want to use it out of macro for a forced stun.

Like everyone else, I'm new to Titan too but I hope that helps a bit. ^^

Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

Quote Originally Posted by YobiRaion View Post
    A small addition to your AOE macros and rotation which, for me at least, has resolved pretty much all AOE threat issues (I was able to hold agro against 3 Apo full T2 relic raiders with my 5600 endurance Primalist "125k HP")

:: Cunning Builder macro (must be in Fury) ::

#show Earthquake
    cast Earthquake
    cast Corpsefall
    cast Crystalline Lance
    cast Upheaval

:: Fury Builder macro (must be in Cunning) ::

#show Icy Cleave
    cast Low Stability
    cast Underworld Shards
    cast Icy Cleave

* Low Stability is a Cunning Builder but I've put it in the Fury macro specifically because I want to either use it (range pulls) or skip it (melee pulls)

:: Morbid Slash macro ::
    (it's an ST macro but if u are specced into Ethereal Corruption then it's a useful AOE macro "since Crystalline Smash is oGCD" // unless you are a nerd and you wanna keep the shielding component as a tiny self CD, lol)

#show Crystalline Smash
    cast Crystalline Smash
    cast Morbid Slash

Here is the main idea:
    • If you are not in combat prestack Fury by casting Icy Cleaves in the air. Pretty much all your AOE is building Cunning, plus Corspefall needs you to be in Fury in order to work as an AE ability.
    • If you are already in combat, doing ST rotation and you have to pick up Adds that spawned, make sure you are pretty much around 60 fury at all times because you will need to be able to build cunning while picking adds.
    • Since you can't always control how deep into fury you will be when adds need to be picked up and held, I'm going to place the Cunning Builders in an order of preference and explain when and why you may skip some of them:
      Low Stability (*) > Crystalline Lance (*) > [Titan's Fury] [AOE Taunt] Earthquake > (!) Corpsefall > Upheaval
      • Low stability and Crystalline Lance are marked as (*) because you will only use them in this order if the adds that you are picking up are at range.
        Crystalline Lance goes second, in my opinion, because you want to hit adds, force them to run towards you and therefore cripple towards each other for Crystalline Lance to hit all of them.
        Remember if you have the mastery up that affects your Lance then you will have to hit the Lance when targeting the closest to you target of them all so that the 120 degrees cone behind this target can hit the rest of the adds.
      • The mark (!) before Corpsefall is meant as a reminder that you might have to do some "Fury Builders" as filler in order to return into Fury before you hit with Corpsefall.
      • "Titan's Fury" is placed before my hardest hitting AOE abilities
      • "AE Taunt" is placed right before "Earthquake" because Earthquake is a DOT. DoTs don't generate burst threat so I want to apply my first DoT when my targets are taunted and I don't risk losing them until the DoT starts ticking and building up my threat.
      • Also, due to the above I have placed "Upheaval" last even if it's the hardest hitting ability because of its stun component. I don't want stun to overlap with my AE taunts and a stun is not as reliable as a taunt so I placed the stun after the taunt. Feel Free to move it around.

note: I have Upheaval on a different button too cos maybe i want to use it out of macro for a forced stun.

Like everyone else, I'm new to Titan too but I hope that helps a bit. ^^

I would always avoid macroing earthquake because on mobility fights it's placement could be key and by macroing it you lose all control on placement. I would also avoid macroing upheaval as it is a huge burst AoE threat cooldown and could be better used situationally instead of on cooldown, like when a trash mob spawns. I wouldn't macro low stability because now you eliminate control of your only threat option that is more than 20m in range.
    I like the concept you are going for, but titan is not meant to be played by using different sets of abilities while in cunning or fury (outside of corpsefall) because that runs the risk of delaying high threat cooldowns. If these macros are working for you personally by all means use them, but I will never endorse a playstyle of this spec that gives up control for ease of use.

Prestacking fury is fine to do for AoE pulls but not really needed, especially on one target pulls. If you have your buttons set up so you can control your focus bar, you will never have a need to prestack anything.

Good point about sitting in fury while anticipating AoE, I was unclear on that in my guide and will add it in.

For your rotation, there isn't a need to have a taunt unless it's over 6 targets. Upheaval would be much better to use exactly for it's stun component and even if it doesn't stun because of how much threat it generates. However if you are trying to keep things consistent between all your pulls then this is fine and I understand why you would recommend this.

I have currently been tanking experts in my DPS gear (with a few guard pieces) just fine.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I would always avoid macroing earthquake because on mobility fights it's placement could be key and by macroing it you lose all control on placement. I would also avoid macroing upheaval as it is a huge burst AoE threat cooldown and could be better used situationally instead of on cooldown, like when a trash mob spawns. I wouldn't macro low stability because now you eliminate control of your only threat option that is more than 20m in range.
    I like the concept you are going for, but titan is not meant to be played by using different sets of abilities while in cunning or fury (outside of corpsefall) because that runs the risk of delaying high threat cooldowns. If these macros are working for you personally by all means use them, but I will never endorse a playstyle of this spec that gives up control for ease of use.

Prestacking fury is fine to do for AoE pulls but not really needed, especially on one target pulls. If you have your buttons set up so you can control your focus bar, you will never have a need to prestack anything.

Good point about sitting in fury while anticipating AoE, I was unclear on that in my guide and will add it in.

For your rotation, there isn't a need to have a taunt unless it's over 6 targets. Upheaval would be much better to use exactly for it's stun component and even if it doesn't stun because of how much threat it generates. However if you are trying to keep things consistent between all your pulls then this is fine and I understand why you would recommend this.

I have currently been tanking experts in my DPS gear (with a few guard pieces) just fine.
    I'm always going for as little macro-ing as possible, it's the thing to do if you want to have 100% control.
    However, coming into a class that has a new/different play style (using balance between 2 sources) makes it easier to learn how things work and why they work this way by macroing at the start and after you become familiar with keeping your focus where you want it and know how much fury/cunning each ability will generate and be able to plan ahead - then you start micromanaging.

I know everyone who writes guides or even types anything on forums wants to look pro from the very fist moment (because many people jump in to judge), maybe you are, but honestly, at least for a player of my caliber it's no secret that I was spending more time thinking about my fury/cunning than micro-managing stuns or X ability that hits 1k harder on tooltip than Y ability.

Regarding Taunts, the way I see them is to secure threat when it is fragile.
    Threat is usually fragile when you first pick up adds, however, you have to anticipate that also the DPS that is swapping targets has build up time so the first 2 GCDs are usually safe enough.
    I put [AE Taunt] into [ ] exactly because it's not to stay on that position by default. Especially if you are already in melee and adds spawn nearby you could delay your taunt, however, i would still always keep my Earthquake after a taunt IF possible (due to it being a DoT) and I would always try to avoid taunting and using Upheaval next to each other cos you undermine their utility.
    Also, as I said you can use upheaval first, however, stuns are not reliable in raid environments because they can get clipped (less likely) or your targets can be immune to them (most likely).
    I don't spam taunts but I don't use them as "oh ****" buttons either. I play my CDs aggressively because from experience with world 1st kills it's better to MAYBE wipe late because you run out of CDs instead of wiping many times early because you are holding them for too long.
    For all the reasons mentioned above, I wouldn't hold onto my Upheaval or my Taunts. They are not charms you have to keep close to your heart.
    With that said, I actually have Upheaval on its own button next to my interrupt.
    So, in short, I wouldn't disagree if you wanted to remove upheaval from the macro.

Low Stability and Crystalline Lance could also go together on another button. I currently have Lance on its own button too. Having both together and managing them wouldn't be a terrible idea either.
    ..at least until you can swap between fury and cunning without losing any time due to lack of experience.

Last but not least, Primalist IS all about managing Fury and Cunning and using abilities on the right timing while in the right focus. idk why you would claim that it's not.

p.s. to avoid confusion. you are writing a decent guide here that's why i chose to post some ideas and opinions here and not elsewhere.

My main point is that AE threat that everyone is whining about might not be at lol-hammer Justicar level but it's not as bad as people claim it to be either.
    What is missing right now is 1.Gear (you cant generate the same threat with 5500 endurance as you would with 8k or 10k endurance) and 2. lack of experience with how primalist fury/cunning works.

To try resolve the later I start with 2 macros that give you a clear picture of what you are trying to achieve.
    From then on you can take 3 additional steps of increasing micromanagement:
    -- Step 1 :: Remove Upheaval and put it on its own macro
    -- Step 2 :: Put Low Stability with Crystalline Lance on a separate macro
    -- Step 3 :: Put Corpsefall on its own keybind so you can use it both for ST and for AE depending on your focus and what you are trying to achieve (ST tanking or AE tanking)
    Architect of <Apotheosys> :: Progress & Achievements
    Raid & Guild Leader of (former):

<Exploit> : Ultane World 1st, Regulos World 2nd // <Rift Runners> Crucia World 3rd, Perfect Crucia World 1st, HK Conq W#3, Laethys/Maelforge W#7 // Member of <PTW> Akylios W#5th

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast