+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Deew's Preserver Guide

Default Deew's Preserver Guide

Preservers utilize the power of the Fae to provide healing and protection to their allies using stored energies to quickly provide powerful heals. In a party, the Preserver will keep Blossoms, shielding, and healing over time abilities on the Tank, also while being able to maintain protection on a small group of allies.

Build:

31 Preserver, 4 Vulcanist, 4 Dervish

Key Abilities:
    1. Nurture - Channel over time heal, applies Blossoms/Germinate/Resilient Growth to target. Grants 10 Cunning per tick.
    2. Cultivate - Heal over time, lasts 18 seconds, 4 second cooldown. Applies Germinate/Resilient Growth to target. Reduces cast time by .3 per Blossom on targets healed. Grants 10 Cunning
    3. Inundate - Large heal cast time heal, applies Germinate/Resilient Growth. Applies a shield per Blossom on targets healed. Grants 30 Fury
    4. Deluge - Large instant cast heal with 10 second cooldown, applies shield for amount of health healed by Deluge. Applies Germinate/Resilient Growth and 5 Blossoms to target. Grants 20% extra critical hit chance to next spell used. Grants 20 Fury.
    5. Estuary - Large instant cast chain-heal to 4 allies, reducing healing done by 10% per ally healed. Applies Resilient Growth to allies healed. 20 second cooldown. Grants 50 Fury.
    6. Serenity - GTAoE Heal over time, heals up to 5 party or raid members. Only one may be active at any time. 15 Second duration.

Noteworthy Mentions:
    1. Conservation - Healing an ally with 5 Blossoms will spread 20% of the overhealing to 5 allies.
    2. Efflorescence - Casting Deluge, Inundate, or Estuary increases healing done by 9%.

*Blossoms - Increases health of target by .5% and increases healing taken from the Preserver by 1% per Blossom.
    *Germinate - Reduces damage taken by 6% for 15 seconds.
    *Resilient Growth - Healing spells provide a HoT in Fury and a shield in Cunning.

Cooldowns:
    1. Essence Flow - Provides 3 instant cast Inundates which will heal for 100% more effectiveness, lasts 30 seconds, 45 second cooldown.
    2. Invigorate - Applies Invigorate to target, which reduces damage taken by 30% and heals ally for 25% of missing health per tick for 10 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
    3. Primal Avatar: Deer Spirit - Grants 100% critical hit chance for 12 seconds, and provides Cultivate to 10 of your party or raid members. Grant's full Cunning. 1 minute cooldown.

Utility:
    1. Emanate Life - Battle Rez. 5 minute cooldown.
    2. Cleanse - Single target spammable Cleanse
    3. Ablution - AoE Cleanse, 10 second cooldown.
    4. Restore - Fully Cleanse target and preserver, heal 1% of preserver max health for each debuff dispelled. 20 second cooldown.
    5. Bound - Leap forward 15 meters and remove all cc effects. Grants 20 Cunning. 20 second cooldown.
    6. Flash Flood - AoE damage up to 5 targets around enemy. Damaged enemies are knocked back. Grants 20 Fury. 20 second cooldown.
    7. Vine Whip - Single target damage ability. Snares enemy by 30% for 6 seconds. Grants 30 Cunning. 10 second cooldown.
    8. Naturalize - Channel over time damage ability. Grants Cunning per tick.

Buffs:

Font of Vitality - When you critically hit with an ability, the cast time of your next ability is reduced by 0.5 seconds.

Masteries:

Level 61
    Exhileration - Increases range of non-melee damage abilities by 5m.

Level 62
    Forest Matron - Increases your healing done and absorption done by 5%.

Level 63
    Ursine Tenacity - Allows Nurture and Naturalize to be channeled while moving.
    Leoine Ferocity - Turns battle rez into 100% health Restored and 30% less damage taken for 5 seconds

Level 64
    Ethereal Meditation - Doubles the amount of ticks Cultivate will do during its duration.

Level 65

Nature's Blessing - Restores health to up to 3 allies with the buff. Good for experts and some raid fights.
    Ancestral Force - Restores health to ally equal to 50% of caster's maximum health. Good for PVP and tank healing in raids.

The Theory:
    1. Apply and maintain Blossoms on your target with Nurture or Deluge.
    2. Use Nurture and Cultivate to supply the steady healing while using Inundate to provide the burst healing and shielding to your Blossom target.
    3. Maintain Efflorescence buff.
    4. Font of Vitality and applying Cultivate on your target with 5 Blossoms will provide cast time reduction for Inundate.
    5. AoE healing is provided to your group by Conservation, Serenity, and Estuary.
    6. Save Essence Flow for when it is needed to provide powerful Inundates to your target.
    7. Use Primal Avatar: Deer Spirit to guarantee critical hits for the next 12 seconds, as well as granting Cultivate to 10 of your allies.
    8. Invigorate will protect an ally for a short amount of time allowing you time to recover.

Basic Rotation:

Nurture > Cultivate > Inundate.

5 stacks of Blossom
    V
    Cultivate
    V
    Deluge (If emergency heal is needed)
    V
    Inundate (If large heal is needed)
    V
    Nurture (If tank needs healing)
    V
    Serenity
    V
    Estuary (If party needs healing)
    V
    Nurture
    V
    Vine Whip (If no healing is needed)
    V
    Naturalize (If no healing is needed)

Nurture will provide the Blossoms/Germinate/Resilient Growth on your target and steady HPS. Casting Cultivate will reduce the cast time of your Inundate, and any critical hits will proc Font of Vitality on you. The combination of these two will make that Inundate instant cast, allowing you to quickly spike the tank back up in health.

The goal of the rotation is to maintain Blossoms and Cultivate on both tanks, and be ready to use a quick Inundate. You will want to save Deluge to quickly apply 5 Blossoms to a target, or as an emergency heal to an ally.

Two of our lengthy cooldowns can be used both as strong tank heals, or as decent aoe healing for a small group of players in a dungeon. Due to Conservation, you will splash 20% of overhealing on a target with Blossoms onto 5 of your allies. With this in mind Essence Flow Inundates on a single target will not only heal that target considerably, but also your allies nearby them. Likewise, pairing Primal Avatar with Estuary will provide a decent amount of AoE healing to allies.

A traditional Stopcasting macro is helpful for when you want to stop a Nurture on one target to begin a Nurture on another target. Other methods would be to apply Cultivate to clip a Nurture channel. Many ways to do it, results may vary.

Alternative Rotation:

Coming soon!

Macros:

Spoiler!

Karuul Alerts:
    Spoiler!

Talents Progressoin Path:

This will help you to know where to put points in as you level. I left out the off-souls from this list, as you will be putting points into Dervish and Vulcanist as you can into their Weapon dps/AP increase talents.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Deeew; 10-25-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Will fix format later!!

Use the Primordial Strength (level 61 Mastery) and Ursine Tenacity (level 63 Mastery).

For buffs I would suggest Font of Savagery over Font of Vitality, due to how useless Inundate is.

Looking at the rotation you should instead spam Nurture and keep Deluge on cooldown.

When you cast Cultivate to refresh the Hot on the tank, with active cast Font of Vitality, use Inundate right after.
    If Font of Savagery is active don't use Inundate after Cultivate.

Other wise only use Inundate with Essence Flow.

When the tank takes heavy damage use Essence Flow and then cast 3 Inundates, or Invigoratem, or channel Ancestral Force on them. Not all at the same time though.

For aoe healing use Estuary as a quick heal, you can use Cultivate on every one before the damage hits or just use Primal Avatar: Deer Spirit.

The better thing to do is use the Nature's Blessing Mastery and just spam Nurture on the tank for aoe healing and only use Primal Avatar: Deer Spirit when it's heavy aoe damage.

I don't recommend using Serenity at all, as the hot it tiny and not worth the global cooldown.

Use Restore only on the tank, if will also apply it cleanse to you too.

For your macros if you have cast @mouseoverui <spell name> you don't need the cast @self <spell name> or cast <spell name>.

If you plan to deal damage while healing i suggest you make these macro below so you don't need to swap targets, so you can just stay on the tank.

#show Nurture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targettarget Nurture

#show Flash Flood
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targettarget Flash Flood

#show Vine Whip
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targettarget Vine Whip
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-07-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    cast Ablution
    cast gesundheit

No mention of nature's blessing? Might as well add it as a side-option for dungeons or small group content. Since ancestral force takes 1 second before it actually heals, it's not a very reliable CD when compared to a normal healing combo. during big damage you should already have an instant cast inundate proc saved so you would use inundate>cultivate>deluge>inundate which would do more healing through shielding and use of nature's blessing than a full channeled ancestral force and ideally if you get a full instant cast inundate at the end, would also take 3 seconds to do. even an inundate>cultivate>inundate combo with nature's blessing would do more healing (shielding as well) than a full channel ancestral force, which means the only useful time to use it really is when cultivate is on CD. Personal flavor I guess, but ancestral is just so unreliable since it does no instant healing in my eyes.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Telaran

I know Preserver is supposed to be single target, but isn't Estuary (and Serenity, too) crazy weak? I've managed to heal most experts as Preserver so far (875 hit 7k AP), but holy damn some of these boss fights with actual AoE get scary. Regular random group damage is totally fine.

I'm using Nature's Blessing on three members, and then Serenity + Estuary + Cultivate from Primal Avatar going and short of dropping Inundates into them individually the group HP just isn't going up reliably enough (tank HP goes down real fast then). The splash heals from Conservation is pretty awesome, but dropping Inundates into my tank isn't doing the trick either.

As said, I might just be too undergeared for this soul to work on its own in all cases right now.

Oh mighty Deewness, teach the Grughar.
    Grughur Grughar Grughir
    <Nephilim> @Greybriar 3/4 HM CoA

Quote Originally Posted by Grughar View Post
    I know Preserver is supposed to be single target, but isn't Estuary (and Serenity, too) crazy weak? I've managed to heal most experts as Preserver so far (875 hit 7k AP), but holy damn some of these boss fights with actual AoE get scary. Regular random group damage is totally fine.

I'm using Nature's Blessing on three members, and then Serenity + Estuary + Cultivate from Primal Avatar going and short of dropping Inundates into them individually the group HP just isn't going up reliably enough (tank HP goes down real fast then). The splash heals from Conservation is pretty awesome, but dropping Inundates into my tank isn't doing the trick either.

As said, I might just be too undergeared for this soul to work on its own in all cases right now.

Yeah its a ST healer with the capability of providing splash AoE healing.

Conservation is your main AoE heal generator, it requires you to be pretty close to the person you are healing off of. Combining Essence Flow + Inundate + Conservation can handle most burst AoE damage. Estuary is semi weak, will prolly be boosted later, but it is your cooldown AoE heal. As you said, deer antlers providing Cultivate to the party does help, however the 100% crit chance helps more by allowing you to spam inundates 1.5 sec cast time and therefor, providing large Conservation heals.

Stress to the party that you must stay close to the tank, or to whoever u are going to utilize for Conservation heals, as that is their best chance of staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    No mention of nature's blessing? Might as well add it as a side-option for dungeons or small group content. Since ancestral force takes 1 second before it actually heals, it's not a very reliable CD when compared to a normal healing combo. during big damage you should already have an instant cast inundate proc saved so you would use inundate>cultivate>deluge>inundate which would do more healing through shielding and use of nature's blessing than a full channeled ancestral force and ideally if you get a full instant cast inundate at the end, would also take 3 seconds to do. even an inundate>cultivate>inundate combo with nature's blessing would do more healing (shielding as well) than a full channel ancestral force, which means the only useful time to use it really is when cultivate is on CD. Personal flavor I guess, but ancestral is just so unreliable since it does no instant healing in my eyes.
    Ancestral is more for PVP and for raids, while nature's blessing is more for group play. I will add more detail to Nature's Blessing to the guide, good point. At the point of me making this guide, Nature's Blessing was only intended to proc from damage abilities, then was quickly re-worked to act like Divine Favor, proccing from healing abilities. It is still relatively weak heals compared to Divine Favor, but acts the same. Useful on non-tank on party members in dungeons.

Ancestral can crit, and knowing this I often pair it up w/ Deer Antlers to guarantee first tick crit. This can be quite strong on the tank in moments of tank damage as a last-resort type effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Ancestral is more for PVP and for raids, while nature's blessing is more for group play. I will add more detail to Nature's Blessing to the guide, good point. At the point of me making this guide, Nature's Blessing was only intended to proc from damage abilities, then was quickly re-worked to act like Divine Favor, proccing from healing abilities. It is still relatively weak heals compared to Divine Favor, but acts the same. Useful on non-tank on party members in dungeons.

Ancestral can crit, and knowing this I often pair it up w/ Deer Antlers to guarantee first tick crit. This can be quite strong on the tank in moments of tank damage as a last-resort type effort.
    ah this makes more sense then, cool beans.

Ya I've just been assuming ancestral critting was an oversight and will get changed soon is why I wrote as if it could never crit xD

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Touched

Default Kalert display messed up

Any idea why the kalert icons for this spec are messed up? For instance, the one shown for Serenity in the kalert dialog is the correct one, but what shows on the active display is some kind of cog/gadget on a green background. Deluge's icon is backwards. The primal avatar sigil is a more stylized deer...

Soulwalker

You can also use a stopcasting macro with Nurture. I've been using it and it works great for target switching when you just want to quick refresh Blossom stacks or during fairly light healing moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Advea View Post
    You can also use a stopcasting macro with Nurture. I've been using it and it works great for target switching when you just want to quick refresh Blossom stacks or during fairly light healing moments.
    Yeah thats something I have setup for myself for that very reason. I should prolly add that to the guide. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Advea View Post
    I just have a stopcasting macro by itself, I found it caused undesireable results when macroed with nuture.
    Last edited by Orangu; 10-11-2015 at 12:50 AM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Any idea why the kalert icons for this spec are messed up? For instance, the one shown for Serenity in the kalert dialog is the correct one, but what shows on the active display is some kind of cog/gadget on a green background. Deluge's icon is backwards. The primal avatar sigil is a more stylized deer...
    The icons are messed up because I created this kalert set on PTS prior to them changing the icons. I will get around to updating the set w/ new icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grughar View Post

Agree. Serenity could use a slight buff..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast