+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 61 Pyromancer, one button to rule them all

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbayte View Post
    I see Legendary Neddra's Grasp and Life Leech in the parses, but not in the macros or the rotation explanations. Please help me understand what I am missing.

Thanks,
    Wolf
    Neddra's and Life Leech are both applied by Dark Touch, due to the masteries.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default Missing something

I have tried this build 2 to 3 times and with eternal and T2 gear I can only get about 350k on raid mobs. What could I be missing by using the spam macro on this thread?

Also what parser is everyone using?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaiiena View Post
    I have tried this build 2 to 3 times and with eternal and T2 gear I can only get about 350k on raid mobs. What could I be missing by using the spam macro on this thread?

Also what parser is everyone using?
    You forgot to select some or all your legendary points.

(The more info you give, the more we can help. Otherwise it's a long back and forth of wild guesses)

72 Dummy in a dimension is relyable.
    Addon: RiftMeter and RiftMeter2
    https://www.curseforge.com/rift/addo...meter/download

Best you hop on HoT for personal troubleshooting
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...y-discord.html
    Last edited by Shas; 09-07-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Soulwalker

Default Setup for Mae

I could only muster 480k

Layout:
    61 Pyromancer, one button to rule them all-2020-09-08_184105.jpg

Macro
    #show Cinder Burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast Cinder Burst
    cast Countdown
    cast Inferno
    cast Fusillade
    cast Fireball
    cast Fulminate
    cast Searing Bolt
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Dark Touch
    cast Heat Wave

#show Fire Storm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Fire Storm
    cast Fire Storm

#show Dark Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cancelbuff Heat Wave
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast [notactive] Contaminate
    cast Dark Touch

1) Looks like you don't have Pyromancer's Armor active.

Apply Pyromancer's Armor from your Pyromancer Buffs (Warlock Armor overwrites it)
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1...ncer%27s-Armor

2) You will see 5 Stacks of Legendary Neddra's Grasp on the target after using Dark touch. they will explode one after another for extra damage. Use Dark Touch when the 5 damaging stacks are used up (will happen before the 15 sec dot uptime is over)

3) Use [notactive] Contaminate for Fire Storm. It is the one big Pyro dot worth buffing the +20%

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    3) Use [notactive] Contaminate for Fire Storm. It is the one big Pyro dot worth buffing the +20%
    I don't think Contaminate works for Fire Storm, I did a short dummy test and notice that Fire Storm(and Neddra's Grasp) does not consume charge when Contaminate is active but Dark Touch and Life Leech do.

And their numbers on meter are also no significant difference.(1=without Contaminate, 2=with Contaminate active)

61 Pyromancer, one button to rule them all-2020-09-10_123740.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eilicy View Post
    I don't think
    Guess it's been too long since i touched Pyro/ mage.
    I took a situational button for reference.

Amazing find thanks so much for pointing out!
    Last edited by Shas; 09-09-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Soulwalker

Default I dont even see how the macro would work

that macro will never make it past fireball because there is no CD on fireball. Unless your moving and it will skip past fireball then there is no use for heatwave because even with heatwave you cant move and cast fireball. If I am wrong please explain how I noticed a lot of posted macros look this way to me so it would seem I don't understand the macro system or there is a lot of outdated macros online.

Quote Originally Posted by theobvious View Post
    that macro will never make it past fireball because there is no CD on fireball. Unless your moving and it will skip past fireball then there is no use for heatwave because even with heatwave you cant move and cast fireball. If I am wrong please explain how I noticed a lot of posted macros look this way to me so it would seem I don't understand the macro system or there is a lot of outdated macros online.
    You just described it yourself
    Everything below Fireball is inferior unless on the move.

With Heatwave&moving. 1button Pyro obviously is not the most effective way to play. Whilre rarely moving more than 3sec a a time during fights, it's fine to use buffs like this if going for easymode anyway.

However a special case with heat wave and Fussilade: Fire Ball gets a 5s dot when HW&Fussilade are on cd and inactive.
    You use both to have them on cooldown first and for their output granted second.
    Playing pyro optimally even cancelbuffs HW halfway through the uptime just to get the FB dot back (which makes targets take more Cinder dmg)

-> See tooltips of Fireball&Cinder Burst.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-24-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Soulwalker

For people who don't use macros, your non-fireball GCD priority order is keeping up LNG stacks if they work, keeping up accelerant or CB proc, LFS, fusillade (full cast with IC), FB, fulminate (with IC), SB, FV. I cast fireball every other GCD unless two things above fusillade are needed so that everything is eternal'd. Your eternal priority is LNG, LEF, LFS, fusillade(maybe?), all else. Open with precasted fireball>FB>LEF>DT>countdown>fireball>CB proc (if yes) or LFS.

Reliq whenever really, heatwave sometime in the opener or just before. I burst up to 2M with full raid buffs.

No dummy parse cause I suck at those, check prancingturtle for my raid parses. Close to BiS gear and frags, ~68.5k sp 8.4k cp.
    Last edited by Uncle Crimbo; 10-17-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Jeah that's basically the 'neglecteroni' style but so far (over a year) nobody questioned if a onebutton really is the ideal practise lol.

Idealy you go a step further and

prebuff heat wave - hardcast cinder - hardcast fireball (vapor rush)- lef - dt - count -(blast if fancy)- fs - fireball (hw runs out or cancel) internalized (cinder) - lef- fussi-
    now play it like an archon
    Fireball for 3x weapon
    then either
    - Lef dt
    - Lef Cinder
    - Lef Firestorm
    - Lef Countdown
    - Lef Blast

start the block again with a fb every 3-4 gcd's, don't overwrite good lef with bad ones.
    Gg

if it's fireball - lef cinder - cinder - fireball, keep it like that and get the eternal for cinder and overcap on charge rather than squeezing another lef that effectively adds 1 tick due to overwriting. Alot of people get baited into "charge dumping" there.
    Note that dt popps lef x3, Fireball with dot x2
    If it's Fireball - lef - dt - lef - cinder (x) - fireball , do it like that with the squeezed lef. Dt will popp 3 lef and not consume an eternal stack.

Heatwave fireball cinder spam sounds nice, but you basically only get 1lef (ca 400k) per gcd due to no fb dot. So 1.5sec fb + 2x lef > 1sec fb + 1lef. Itiswhatitis.

And: lingering torment works anyway, it's having targets not/slowly popping neddras that makes any serious mage build take undeserved losses on Silgen, Azranel&friends.

Btw on Vindicator, manually place your firestorm on the edge so adds don't have firestorm-spread countdowns waste your Lef on aoe.
    Also, like Harbinger, use your arcane manipulation on a target (with dt for example) not @self or you lose parts/all on worthless adds.

happy blasting

Soulwalker

The more sweaty way with Arcane manip is to precast LEF (take omnox off), IC, and AM like several secs in advance as well. And summon your lesser elemental.

I'm also pretty sure fireball also uses 3 stacks since it has bolt, Dot, LL refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Crimbo View Post
    The more sweaty way with Arcane manip is to precast LEF (take omnox off), IC, and AM like several secs in advance as well. And summon your lesser elemental.
    Getting caught in a unanounced pull with your trinket unequipped is not worth the 10k ticks. Also, i think ending an encounter with Lef min hit 10k looks incredibly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Crimbo View Post
    I'm also pretty sure fireball also uses 3 stacks since it has bolt, Dot, LL refresh.
    Lingering pain from Primary bolts would be new. Legendary Life leech should popp it, but not used on the bis Pyro.
    Neddra's Grasp and autohits also do popp it, which however only add to chaos and promote spam rather than being relyable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3