+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NECRO Builds ?

Soulwalker

Question NECRO Builds ?

Hi guys , came back after 2 years , found out system changed my Necro build , so am searching for 2019 Necro builds . Thank you all !

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Satrap View Post
    Hi guys , came back after 2 years , found out system changed my Necro build , so am searching for 2019 Necro builds . Thank you all !
    Basically, the level content is so easy that almost all soul combinations work. Assembling and experimenting with specs yourself is the great strength of Rift and is the most fun, so if you're not in a hurry, experiment a little bit with different soul combinations and read through the tooltips.

In the past Necro was ok for leveling but with the later added souls like Harbinger, Mystic Archer and the changes to the Pyromancer which scale better in low level content Nekro is no longer recommended in my eyes except for nostalgic reasons.

With the more efficient soul combinations in the links below you save a lot of time because you do more damage and heal yourself at the same time. Up to level 50 the Mystic Archer seems to be the best choice and from level 65-70 the Harbinger seems to be the best choice for leveling. However, these two souls are not absolutely necessary.

Here are some useful links for mages who show the most useful specs:
    Kugelschreibers Mystic Archer Guide Level 1-50
    Burninalways Harbinger Guide Level 1-65
    Burninalways Pyro Guide Level 1-60
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 50
    Scourge Mage Builds for PvE with Level 60
    Harbinger Level 65-70
    Harbinger Level 65-70 (2 Button Spec spec for the lazy players)
    Mage Builds for PvE with Level 70
    Most played specs in raids
    DPS and HPS Ranking with Level 70

Telaran

Necro is nice for leveling, especially if you lack the gear when entering 65+ content. The tank pet can take quiet a beating, allowing you to easily do all single content.

With the 61 legendary talent giving you a flat 60% damage increase, there is no other option but to put 61 points into Necro. Another 11 points into Ele for the pet damage increase helps a lot. And I figured that 4 points into FK for the absorb shield for your tanking pet is rather nice for questing, as you barely have to heal it.

This will not even come close to the top DPS specs, but you should be able to get to 70 easily.

Rift Disciple

Default 61nec/11wl/4ele

<updated>
    Here is the build and dummy test: https://youtu.be/J7ZoBxF48nU
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...BlaGay/hf|PLP0
    800k+ dps. Looks good for support. Requires Eternal Weapon with 20k+ damage.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-25-2021 at 08:35 PM.

thanks for the youtube video. would you mind sharing the build? macro, legendaries, points, and masteries. thanks!

Rift Disciple

OK. I finally made some improvements.

My spam macro (which you probably can try to improve):
    #show Plague Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empty the Crypts
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast Desecrate
    cast Parasite
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Plague Bolt

Opening:
    Cast "Mass Grave" 3sec before pull if tank counts down.
    Use Empty the Crypts + Putrify, Essence Link, Dark Touch and single Plague bolt as opener.

upd:
    Opening macro (you can remove Mass Grave or add Exhume before it if you dont care about extra Exhume):
    #show Putrify
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Mass Grave
    cast Empty the Crypts
    cast Putrify
    cast Plague Bolt

Spam it until you cast 1 Plague Bolt, apply Dark Touch and Essence Link.

Notes:
    Use Condemn->Putrify combined exactly in this order. You shoud track Desecrate and avoid failing it this way. If it is nearly off cooldown, spam macro is your priority until desecrate procs.
    You can apply "Lingering Torment" via "Dark Touch"

upd2: removed Reaper's Touch from macro
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 08-12-2020 at 04:13 PM.

thank you very much, i'll be trying these out later this evening. sincerely appreciate...it's nice to have variety!

Plane Touched

Oh nice, thanks for this. I'm 2 steps from that 20k proc.

Elemental forces is nice, it ensures your bolts and dots get the buff the weapon provides, x4.

Where are your legendaries?

Plane Touched

Personally i'm running 15 elementalist, don't have the 20k Eternal yet, working on that.

i'm using Legendary Galvanic from Arb for the 25% extra damage uptime.
    While I see your reason behind using Desecrate, why sacrifice the extra crit and all that pet damage? Or is it to so you can have desecrate in the spam?

Rekvosh@faeblight

I'd like to compare notes if you have time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    Why sacrifice the extra crit and all that pet damage? Or is it to so you can have desecrate in the spam?
    You can Desecrate in the spam just by using Legendary Desecrate, but Legendary Neddra's Grasp combined with Healing Expertise mastery and Legendary Elemental Forces is just too good and easy at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    why sacrifice the extra crit and all that pet damage?
    11 Wl is >30% damage bonus just by single contaminated Dark Touch cast and it helps you with maintaining full LGS. I'm doing ~650 with 13wl/2arb which is 25% less than LEF build.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 08-22-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

This spec have really low scaling in raid.
    -30% pure LEF damage will not scale
    -10% Desecrate damage and ~50% of it is also pure
    -I don't think that pet damage will scale in raid, but didn't tested it (it's more than 20% total damage)
    So raid burst will probably be completely wasted by this. But both LEF and pet will probably scale well with crit buffs.
    Last edited by ThreadSafe; 03-25-2021 at 08:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread