+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bamul
  • 1 Post By Shas

Thread: 42 Pyro/34 Ele - "Seat of Fire"

Champion of Telara

Default 42 Pyro/34 Ele - "Seat of Fire"

I've been doing some experimentation with mage hybrid specs. As a first result I can present a 42 Pyro/34 Ele hybrid with high single target and brutal passive cleave damage. The advantage over pure AoE Specs is that you do your ST rotation and produce the massive AoE damage as a by-product.
    Intensify Elements in combination with Heatwave provides a good burst damage.

Magelo:
    Legendaries:
    • Legendary Crystalline Missiles (Ele)
    • Legendary Elemental Forces (Ele)
    • Legendary Firestorm (Pyro)
    • Legendary Internalize Charge (Pyro)
    • Legendary Galvanic Strike (Arbiter)

Buffs:
    • Pyromancer's Armor (Pyro)
    • Synergize (Ele)
    • Aqueous Blessing (Arb)

Pet:
    • Air Elemental with Fast Summon

Macros:
    Spoiler!

Prepull:
    • Air Elemental (Pet) if not up
    • check your buffs (Pyromancer's Armor, Synergize, Aqueous Blessing)
    • Internalize Charge
    • Arcane Manipulation
    • optional - Elemental Forces (if you use the omnox trinket switch it off before so it doesn't get triggered and after Elemental Forces equip it back again)

Opening:
    • Galvanic Strike (with 100 % charge) > Ignite > Countdown > Crystalline Missiles > Intensify Elements > Elemental Forces > Firestorm > Burning Ground (for pure ST damage you can skip BG) > Heat Wave Macro until the heatwave is over
    • if a cinder burst proc icon appears during the opening use cinder burst always with highest priority

Rotation:
    • use the Spam Macro
    • if a Cinder Burst proc icon appears use Cinder Burst always with highest priority
    • renew Ignite when it expires
    • renew Galvanic Strike when it expires but only with 100 % charge (after a Cinder Burst you usually have 100% charge which is the optimal time to renew, you can use the proc macro to build charge)
    • renew Firestorm every 30 seconds make sure Countdown is on your target - Countdown renews itself on adds automatically every 8 seconds (for Firestorm you can use my Addon)
    • renew Firestorm and Burning Ground always with an eternal weapon stack
    • use Heat Wave when available, your Fireballs benefit from the shortened casting time, the goal is to use as many Fireballs and Cinder Burst Proc's as possible during the Heat Wave
    • try to use Intensify Elements and Heat Wave together

Breakdown single target and passive cleave from the maximium peak:

my Equip
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-09-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Plane Walker

Seems like st takes a hit? At least for me, I'm hitting 850k st with this, and around 2.2 to 2.5m aoe. Granted I am not geared as you, but for comparison I do around 1.2m st with 58 ele. I'm guessing this spec sacrifices some st for a lot more aoe? Or I am just bad at playing it.

Also tested, Ravenous Flames vs Improved Flame Bolt and I see a very slight increase? Unless I got better rng.

Also two, Chain Reaction might increase aoe dps.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

The whole idea was to get rid of Fire Storm and now there is even more of it.

Credits to sharp who questioned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    Has anyone tried 2 mystic archer (flowing energies) rather than 2 warlock? In theory, MA would give 4% to almost the entire parse. Most parses I see have life leach as 2-3% of dps. So at best, the MA build would be only 1-2% higher.

Chain Reaction only does something when you utilise Countdown cd<timer and thus spam it on cd.

Main idea is to have the pyro hits with the dmg/ Critpower (15%) from Ele + controlled 50%bonus with Heatwave (used while cycle of fire comes up) + instant 1sec gcd Internalized Charge Burning Ground. If you want to max st, you focus more on Fireball and LEF.

Quite compareable to 60/65 Stormcaller.

May go one out of Synergize into Planar Expansion, with the Cinder charge those charge ticks are neglectable.

-> ? https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../gCw/ekg8|_LPw
    Last edited by Shas; 06-18-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The whole idea was to get rid of Fire Storm and now there is even more of it.
    Yes, unfortunately all the current Raid specs are too dependent on Firestorm. Warlock and Harbinger are lagging too far behind without the ability to use Legendary Elemental Forces properly. This is the curse of the Eternal Weapon that limits us too much to specs with Legendary Elemental Forces and Firestorm.

Ohlook no Fire Storm, no oom, such wow

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../G5E/ekg8|_LPw

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Ohlook no Fire Storm, no oom, such wow

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#.../G5E/ekg8|_LPw
    Legendary Searing Vitality has a nice tooltip but in reality it is one of the worst 0 points legendarys.
    The fights are usually over before you have no mana left otherwise just mana potions or ask the Archon (not me^^) if he can handle a global cooldown dmg loss and gives mana to you

Shadowlander

Might aswell go 44 Pyro/32 Ele/0 Arbiter and take Legendary Flame Volley and cast it on last second of Intensify Elements. Adds both ST and AoE dmg. Alternatively 42 Pyro/30 Warlock/4 Ele for crazy charge gain?
    Last edited by loqque; 06-18-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Mage

Quote Originally Posted by loqque View Post
    Alternatively 42 Pyro/30 Warlock/4 Ele for crazy charge gain?
    Literaly was on the table aswell. Only that many mages/ time to test stuff ^^not me.
    + 65% + dmg on fire Storm

Whats interesting is how much LEF works into Opportunity.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...54Fa/h8ic|_LPw

Opportunity + Burning Ground

while we are here. there is this guild 'silver artifact' pvp ability granting crit for a pvp kill and sacrifice pet counts as pvpv kill. Any experience?
    Last edited by Shas; 06-18-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Shadowlander

is going 40pyro/36ele/0arb an option? You can enforce fire cycle every time with tick or VE just before Heatwave, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Just considering things while not busy at work.

Edit: Sitting on dummy now. Im not really well geared (t1/eoa + last eternal), but initial tries give me just above 1m with 40/36/0 (for comparison that's what i'm parsing on dummy with 61 harb without using storm shroud). 44/32/0 with flame volley seems to be around 950k.
    Last edited by loqque; 06-19-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Mage

Plane Walker

I have no idea what the hell I did, it's not the best, please don't hate me but I made a spec that does 3m aoe and 900kish. I would have done a longer parse but I ran out of mana.

Spec
    AOEParse
    ST

PS. I should get a chon to be my mana ***** when parsing.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 06-19-2019 at 01:36 PM.

not into the raiding/build testing, but I understand some builds rely more heavily on the stage of your eternal weapon than others...

So.. for comparison, might wanna post stage of eternal, CP and SP stats alongside, so people know what they are actually comparing their parses with....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    not into the raiding/build testing, but I understand some builds rely more heavily on the stage of your eternal weapon than others...

So.. for comparison, might wanna post stage of eternal, CP and SP stats alongside, so people know what they are actually comparing their parses with....
    Considering ele is being using, it's assumed you'd have at least the second last stage of the eternal since it's just dumb to use ele without the last two stages (At least for my spec/prase). You don't need to post gear/stats if you see the persons parse. It's pretty easy to tell the persons gear from their dps numbers. What you can ask is if its on a dummy or in a real fight. But to make you happy I'll post my stats.

That's ethereal helm and energized stick and qf seal.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 06-19-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Soulwalker

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    I have no idea what the hell I did, it's not the best, please don't hate me but I made a spec that does 3m aoe and 900kish. I would have done a longer parse but I ran out of mana.

Spec
    AOEParse
    ST

PS. I should get a chon to be my mana ***** when parsing.
    Could you post the macro or macros on this build. I need a nice aoe for invasions in ptws that I want to solo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpumpkin View Post
    Could you post the macro or macros on this build. I need a nice aoe for invasions in ptws that I want to solo.

Thanks
    Just use the setup from the original guide

For casual use: Main aoe comes from Fire Storm, Count Down and Elemental Forces.
    Planar Attunement Vampiric Essence on your wep should cover the healing.

If you don't have Arbiter: use 0Dominator and Legendary Neural Prod for Fire Storm.
    Last edited by Shas; 12-25-2020 at 07:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread