+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hybrid Chloro/FK - "Turret Chloro" for Max Throughput

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    The "nonsense VS proc" was given to mages so that they'd have something other than Withering Vines to cast when running... (comes from back when bosses had mechanics).
    Sure, but the proc is not functional because there's no reliable way to make sure procs are available for movement other than to stop casting vile spores. Hence the name in the thread title, this spec takes us back to a time when chloros were just turreting vile spores. Remember when there was no corrosive spores, and no boon of life stacks? Yet chloros were still great healers
    Last edited by drsharp; 06-20-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    DragonflySeksParade@Wolfsbane
    Multipass@Wolfsbane
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Having certain people like archont or melees ignore the missile barrage and heal them through is the new meta btw. The op's build is meta af.
    Last edited by Shas; 06-20-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Having certain people like archont or melees ignore the missile barrage and heal them through is the new meta btw. The op's build is meta af.
    I'm willing to donate mana for that

Plane Touched

Added some notes about Barriers and how they work with Eternal and natural awareness. Also added Bloom to the list of mobile heal abilities thanks to an old rogue who's more attentive than me when accounting for mobile abilities
    Multipass@Wolfsbane
    Proudly formerly a part of guilds such as Order of Shadow, Virus, & Blackout. And have met a lot of fun, great players along the way

Plane Touched

Azranel in 54 chloro. I'm at around 70k SP self buffed only (no consumables) in that spec. I did do some MS derping that boosted the meter and 2nd healer was dead for final 10% of fight, so not a great encounter for comparison, but a good one to show what the spec is capable of.
    Multipass@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Some clueless Axelnorris@Deepwood telling me my spec is crap lmao. Not even a main mage.

Anyway, another parse to post. We didn't have any major derps on this azranel run, just the ridiculous lag as of recent causing some extra damage taken and 2 deaths.

600k on azranel, 54chloro

Twitch highlight of same parse showing this horrible spec and horrible player! With 70k SP. Just want to emphasize that I'm running, a couple of T1 overlord pieces, CP lessers in lieu of greaters, a TDnm cleric cape (lol), and not a single T2 overlord piece. I have no doubt in the right situation with better gear I could see 700k+hps
    Last edited by drsharp; 08-07-2019 at 05:02 AM.
    Multipass@Wolfsbane

Jeah there are always those people. Don't mind it.

thanks for the updates!

-> I think your achont is broken. Have you tried to turn it off and on again?
    -> Does Telluric Burst on bad runners help or is it too slow ?
    -> Putting 2 points into Harmony should be the ultimate ''bad runner saver''
    -> Keeping Entropic Veil active on 8+ stacks should help alot (and using Wild Growth with a charge pot)

->https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...8r9wFgQ/h|T_Xw
    With Earthern Renewal hot and missile ogcd primary bolt. Wyt

please add ohps and a unfoldet hps breakdown next time. tx
    Last edited by Shas; 08-07-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    please add ohps and a unfoldet hps breakdown next time. tx
    The 600k one got uploaded to prancing turtle too:

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

Looks like roughly 1.8Mhps overheal. Not sure what a 61 chloro would do on OH, but I suspect it'd be higher due to VS procs. I don't understand the new interest in OHPS that I've heard alot of people talking about. If I iwanted to epeens OHPS I'd just put WG & L. Bloom in spam macro.

Good idea for entropic. I often have this mental block to save charge for WG as a burst heal for a missile derping but the numbers would probably be higher with more entropic. The 650k parse had a lot of entropic at the end as solo healer.
    Last edited by drsharp; 08-07-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Multipass@Wolfsbane

Red face

A Beastmaster can pull 600k hps. but that's pretty much all the healing he can do. Hps is dynamic.
    People need a lot more love on Azranel with lasers, 10s tacks and 2 missiles than on the pull.
    A 4.5m Chloro suggests alot more flexibility in burstheals when **** hits the fan. Also the good meta aoe healing specs are hot based and thus ohps delivers healing done.

Active Healing done varies ALOT. If you want maximum hps, run no oracle, no guard, no warrior eternal and let every barrage ignore the running. Healers in the healing done chart suggest theyr tickrates (Lib > Chloro > Bard) but the ohps delivers you with the very important information if the healer knows what he is doing.
    As isiel tank you can see directly that your 1mil hps Chanter will cause problems and adapt for that - or adapt your cd's to the 2.5mil chanter.
    Usualy it takes a quick look on the ohps chart to see if a healer forgot his synnegy crystal etcpp. -> you can spot weakpoints early and will less likely be surprised by it.

There is very little place for kung-fu-heals like Warden or Physican. The current focus is on having things up ''in case people take dmg'' and less of ''when people take dmg''.

Onebutton jumping 61 chloro runns c.a 3mil hps. It varies by the tanks and peoples 62 mastery tho.

Sure people may die when the 2mil Liberator only spams Deliverance but you can check that with one click.

Having a riftmeter window for ohps on default simply helps you to get an idea of the ''healing picture'' which is more important than your healer's gear.
    Last edited by Shas; 08-07-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I personally would even go so far that you should not only use the hps/ohps and the time intervals at which the healing takes place to assess the effectiveness of a healer spec but also look at how much damage it does or if the healer can take over other roles such as support or tank at the same time.

As an example for Azranel:
    A healer of +500 k dps makes the death of 1-2 players compensated by his dps alone. The dead players can be additionally buffed with Lava Field. The raid group with the dps healer in which 1-2 players died kills the boss faster than the raid group with the full healer with little damage where none dies. So the potentially worse dps healer is more effective than the "full-time" healer in this scenario. An Ele/Chloro or Chloro/Warlock/Ele (if you need a BR or group cleanse) is more efficient even if the healing is not as reliable as a "full-time" healer. Because most deaths (onehits or bad luck) could not have been prevented by more hps, in most cases a dps or tank or support healer has the advantage anyway.

Ultimately, it depends on the group composition and the boss which healer spec is most effective. For example, if I can save a tank by using a better heal spec, or if my party consists only of suicidal players, it's safer to play with a healing-optimized spec.

Good point.

Farseer with Squall (8pt dervish, 5% crit chance on target) has such a dramatic dps impact, you wouldn't believe it until you see it

so much that Tactbard with 20pt Assassin may even be a resonable option.

Hello i'm here to call for a new Bard-for-bos-meta
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...g/XkHiA1U|XLPg

Take it while it's still fresh.

(The idea came from Bardsman with Urgent Care healing EoA easily)
    Last edited by Shas; 08-08-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drsharp View Post
    Some clueless Axelnorris@Deepwood telling me my spec is crap lmao. Not even a main mage.

Anyway, another parse to post. We didn't have any major derps on this azranel run, just the ridiculous lag as of recent causing some extra damage taken and 2 deaths.

600k on azranel, 54chloro

Twitch highlight of same parse showing this horrible spec and horrible player! With 70k SP. Just want to emphasize that I'm running, a couple of T1 overlord pieces, CP lessers in lieu of greaters, a TDnm cleric cape (lol), and not a single T2 overlord piece. I have no doubt in the right situation with better gear I could see 700k+hps
    I can see myself derping there as a mystic hybrid

Here's my PoV from the same encounter :P

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463784827

Nice job btw!
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-08-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

If test goes well, new Mystic hybrid incoming.

I Always use spec like this one , 52 chloro, and it's better than chloro with the ST heal here and there to help running people with missiles. If i play with mage soon i'll try to parse it.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht , Zyggiha@Brutwacht, Ahiggyz@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2