+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer guide for a 65 looking to level to 70?

Soulwalker

Default Chloromancer guide for a 65 looking to level to 70?

I'm wanting to learn Chloro for my 65 mage - been away from the game for a while. Chloro seems to have been nerfed something awful and I can't seem to find any good guides for someone actually looking to learn how to be a good and reliable HEALER rather than just DPS, and with the veil nerfs it seems that it *also* nerfed heals a lot too since the more DPS you do, the more heals you pump out also...

Any experienced Chloros that have a good guide for someone who is currently under 70 and a guide for once they hit 70 also in 4.3 please? Any advice/tips/help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by pheonixheart; 12-03-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Not sure where you see chloro got nerfed... I don't think you read how veil works. Veil reduces NON-CHLORO damage. So hybridization was what was nerfed, not chloro healing output. The hotfix clearly stated a buff. This is still by far the best chloro guide even now. However, the spec you want is this. The legendaries you want are, Living Aegis, Healing Torrent, Bloom, Piercing Beam, and Rime. Arcane Manipulation can be swapped for Mending Repose for Void on the Council fight in TD. As Mending Repose aoe heals. All other chloro tips/tricks like toggling veil is still relevant. Chloros are still by far one of the strongest aoe healers in the game. Heck I was keeping up with a full warden as 61 chon, 14 chloro....

As far as being a good healer, that comes from knowing the fights. And anticipating when heaving damage is coming, and what you need to do in order to set up for it (pre-emptive healing) as well as what to do during it. Know what party members have low/high hp, know when to prioritize healing a dps over a tank and so on. This all comes from experience.

Theres 61 necro 15 chloro healing, 58 ele 16 chloro, 61 archon 15 chloro and a few other specs. If you're looking to raid heal you will more than likely be asked to chloro chon because up to T2, chloro chon can replace a full aoe healer. 58 ele 16 chloro supposedly does 61 chloro level healing.

There's also this if you want to see other mage specs
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 12-03-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by pheonixheart View Post
    and with the veil nerfs it seems that it *also* nerfed heals a lot too since the more DPS you do, the more heals you pump out also...

!
    this is a popular misconception, outgoing damage has NOTHING to do with chloro healing, healing is based on cast time and whether or not the ability is life based or not, as long as the target can be hit you can do 0 damage and still output the same amount of healing

+ Reply to Thread