cast Piercing Beam
    cast Elemental Barrage

Different kind of Proc:

suppressmacrofailures
    #show Elemental Rupture
    cast Arcane Bolt Storm
    cast Elemental Rupture

Rules:

1-) Always start fights with 10 Charges of Elemental Bolts."Summoning Quiver" will do the job.

2-) Use your buff macro at the start and every time your "Piercing Beam" buff goes off use buff macro again no matter how many elemental bolts you have. This will refresh your debuff("Elemental Barrage") on the boss and keep it's stacks at 10.

3-) Lets explain what is Different Kind of Proc:
    -After using your buff macro, you start using spam macro, once you have 4 charges of "Elemental Bolts" and you have "Arcane Bolt Storm" off cd = it is your proc time Unless your piercing beam buff is about to go off in 5 secs.
    -If it is your proc time use "Arcane Bolt Storm" and "Temporal Shot" then use "Elemental Rupture"(BE CAREFULL dont use "Elemental Rupture" twice because at the first time it will have no cd and you can accidentally use it but if you do it wont deal much damage and have a big cd.)
    - After this combo check your piercing buff cause you are probably running out of time
    and keep spamming your spam macro.

4-) Keep those buffs up: -Charged Blade -Lightning Charge

Notes:

-Dont use "Elemental Gifts". I think They should change this buff it is totaly useless for dps or add another one for dps that helps with the "Elemental Bolts" instead of losing them.

-If you lose 10 stacks of "Elemental Barrage" debuff on boss it means u are screwed.

-I think being Archer is amazing but seems like they didn't think of any way to play it, they just added some cool skills and let it be

Anyway this is the best I come up with. Hope you will enjoy.

Burnbabeburn Typria
    Guild: CtrlAltElite
    Last edited by Burnbabeburn; 12-07-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Soulwalker

can we see maybe in Soul tree calculator

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoof View Post
    can we see maybe in Soul tree calculator
    There you go...

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Thanks for the guide.

I made a mage just to try this soul.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit,

Gotta say, this did not really start shining until I hit 67. But now its pretty good. Needing hp pots but not bad. I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by Qwolf; 12-11-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Update:

Soulwalker

Is there another soul that you would recommend besides harbinger? I don't have that soul yet and would still like a viable build

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMyke View Post
    Is there another soul that you would recommend besides harbinger? I don't have that soul yet and would still like a viable build
    You can always think StormCaller for it's passives. Other then that, there is not many options cause your abilities doesnt generate much charge and u need max charge in order to use arcane bolt efficiently.

If you choose to play with StormCaller you can add "Legendary ride the wind" + "Icicle" to get extra cd reduction through "spelltwisting".Spec would be something like:

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...Biiygw/dq|_v_w

But I would not recommend such build. it will most probably do less dps compared to harbinger one.

Soulwalker

Thanks for that build. Bad thing is I don't have the souls yet for the cool harb build. So that's why I was looking around for something else to pass on Mystic Archer until I get the souls.

Xly
    Plane Touched

If you don't have Harbinger but think about getting Mystic Archer, you got your priorities wrong. Harb is pretty essential, MA is pretty useless. I know which one I would get first ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    If you don't have Harbinger but think about getting Mystic Archer, you got your priorities wrong. Harb is pretty essential, MA is pretty useless. I know which one I would get first ;)

Your right harb is pretty useful but I am just coming back to the game after a few years off and I don't have the money to get all the souls yet. I had 900 rex so I used it on the Mystic Archer. So woth that said once I get the money to get the packs I will but as this time I don't have it and am just looking for an alternative to Harb until I get the souls. Thanks

Question

Hello is it worth to buy the Mystic Archer, right?
    Last edited by Ceserea; 02-19-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Soulwalker

I would say yes. It's a fun leveling spec. Not a top dps spec but something fun to play. Try it out.

Soulwalker

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Hello is it worth to buy the Mystic Archer, right?
    I agree with MightyMyke on this one. Totaly fun!

Soulwalker

Default Regarding Elemental Bolts

Hi, I have been using the macro's but I don't seem to generate any Elemental Bolts, I've checked the macro's to make sure they were correct and they are? Not using the macro's I generate elemental bolts fine, can you offer any help on this matter, thanks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jupia View Post
    Hi, I have been using the macro's but I don't seem to generate any Elemental Bolts, I've checked the macro's to make sure they were correct and they are? Not using the macro's I generate elemental bolts fine, can you offer any help on this matter, thanks.
    Have you figured out the reason behind this, make sure you dont use Elemental Gifts buff and sorry for the late reply you probably already figured out the thing.

Soulwalker

Default MA guidance

Dear OP: I was intrigued because no reliance on Elemental pets....frankly there is not much on the forums for MA- maybe that's a bad sign, e.g., not competitive after leveling, etc?I'm A new Mage and created /boosted this spec. Then tested this build on a practice dummy have problem keeping Elemental bolts going? Don't see the Elemental Gift button my display. I'm sure I'm missing something and will look again later. A few more questions:

Shouldn't we add Temporal Shot to the proc macro? ( as mentioned in your description)
    How does this build do at ezTDs and irotp?

Thank you for any direction. I'm hopeful to play a fun ranged build that is competitive with my guild mates after I level to 70.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast