+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 58 Ele/Pyro „The Machine Gun“

Prophet of Telara

Default 58 Ele/Pyro „The Machine Gun“

Ele/Pyro is the best mage all-rounder spec with high single target dps, usable burst, powerful passive cleave and good mobility.

Note: This spec is only usefull with the last upgrade of the Eternal Weapon. The spec consume a lot of mana so you need mana flasks, in the long run that will be expensive.

Magelo:
    58 Ele/18 Pyro/0 Dom (recommended for cleave)
    58 Ele/16 Pyro/2 Warlock (recommended for single target)

Legendaries:
    Legendary Rushing Elements (Ele)
    Legendary Elemental Forces (Ele)
    Legendary Firestorm (Pyro)
    Legendary Internalize Charge (Pyro)
    Legendary Neural Pod (Dom)
    Legendary Life Leech (Warlock)

Never use Legendary Elemental Burst the tooltip is wrong and the ability does less damage than the non-Legendary version!

Buffs:
    Conduit of Power
    Prismatic Armor
    Synergize

Pet:
    Air Elemental with Fast Summon

Macros:
    Spoiler!

Prepull:

Air Elemental (Pet) if not up
    check your buffs (Conduit of Power, Prismatic Armor, Synergize)
    Internalize Charge
    Arcane Manipulation

Opening:
    Ignite > Dark Touch(Warlock) > spam macro until raidcooldwons appear (Lava Field, Flaring Power …) > cooldown macro until firestorm and elemental burst is triggered

Rotation:
    Use the cooldown Macro as soon as Elemental Burst is ready until Firestorm and Elemental Burst is triggered. If you play with the warlock soul make sure you have at least 2 eternal weapon stacks and 2 stacks from Arcane Finesse Mastery otherwise use a primary bolt before using the cooldown Macro.
    For Firestorm you can use my Addon.
    Spoiler!

Your Cycle of Fire Buff (10s) + Prismatic Armor Buff (10s) reduce the global cooldwon for Crystalline Missiles to 0.5 seconds.

The goal is to use as many Crystalline Missiles with 0.5s global cooldown as possible.
    If both buffs appear you have to press the Crystalline Missiles 0.5s gcd spam macro until one of the two buffs disappears. With Legendary Rushing Elements or Volcanic Eruption you can force the Cycle of Fire Buff use this if you only have the Prismatic Armor buff. As long as one of the two buffs are missing, use the spam macro.

With the Cycle of Air Buff your Crystalline Missiles chains to another target.
    With Stormbolt you can force the Cycle of Air Buff, use this if adds are available.
    It is also possible that Stormbolt in the ST rotation is a dps gain if no water or air cycle is active to increase the number of active cycles and the bonus DMG.

Try to refresh Ignite if it runs out.

Legendary Rushing Elements blocks your 0.5 s gcd Crystalline Missiles your Crystaline Missels Macro will cancel the buff.

A big problem with Ele is that Lava Field buffing pets instead of players. For fights less than 5 minutes experienced mages fast summon their pets only after the Archon has used Lava Field so that the Archon can continue to use Mental Cynosaure (10 % more charge) instead of Combat Alacrity (Lava Field effects 20 players).

KaruulAlerts:
    Spoiler!

Breakdown after Patch 4.5:

my Equip

Video guide from dayzed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOT4...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-02-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Soulwalker

Something wrong with my Kalert I can't import the alerts you given.I found both self buff and combat buff are named Prismatics Armor when i manually edit the alert. anything I can do to make it show the 10s buff only instead then self buff?
    Just remember there are hundreds of people play with 300 latency every day.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wesbox View Post
    Something wrong with my Kalert I can't import the alerts you given.I found both self buff and combat buff are named Prismatics Armor when i manually edit the alert. anything I can do to make it show the 10s buff only instead then self buff?
    I have updated the whole KaruulAlert set. Try it now.

Plane Touched

Possibly dumb question, but which pet should we be using?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I have updated the whole KaruulAlert set. Try it now.

Thanks alot. It works now.
    Just remember there are hundreds of people play with 300 latency every day.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    Possibly dumb question, but which pet should we be using?
    I use the Air Elemental.

Thanks for your time setting this up!

Working on a video guide for this now.

You said.....
    I've only tested this spec with Dominator, maybe Arbiter is the better choice.
    Have you tried Arb yet?
    Last edited by dayzed; 10-29-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Something i just noticed while testing this. Crystalline missiles is refreshing legendary fire storm on the target. So it seems we can remove it from the CD macro and just cast it once at the start.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Something i just noticed while testing this. Crystalline missiles is refreshing legendary fire storm on the target. So it seems we can remove it from the CD macro and just cast it once at the start.
    You mean Neural Pod and Crystalline Missiles refreshing the Firestorm debuff (30 % more dmg from fire sources) but Firestorm will run out after 30 seconds. Firestorm is a great damage source and its worth to push the damage from Firestorm every 30 seconds with the cooldown macro especially with the 30% damage buff from Legendary Neural Pod.

Legendary Elemental Burst and his echos consume all Legendary Neural Pod stacks so I got a better result if I use Firestorm before Legendary Elemental Burst (Cooldown Macro with more cleave).

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Have you tried Arb yet?
    No I have not found any time yet. As it is now I have played the Ele/Pyro before 4.0 so i think there are still many optimization possibilities. Maybe some spells in the spam macro above Crystalline Missiles or other offsouls or 2 poitns in Dominator for Thunderblast? There is still a lot to test.

Legendary Elemental Burst and his echos consume all Legendary Neural Pod stacks (BUG ?) but only one eternal weapon stack so I got a better result if I use Firestorm before Legendary Elemental Burst (Cooldown Macro with more cleave).
    Legendary Firestorm acts the same as Ele Forces in that each tick of its damage is buffed by the flat eternal damage, instead of it being applied once and spread between ticks.

Probably why you're seeing it be better.
    Is why unless changed it will continue being abused.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 10-29-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Legendary Firestorm acts the same as Ele Forces in that each tick of its damage is buffed by the flat eternal damage, instead of it being applied once and spread between ticks.

Probably why you're seeing it be better.
    Is why unless changed it will continue being abused.
    I meant the 3 Legendary Neural Pod stacks, if i use Firestorm first with one Neural Pod stack Firestorm damage is buffed but if i use Elemental Burst first all Neural Pod stacks are consumed from the Echos and Firestorm does less damage because you have to use Firestorm without a Neural Pod stack.

Just tested with arb. It seems to be a little lower or just about the same. kind of hard to tell with so much RNG with crits on elemental burst and is also hard to try and cast it at full charge. Think 0 Dom is better.

For a cleave spec, im wondering how mystic archers 0 point legendary arcane shot would do? It cleaves to 3 other targets and is spamable.
    Last edited by dayzed; 10-30-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Burning Ground with Leg IC and eternal proc does very nice dmg now. I think it`s worth casting when we need cleave.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Video Guide for this spec.

Ele/Pyro Video Guide
    Last edited by dayzed; 11-02-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Prophet of Telara

For pure singel target warlock seems to be the best off soul:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast