+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 58 Ele/Pyro „The Machine Gun“

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eskalibur View Post
    ohhh okey ! which one is the best for pve monotarget ? Pyro or Harbinger ?

Thanks a lot
    Hi there and welcome to Rift! Pyro or Harb? That is more of a question for what playstyle you would prefer and later on in the game what situation you are in. Think of Pyro as a pretty much stationary high dps long range turret with a core spell with quite long cast times. Easy to learn, but harder to master. Harb the other way is quite the opposite, a close range melee mage with no cast times and a powerful channel, lots of tools in its kit and can use the arsenal ranged at certain times. Both have decent aoe, but none is in top tier at it.

I think every mage should learn to play Harb, because it has a unique playstyle compared to other mage souls, best in slot for solo, great in pvp and now works pretty good in raids etc. I can see a trend that more mages play Harb then before and I think that is awesome. The ele/pyro "Machinegun" is a genius build by @Bamu, but you get kinda bored on it after a while. Sorry Bamu!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitomolos View Post
    Hi there and welcome to Rift! Pyro or Harb? That is more of a question for what playstyle you would prefer and later on in the game what situation you are in. Think of Pyro as a pretty much stationary high dps long range turret with a core spell with quite long cast times. Easy to learn, but harder to master. Harb the other way is quite the opposite, a close range melee mage with no cast times and a powerful channel, lots of tools in its kit and can use the arsenal ranged at certain times. Both have decent aoe, but none is in top tier at it.

I think every mage should learn to play Harb, because it has a unique playstyle compared to other mage souls, best in slot for solo, great in pvp and now works pretty good in raids etc. I can see a trend that more mages play Harb then before and I think that is awesome. The ele/pyro "Machinegun" is a genius build by @Bamu, but you get kinda bored on it after a while. Sorry Bamu!
    Haha machinegun go brrrr

Haha pyro go brrrr

Haha Harbinger go *keyboard clicking intensifies*

Rift Disciple

OK. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ion...ew?usp=sharing
    Here is the result of promoting this spec without HUGE RED WARING of how bad this spec without eternal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    Here is the result of promoting this spec without HUGE RED WARING of how bad this spec without eternal weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Note: This spec is only usefull with the last upgrade of the Eternal Weapon.
    And literaly everyone knows it.

Whatever secrets that link may hold.
    Last edited by Shas; 08-18-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadSafe View Post
    it's litteraly the 2nd sentence of the guide which said without last eternal it's not usefull, reading is hard as i can see

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nitomolos View Post
    The ele/pyro "Machinegun" is a genius build by @Bamu, but you get kinda bored on it after a while. Sorry Bamu!
    You should note that this spec is Neddra-independant what means that you will not lose huge part of dps if this spell doesnt work (Alu'mar portals as example). So this spec is the best ranged choice for EoA currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Ele/Pyro is the best mage all-rounder spec with high single target dps, usable burst, powerful passive cleave and good mobility.

Note: This spec is only usefull with the last upgrade of the Eternal Weapon. The spec consume a lot of mana so you need mana flasks, in the long run that will be expensive.

Magelo:
    58 Ele/18 Pyro/0 Dom (recommended for cleave)
    58 Ele/16 Pyro/2 Warlock (recommended for single target)

Legendaries:
    Legendary Rushing Elements (Ele)
    Legendary Elemental Forces (Ele)
    Legendary Firestorm (Pyro)
    Legendary Internalize Charge (Pyro)
    Legendary Neural Pod (Dom)
    Legendary Life Leech (Warlock)

Never use Legendary Elemental Burst the tooltip is wrong and the ability does less damage than the non-Legendary version!

Buffs:
    Conduit of Power
    Prismatic Armor
    Synergize

Pet:
    Air Elemental with Fast Summon

Macros:
    Spoiler!

Prepull:

Air Elemental (Pet) if not up
    check your buffs (Conduit of Power, Prismatic Armor, Synergize)
    Internalize Charge
    Arcane Manipulation

Opening:
    Ignite > Dark Touch(Warlock) > spam macro until raidcooldwons appear (Lava Field, Flaring Power …) > cooldown macro until firestorm and elemental burst is triggered

Rotation:
    Use the cooldown Macro as soon as Elemental Burst is ready until Firestorm and Elemental Burst is triggered. If you play with the warlock soul make sure you have at least 2 eternal weapon stacks and 2 stacks from Arcane Finesse Mastery otherwise use a primary bolt before using the cooldown Macro.
    For Firestorm you can use my Addon.
    Spoiler!

Your Cycle of Fire Buff (10s) + Prismatic Armor Buff (10s) reduce the global cooldwon for Crystalline Missiles to 0.5 seconds.

The goal is to use as many Crystalline Missiles with 0.5s global cooldown as possible.
    If both buffs appear you have to press the Crystalline Missiles 0.5s gcd spam macro until one of the two buffs disappears. With Legendary Rushing Elements or Volcanic Eruption you can force the Cycle of Fire Buff use this if you only have the Prismatic Armor buff. As long as one of the two buffs are missing, use the spam macro.

With the Cycle of Air Buff your Crystalline Missiles chains to another target.
    With Stormbolt you can force the Cycle of Air Buff, use this if adds are available.
    It is also possible that Stormbolt in the ST rotation is a dps gain if no water or air cycle is active to increase the number of active cycles and the bonus DMG.

Try to refresh Ignite if it runs out.

Legendary Rushing Elements blocks your 0.5 s gcd Crystalline Missiles your Crystaline Missels Macro will cancel the buff.

KaruulAlerts:
    Spoiler!

Breakdown after Patch 4.5:

my Equip

How the hell is good points soul add? my elemental pet is 30 lvl lasser, i follow as you add the points soul

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarya View Post
    How the hell is good points soul add? my elemental pet is 30 lvl lasser, i follow as you add the points soul
    it's not a level spec

even on 70, it takes a certain quality of gear.

For leveling use 61Pyro 11Stormcaller 4Frostkeeper

Soulwalker

Hello everyone, great guide !

I have a question about the spam macro :
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Raging Elements
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Ignite

Since Cristalline Missiles is not legendary, it has no cooldown but instead a casting time.
    Won't it mean that all the spells below will never be cast ?
    Sorry for the noob question.

Quote Originally Posted by Boukanov View Post
    Hello everyone, great guide !

I have a question about the spam macro :
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Internalize Charge
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Raging Elements
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Crystalline Missiles
    cast Countdown
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Stormbolt
    cast Icy Carapace
    cast Ignite

Since Cristalline Missiles is not legendary, it has no cooldown but instead a casting time.
    Won't it mean that all the spells below will never be cast ?
    Sorry for the noob question.
    Yes they are meant to not be used in regular fashion.

But in the rare case that fire cycle is down(no instant missiles) while you are on the move, they are 'better than nothing'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6