+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 61 Pyromancer in 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ambraele View Post
    Not sure what one you would replace with F.V. and if it would be worth it .
    It's not worth it.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

They fixed the eternal weapon buff bug on the test server, especially for the 61 pyro/11 harb/4 ele, this is a noticeable dps gain. I think with that fix Pyro is the highest singel target spec for mages but still probably 100-200 k behind other classes.

I'm finding using Legendary Firestorm to be a dps loss on the PTS now. Would like to know if anybody else is experiencing this. This is with then new line: "Primary Bolts will apply this debuff to affected targets for 10 seconds".
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

If you cast a Primary Bolt your target gets the Debuff but firestorm itself will stop to do damage, so yes that is a clear DPS loss. I hope this is just a bug and not intended. With the firestorm change, the Pyro now makes less damage than on the live servers.

Soulwalker

Yea my overall dps is lower now on pts....sigh
    Last edited by Marrison; 07-15-2017 at 09:46 AM.

It's a nerf for me on PTS, Fire storm would stop dealing dots dmg once primary bolt been applied. So I guess keep using harb or going back to chloro again, ty dev
    Last edited by Hinatasama; 07-15-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    Hinatasamma@Dalaran

If this is really intended as a QOL fix, we should get the new "primary bolt applies debuff" thing AND Firestorm not modified, so we can choose to use FS when there are adds to damage, and primary bolt debuff only when we only have one target.

There is no valid reason to nerf pyro. It is not OP. Mages can't do the numbers rogue/primalist/war do. Pyro is our only competitive ranged spec now. If it is nerfed, we only get Harb. A paying soul. oh wait...

I don't like melee, this is why I rolled mage in the begining. Seems I can be glad to play chloro, and let dps to other callings...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    so we can choose to use FS when there are adds to damage, and primary bolt debuff only when we only have one target.
    Legendary Firestorm is still an ST gain. Not even accounting for the charge it grants = more Ele forces.

Nothing in the rotation changes. Except maybe you'll want to track Eternal "Primal Energy" and make sure it's up before you refresh Firestorm. Now because it's a gtae you can't track it, so use the timing on piercing beam. They are both 30s.

*the bug is reportedly fixed.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Now because it's a gtae you can't track it.
    When I find the time I can write an addon for firestorm. This is relatively simple as soon as you use firestorm i can start a countdown with 30 seconds which I can display on the screen.

Plane Walker

I finished the addon for Fire Storm. This addon shows you how long your fire storm is still active. Let me know if you find a bug.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/2...torm-countdown

Update: fixed 2 bugs

I have a kalert showing me if FS is active, and I see the debuff on the boss, so what will change?

And maybe on some fights you don't want FS (like Hexathel adds), so you can use the primary bolt debuff instead.
    Is kalert able to track the new debuff on the target, and is the debuff from FS the same (for kalert) than the debuff from primary bolt?
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 07-18-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    I have a kalert showing me if FS is active, and I see the debuff on the boss, so what will change?

And maybe on some fights you don't want FS (like Hexathel adds), so you can use the primary bolt debuff instead.
    Is kalert able to track the new debuff on the target, and is the debuff from FS the same (for kalert) than the debuff from primary bolt?
    The debuff from the primary bolt and fire storm is the same so you can't use kalert for firestorm with 4.2

Added addon and some changes for 4.2.

I then added fire emote and think I broke the entire post. So I'll be waiting on getting that fixed and title of thread updated to 4.2
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Soulwalker

Default Soul Trees now inaccessible

Magelo has been down for a while now, (maybe they gone for good?) so access to Soul Trees are no longer possible. Could you please post a large enough picture of the soul trees for each build so we can reference them. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast