+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 61 Pyromancer in 4.2

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Using Ele Forces on cd/charge or CM?

I'm a while away from being able to check this out.
    61 Pyro / 11 Harb / 4 Ele
    Legendaries: Fusillade, Internalize Charge, Firestorm, Piercing Beam, Elemental Forces

Spam Macro:
    Spoiler!

With the eternal weapon effect (after the step with 16 TD Runs and 160 rifts) and this spec I parse noticeably higher than all other 61 Pyro variants. Without the eternal weapon i parse higher with 61 Pyro/Harb/Arbiter.

Soulwalker

i noticed that IC doesn't show up beside the buffs when the Charged Blade is active even though it consumes the charges, but shows up and gets refreshed normally if charged blade is off, is this normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Henawymt View Post
    i noticed that IC doesn't show up beside the buffs when the Charged Blade is active even though it consumes the charges, but shows up and gets refreshed normally if charged blade is off, is this normal ?
    are you using legendary version of IC? otherwise it will cancel out with harb buff.

Thanks for the guide!. I just leveled my mage to 70 but i have a question about the rotation. Why is it important to keep flame bolt up? Am I missing this as a dot somewhere? I do not have it as a legendary.

Thanks!

edit: nevermind I see it gives a 10% damage boost!
    Last edited by Poshy; 06-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Why is it important to keep flame bolt up? Am I missing this as a dot somewhere?
    Flame bolt applies a buff "Improved Flame Bolt" to yourself. IFB increases your spell power by 10% for 10s.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

With the many Cinder Burst procs from Legendary Elemental Forces it is possibly better to use Countdown, Searing Bolt and Flame Bolt above Fireball in the spam macro. You can use more Legendary Internalize Charge stacks with Cinder Burst because the stacks not all consumed by Fireball. So if you have stacks use instant abilities, if you have no stacks spam Fireball. But with the high rng factor, I can not definitely say that this is better.

Maintain Buffs
    V
    Inferno (ogcd) / Arcane Manipulation (ogcd) / Elemental Forces (ogcd)
    V
    Fireball DoT (HW+Fus on CD)
    V
    Cinder Burst procs
    V
    Fusillade
    V
    [Use Heatwave]
    V
    Fulminate
    V
    Fireball
    Lately I've been playing like this (par EF; 140 Rifts to go). I don't actually know if it's worth recasting Fireball for the dot. But it probably should be. Even if just for the bonus CB damage.

When I get weapon I'll update this for new spec. I don't like the idea of FBs, they do less damage than fireball, but I'll have to wait to see. Swapping Fireball for filler =

Countdown
    V
    Searing Bolt
    V
    Flame Bolt
    V
    Fireball
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    So if you have stacks use instant abilities, if you have no stacks spam Fireball. But with the high rng factor, I can not definitely say that this is better.
    As is I believe countdown does more damage than a IC'less Fireball. So wouldn't it just be better to use it over a fireball without IC stacks. And by extension Searing. Excluding refreshing the dot.

Feels that the spec has moved from "Fireballs and Cinder Bursts Have a Hot Date" to "Selfish Cinder Burst gets all the buffs to themself"
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

added ele burst
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Specs:
    W/ Eternal 61 Pyro / 11 Harb / 4 Ele

Legendary Elemental Burst ~ Instant, oGCD - Deals fire damage that will proc Pyromancer's Blessings to proc more Cinder Bursts. With the eternal staff it does a lot of damage using the buff it grants.
    A few things I noticed:
    In your guide, you speak of Legendary Elemental Burst but you mean Legendary Elemental Forces.

In the magelo link, Methodical Destruction is selected, is this intended? Fireball and Cinderburst benefit much more from Calculated Annihilation. And with the upcoming changes from the PTS server (Pyromancer's Armor's damage bonus is doubled on critical hits) you don't want to loose 4 % crit chance with Methodical Destruction.

I think Mental Cynosure is the better choice for the level 63 mastery because of the high charge usage from Legendary Elemental Forces.

rip. this is why you don't do things at 4am. fixed in a mionute
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

I recommend not to use Burning Shield in the spam macro because it consumes two weapon stacks. Charge Blade unfortunately also consumes weapon stacks. That almost every ability consumes the eternal weapon stacks is a mess and should be resolved as quickly as possible!

Rift Disciple

When deciding on Methodical Destruction or Calculated Annihilation, what are you guys considering high or low crit power? I'm sitting at 15.2% due to unlucky RNG with frags. I'm assuming from some other comments that I'm on the low end of the scale. What would you consider high for this point in time? (Until the other side of frags open up, ofc)

I dunno, like 20%. But as Bamul said a bit up, with pts buffs you don't want to lose crit chance so calculated is the go to soon enough.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    With the many Cinder Burst procs from Legendary Elemental Forces it is possibly better to use Countdown, Searing Bolt and Flame Bolt above Fireball in the spam macro. You can use more Legendary Internalize Charge stacks with Cinder Burst because the stacks not all consumed by Fireball. So if you have stacks use instant abilities, if you have no stacks spam Fireball. But with the high rng factor, I can not definitely say that this is better.
    I think you are right about this. I am getting better numbers playing this way.

Rift Disciple

Default Flame Volley

Has anyone played around on PTS with using the Flame Volley Legendary ? It sucks that Trion makes it pretty much mandatory for Mages to go full 61 for any builds yet limits you to only using 3 of the 5 legendaries . Not sure what one you would replace with F.V. and if it would be worth it . Leave it to Trion to give you a buff but make it so you have to lose DPS somewhere else just to get it LOL !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast