+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 61 Pyromancer in 4.2

One thing i dont get,CB is our main dmg source and it procs out of fire dmg abilitys from what i can understand...pls correct me if i am wrong...so why use any non base fire abilitys in the rotation with exception of GS and PB,will this not reduce our chance to get a CB proc?
    Last edited by bollesti; 04-25-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    One thing i dont get,CB is our main dmg source and it procs out of fire dmg abilitys from what i can understand...pls correct me if i me wrong...so why use any non base fire abilitys in the rotation with exception of GS and PB,will this not reduce our chance to get a CB proc?
    If you mean Storm's Fury, Glacial Spike, Storm Slash, Galvanic Strike and Blazing Light.
    These skills are only triggered when you have to run and all other fire-based abilities are on cooldown or stand with your back to the boss.

If you mean Ride the Wind + Lightning Strike in the free to play variant, it is a hard-hitting ability especially with an IC stack. Cinder Burst Proc (Pyromancer's Blessing) can only trigger once every 3 seconds of damaging fire spells, so best use for Lightning Strike is probably after your proc occurs use Lightning Strike immediately and then the Proc. You lose a 2% higher proc chance (Pyromancer's Vengeance) but I think the one global cooldown is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    If you mean Storm's Fury, Glacial Spike, Storm Slash, Galvanic Strike and Blazing Light.
    These skills are only triggered when you have to run and all other fire-based abilities are on cooldown or stand with your back to the boss.

If you mean Ride the Wind + Lightning Strike in the free to play variant, it is a hard-hitting ability especially with an IC stack. Cinder Burst Proc (Pyromancer's Blessing) can only trigger once every 3 seconds of damaging fire spells, so best use for Lightning Strike is probably after your proc occurs use Lightning Strike immediately and then the Proc. You lose a 2% higher proc chance (Pyromancer's Vengeance) but I think the one global cooldown is worth it.
    Whats the dmg capability diffrence between the stormcaller one and the arb/harb one...because for pvp the storm caller seems better for escape with ride the wind and flick would be a good omg get the hell out of here utility.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Whats the dmg capability diffrence between the stormcaller one and the arb/harb one...because for pvp the storm caller seems better for escape with ride the wind and flick would be a good omg get the hell out of here utility.
    Is noticeably lower than the arb/harb variant but you do not have to update your dmg buffs every 30 seconds and can use IC + Cinder Burst + instant Lightning Strike + Ethereal Blast + Fulminate + Inferno for a nice burst so sounds pretty good for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Is noticeably lower than the arb/harb variant but you do not have to update your dmg buffs every 30 seconds and can use IC + Cinder Burst + instant Lightning Strike + Ethereal Blast + Fulminate + Inferno for a nice burst so sounds pretty good for pvp.

I like the devious way you think.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

Soulwalker

Default pyro build

how come i do not see any fullisade commands in any of the macros? it is one of the legendaries right.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mrbass111 View Post
    how come i do not see any fullisade commands in any of the macros? it is one of the legendaries right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Because you usually want to control moment when you use your cooldown (to sync with support cooldowns and/or specific phase of the fight) - putting them into spam does not allow that. And they even could be completely wasted when triggered right before pause in fight.
    I personally also tend to cancel channel abilities unintentionally when I have them in a spam macro with other abilities.

here you go

#show Legendary Fusillade
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fusillade
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

I want to expand on Cinder Burst procs. but need probably simple - thus dumb - clarifying questions answered from mages better than me.

The icd of Blessing > CB procs is 3s. So.
    I have 3s to reapply a buff that has fallen? Or is it just better to use CB.
    Et: IFB falls, Get proc, refresh IFB then CB is ok?
    Or even: fireball dot falls because refreshing ****, get proc from refreshing a buff, cast a 1.5s fireball, then CB?
    Or worst case: Piercing and Galvanic both need refreshing just as the proc pops. Refresh both at 1.5 each, 3s, then CB on the 3rd second?
    Or worst, worst case: PB, GS, and another buff or more have all fallen and you've got a proc. Use or rebuff?
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

no mage expert... but CB on proc means as far as I can tell, that you have 6sec to cast before it is gone. Basically means you have 5s to cast it, since you'll want IC active on that cast..

So whatever you can you do in 4s to burst/activate current damage and influence CB damage would go I guess.. so update stuff, cast IC and CB is the one on 1s left to cast.

Using a proc just because it pops at that moment is not necessarily getting the best from that proc...

But no expert, so feel free to correct me
    Last edited by Aranka; 05-13-2017 at 06:29 PM.

I've talked with a couple other people and it seems like you're best just making sure you have all buffs up regardless and ignoring the 3s Blessings icd.

Pyro is all about getting big Cinders now so it makes sense to me.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Rift Disciple

Curious what dps others are getting with this spec? I'm SPE geared: 18% CP, 23% SCrit, 44k SP, 25k INT; have stage 3 Eternal Weapon &c. And w/ pyro I do less than 75% of what I do on harb, ~300k vs 425k. I do >300k dps on my solo/farming harb/chloro/FK - and it's much more mobile than pyro and it never dies.

I'm probably doing something very wrong -- would be nice to see what a correct ability parse looks like, to see what I'm not hitting with. TIA.

I guess like this

Yours will probably have Fireball above Cinder Burst.
    Explosive Intent is 3.0, MoM Arak Trinket.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Plane Walker

I got my eternal weapon today and tested different specs.
    Because of the eternal weapon effect I parse with Pyro/Harbinger/Elementalist noticeably higher than with Pyro/Harbinger/Arbiter.

Using Ele Forces on cd/charge or CM?

I'm a while away from being able to check this out.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast