+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 61 Pyromancer in 4.1

Default 4.2 61 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

A passionate flame incarnate. Burning away their foes with unrivaled heat and devastating fire. The Pyromancer slings powerful balls of fire and unleashes bursts of destruction to reduce their target to ash. High single target damage and a strong and fast burst is a Pyromancer's specialty.

Refreneces/sources:
    Heartbeat's Learning Pyromancer
    Bamu's BiS spreadsheet

Specs:
    Pre-Eternal Quality Weapon 61 Pyro / 11 Harb / 4 Arb "Galvanic Spec"
    With Eternal Quality Weapon 61 Pyro / 11 Harb / 4 Ele "Ele Forces Spec"
    Masteries: 64 - Methodical Destruction (w/ Low Crit Power), Calculated Annihilation (w/ High Crit Power), 65 - Arcane Manipulation
    Synergy Crystal: Dominion
    Legendaries: Fusillade, Internalize Charge, Firestorm, Piercing Beam, Galvanic Strike/Elemental Forces
    Buffs: Pyromancer's Armor, Lightning Blade, Charged Blade, Aqueous Blessing

Pyromancy and the Ravenous Flames within
    Core mechanics

Pyromancer's Armour ~ Mage Armor - Increases Fire damage done by 6%. Critical Hits receive double the effect. Most importantly it is nessicary for the Blessing, Vengeance and Fury effects. As they need this armour to be active to work.
    Pyro' Blessing ~ Passive - Damaging fire spell have a 20% chance to reset Cinder Bursts cooldown and allow it to be cast instantly with a 50% mana cost reduction. This has an internal cooldown of 3s.
    Pyro' Vengeance ~ Passive - Casting Fireball generates stacks of Pyromancer's Vengeance. Which increase the chance of Pyromancer's Blessing by 2% per stack. Maximum 5 stacks. Lasts 10s.
    Pyro' Fury ~ Passive - Non Fireball damaging Fire abilities apply a stack of Pyromancer's Fury. Casting Fireball consumes a stack: reducing its cast time by 0.5s and increasing its damage by 30%. Maximum 5 stacks.
    Legendary Internalise Charge ~ 20s Cooldown - increases the damage done by your next 6 damaging cast time abilities, within 30s, by 100%. Damaging abilities do not cost Charge while Internalise Charge is active.
    Fireball ~ 2s cast time, Primary Bolt - When Heat Wave and Fusillade are cooldown Fireball deals an additional DoT of 75% of damage done over 5s. Does not stack.
    Cinder Burst ~ 30 Cooldown, 4.8s cast time - Deals an additional 30% damage if the target is affected by Fireball's DoT. Massive damage proc. Hits super hard with IC, Fusillade, and Fireball DoT
    Legendary Elemental Forces ~ Instant, oGCD - Deals fire damage that will proc Pyromancer's Blessings to proc more Cinder Bursts. With the eternal staff it does a lot of damage using the buff it grants.

Most of this will automate itself but it is good to know what is happening in the background. Your armour is the start of a passive chain that will end up making your fireballs hit really hard. With each fireball in turn increasing your chance to throw out hard hitting Cinder Bursts. Then Legendary Internalise Charge has come in to take that damage to a ridiculous level.

Pyromancer's Fury takes fireball from a 2s cast to a 1.5s cast time.

Stoke the Flames
    Bufs/DoTs and AOE

Accelerant ~ Passive - Applied by Countdown. Increases your damage against affected target by 10% for 15s. Countdown deals 60% of its damage if cleansed.
    Improved Flame Bolt ~ Passive - Applied by Flame Bolt. Increases your spell power by 10% for 10s.
    Galvanic Rush ~ Passive - Applied by Galvanic Strike. Increases your damage by 0.25% per charge when applied. Lasts 30s. Legendary Internalise Charge means you'll never be dropping in charge so you will always gain the theoretical 25% damage increase from 100% charge.
    Galvanic Strike ~ Instant, Slashing. Arbiter spell. Used once every 30s to refresh Galvanic Rush. Despite being a slashing attack it does have a 30m range.
    Legendary Piercing Beam ~ Instant, 4s Cooldown. Harbinger Spell. Again used once every 30s to refresh its buff: Increases your damage and healing by 20% for 20s.
    Legendary Firestorm ~ Instant, GTAE, 8s Cooldown. Deals Fire damage in a radius for 30s. Generates 6 Charge a second. Damage from this and your primary bolts (fireball) will apply a debuff causing the target to take 30% more fire damage for 10s. Deals high damage and benefits from the Eternal despite being effectively a DoT on the ground.

Pyromancer in 4.1 has caught the DoT/Buff management bug. From only originally having 2 things to track (Flame Bolt and Countdown) to 5 (Galvanic, Piercing, and Legendary Firestorm). *Maybe 7 (Fireball DoT, Eternal stacks)?

Smolder ~ Passive - Firestorm spreads countdown to up to 5 additional enemies within 7m when cast onto a target with countdown.
    Chain Reaction ~ Passive - When countdown expires naturally it causes up to 5 additional countdowns on other targets within 7m to also trigger early.

These two passive combined with Legendary Firestorm are your AOE. Because Legendary Firestorm is no longer a channel it will constantly spread countdown between targets. As long as you are continuing a standard single target rotation neither of these spells should need specific refreshing.

Pyromania
    Cooldowns and oGCDs

Heatwave ~ 1 minute Cooldown - Reduces cast time of Fire spells by 50% for 15s. Reduces mana cost on non-instant Fire spells by 30%. Fireball does not consume Pyromancer's Fury stacks while active.
    Legendary Fusillade ~ 1 minute Cooldown, 2.5s Channel - Casts Fireball on the target once every 0.5s. At the end of the channel, casts Fulminate. Passively increases Cinder Burst damage by 60%.
    Fulminate ~ 30s Cooldown, Instant - Large Fire damage. With Legendary Internalise Charge no longer costs charge.
    Inferno ~ 10s Cooldown, oGCD - Additional oGCD damage when the target is below 40% health.
    Arcane Manipulation ~ Level 65 Mastery, 30s cooldown, oGCD - Since Fireball with IC does more damage than Ethereal Blast, AM, is your choice for level 65 Mastery.

During Heatwave, in combination with Pyromancer's Fury, Fireball's cast time is reduced to 0.5s.

Smoldering Ashes
    Filler and Other

Searing Bolt ~ LIC buffed Fireball hits harder. But it is used as a filler to save Internalised Stacks for Cinder Burst.
    Countdown ~ 8s Cooldown - Does damage after 8s. LIC Fireball hits harder. But it is also used to possibly gain an extra LIC'd Cinder Burst.
    Flame Volley ~ 1 minute Cooldown, 3s Channel. Doesn't contribute to making Cinder Burst hit harder so it now relegated to movement dps only.
    Flame Bolt ~ 8s Cooldown - When not rebuffing normal Fireballs hit harder than Flame Bolt. It is still your premier movement filler spell. With all your Fireball spamming you will have Wildfire up a lot with 3 free instant Flame Bolts waiting for movement.

Incinerating Flames
    Rotation

Pre Pull:
    Internalize Charge + Arcane Manipulation

Tank Count Down:
    2s Fireball cast > Elemental Forces

Opener:
    Piercing/I]Galvanic[/I] > Fireball > Flame Bolt > Countdown > Firestorm
    [Cinder Burst procs]
    Fusillade > Fulminate > Heatwave spam
    Spam

Maintain DoTs/Buffs:
    - Legendary Piercing Beam (30s) + Galvanic Rush (30s)
    - Improved Flame Bolt (10s) (Flame Bolt)
    - Accelerant (15s) (Countdown)
    - Legendary Firestorm GTAE DoT (30s) (Use Add-on)
    - Legendary Internalise Charge (6 stacks, 30s) (Maintains self in macro)

Rotation Ideals:
    - Use Heatwave and Fusillade on cooldown
    - Always have Eternal proc up for Firestorm (Kalert or cast fireball before refreshing)

Outside of Heatwave:
    Maintain Buffs
    V
    Legendary Elemental Forces (ogcd) > Inferno (ogcd) / Arcane Manipulation (ogcd)
    V
    Cinder Burst procs
    V
    Fusillade
    V
    [Use Heatwave]
    V
    Spam Macro
    Inside of Heatwave:
    Maintain Buffs
    V
    Legendary Elemental Forces (ogcd)> Inferno (ogcd) / Arcane Manipulation (ogcd)
    V
    Cinder Burst procs
    V
    Fireball

Utility

Flicker: CC break. Teleports 15m forwards. 30s cooldown
    Cerebral Flare: Restores 5s mana per second
    Burning Shield: small shield. 30s cooldown, oGCD
    Burn: 5s Debilitate. 30s cooldown
    Burning Bonds: 8s Root. 30s cooldown
    Scorch: Interrupt. 10s cooldown
    Flash Burn ~ Passive - Scorch will Stun if it successfully Interrupts. 45s cooldown per target.

Macros

w/ Eternal: Fireball Spam Macro
    Spoiler!

w/ Eternal: Heatwave Spam Macro
    Spoiler!

Pre-Eternal: Fireball Spam Macro
    Spoiler!

Pre-Eternal: Heatwave Spam Macro
    Spoiler!

Pre-Eternal: Piercing + Galvanic
    Spoiler!

Firestorm @gtae
    Spoiler!

Firestorm w/ Countdown
    Spoiler!

Cinder Burst w/ IC
    Spoiler!

Interrupt
    Spoiler!

Free to Play Builds

Free to Play:

Spec:
    61 Pyro / 11 Storm / 4 Ele
    Legendaries: Fusillade, Internalize Charge, Firestorm, Ride the Wind, Elemental Forces
    Buffs: Pyromancer's Armor

Follow guide but you no long have to manage Galvanic Rush / Legendary Galvanic Strike or Legendary Piercing Beam. Add in a Ride the Wind Cinder Burst/Lightning Strike macro.
    - If you have a stack of Internalise Charge: Lightning Strike is higher priority than Fulminate.
    - If you do not have a stack of Internalise Charge: Lightning Strike is lower priority than Fulminate.

Spam:
    Spoiler!

Heatwave:
    Spoiler!

Instant Lightning Strike
    Spoiler!

Kalerts/Addons

Legendary Firestorm tracker:
    Bamu has made an addon to track the time of your Firestorm; you can no longer just kalert the debuff as fireball refreshes it.
    Get it here

Kalerts
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by notawaifu; 08-16-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Let me know if anything needs to be improved.

updates:
    1: Added Glacial Spike for movement
    2: Spelling parse
    3: added f2p and no arb build
    4: added alerts
    5: added addon for firestorm
    6: 4.2: added new text for armour change and firestorm
    Last edited by notawaifu; 07-21-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    A thrown together 4.1 pyro. will add kalerts later.

Let me know if the priority is not quite right. I'm unsure if Fulminate is over fus and hw or not.
    Nice Write up, however with Ele being replaced with Arb, how would you go about that? I'm having issues. Someone did kinda help me but , still not getting it. Just trying to get the best use out of my lady.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Should be: 11harb/4ele

Everything is the same but you don't have Legendary Galvanic Strike / Galvanic Rush to maintain. You instead take Legendary Elemental Forces from elementalist. Add it into your spam. It's ogcd.

Some quick testing and I think it should go under Fulminate. Because despite Fulminate costing no charge with LIC it won't let me cast it without the right amount of charge. As well as needing "cast [notactive] Charged Blade" because during Heatwave, it fell off because of the charge loss.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-19-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Ascendant

Thanks!

So you don't put cast [notactive] Charged Blade at the top of your macro just in case because it causes ability lag?

Also, I put Glacial Spike under Storm's Fury in the main spam. And Jolting Wave after Storm Slash (not like these really ever hit though).
    Last edited by Archyface; 04-19-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Didn't think the notactive was necessary for 11/4. Since it shouldn't drop for any reason? Except like zoning around. Then I'd just click it back on.

Forgot about arbiter abilities besides glavanic lol.

Rift Chaser

Maybe it is a DPS gain to take Countdown and Searing Bolt over Fireball, you can use possible more IC stacks with Cinder Burst because they are not so fast consumed by Fireball.

Code:
    #show Fireball	
    suppressmacrofailures	
    cast Internalize Charge	
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Fulminate
    cast Countdown
    cast Searing Bolt
    cast Inferno
    cast Fireball
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Glacial Spike
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Galvanic Strike	
    cast Blazing Light
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Ascendant

I don't have countdown in my macro as I thought it was only useful to keep Accelerant up (unless there's more than one target).

Have a kalert for Accelerant and just cast Countdown when that gets to 1 or zero. I've never actully watched that much to see what my IC actually gets spent on.
    Last edited by Archyface; 04-19-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

One parse I gained dps with them in. The next I lost. It seems like a major dps rng swing. You're taking a gamble on getting ample Cinder Bursts. Perhaps with a much larger sample size it leans one way more substantially.

If anything: You could probably just get with having a Countdown > Searing Bolt macro. Use it when IC is down (since searing would barely be a gain over fireball then?), but not when the fireball DoT needs refreshing. Or use it when IC is up if you want to dance with RNG cinders.

Just adding Searing Bolt behind an existing Countdown button would accomplish this without adding more buttons to the spec as well.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-19-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    One parse I gained dps with them in. The next I lost. It seems like a major dps rng swing. You're taking a gamble on getting ample Cinder Bursts. Perhaps with a much larger sample size it leans one way more substantially.
    The same happens also here, sometimes the one variant parse higher sometimes the other.

A mix of Fireball and instant abilities should also increase the damage from the eternal weapon, which becomes more noticeable with every upgrade.
    To reduce the rng try both variants without Cinder Burst Procs over at least 5 minutes. If the variant with Countdown and Searing Bolt is close to Fireball spam, then this variant also probably better with Cinder Burst Proc.

Even if you have Countdown and Searing Bolt above Fireball in the Spam Macro, you will consume all 6 IC stacks within the 20 second time window (IC cooldown) and you have a higher chance that you consume a stack with Cinder Burst instead of Fireball. But there is a higher risk that your fireball DoT runs out and Cinder Burst then do 30% less damage, a Kalert for the Fireball DoT could fix this problem.
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-20-2017 at 07:38 AM.

I have added 2 alternate builds. For people without certain souls.

Added AOE information even though you literally don't have to do anything different to aoe. L Flame Volley probably usable if you want to aoe but at that point just use Harb or Lock.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 04-20-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Soulwalker

I would agree. This is an awesome build. I use the EXACT same setup. I will admit I do not use Charged Blade as it works against Galvanic and my spams are a bit different. I might try your spams against mine to see how they compare to each other.

I did not see a kalert so thought I would post mine given it's the same setup.

Code:
    KA::AV/AreNq1lN9umzAUxl+FJ8j8BxuicwUEb7vZpohtN5GQU5zWqgMRNpEi7eFnSJombVBRpMo
    gG46P/PPn73hj5DZYN8YBhgJ2Rh5UC8QPCxAgfFAFaR9NeMJ4GrEQpykXWcQA+Qw/xfcIlnrjYCG
    d/LL6/X0l19podyj1Q1PblapV+3hYK7nFs6qywOch0BhBGPcP9g2y/EeRL/sRHhpFw/Kn38MXH1Y
    S/za6VYG9hMUDbAFfpdnLWj8Ey84+Qd3Uqs+cxvh4yi2ta/WzOnESCCm9zYmG7Q9kxRUnxS+gnb0
    paWe1MbJSkNCYz1mCc0bnbJFn2WRFK+WaWjpVygE0Yp4Ehx8KWtwU9HjGfxpj1IFcE4sj88UESKI
    8znGYxiTNkiRGDOhE6FbudFVa5brdiZoC9Ta6oC5+/pqgML9QWL4H/iSJybjEaOYjaEb8G8UvxK9
    7uVL7m5Iu+Cv36pY3XoNJFKeIEMwyRrJMLPLJ4GvTNFVfJPhsYorpvcXWma3uZXhP61POwYRgPke
    hIBwvBBMpmUyra6dqq8pN7zF79sVo2X1M3F9n+7e44nyXjdoY3W1jf5tF/E7cJ3/iby0sPssJeNw
    J48V2BP0PkS7QHg

Unless Galvanic does not work 100% as it states: 25% buff at 100 charge. Now say you get the buff after the -5 charge Galvanic Costs with Charged Blade. Down to a 20% buff whenever you cast it with Charged Blade. Charged Blade is 10% on all non-slashing damage. It's then: 10% + 20% vs 25%. You gain 5% using Charged Blade in this worst case scenario.

I have now added some neat Kalerts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast