+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 4.1 Harbinger DPS Guide!

Default 4.1 Harbinger DPS Guide!

Updated for 4.1 **6/26/17**

Update: A friend (Thanks Megabran@greybriar!) suggested changing Leg. Piercing beam for Reaper's Blade in harb. Seems to be about 20-30k higher in DPS. I since have got my eternal weapon and this could be the reason this setup is higher dps. Anyways i figured i would share my findings and update the guide with the little tweaks i have made.Try it out and see what works best for you!

Was holding 588k self buffed on 67 raid boss practice dummy, no stones, vials, etc.
    Link to my stats & damage breakdown

Masteries
    From left to right, bottom to top.

Legendaries
    Harb: Reaper's Blade (or piercing beam) - Vengeful Shock - Empyrean Ascension
    Chloro: Bloom
    Arb: Galvanic Strike

Buff's:
    Aqueous Blessing
    Eldritch Armor
    Reaper's Blade
    Lightning Blade (if using legendary Reaper's Blade)
    Luminous Weapon (ONLY use when doing AOE, over writes Reaper's blade)

Macro's:

Spam
    #show vorpal slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast [notactive] charged blade
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast @self arcane manipulation
    cast Rending Slash
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Introspection
    cast conditioned response
    cast glacial spike
    cast withering vine

Proc Macro
    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast @self Bloom
    cast vile spores

Cooldown's
    Empyrean Ascension
    Storm Shroud

If you wanted, you could technically put empyrean ascension & storm shroud in you're spam macro although i wouldn't recommend it as its better to be able to time you're CD's as needed.

Other Abilities
    Piercing Beam (+20% damage buff or +11% if non legendary, Refresh every 30secs right before it falls off)
    Tempest Winds (Channled damage ability, use only when in empyrean ascension form)
    Rending Slash (+13% damage dot and also your spam, make sure this is always up)
    Galvanic Strike (Damage buff. Refresh every 30secs with piercing beam)

AOE Macro
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast jolting wave
    cast Lucent Slash
    stopcasting

For AOE use Luminous Weapon Buff and put up Blazing Light then spam AOE macro. Only use you're proc macro when bloom is off cooldown. Make sure you are keeping up both of you're damage buffing dot's (Piercing Beam & Galvanic Strike) Also use Empyrean Ascension during you're AOE rotation. Make sure you re-apply Reaper's blade for single/dual targets.

There are a lot more very useful abilities that i have not listed. If you are not aware of them please refer to Kerghan's harb guide linked below.

Harb is based more off priority of abilities than any set rotation. If you're not 100% sure how harb works or have not played it before and would like more information about how eldritch armor works, priority abilities, etc please read Kerghan's Guide as he has done a very in depth guide on how harb works as well as the many other abilities harb has to offer and the basics of harb have not changed so i don't see any reason to post any of this information as its already posted and i would just be copy/pasting from his guide.

Opening Rotation
    Piercing Beam > Galvanic Stike > Rending Slash >Empyrean Ascension > (proc macro if its up) > Spam Macro once > Storm Shroud > Tempest Wind > Spam Macro > Proc Macro whenever available

Spam Macro > Proc Macro when available

Refresh Piercing Beam & Galvanic Strike as needed.

Refresh Piercing Beam & Galvanic Stike before they fall off. You want to try and time refreshing both of these outside of Empyrean Ascension so you don't while in EA form. Never hold you're proc macro longer then 3 seconds. Only use Tempest Winds while in your Empyrean Ascension form as it seems to be a damage loss if you use it outside of it. **I could be wrong about this** Also try not to channel tempest winds while you're Vorpal Slash, Bloom, and Vengeful Shock are off cooldown and available to use. It takes a little bit of time to master this but it will result in the best numbers.

That's pretty much it! If there is any mistakes or any better ways to squeeze some more dps out of harb please let me know!

Here are the Kalerts needed for this spec.

KA::A8pRteNqtlOtumzAUgF+FJ9hsczGWf9lgT5OqLWoy9U8ky wE3scpNmLTKtIcfIbQaDFUTnUA
    Cw+Hz+XyO2VjTZrY6etzokkK6o02hL6btb2U/2NE7czRVrtuLt5mEMkQIQQhEfgIBYCKgYPhG9ld
    A7+1jR1Pd6c/7H1/3+mAL212UzerK7U+6PfQY06pmJKpDT/yU544SBCmJIxrE1xP2B03Et524v97
    BYQofDHmNj4dRMMwqfwnmsayzz2YqspuJiLK5tEZXHnOZqZytK 8p8HjIYpQlJBcaAsBU2ZsQq/Yp
    VZpCCIIpXWEWvVn+n+4ceGvWWpDAOEiEEwYEUMvbhf5YiH5D6o otnXdnM23atfTJLnTcPYSiWCHE
    fYSRCksB/1zmOJOUG0thpiBL/nfTBe+nv+nUxrvMebHVdi3k5eoFJAJNMCE4YT5lIBE78FZXobk T
    10hOVvjlg0JcAryzBtqvb0tue2vqcLylM3jMpAA44IrEvCUmIX GHgrkDlBqD6OXYRjD+w4e/Opa3
    qs/MejG6m++Jt289CmJSIQODzNAwgR0CsEClGpnoZmCq7VYOEs45i 38WyjVwsyOakq64uPV7o3Lg
    lmVkEk2kcpDDiTKIQh3DNX6u5IdVhQKKxsyCEZH1r/QacTfR6

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dayzed; 06-26-2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Updated

Ascendant

Thanks Dayzed. This is what I've been running around with too!

I was going to ask if you had a parse and a breakdown, but I think it's a bit pointless at the moment since the upcoming Harb changes will have a decent say in what it looks like.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    The Spec:
    61 Harb / 9 Chloro / 6 Ele
    This spec will also be getting a buff once the changes on PTS go live. If someone has found a better setup or something i could be doing to squeeze out anymore dps please let me know and i will update this guide.
    From my experiences on the PTS Legendary Elemental Forces damage reduced drastically so I think Arbiter with Legendary Galvanic Strike is the better choice, if the changes go live.

I parse noticeable higher with 5 points in Natural Awareness instead of Accelerated Growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Thanks Dayzed. This is what I've been running around with too!

I was going to ask if you had a parse and a breakdown, but I think it's a bit pointless at the moment since the upcoming Harb changes will have a decent say in what it looks like.
    Np! Yea, i was thinking the same thing and didn't have anyone to help me parse last night so i could use storm shroud. Holding about 278-280k on level 67 raid boss dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    From my experiences on the PTS Legendary Elemental Forces damage reduced drastically so I think Arbiter with Legendary Galvanic Strike is the better choice, if the changes go live.

I parse noticeable higher with 5 points in Natural Awareness instead of Accelerated Growth.
    I failed to test natural awareness for some reason, but you're right! Quite a noticeable difference! Thank you, will update that now.

As for Ele vs arbiter i couldn't find anywhere that Legendary elemental forces was reduced on PTS so didn't think that was the case. As of now, the Ele variant parses higher on live, but if they do end up lowering the damage of elemental forces then the arbiter off soul will be the next best thing.

Thank you much for the input. Updating the guide accordingly.

Edit: As far as pvp goes, i think the ele variant will end up being better, even if elemental forces gets nerfed due to how hard Lightning Strike hits. But Arbiter does offer a +3% dmg reduction buff. Hmmm more testing! lol.
    Last edited by dayzed; 01-07-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Sword of Telara

As for Ele vs arbiter i couldn't find anywhere that Legendary elemental forces was reduced on PTS so didn't think that was the case.
    Public Test Server Balance Changes - 1/4/2017
    Legenadry Elemental Forces damage reduced (roughly 40%).

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Public Test Server Balance Changes - 1/4/2017
    Legenadry Elemental Forces damage reduced (roughly 40%).
    Not sure how i missed that, thank you.

Shadowlander

I was hoping someone can assist me with understanding the Spam macro a little better.

Spam
    #show Bloom
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Stopcasting
    Cast [notactive] charged blade
    Cast @self bloom
    Cast Vorpal Slash
    Cast Storm’s Fury
    Cast Rending Slash
    Cast arcane manipulation
    Cast Introspection
    Cast Vengeful Shock
    Cast Conditioned response

My understanding of macros are that they will start at the top and then cast what is next in line that is currently not on CD. Vorpal Slash has an 8 sec CD and Storm’s Fury has a 6 sec CD, so I’m good there. But then Rending Slash does not have a CD. So would the macro not ever get past that ability in line? Wouldn’t it keep firing off Rending Slash until VS or SF come off CD and never get to Arcane Manipulation and the abilities under it?

I appreciate the clarification!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Carandrian View Post
    I was hoping someone can assist me with understanding the Spam macro a little better.

Spam
    #show Bloom
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Stopcasting
    Cast [notactive] charged blade
    Cast @self bloom
    Cast Vorpal Slash
    Cast Storm’s Fury
    Cast Rending Slash
    Cast arcane manipulation
    Cast Introspection
    Cast Vengeful Shock
    Cast Conditioned response

My understanding of macros are that they will start at the top and then cast what is next in line that is currently not on CD. Vorpal Slash has an 8 sec CD and Storm’s Fury has a 6 sec CD, so I’m good there. But then Rending Slash does not have a CD. So would the macro not ever get past that ability in line? Wouldn’t it keep firing off Rending Slash until VS or SF come off CD and never get to Arcane Manipulation and the abilities under it?

I appreciate the clarification!
    I believe all those abilities below rending are 0gcd, so by mashing the macro they'll be used in between other abilities.

Spam
    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast [notactive] charged blade
    cast @self bloom
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Rending Slash
    cast arcane manipulation
    cast Introspection
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast conditioned response
    @self arcane manipulation is DPS neutral but better for target swaps (stacks go on you, not your target)

About how often do you actually cast EA? I'd assume close to every 30s, but I don't know how bad the de-sync is from bloom & procs. (hurray for 3 diff GCDs in one spec!)

WTB example parses.
    The cockroaches won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    I hate to brag but am one of those pro warriors who tries to push things to the limit, broken so many records
    4.1 Champion4.1 Overlord 4.1 Riftblade4.1 Reaver4.1 Tempest4.1 Warpest
    3.7 Beastmaster3.7 Liberator3.7 Paladin3.7 Void Knight

Ascendant

Hello! Although harb is not our top dps spec at this current time, it's a lot of fun to play and is our only melee option. Hopefully it will be our top dps spec once again!
    It looks like your wish is coming true as of right now
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

61 harb / 11 chloro / 4 arb , parse on pts , live copied gear , the stat is a bit off though due to frag stat scrambling. They added cast time back to L.bloom so I spent two more points to get the instant bloom.

4.1 Harbinger DPS Guide!-2017-02-08_160429.jpg

4.1 Harbinger DPS Guide!-2017-02-09_205027.jpg

yea, about the same setup as ive been playing with. Will update the guide once 4.1 goes live just to make sure everything is the same.

Decent guide, thanks for sharing.

One question re: Legendary Bloom - if it now is a cast time ability but can be made instant by spending points, does that mean you can put it in your proc macro and it will benefit from the 0.5 sec GCD but without eating the Eldrich proc?

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Rift Disciple

last time I checked on pts , L.bloom still eating EG proc even after spending points to make it instant.

edit: I just put it in filler/spam macro. But since you cannot control which target your vile spores from bloom will go. Depends on the fights , you may have to take it out from your macros and do it manually. And as far as I know the vile spores from L.bloom will only fire when YOU are within 15m of your target. For example if you are not using something like "cast @self bloom" and have "target of target" checked in the setting , your bloom healing will mostly go to your tank while if you are not within 15m of the boss/mob , your vile spores from L.bloom will not fire.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 02-22-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    Decent guide, thanks for sharing.

One question re: Legendary Bloom - if it now is a cast time ability but can be made instant by spending points, does that mean you can put it in your proc macro and it will benefit from the 0.5 sec GCD but without eating the Eldrich proc?
    correct. but it eats the proc, which is fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast