+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SFP 61 Arbiter

Lightbulb SFP 61 Arbiter

We have a couple options for tanking with interesting offspec skills like legendary radiant spores, legendary reflect, and unusual expert dungeon tuning. I've opted to maximize single target damage reduction along with a steady rotation and passive heals.

The spec: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ll5i/Shx0|Tc_g

Legendaries:
    Radiant Spores: 5% damage reduction
    Storm Slash: dps boost
    Ebb and Flow: withstand legendary strikes and some other passives (not sure what legendary strikes are yet)
    Galvanic Strike: Ranged slash/builder + damage boost
    Biting Wind: big medium uptime single target damage reduction

Buffs:
    Stamina self buff
    Ebb and flow
    Arcane ward
    Eldritch armor
    Aqueous blessing
    Lightning blade
    Lifegiving veil (remove if good chloro nearby)
    Yes its an unusual amount of buffs

Single target plan:
    Maintain blazing light and high charge galvanic strike
    radiant spores used at opening
    Consume ea procs with vile spores, this will maintain legendary radiant spores and splash some reasonable healing
    Main spam in macro should be storm slash

Other than storm slash for galvanic... macros are largely unchanged from previous guide.

Faq: why 5% st dr from chloro than 5% pure dr from sc?
    Because passive heals and method of using ea proc

Do we care about ebb and flow now?
    1 sec gcd for non arb abilities opens up options as well as the withstand legendary hits option

Why harb rather than str8 dr?
    We are only on expert content at the moment. Dodging works fine and 20% is a lot. It currently allows for a huge boost in damage potential and makes vile spores possible and radiant spores possible in a rotation. Im getting >50k dps with this setup.

Macros:

Builder:
    #show Galvanic Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] Galvanic Strike
    cast [shift] Freezing Gust
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Counter Shock
    cast Shield Surge

Consumer:
    #show Glacial Spike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] Choking Flood
    cast [shift] Biting Wind
    cast Glacial Spike
    cast Scatter Strike
    cast Icy Fury
    Last edited by Maril; 11-25-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Soulwalker

Curious why you chose Chloro and harb? Can put 4 points into stormcaller for a base 5% dmg reduction without needing to cast anything, and warlock for 10% increased health, instead of dodge from harb which is generally only good for xperts and not raids *Yes i am aware no raids yet ><*

Quote Originally Posted by Aatelin View Post
    Curious why you chose Chloro and harb? Can put 4 points into stormcaller for a base 5% dmg reduction without needing to cast anything, and warlock for 10% increased health, instead of dodge from harb which is generally only good for xperts and not raids *Yes i am aware no raids yet ><*
    This is answered in the FAQ

Soulwalker

I would suggest running Frostkeepr instead, with legendary Rime and Earthenrenewal....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talainz View Post
    I would suggest running Frostkeepr instead, with legendary Rime and Earthenrenewal....
    I run with Legendary Earthen Renewal in my tank spec. 120k crit heal on anyone every 6 seconds? Yes please! But you can't have Legendary Rime as well as you need more points put into the tree than 61 Arbiter will allow.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    We have a couple options for tanking with interesting offspec skills like legendary radiant spores, legendary reflect, and unusual expert dungeon tuning. I've opted to maximize single target damage reduction along with a steady rotation and passive heals.

The spec: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...ll5i/Shx0|Tc_g

Legendaries:
    Radiant Spores: 5% damage reduction
    Storm Slash: dps boost
    Ebb and Flow: withstand legendary strikes and some other passives (not sure what legendary strikes are yet)
    Galvanic Strike: Ranged slash/builder + damage boost
    Biting Wind: big medium uptime single target damage reduction

Buffs:
    Stamina self buff
    Ebb and flow
    Arcane ward
    Eldritch armor
    Aqueous blessing
    Lightning blade
    Lifegiving veil (remove if good chloro nearby)
    Yes its an unusual amount of buffs

Single target plan:
    Maintain blazing light and high charge galvanic strike
    radiant spores used at opening
    Consume ea procs with vile spores, this will maintain legendary radiant spores and splash some reasonable healing
    Main spam in macro should be storm slash

Other than storm slash for galvanic... macros are largely unchanged from previous guide.

Faq: why 5% st dr from chloro than 5% pure dr from sc?
    Because passive heals and method of using ea proc

Do we care about ebb and flow now?
    1 sec gcd for non arb abilities opens up options as well as the withstand legendary hits option

Why harb rather than str8 dr?
    We are only on expert content at the moment. Dodging works fine and 20% is a lot. It currently allows for a huge boost in damage potential and makes vile spores possible and radiant spores possible in a rotation. Im getting >50k dps with this setup.

Macros:

Builder:
    #show Galvanic Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] Galvanic Strike
    cast [shift] Freezing Gust
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Counter Shock
    cast Shield Surge

Consumer:
    #show Glacial Spike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [alt] Choking Flood
    cast [shift] Biting Wind
    cast Glacial Spike
    cast Scatter Strike
    cast Icy Fury
    And if a Chloro is healing you? Can't have 2 veils up. So it's a wasted spec. For the healing side of it.

If a chloro is healing you then you shouldn't have any issue toggling off veil. If a fk is healing you, the splash aoe heals make a difference in expert level content. You still benefit from the radiant spores dps increase and damage reduction. I personally would rather have the damage reduction from chloro than no damage reduction and a personal 100-140k heal every 6 seconds.

The only other alternative for straight damage reduction is stormcaller, which has no other synergy. The dominator legendary reflect is interesting, but the uptime is low, and that is all I can say about it.

Frostkeeper doesn't grant bonus damage reduction without a bunch more points spent, and then would not stack with in party (or in raid) chloro or frostkeeper damage reductions.

I consider "dual healing" where you need to help the healer to not be a valid scenario. Radiant spores is autorefreshed by vile spores, the damage reduction and damage increase are the reason I selected that offsoul. The vile spores use almost requires eldritch armor.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I run with Legendary Earthen Renewal in my tank spec. 120k crit heal on anyone every 6 seconds? Yes please! But you can't have Legendary Rime as well as you need more points put into the tree than 61 Arbiter will allow.
    Not true; at 15 points in you can get 2 legendaries, so you can do 61 Arb, 15 FK, 0 <something> and have both Rime and Earthen Renewal legendary.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ilmoran View Post
    Not true; at 15 points in you can get 2 legendaries, so you can do 61 Arb, 15 FK, 0 <something> and have both Rime and Earthen Renewal legendary.
    Yeah I messed up cos I already had 4/5 legendaries in other souls. Meant to come back and correct this but couldn't find the thread lol.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

"inb4 pay2win I don't have frostkeeper" ....if you're going for passive heals why not 61 arbiter 15 frostkeeper 0 chloro..

legendaries: rime / earthen renewal.
    -6% damage, shields, and every 6s you heal yourself with earthen renewal.
    0 points chloro and still get the -5% damage to caster..total damage mitigation =11% + you heal yourself...

rotation normal 61 arb, but hits earthen renewal every 6s, or you can use it to heal the dps who are being baddies.. bonus crystal barrier, so thats cool too.

Soulwalker

ok wheres the link to the rest of the macros this is not working for me ty 2 macros ?????

Plane Touched

Default Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Blakehavok View Post
    "inb4 pay2win I don't have frostkeeper" ....if you're going for passive heals why not 61 arbiter 15 frostkeeper 0 chloro..

legendaries: rime / earthen renewal.
    -6% damage, shields, and every 6s you heal yourself with earthen renewal.
    0 points chloro and still get the -5% damage to caster..total damage mitigation =11% + you heal yourself...

rotation normal 61 arb, but hits earthen renewal every 6s, or you can use it to heal the dps who are being baddies.. bonus crystal barrier, so thats cool too.
    You also pick up +6% health and potentially a Crystal Barrier to put on someone. The Frost Keeper build is especially strong if you're healed by a Puri and tanking a single boss. If you are tanking a large group of mobs or have an attack than can be dodged that causes raid damage the Harb variant may be better, or for that matter if you are healed by a Frost Keeper.
    Last edited by Gunian; 03-14-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunian View Post
    You also pick up +6% health and potentially a Crystal Barrier to put on someone. The Frost Keeper build is especially strong if you're healed by a Puri and tanking a single boss. If you are tanking a large group of mobs or have an attack than can be dodged that causes raid damage the Harb variant may be better, or for that matter if you are healed by a Frost Keeper.
    I would think the threat multiplier on Storm Slash would be very low being it's on a non-tanking tree.

So spamming that only. I don't think you could hold threat.

On tanking skills there is a hidden threat added to them. Where as other attacks off other trees do not.

It maybe the same damage wise. But threat it will not even be close.

I don't see this holding threat on the 800k+ DPSers.

But I could be wrong. I could happen. Not in my life time, but I could

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    I would think the threat multiplier on Storm Slash would be very low being it's on a non-tanking tree.

So spamming that only. I don't think you could hold threat.

On tanking skills there is a hidden threat added to them. Where as other attacks off other trees do not.

It maybe the same damage wise. But threat it will not even be close.

I don't see this holding threat on the 800k+ DPSers.

But I could be wrong. I could happen. Not in my life time, but I could
    Threat would never be an issue even with a terrible offsoul choice. For any class. As long as you're 61 points into the tank soul and you can play your class correctly, you won't lose aggro. You could not put points into offsouls and aggro still wouldn't be a problem
    Nixia@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread