+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 4.0 SFP Harb leveling Guide!

Default 4.0 SFP Harb leveling Guide! ~The Nasty~

Hello,
    I wanted to write up a quick guide on the spec that works best for me while solo leveling from 65-70. I am not stating this is hands down the best spec in the word but, it does great and is awesome for leveling/solo game play.

Updated 1/5/17 - Added some updates with recent changes.

4.0 Starfall Prophecy Harb Solo/Leveling guide!

~The Nasty~
    The Spec: 54 Harb / 16 Chloro / 6 Stormcaller:
    54 harb / 16 chloro / 6 stormcaller
    You could change the 6 points from stormcaller to something else if you wanted, I just like the added damage & damage reduction plus the little extra aoe. The heart of the build is the 54 harb / 16 chloro.

Higher Damage Build with less healing. (Maril's Build)
    61 harb/8 chloro/7 arbiter

The 65 point mastery is pretty much you're choice. I go with Arcane Manipulation for more damage. But if you want extra healing pick up phantom stream.

Legendary abilities:
    Level 66: Bloom (chloro)
    Level 67: Piercing Beam (Harb)
    Level 68: Vengeful Shock (Harb)
    Level 69: Reaper's Blade (Harb)
    Level 70: Radiant Spores (Chloro)

Buff's:
    Lifegiving Veil
    Reapers Blade
    Eldritch Armor
    Lighting Blade (you wont be able to use this buff until you're level 69 with legendary Reaper's Blade)

Spam Macro:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast [notactive] charged blade
    cast Bloom
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast ruin
    cast Rending Slash
    cast arcane manipulation
    cast Introspection
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast conditioned response

Proc Macro:
    #show nature's touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast nature's touch
    cast vile spores

Other Abilities to use

Piercing Beam: +20% dmg & healing for 10 sec's. Keep this up at all times. (Only when legendary)
    Blazing Light: dot, keep it active at all times and refresh it with lucent slash.
    Tempest Winds: Good damage, Use while dots up, no proc's available and vorpal slash is on CD.
    Bloom: does great single target & AOE damage, as well as heal. Use it often! (Only when legendary)
    Withering Veins: dot + minor heals. Use if extra healing is needed.
    Radiant Spores: Pre-pull, if extra healing is needed, does not cause agro.
    Essence of Wind: +40% dodge & +50 movement speed buff, 15 sec. use as needed.
    Blademark: For dual targets, dot up main target then apply this to second target.
    There are some other abilities that are nice to use, these are just the basics.

AOE:
    Cast Blazing Light & Living Storm then spam Lucent Slash. Cast Bloom for extra dmg & heals.

My rotation / How i pull:
    Open with Blazing Light > Piercing Beam > Spam Macro > Proc macro (when it proc's) Keep dots up, Use Tempest Winds when dots are up and vorpal slash is on CD. Use withering veins & Bloom as needed.

This is the spec i have used to level so far in SFP and it has worked great for me! Again, im not claiming this is the best build for leveling, just what works good for me and i wanted to share it with the community.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dayzed; 01-07-2017 at 01:18 AM.

That sure is a lot of unnecessary healing.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    That sure is a lot of unnecessary healing.
    works good for me. and are you playing SFP? Killing elites? Doesn't seem to be enough on some mobs.
    Last edited by dayzed; 11-20-2016 at 07:53 PM.

For leveing i would normally play harb because it my favourite mage soul has been since SL, normally i would just go for what ever is the highest 61 point Harb build at the time, but this time i may have gone in the wrong zone first (level 66-67 zone) and was taking a bit more damage so i used:
    61harb/13chloro/2ele
    remember that 61 harb gives you stealth for escaping if near death, and also EA gives you more damage and also less damage taken while up.
    Bloom and conditional response is enough to heal with LGV, remember to interrupt and stun mobs to take less damage.
    if not use withering for lil more heals, if still struggling then go 3 points in lock and take legendary Life Leech as it will appear on vile spores casts, so more heals from Spores and heals from LL.

Now i've gone back to the zone i should be starting in 65-66 zone, mobs are to easy even in expert 65 gear, may just go back to DPS build of Harb again to skill stuff quicker.

But if i get bored of playing harb i just go into a nuke spec like Pyro as mob die's before it gets to me.

If still find it hard to stay alive then just go into a pet spec and let the pet tank for you.
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 11-21-2016 at 04:06 AM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

I've been running with 54 Harb/14 Arb/8 Chloro. With this build, I rarely have to stop to drink, so I have very little downtime while questing.

Extra defense and health requires less time using cooldowns and heals. That, and Legendary Galvanic Strike, if used at max charge, is +25% damage for 30 seconds. Combine that with Legendary Piercing Beam, and Legendary Reapers' Blade.

Conditioned Response + Vile Spore procs + withering Vines + Radiant Spores provides plenty of healing. Aqueous Blessing gives a straight 3% reduction in damage, and with the Arbiter gift bonuses of +28% armor, +14% health and resistances, you can tank enemies a lot easier.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Like i said, there are other options. The build i posted has worked great for me. No down time at all and decent dmg. I used the lock off soul with life leech as someone also said, worked good as well but ended up liking strom better.

Alfiexx you get storm shroud at 58 points.

Sword of Telara

Update 07.01.17:
    Trion changed Legendary Bloom it does not consume a Proc but also has no lower Global Cooldown and Legendary Piercing Beam has been updated (20% more damage and healing for 30 sec) is now also quite useful.

I prefer the Legendary Bloom in every level because you can survive/kill large groups with this ability.

Level 65 - 8 Points in Chloro was enough healing for me. 54 Harbinger also works great but you missing Empyrean Ascension and Storm Shroud as an escape tool.

Level 66 - 9 Points in Chloro with Legendary Bloom (great DPS and heal with the 5 x Vile Spores Effect)

Level 67 - 9 Points in Chloro with Legendary Bloom and Legendary Empyrean Ascension

Level 68 - 61Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaller with Legendary Bloom, Legendary Empyrean Ascension, Legendary Vengeful Shock or Legendary Piercing Beam.

I personally prefer the the Harbinger/Chloro/Stormcaller variant before level 70, you missing the 25 % dmg Buff from Legendary Galvanic Strike here but the +10 % Spellpower in combination with the other legendary abilities compensates for this with Level 66-69.

With Level 70:
    61 Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Arbiter
    Legendary Galvanic Strike, Legendary Bloom, Legendary Empyrean Ascension, Legendary Vengeful Shock

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-07-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post
    Like i said, there are other options. The build i posted has worked great for me. No down time at all and decent dmg. I used the lock off soul with life leech as someone also said, worked good as well but ended up liking strom better.

Alfiexx you get storm shroud at 58 points.
    Then you didn't read the AND, going 54 missing BOTH skills, no reason anymore not to go 61 for EA tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    remember that 61 harb gives you stealth for escaping if near death, and also EA gives you more damage and also less damage taken while up.
    And also why not list all the options so people can choose?
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 11-22-2016 at 09:24 AM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Rift Disciple

The spec I used to level to 70 was 61 harb, 8 chloro, 7 fk. it originated from the 54 harb build which ended up being tweaked for pvp but for sfp with the legendaries I pretty much use this is I'm by myself which is most of the time other wise I go with a different harb build.

61 harb is key for harb dps and damage reduction. Im strongly opposed to this spec for missing both dps and damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    61 harb is key for harb dps and damage reduction. Im strongly opposed to this spec for missing both dps and damage reduction.
    The loss of EA for damage reduction is made up 10x more with the large amount of heals you gain for going deeper into chloro. So you're losing damage, for a lot more survivability. This spec also works 10x better for duo/grouping then going full 61 harb.

Its a build for a different play style.

But slam my build, and go post a guide thats poorly put together. lol good one.
    Last edited by dayzed; 11-25-2016 at 03:39 PM.

Sword of Telara

The nice thing about Rift is that it invites you to experiment. For leveling, it is not necessary to play the the one ultimate build. As you can see in this thread, everyone has found his own way and has become Level 70 anyway. Such variants of game styles are wonderful, many other MMORPGs do not have that in this form.

I think this different kind of playing styles was the basic idea behind the Legendary abilities so we can at least enjoy the level process until we are again forced into a cookie cutter build.
    Last edited by Bamul; 11-26-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    The nice thing about Rift is that it invites you to experiment. For leveling, it is not necessary to play the the one ultimate build. As you can see in this thread, everyone has found his own way and has become Level 70 anyway. Such variants of game styles are wonderful, many other MMORPGs do not have that in this form.

I think this different kind of playing styles was the basic idea behind the Legendary abilities so we can at least enjoy the level process until we are again forced into a cookie cutter build.
    Well said good sir.

Thank you very much, I was getting slaughtered by the elites in my old pyromancer buid so I went ahead and tried this one out. Works like a charm for me.
    Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

Rift Disciple

Just a thank you for a nice leveling build, I've tried several and this one worked the best for me soloing through the zones... few people claiming too much healing but in my experience it was right amount most of the time. Excellent build, thanks!

Edit: A couple simple kalerts to show how long your piercing beam/blazing light have left and if they're currently up or not.

Code:
    KA::A3ODteNqdjz1rwzAQhv+Kl06FVCcrFeYm+asUnDoEdTMYOVYdgesGxYtLf3zPiYcG2iHlNIj
    T6bn3KWxnh9b4Kdg66/du6ILYmncE1HjszWQ9XXMqjcUfo4pHUcQ5ewwTYExlAtnyh1Ht3NuIqRn
    NQ/X6XJnG9W6carf/GE7VwfiGMNbXx4VYN0Rcte0JAUCgZAwlnw+s1gS95+wuSDdPqMttkr3obEf
    N8xpaySmjxrjUutwsjyGjTgjnKPlX3JvPOXXhusP4m+H1gMqVTHm8VgJEApGU//BqLsS6n4k/vKS
    49oLZ6zYtkBetb9Mzhzk
    Last edited by Shadus; 12-25-2016 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Kalerts Set

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast