+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mage Guide Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    I have a bothered, it is in my thread, it is linked in the thread, in the link is the specs. It has always been there.
    You have a semi guide in your post and a link to another guide, which you can't edit.

Some people might think that when you comment on Seatin helping you it's actually for what's written below and not the linked guide. As proved by Eunichman post.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    You have a semi guide in your post and a link to another guide, which you can't edit.

Some people might think that when you comment on Seatin helping you it's actually for what's written below and not the linked guide. As proved by Eunichman post.
    I can get it edited any time I need it edited =PP

I will try to make it even more clear that there is a link to be clicked =P
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Walker

Nice list but I would suggest moving Dominator and Necromancer under the support heading, or newbies might think they are meant to do as much dps as true dps souls

And/or move Harbinger and Necromancer to a new Solo Adventuring or Leveling Up header, because newbies allllways asking about what spec to level up with

Also the Harbinger calculator link goes to a warlock build.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    Nice list but I would suggest moving Dominator and Necromancer under the support heading, or newbies might think they are meant to do as much dps as true dps souls

And/or move Harbinger and Necromancer to a new Solo Adventuring or Leveling Up header, because newbies allllways asking about what spec to level up with

Also the Harbinger calculator link goes to a warlock build.
    Maybe dom to support but not necro. Currently it does decent dps. Not top but decent, and red hawk is working to buff ir again. Most people haven't tried it because they think it will suck. If well played, you can do good dps and some support to tour tank and heals. If low dos is an argument to move it to support, then ele and harb should be moved too, since they do a lot les than necro.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post

And/or move Harbinger and Necromancer to a new Solo Adventuring or Leveling Up header, because newbies allllways asking about what spec to level up with.
    I wasn't happy with how I listed them to being with, having damage and support with specs that can be in both at the same time.

So I've changed the format to be more informative and hopefully more helpful.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

let me see, Stormlock - Stormalist (i dont rememeber exactly the name) are Nerfed Because Storm Locus Change?

And Now It's Harb > Pyro > Lock?

Phs

Stormalist hasn't been nerfed at all. The locus changes do not affect it.
    and lol stormlock has been **** for a long time now. It's been nerfed twice already?
    Last edited by Phs; 07-15-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Technically it was only viable in the first place thanks to the bug that was fixed.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Phs

I don't understand why you've clogged your compendium with useless hybrids. Your other class compendiums aren't nearly as bad. The DPS section should just be: 61Harb, 54Harb, Pyro, Stormalist, Warlock, Necro, Stormcaller, Dominator, and maybe Ele. I just really don't think it's fair or helpful to list trash specs and dance like they're at all ever useful.

-Stormbinger (your ice>rage>ice spec) and Necrobinger are both "bad" without the 1s gcd.
    -Elemancer is just not good enough
    -Feedbackcaller doesn't work any more since Voltaic was given a cooldown.
    -Soulstorm and Stormlock are not good any more. Especially Stormlock, jesus it's been nerfed 1, 2, 3 times now.
    -Necrolist, Cineromancer, and Pyrobinger just because it hybrids doesn't mean it's worth being listed.

Also Arbiter spec is like 6SC/9Harb or 7SC/8Harb. Living Storm is useful aoe threat. Eventually everybody will agree dodge > 3k hp in most situations.

Nobody has made a guide for it but 40ch/33ha/3sc, 40ch/36ha/0, 41ha/32ch/3sc, 41ha/26ch/9sc or some variant on Chloro Harb should probably be listed. It is at least useful on some fights.

Default ARE there any Chloro Healing updates ?

I have been following along with Deew's Chloro guild but because the last edit date on the page posted in his link is from last year, it is a concern that updates to it have not included anything for the NT 3.0 or higher content.

I would really like to see if there are changes that improve the Chloro healing since last year.

According to the webpage here is the latest Rift version and date edited:

RIFT 2.8 61 Chloromancer Guide Mage Healing

AUGUST 25, 2014 | POSTED IN CLASSES, MAGE, RIFT GUIDES | COMMENTS:

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I have been following along with Deew's Chloro guild but because the last edit date on the page posted in his link is from last year, it is a concern that updates to it have not included anything for the NT 3.0 or higher content.

I would really like to see if there are changes that improve the Chloro healing since last year.

According to the webpage here is the latest Rift version and date edited:

RIFT 2.8 – 61 Chloromancer Guide – Mage Healing

AUGUST 25, 2014 | POSTED IN CLASSES, MAGE, RIFT GUIDES | COMMENTS:
    Nothing has changed.

Masteries allow you to refresh radiant spores w/ vile spores and ruin, so you do not have to manually re-apply it. Other than that, everything in the guide is current and up to day.

----- Yes I know, I know.... tank healing guide to be soon....
    Last edited by Deeew; 08-17-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Phs

It was last updated 3/3/15. That was five months ago. This is the thread. Not even half a year.
    Last edited by Phs; 08-17-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    It was last updated 3/3/15. That was five months ago. This is the thread. Not even half a year.
    If you follow that thread and click on the link provided there, that one takes you to the exact page I posted with the same older edit date and Rift version number.

I was hoping that the guide posted by Seaton with Deew's Chloro guide itself would have been updated. I have that bookmarked and it is much easier than searching through all the forum threads trying to find anything newer.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 08-17-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Nothing has changed.

Masteries allow you to refresh radiant spores w/ vile spores and ruin, so you do not have to manually re-apply it. Other than that, everything in the guide is current and up to day.

----- Yes I know, I know.... tank healing guide to be soon....
    I do appreciate your guide. Although I still have trouble tank healing, I do much better in large groups as long as I stick to just the AoE healing with MO individual heals for those taking more damage.

I still am curious though I cannot find anything conclusive about my concern, if you focus target the boss and have Target of Target setup, does the boss's target receive any extra heals?

Since Chloro needs to damage to heal, that was something that has been floating around in my brain for some time. Perhaps it has been covered somewhere, but I a cannot tell if it works.

Any thoughts or information on this?

If you follow that thread and click on the link provided there, that one takes you to the exact page I posted with the same older edit date and Rift version number.

I was hoping that the guide posted by Seaton with Deew's Chloro guide itself would have been updated. I have that bookmarked and it is much easier than searching through all the forum threads trying to find anything newer.
    No, that Seatin link has not been updated since it was created. It is up to date, nothing has changed w/ chloro to redact anything on that guide...

The forums guide I update constantly w/ specs, videos, tips, etc. That is where I answer the questions from others, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast