+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Quick Necromancer Guide

Telaran

Necro is currently very buggy and awaiting patches to hit Live. Not getting your 10 DC stacks, Leg Condemn reverting and not being legendary anytime you change zones/shards. Leg Soul Bond not applying its 120% bonus at random...

Running a pure AoE rotation you can still get away with; but as for any kind of worthwhile ST... the only time that's viable until it gets patched is to respec your soul in the same zone/shard you have a dummy in, and go parse on the dummy. In my experience thus far, encountering any kind of loading screen breaks the soul even further.

Default necro 2k18

hey fellas wanna know if necro is atm viable compared to the other mage speccs ?! hope someone answer on this old thread

Quote Originally Posted by runewankenobi View Post
    hey fellas wanna know if necro is atm viable compared to the other mage speccs ?! hope someone answer on this old thread
    Nope, still terrible
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

No.
    For open world content / solo, harbinger is the way to go and is more efficient.
    For dpsing ele/pyro, pyro, or anathema are better.
    The only use of necro in actual raid content is for the second boss of Bastion of Steel, with soul bond damage reduction on tanks (61 necro/11 chloro variants plus 4 points in ele or archon)

Default feels bad

ah ok im currently running warlock but i wanna play serious necro... still come back after over a year...its sad i dont remember when necro was the last time viable as dps specc(i know at crucia on tf but there he wasnt taken as dps specc)

11 Warlock / 4 Ele is probably the highest damage variant for Necro, was playing around in it today and was doing almost as much dps as Ele.

My gear is pretty trash since I can barely play, and barely want to anymore, it probably preforms worse at higher gear levels or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    11 Warlock / 4 Ele is probably the highest damage variant for Necro, was playing around in it today and was doing almost as much dps as Ele.

My gear is pretty trash since I can barely play, and barely want to anymore, it probably preforms worse at higher gear levels or something.
    61 Necro/11 Warlock/4 Ele is surprisingly pretty good. He's a bit behind Warlock, Ele and Pyro for me but I'm not sure if I play the Necro correctly. For example, I don't use Possession no idea if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    61 Necro/11 Warlock/4 Ele is surprisingly pretty good. He's a bit behind Warlock, Ele and Pyro for me but I'm not sure if I play the Necro correctly. For example, I don't use Possession no idea if it's worth it.
    From all my previous 4.0 testing it's not worth it anymore, unless you're possessing the mage pet for AoE, even if you min/max it, it'll likely just be less behind, still not on par.

It's still a niche spec that can almost dps, with a link and purge, so unlikely to be used in a raid environments, but a pretty solid solo and dungeon spec.
    Also nerf bards.

Now that I have my Eternal fully upgraded (rl gets in the way) I'll throw some necro info in here.

Spec: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...BlaGay/hf|PLPw
    Legendary Essence Link, Plague Bolt and Condemn
    Legendary Neddra's Grasp
    Legendary Elemental Forces

Necro Parse:
    Quick Necromancer Guide-eternalnecroparse.png
    For reference with my current (not so impressive) gear my other parses are
    Harb: 950k - 1mil
    Ele: 1.0 - 1.05mil
    Pyro: 1.05 - 1.1mil

There's an easy way and a more difficult way to play Necro, with a difference of only about ~30k dps, the difference lies in how you refresh Condemn. You can refresh it in your spam macro, or refresh it manually.

Macros:

#show Plague Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cancelbuff Lich Form
    cast Elemental Forces
    cast Putrify
    cast @self Arcane Manipulation
    cast Parasite
    //cast Condemn -> Remove the '//' if you wish to play the easy way.
    cast Plague Bolt
    petattack

(Not needed if you're using Condemn in the spam macro)
    #show Condemn
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Lich Form
    cast Condemn

It's possible to refresh Condemn manually without using Lich Form for a minimal dps loss as it means extra charge/dps for Elemental Forces, however your mana will severely suffer.

Rotation is just keeping Essence Link, Dark Touch and Condemn up while using the spam macro. If using Lich Form, wait until your gcd is almost up to avoid consuming more charge than necessary before refreshing Condemn.

**Condemn dps/overall dps can vary depending on if your pets properly build Deathly Calling stacks, which they like to not do.
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Master

I played around with the spec, Necro does pretty good damage on the Practice Dummy but in a raid the Necro scales badly and suffers from target changes

My equipment

Hi Bamu, looking at your pet's damage, are you using Possession ?

Soulwalker

Default necromancer

what are the legendary skills

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    Hi Bamu, looking at your pet's damage, are you using Possession ?
    I don't use Possession. I'm using infection with an eternal weapon proc to increase the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dien46 View Post
    what are the legendary skills
    Look at Bamu's parse and you have the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I don't use Possession. I'm using infection with an eternal weapon proc to increase the damage.
    OK ! thanx !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast