+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Deew's Chloro Guide

Default Deew's Chloro Guide

With the support of the community, I have finally gotten around to making a semi-decent chloro guide.

The build

Legendaries:

Bloom - Healing Torrent - Living Aegis
    Rime
    Piercing Beam

Entropic Veil Toggle

Combos

Boon of Life + Travel Time

Combine all 3 theories into one rotation

The links above are my newly created tutorial videos. They show the basic concepts of how I heal, and the various methods involved. I attempted to keep them semi-advanced, so those who are new to chloro can understand, as well as those who are well experienced chloros may gain a few new bits of knowledge.

I hope y'all enjoy!

Update:
    Below is my kalert set for chloro. Enjoy!

Spoiler!

Update:
    Chloro masteries!

Level 61 - Only one choice to make
    - Bulwark of Souls - Vile spores and Ruin refresh your active Radiant Spores. Will also spread radiant spores to other targets.

Level 62 - Only one choice to make
    - Healing Expertise - Increase your healing done and absorption granted by 5%.

Level 63 - Three choices to make
    - Eldritch Swiftness - Reduces cooldown of Natrual Splendor by 60s and allows it to be cast while moving.
    ---Great for trash packs, and fights when you are facing multiple enemies. Shorter cooldown and move while channeling, situational.

- Coalesced Resolve - When casting a combat resurrection, the revived ally has a 100% of their health returned and receive 30% less damage for 5s. This effect ends if they use a combat ability.
    ---Great for raids and experts - Rez a player at 100% health and reduce 30% less damage for 5 seconds. The go-to mastery for raiding.

- Mental Cynosure - Increases mana regen by 10%. Increases charge gain by 10%. Using a single target cleanse to remove an effect from an ally applies an additional Cleanse to the same ally after 3 seconds.
    ---Another good mastery for leveling, grinding experts, or raids where there is a cleanse mechanic on a single person. Increases mana regen *wooptie doo* and increases charge gain by 10%, which is great for non-instant abilities. Any ability with +9 charge will not be boosted thanks to math, but all others will gain charge. Cleanse is the main benefit from this mastery as you can handle single target cleanse mechanics easier.

Level 64 - Two choice to make
    * If few targets, tank healing more than raid healing, or find yourself using Withing Vine more than once every 16 seconds because of movement or combos; sparkling destruction for the dps gain becomes worth it. If multiple targets are present, or raid healing more than tank healing with low movement; use Calculated Annihilation.

- Calculated Annihilation - Increases the duration of Withering Vine by 100%.

- Sparkling Destruction - Damaging single target instant abilities apply a stack of Sparkling Destruction. The stacks explode after reaching 3 stacks, dealing damage to the enemy.

Level 65 - Two choices to make
    - Phantom Stream - 1 min cooldown - Restores health to the ally equal to 50% of the mage's maximum health each second. Lats 3 seconds. Can move while channeling.
    ---My personal favorite from this level, it is a channeled heal which heals for quite a lot. No debuff means this can be channeled by multiple people.

- Mending Response - 1 min cooldown - Causes damage taken to heal the ally for 30% of the damage taken. Lasts 5s. Applys a debuff to target which prevents other like-abilities from being applied for 1 min.
    ---Another good one which depending on the fight, can generate more heals than phantom stream. Has a debuff associated with it, so cannot be chain cast by multiple people. Normally will leave this mastery up to the tank to use on themselves.

Update 8/17/15

Tank Healing

Although I do not have a video made, lets touch on the basics.

Void life - The bread and butter of the rotation, replaces Vile spores.

Natures Touch - Will be traditionally held for 4 or 5 stacks in tank healing, used in reaction to damage to heal the tank.

Corrosive Spores - Will be held and used in reaction to damage to heal the tank. Unlike raid healing where you use it on cool-down to take advantage of the dot ticks, CS is used for the initial tick most commonly in tank healing. Small situations can merit the use of CS on cool-down, like in big trash packs for example Empyrean Core. If there are 4+ mobs, you can use CS on cool-down, otherwise save for reaction based healing.

Ruin - Will be held and use din reaction to damage to heal the tank. Has a added bonus of being the main way of refreshing radiant spores in tank healing, as vile spores should very very rarely be used. Heals twice, once from initial hit, once from the dot tick.

Vile Spores - Very rarely to be used as tank healing. If you are tank healing with vile spores, consider using LGV to heal instead.

Withering Vine - Low priority in tank healing, used as the AoE heal for the group/raid more than for the tank.

Symbiosis - See written guide link above.

Entropic Veil - Has a different way of being used compared to raid healing, where the up time is quite high. For tank healing you may feel like you can drop it for void life channels, however make sure u have it on for the big hitters (Natures Touch, CS, Ruin, Bloom, Etc.)
    Back in "The Day" (which was a Wednesday), you could toggle off EV during VL channel and it would maintain the healing bonus. This is no longer the case (since 1.11) and if you toggle off EV during VL all you will maintain is the damage bonus portion of EV. However if you do toggle off during the channel, you will not gain charge per tick.
    Knowing when to use EV and when not to use EV in Tank Healing is something that takes time, knowledge of the encounter, and confidence in your tank/other healers. If damage is light, toggle it off for VL and gain charge from it. If damage is heavy, toggle it on and save the day.

Travel Time - Take advantage of travel time by using this opportunity to toggle EV. Launching Natures Touch, Ruin, should all be done with the toggle.

Phantom Stream - This is the go-to tank heal mastery. Toggling off EV during PS will maintain the healing bonus like void life used to, learn to love that.

Natural Splendor - Pretty powerful even in tank healing with 4+ mobs present. Example, Zilas - I always use Natural Splendor after the beam, after symbiosis wore off, with all those skeletons there. Heals for mucho to tank and raid.
    Last edited by Deeew; 01-27-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Love it love it love it!

~Kabloom@Wolfsbane
    Last edited by Popolairis; 09-17-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Thanks, this guide is extremely useful. I also feel terrible about myself because I've been doing it wrong.
    (Down for now) [ NA Zone Events] [ EU Zone Events]

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post
    Thanks, this guide is extremely useful. I also feel terrible about myself because I've been doing it wrong.
    Thanks for the feedback =D

Never too late to fix your ways and get comfortable with this way of doing things!

Remember: Don't expect to watch my guides and be able to go into a raid and do what I do. It will take time on a dummy to practice and to retrain your muscle memory, especially when it comes to the EV toggling.

Start on a practice dummy in a dimension. Then move to PvP/GHRifts/Strongholds and finally expert dungeons. When you feel most comfortable with the new way of doing things, then you can bring your new skills to the raids.

Otherwise you risk of actually performing worse than normal if you do not practice before raiding.

Shadowlander

Amazing guide
    Easiest thing for me to follow atm is Combos.
    I'm not too sure if chloros are used as tank healers anymore ( since I see most chloros are given the raid healing job) but , Is there any tank healing version of this ? ( for combos,ev toggle , etc )
    is void life spam then using NT, CS & Ruin when tank is taking heavy dmg just good enough for tank healing that I don't need to bother much?
    or do most pro Chloro just veil swap :P ?

This is a stupid question but meh , I know that Void life is mostly used for tank healing.But is it bad if I use it to build boon of life stack during raid healing ?

one more question xD this is not really related much to the guide but if anyone have tried chloro in PTS, did masteries change the gameplay of chloro ?

I've embedded the videos in the guide on the site by the way Deew!

Thanks once again for the amazing work on the Chloro guide!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Shadowlander

A very nice and special guide. This taught me so many things about chloro that I didn't know. I have been practising them quite a fair bit and its working great. The entropic veil toggling helped so much in boosting HPS.

I have a question though, do you perform those combos (vile spores + insta) on all raid encounters or only on high HPS check fights like toxilua? Do you cast bloom or resurgence on some party members in 10-man raids like GA? I struggled quite a bit when healing in salv and kyzan as those are highly mobile fights.

Quote Originally Posted by wjyeap4391 View Post
    A very nice and special guide. This taught me so many things about chloro that I didn't know. I have been practising them quite a fair bit and its working great. The entropic veil toggling helped so much in boosting HPS.

I have a question though, do you perform those combos (vile spores + insta) on all raid encounters or only on high HPS check fights like toxilua? Do you cast bloom or resurgence on some party members in 10-man raids like GA? I struggled quite a bit when healing in salv and kyzan as those are highly mobile fights.
    The combos are for when you need big burst of heals.
    As an exemple, Regulos Crash of Souls or Vanquish the Weak are both instances of where you would need such combos.

Bloom and Resurgence for GA are your spot heals. For Salvarola, Resurgence is great for healing up people with the spark (Forgot the debuff name). Bloom in case their health drop too significantly.
    For Kyzan, it's good to use for someone who got hit by a phase rip (Even if no one should get hit by them in the first place)
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by wjyeap4391 View Post

Thanks for your feedback!

I am constantly doing combos as a basis for my "rotation", as damage happens in raids, and as healing is required.

I will use whatever I have to in 10 mans to heal party members; that includes bloom, resurgence, essence surge, and symbiosis. There is no rule which states that these heals must be saved for tanks. Whatever it takes to keep people alive.

Soulwalker

Default Chloro Kalert

Deew, care to share that KAlert?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquintasii View Post
    Deew, care to share that KAlert?
    Which kalert would you like? all of my kalerts?

Soulwalker

I can't seem to get the Boon of Life to appear with a stack like you have. Also the living storm as well.

I can't seem to get the Boon of Life to appear with a stack like you have. Also the living storm as well.
    Boon of life
    Code:
    KA:Boon of Life:ajnBxeNotjcEKwjAQRH+lX1A3FNPCnqpJQRAPJd4KIbYJBEsiJghF/Hc3IjO
    H3WF2HzJU+FjNZp9YxoF0iDFU0VVn7yz2g5BCMM6BcdFz0SJQsdSANHqXUZhsdtP1NJmbX33etJ9
    jSNNK50kv9hWzj0EDq5clIYMGsIMOG14Mdbunf++UzXxPHzzKi5IjJeQCoHJh/WPaFPIfe/gCiuI
    2uA
    Living Storm
    Code:
    KA:Living Storm:abDG3eNotjsEKgzAQRH+lX2A3VK0yJ6sGCqUHa2+CpDVKwCYlBiF/Xw3lLez
    sMDALhhbfWXhpIyfsJB0Y+Oa1uKlV6enwcMZ+UCRU8ZIll6wq4pLyBBSCfNuERo0OlXDi2D2vnXi
    pWTnfq7fRSye1tJPvzSrtbMTAomFYkBPhnKeIs33YBsr63tbNrljgROGLvx2uNNTxH9ZDNaI
    I hope this shows correctly in the post

Soulwalker

Works perfectly. I had combat only checked. Thanks much Deew!

Works perfectly. I had combat only checked. Thanks much Deew!
    Cheers glad I was able to help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast