+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Ahov's Chloromancer Guide (2.5)

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    ok lets say i want flicker because lets be honest here a build without blink is just sub par in every aspect. (*sarcasm sign*)
    how much worse is this than the 8pyro/7harb spec?

http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=2885

shouldnt be that much behind it right?
    i mean i already have an AP and a 10necro/5harb spec. i usually dont heal but every once in a while someones missing.
    since i maily dps/arch im at the cp cap and id like to play around with the pyro version+flicker but i dont want to lose too much just for having a blink.
    You are sacrificing much spell power for that crutch of a flicker. If u are at CP cap you will do ok, you shouldn't be "too" far behind other chloros, your skill will come into play more then your spec variation.
    I wouldn't recommend the spec, but, it will not hinder your toooooooo much, especially if u are at the CP cap.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

RIFT Guide Writer

yeah i know its probably not worth it but i just looove me some flicker ;) im also that guy that gets planar retreat in every harbchon spec.
    the +5m range you gain in comparison to the 10necro/5harb spec are pretty nice too.
    and by cp cap i mean the 1194 before greater cp proc + banner + bufffood, im slightly below that with my chloro trinket but it should still be sufficient to make the pyro version work.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Just don't stand at 35m dpsing the boss and expect to heal anyone on the other side of the boss (such as the tank).
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

For the Necromancer variants your want to use the Lesser Skeletal Zealot for more Dps, it doesn't trigger Veil heals but its better than not have one up.
    Though don't actively use Necrosis or Desecrate.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-22-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

max level 30 tho? can it even hit anything?

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    max level 30 tho? can it even hit anything?
    The pet gains your amount of Hit.
    So if you can hit it, the pet can hit it.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-22-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

This guide got me successfully healing experts on my fresh-60, crappily-geared mage alt in about 5 minutes, while giving me a framework to learn more (there are some thought-provoking comments by others in this thread, too).

Just want to toss out a quick thanks to Ahov. This is another great guide.

I like the way the guides give the reader everything they need to know without spoon-feeding them spam macros. It's a nice balance, Ahov.

Shield of Telara

lvl 30 pets are sub 70 dps assuming they don't die which makes them essentially worthless unless you need the deathly calling stacks for desecrate dps.

A better reason to use the pet would be if you're planning on using the synergy trick for higher uptime on entropic veil, but honestly that's more effort than I really care to put into chloro and is 10x more useful on specs like necrobinger where you can still gain charge with charged blade active. From a pure dps standpoint starting a fight with full charge and 5 stacks of Healing balance would provide much higher dps than a lvl 30 pets auto attack ever will.

Soulwalker

As a chloro, what sort of greater essence stat should i be looking for?

"Healing and Absorb abilities have a chance to increase Spell Power or Attack Power by x for 20 seconds."

or

"Damaging abilities have a chance to increase Spell Power or Attack Power by x for 20 seconds."

BiS greaters for chloros are one Nefarious (healing and absorb abilities have a chance to increase your targets attack and spell power by X for 20 seconds) and one Tidesource (Healing and Absorb abilities have a chance to increase spell power or attack power by X for 20 seconds).
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Telaran

Hitting this thread a little late, so first off thanks for all the help.

I am a bit confused though. Forgive me if I missed this being addressed, however I didn't see the chance in the OP. You said that LBV spec was 61 Chloro/10 Necro/5 Harb yet you keep saying to use "Void life" and even said

"Void Life - Your "spam" ability in LBV, listed in the normal priorities. This skill is not used in LGV."

Am I missing something? Is it just a spelling error or am I not reading something correctly?

Ascendant

LBV= life bound veil
    LGV= life giving veil

vile spores is for LGV
    Void life is LBV

Telaran

No, i'm dumb... I was thinking Void Life was Life leech.

Forget I mentioned anything lol. Sorry about that.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    BiS greaters for chloros are one Nefarious (healing and absorb abilities have a chance to increase your targets attack and spell power by X for 20 seconds) and one Tidesource (Healing and Absorb abilities have a chance to increase spell power or attack power by X for 20 seconds).
    I've read elsewhere that it's better to stack two nefarious greaters and that the tidesource was bugged when it was buffing the raid. How do the two setups compare?

Shadowlander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast