+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Quick Warlock Guide

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Tired of seeing bad mages on this forum try to teach others how to be as bad as they are... Your specs are WRONG, just flat out wrong, sorry but they are and you're bad for not knowing that.
    I lul so hurd every time I see this guy post. Half of his comments are along the lines of 'if your not performing at 101% efficiency then you suck and should just go die.' Meanwhile, most of the things he suggest doing are flat out horrible. How is that ... "Empowered Darkness > Conflux> Life Leech > DoTs > Void Barrage" opening rotation you recommended in your guide working out for you? Or what about putting Neddra's Grasp into your spam macro?

For further clarification on the specs I have 1 INT to 2.1 SP and just over 1k CP the Chloro variant yields ~800 DPS more as well as more consistent DPS.
    I will server transfer, give you all of my stuff, and quit Rift forever if you can show me legit act parses of chloro being consistently 800 dps higher than harb.

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Just tried Warlock on Volan (were really early on our progression, the first full raid day) and in the first phase its awesome.
    Youre right, spreading on the adds isnt that usefull but you can perfectly keep the dots up on both legs if youre used to it. Its still a hassle to play especially when he turns but im getting better at it.

The problem is im not sure if it gets outdpsed too much once youre on the platforms. Harb theoretically should do more up there shouldnt it?
    The point of using Lock on volan, IMO, is the platforms.

Harb is insane on the ground floor, with EA+BM and SN cleaving both legs, bursting as high as 45-50k and can easily end the ground phase greater than 30k(using Rift Meter, excluding friendlyfire dmg). Problem is when you go upstairs lucent slash doesn't reach to refresh BL and TW often breaks any time Volan moves to do one of his casts. You can phantomblades every other TW, but between that, BL issues, jumping around and holding EA for only 6-7secs of burst on the head you end up doing pretty pitiful sustained damage up top.

Lock, obviously, will be less bursty but will hold the same numbers by the end of the ground phase. Radiating to Malignant Scions helps, just be careful not to radiate too much to Malignant Broods. Between 2 locks, 2 bds and whatever else you might have it can be easy to accidently kill some broods which might lead to less than a 10stack of debuff on the leg. On the platforms, and especially sub 50 it should easily out preform Harb.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    I lul so hurd every time I see this guy post. Half of his comments are along the lines of 'if your not performing at 101% efficiency then you suck and should just go die.' Meanwhile, most of the things he suggest doing are flat out horrible. How is that ... "Empowered Darkness > Conflux> Life Leech > DoTs > Void Barrage" opening rotation you recommended in your guide working out for you? Or what about putting Neddra's Grasp into your spam macro?

I will server transfer, give you all of my stuff, and quit Rift forever if you can show me legit act parses of chloro being consistently 800 dps higher than harb.
    Honestly the only answer is that it's an alt account and he's trying to troll for fun. /giveup

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    The point of using Lock on volan, IMO, is the platforms.

Harb is insane on the ground floor, with EA+BM and SN cleaving both legs, bursting as high as 45-50k and can easily end the ground phase greater than 30k(using Rift Meter, excluding friendlyfire dmg). Problem is when you go upstairs lucent slash doesn't reach to refresh BL and TW often breaks any time Volan moves to do one of his casts. You can phantomblades every other TW, but between that, BL issues, jumping around and holding EA for only 6-7secs of burst on the head you end up doing pretty pitiful sustained damage up top.

Lock, obviously, will be less bursty but will hold the same numbers by the end of the ground phase. Radiating to Malignant Scions helps, just be careful not to radiate too much to Malignant Broods. Between 2 locks, 2 bds and whatever else you might have it can be easy to accidently kill some broods which might lead to less than a 10stack of debuff on the leg. On the platforms, and especially sub 50 it should easily out preform Harb.
    Tbh i really dont see the point of playing harb vs Volan. Yes BM is amazing when the 1st leg drops but thats really all its good for.
    As a WL you can easily finish the first phase above 30k, i think in our whole progression (we finally killed Volan tonight, yay) i never finished below unless i somehow managed to die.
    Not sure what numbers Harb will pull over the fight but as an example heres my parse from tonight:
    http://www.hypatialogviewer.com/acto...a=Killings&v=0
    This should be the very bottom range of WL DPS. Im ok with the first phase but on the plattforms i struggled. Rarely was i confident enough to use SLD and i dropped my dots at least twice. I also didnt abuse the DMG buff enough because im quite sure that if you refresh before leaving the head you will get the buff for the remaining time on your dots.
    30k overall should easily be within range.

And were not even talking about survivability yet, if you ask me WL is the only spec you should be playing on Volan.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Tbh i really dont see the point of playing harb vs Volan.
    Yup, I agree, I was actually trying to make a case for lock>harb

Grats on your volan kill, too.

Ascendant

Rarely was i confident enough to use SLD .
    why not? not started on volan yet. don't want any nasty surprises
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    why not? not started on volan yet. don't want any nasty surprises
    The purple in/out wave on the platform before your first jump and before/after first extinquish up top each do like 22k. Granted you can easily get 32k or so in lock with just an end seal but sld+22khit+any tick of plants can easily be close to death.

What are you guys talking about. SLD is completly safe. I certainly did not kill myself with it on the kill video I posted.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    What are you guys talking about. SLD is completly safe. I certainly did not kill myself with it on the kill video I posted.

This is btw where my ED/SLD/Contaminate macro ****ed me. I got used to pressing it carefully so usually its not a problem but i had to put contaminate on my bar mid fight.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

This is btw where my ED/SLD/Contaminate macro ****ed me. I got used to pressing it carefully so usually its not a problem but i had to put contaminate on my bar mid fight.
    I was a wuss, during progression I only used SL+Contam and ran 32k hp, lol.

err.. ED+Contam, rather.

Tired of seeing bad mages on this forum try to teach others how to be as bad as they are... Your specs are WRONG, just flat out wrong, sorry but they are and you're bad for not knowing that.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Fg/ell5iGEBak8/fgJ - T2+ Gear Level - This spec is the HIGHEST DPS but you MUST have approx 1100 Crit Power & a 1 INT to 2.2 SP ratio or better OR approx 800 CP & 1 INT to 2 SP ratio or better( lower SP higher INT is better) This is currently the spec I run and not only will it yield higher DPS but a bit more passive HPS

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#fgI/ell5iGEBak8/S88 - This is the spec I recommend to those that do not meet the itemization requirements of the Chloro spec, I do not currently run this spec

The Chloro spec is also barely behind Harb if you don't meet the gear optimization requirements and is a MUCH better F2P variant than the 15 Necro you recommend, that is just garbage. You're welcome for me doing the work & testing for you, update the guide please, thx.
    The irony in calling others bad when you're making mistake after mistake and have nothing to provide your "facts" with. You're the last mage people should read a guide from
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Telaran

#show Void Bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Conflux
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Neddra's Grasp
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Desecrate
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Blazing Light

is this macro correct? Void bolt is in the middle and has no cooldown so the macro always casts it. (or am I missing something? Im only lvl 30)

Rift Disciple

That macro is for level 60 lock, no idea if you have all the skills available at 30 and if they have same priority (I doubt that since warlock have couple of passives which increase damage of certain skills).
    Having void bolt in the middle is not a problem since it will not be casted if you keep moving, the part under void bolt is there for movement phases.
    The macro itself is not correct though, desecrate should be on top, Neddra's Grasp should be controlled manually and spam macro usually contains Sacrifice Life : Damage.

Why would you ever put a CD in a spam macro?
    Abhor@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast