+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leafblade - Harbinger / Chloromancer Solo Survival Spec [2.5]

Default Leafblade - Harbinger / Chloromancer Solo Survival Spec [2.5]

Leafblade, for all your solo survival needs as a Mage! This spec can take a beating and live long enough to put one out as well. Strong as single target and at least capable in AoE, this spec is good at leveling and max level soloing. You'll feel like a tank in open world content, hopefully enough to tide you over until Arbiter in 3.0.

I've been using this spec in some form since Storm Legion launched, and I'm writing it down here for the first time for the Build a Better Preset contest.

Level numbers in this guide are following the level progression set out for the Leafblade premade. If you follow this guide with your own point spending order, you may see these abilities at slightly different levels.

The Spec

58 Harbinger / 18 Chloromancer / 0 Archon. You're aiming for Nature's Touch from Chloromancer, which hits hard and does a lot of healing from Lifegiving Veil. You also get Bloom and some bonus healing. You still get most of Harbinger, though you might be sad not to have Empyrean Ascension. Zero Archon gets you a minor Endurance buff with Searing Vitality.

The Prep

I use Prion's Chloromancer Crystal for this spec. Vile Spores will stack the 4 piece buff to 3 stacks for 225 spell power, and the Bloom buff isn't bad either. If you have Gilded level gear, you could use the Stormcaller crystal for 150 SP instead.

You have three macros, one for single target spam, one for AoE spam, and one for Eldritch Armor procs.

Slash Macros:
    [spoiler=Leveling Macros]Level 1: (why not?)
    Code:
    #show Storm Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm Slash
    Level 2 - 16:
    Code:
    #show Storm Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    Level 17 - 26:
    (You're waiting until Vorpal Slash is instant)
    Code:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    Level 27 - 31:
    Code:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Conditioned Response
    Level 32 - 53:
    Code:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Vengeful Shock
    [/spoiler]

Level 54 - 60:
    Code:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Rending Slash
    cast Vengeful Shock
    AoE Spam:
    [spoiler=Leveling Macros]Level 24 - 26:
    Code:
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lucent Slash
    Level 27 - 31:
    Code:
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lucent Slash
    [/spoiler]

Level 32 - 60:
    Code:
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Lucent Slash
    cast Vengeful Shock
    Eldritch Armor Proc Macros:
    [spoiler=Leveling Macros]
    Level 1 - 15:
    Code:
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vile Spores
    Level 16 - 32:
    Code:
    #show Vile Spores
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Ruin
    [/spoiler]

Level 33 - 60:
    Code:
    #show Nature's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Ruin
    The spam macros have Conditioned Response and Vengeful Shock at the end to be used off-GCD. Spam that button. I put Vorpal Slash at the top of the single target macro (instead of putting it in the proc macro like DPS specs) to use it as often as possible, as it's a Life spell for Lifegiving Veil.

The proc macro has Ruin at the bottom so it can be used on the move for a little extra healing. Feel free to put it somewhere else or drop it entirely.

Buff yourself with:

Lightning Blade - Level 1 - Damage procs on most attacks. Does not stack with Luminous Weapon or Reaper's Blade.
    Eldritch Armor - Level 4 - This gives you the procs that run most of this spec.
    Charged Blade - Level 8 - Slashing attacks do 20% more damage. After Living Charge at level 42/43, all attacks will do 5%/10% more damage. This does block slashing attacks from gaining charge and costs 10 charge per slashing attack. You'll have to watch this, as your procs might not come fast enough to keep your charge high enough.
    Lifegiving Veil - Level 15 - Your spells heal you (and up to 10 raid members). Life attacks heal for more. If you are actually grouping with a Chloromancer, you might want to turn this off, and Chloromancer's can't cross heal with Veils.
    Searing Vitality - Level 1 - More endurance never hurts. Use this every 5 minutes for some extra HP.

Luminous Weapon - Level 18 - AoE damage procs on most attacks. Use this with 3 or more targets. Scales up with more targets, hitting 3 targets around each target hit. Does not stack with Lightning Blade or Reaper's Blade.

[spoiler=If you use Karuul Alerts (and you probably should) here's my setup:]
    Code:
    KA::Aqh6HeNq9lduOmzAQhl+FF+iuD2CMfIUBSyutuqsk7VUkZMCbWCIQETfS9vDutYkrJYimm1x
    U5sLA+Of/Zjx4qeSgu03wVRvZavPOIFuxfSvf1WCnYhzLaUwqijzMAYJpBDhAJGHABwM7FvrNsFw
    a+bj+8rSWlXZrSl333WFdtUo1VquU8qFpDgwijBmNQxZSd0E7WFZ8XhULN4PjwMBaWv15PN5BOH5
    L/OSt/O6sPevN1gSfgrxvNmrK4FZfBFoAnqOEAhxnIeWEiw8DbOVQWR01lNVJsWyd4gkGUGBh8K0
    wsYdZyEbLzgTLfT+owxnFg5HDRhkPI9gkMA0ziolISQxRXiCIPkzTqGP/zZR2ftS10X1XAuhRooi
    FIDlD+VHLg1HDL7Z6eZ1SITA6m6V61WqoXeq5kru/Qq3YZVwqMkBiGoZUoJjjKLmjQnuvWFZW0W8
    34LDojRXC7svIsrzsVBcsxy000ydnb9OI4BxGMcU550hQfsW+NmrnvVvBzuDE90YUUbudyI1m0Wx
    vXEn8f2kNiJFNfHxPa7jEZ1vnuQms10bN5f4yIBUCFJBQgjHKEbS/i9sh6pOig2mUhxgLEv0TQlx
    AEF+Pom0GbeptkA67fpiDmETYUlj7WPBEiIJkUXEHhfKSpXSSJ4wQOYz4Toxn/aY2+jgeCEq3cxz
    TkFTkQCABEQUCJ/xqN1yCHMcjx22mw1ZbFlh5hITcj/Ab2Vgatw
    [/spoiler]

The Keys

Besides the macros, you'll want the following abilities handy:

For damage:

Blazing Light - Level 6 - A reasonable dot that you can refresh with Lucent Slash after you get Light Nova at level 26. This also gives you a 10% bonus to dodge chance.
    Piercing Beam - Level 11 - Single target attack that applies a debuff for your slashing attacks to do 5% more damage. Reapply every 30 seconds.
    Lucent Slash - Level 24 - Now you can do AoE! After Light Nova (Level 26) this will refresh Blazing Light on all targets it hits; make sure to do that before the dot falls off.
    Tempest Winds - Level 53 - Higher damage 3 second channel with a 20 second cooldown. You can move during this channel, but stay in melee unless you have Phantom Blades active. Like with DPS Harbinger specs, try to use this when you have more than 3 seconds left on Storm's Fury's cooldown.

For defense / healing:

Radiant Spores - Level 1 - This spec doesn't use any talents to improve Radiant Spores, so you got a single target debuff of a 10% change to heal for the damage done, up to 5% of your max health. 16s duration. You'll probably stop using this at some point, but it's helpful at lower levels. If there's another Chloromancer around, let them maintain this since theirs will heal more.
    Withering Vines - Level 6 - AoE heal around the target, and not a bad dot either. It procs your Lifegiving Veil when you apply it. You can put this up on three targets. You might stop using this at later levels as things die faster.
    Bloom - Level 14 - Really good for topping yourself off when you're getting hurt, and it's likely to crit with the points in Circle of Life.
    Ruin - Level 33 - Not a bad attack, but mostly useful for a quick Lifegiving Veil heal. I put this at the bottom of the proc macro above, and I hit the macro while I move to use it.
    Planar Shield - Level 33 - Spend 50 charge to reduce the next 5 incoming attacks by 5% of your max health. You'll probably get more use out of this earlier on, but at max level all the other healing and survival tools seem sufficient. Still, it can come in handy against a tough target. With a 1s cooldown you can more or less spam this as long as you have charge, though you're basically giving up Charged Blade to do this.
    Essence of Wind - Level 45 - +40% dodge, which should put you at the cap. It's pretty impressive, especially against larger packs of weak mobs. This plays well with Lightning Riposte, so you might even use it for the bonus damage on larger packs. 10s duration, 45s cooldown.

For utility:

Blade Rush - Level 21 - Charge! Get into melee like a boss. With Improved Blade Rush at level 24/25, you can use this in combat and stun your target for 2 seconds.
    Planar Retreat - Level 24 - Break free and teleport backwards 20m. Useful to jump out of antimelee mechanics.
    Phase Step - Level 39 - Teleport behind your target (and 4 others!). It also does some reasonable damage for AoE, but you're likely to leave yourself awkwardly positioned and or falling off of a cliff. If you're comfortable with it, though, you can weave it into your AoE.
    Disabling Shock - Level 40 - 5 second stun, 30s cooldown. Useful in pvp or for a tough open world mob that you'd like to stop hitting you. Maybe even PvP?
    Distratcting Slash - Level 42 - Interrupt. 10s cooldown, off GCD. Not a lot of open world / solo content calls for interrupting, but it's good to have ready. Rusilla and Laethys in the Infernal Dawn Chronicle come to mind.
    Blademark - Level 42 - Any single target damage you do to another target also damages this target. Your base damage is 10% lower, so you're effectively doing 180% damage across both targets. Very useful when you have two targets, try to use it on the the target that will die first. You can also apply Blademark at 30m and continue to damage a target in melee, or a second ranged target with Phantom Blades.
    Phantom Blades - Level 48 - Use single target slashing attacks from 30m range. 15s duration with 30s cooldown. Useful for avoiding anti-melee mechanics. This does only work on single target, so Lucent Slash is out.
    Storm Shroud - Level 60 - Mage stealth! You get 10 seconds of stealth on a 1 minute cooldown, use them wisely. You can use this to break combat, though if you have dots on you they can immediately break your stealth and put you right back into combat. Try getting some distance with Planar Retreat first.

Other abilities you should know exist:

Introspection - Level 24 - This is your mana regen, such as it is. Your damaging abilities return 5% mana for 10s, and your damage is 10% lower. You might want to have some mana potions to avoid this.
    Glaring Fetters - Level 39 - 30% snare for 10s, and it does damage while the target is moving. Most times your target is in melee and staying there, but if someone is kiting it away, give this a shot.
    Reaper's Blade - Level 50 - Doesn't stack with Lightning Blade or Luminous Weapon. It does less damage than Lightning Blade, but does a minor heal also. It also applies a 10% damage buff for 15s when you kill something. I've never really needed the extra healing but you can keep it in mind for that, and the damage buff is hard to balance against the AoE from Luminous Weapon. You can try swapping weapons before something dies, but you're going to have enough troublei with mana without that.
    Nature's Cleansing - Level 52 - Single target cleanse. Not a lot of open world debuffs hurt enough to matter (maybe Countdown on some Pyromancer mobs), but you might cleanse yourself before trying Storm Shroud. You can also try it in PvP.

The Play

For a single target, spam your single target slash macro listed above. When you get an Eldritch Armor proc, use your Eldritch Armor proc macro. Pretty straightforward stuff right? For AoE, spam your AoE spam macro. The usual advice applies for getting the maximum dps out of your Harbinger abilities. Try not to let Storm's Fury sit on cooldown longer than necessary; you can wait a second or two to use your proc (it has a 3 second internal cooldown). Use Tempest Winds with more than 3 seconds on Storm's Fury's cooldown. Unless of course, your target won't live very long, then just go ahead. Once you have Rending Slash at level 56. you might want to wait for 3 stacks of the debuff, if your target will live that long.

For two targets, you're generally better off killing one target at a time. Use Blademark on the second target once you have it available.

For 3 or more targets, spam your AoE macro, with Luminous Weapon active. Pre-dot your targets with Blazing Light once you have Light Nova at level 26. For any number of targets you want to make sure you have the Blazing Light self buff to dodge.

You have a lot of Life damage abilities in your rotation to work with your Lifegiving Veil and keep you alive: Blazing Light, Piercing Beam, Vorpal Slash, Lucent Slash, Nature's Touch (bigger heals), and Vile Spores. Keep your Blazing Light dodge buff active, which will leave you with a steady 20% Dodge and 10% Parry. As mentioned above, Bloom is good if you're getting hurt. Essence of Wind has a short-ish cooldown so don't be stingy. Planar Shield can help too. If you're completely in over your head, Storm Shroud will drop aggro, but any dots you have on you will break your stealth.

The End

TL;DR: Slash macro, proc macro. Keep Blazing Light up. Heal if you need to. Run away if you need to.

If you have any questions or even suggestions, let me know.
    Last edited by DegnaRed; 11-23-2013 at 05:27 AM.

And I'm a little disappointed to see that spoiler tags don't work.

Looks good but I would've taken 3/3 in Intensity and dropped points elsewhere. For example, go 0/1 in Phase Step and 1/3 in Desperate Response to get the 3 points you need. You'll be getting plenty of heals from the Chloro abilities and your life based slashes but Intensity is a significant portion of your dps potential.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Soulwalker

i'm really enjoying this build, but more importantly wanted to thank you for the format of the post. adding the macros used at lower levels is very helpful.

Telaran

Great post. Its actually what I use, more or less.

One thing though, your EA Proc macro is a bit mixed up. You have Ruin at the end. Natures touch has no CD and will always be used. I would just put it in front, or possibly on your builder macro.

Shadowlander

Anyone have a printscreen or another site with this tree? the site its hosted on has been down for "maintenance" for almost 12 hours :S

Quote Originally Posted by Porotto View Post
    Anyone have a printscreen or another site with this tree? the site its hosted on has been down for "maintenance" for almost 12 hours :S
    The site is back up. I am working on some variants now.
    Aenaenon - Mage
    Tylhadras - Warrior
    <Is Judging You>
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyleader View Post
    Great post. Its actually what I use, more or less.

One thing though, your EA Proc macro is a bit mixed up. You have Ruin at the end. Natures touch has no CD and will always be used. I would just put it in front, or possibly on your builder macro.
    Nature's Touch has a 10s CD and a cast time. You only want to use it with an eldritch proc which is why it's in that macro. Ruin shouldn't really be in that macro however.

Thanks for this amazing build, and extra props for lower-level macros! <3
    Defiant Faeblight *Nikaj* | Most | Roy | Xonia | Tolion
    Guardian Faeblight Alexandriel | Cask | Gwenien | Wyvern
    Defiant Vigil *Nikaj* | Dance | Isabela | Fenris

Telaran

Presumably one could substitute Elementalist for Archon, using Synthesis on the pet for some of the tougher encounters?
    Last edited by Miggs; 02-12-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Ok guys I had a build similar to this one but was more in chloro. Ok I did some changes with the macros. IF you look at how and why I did them you may get my idea. Ok their are 2 macros just like be for but they are not single target and aoe. IT is Dps and HPS.

OK starting with the DPS one it goes as fallows:

#show Rendering Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] charged blade
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast Vengeful Shock
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Rendering Slash
    cast searing vitality
    cast break free

And the HPS one is as fallows:

#show vorpal slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Entropic Veil
    cast Natural Conversion
    cast vengeful shock
    cast ruin
    cast vorpal slash
    cast lucent slash
    cast break free

I do get that they do look crazy looking. But they work. If you use the dps one as solo you can get good dps out of it. The HPS macro is an aoe macro but you get HPS out of it so if your in a raid and you wanna dps/aoe/heal you get all of it in one.

Aslo you can add to the dps macro (cast [notactive] Lightning Blade) to the macro. And for the HPS/AOE you can do the same with (cast [notactive] Reaper's Blade or Luminous Weapon) depending on if your aoe'n or HPS'n
    Last edited by Gelyste; 02-16-2014 at 01:59 PM.

I haven't been very active lately, but with 2.6 having introduced this preset to live, I thought I should check this thread. I'm surprised to see the activity it has gotten. The leveling macros got a few comments, and you're welcome. Since I made this guide for the preset intended it to be available from level 1, I thought I should try to make a guide that would work from level 1 as well. I'd love to hear from anyone that's actually leveled using this guide, positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Nature's Touch has a 10s CD and a cast time. You only want to use it with an eldritch proc which is why it's in that macro. Ruin shouldn't really be in that macro however.
    At a glance, I wasn't sure what Ruin was doing there either. Apparently I knew when I wrote the guide though:

Quote Originally Posted by DegnaRed View Post
    The proc macro has Ruin at the bottom so it can be used on the move for a little extra healing. Feel free to put it somewhere else or drop it entirely.
    It's definitely one of those playstyle things that I probably should have been more clear about, or not included in a public guide, since it is likely to lead to bad practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Presumably one could substitute Elementalist for Archon, using Synthesis on the pet for some of the tougher encounters?
    A zero point Elementalist pet will be limited to level 30 max. Even at level 30 and below, without any pet tree talents he won't be very tanky, compared to you yourself. On the other hand, the Endurance buff from Archon isn't make or break either, so feel free to give it a shot.

Gelyste, I think you're trying too hard to work everything into an all-in-one macro. You're not making any use of Eldritch Armor procs, which are a big portion of your DPS or HPS for any Harbinger spec. You can probably get by like that, but it's very inefficient. It's worth it to learn the nuances of the souls and the situational applicability of some abilities.

Soulwalker

if you look at what spells r in the macro you will see that most of them are cool downs and they would work fine if you see what ones I have in there. They are just slash's with cool downs. But if you need to pull them out they work but you have to use them on there own and so so.

Soulwalker

Default Intelligence or Endurance?

This may seem like a newbish question, but I'm used to playing straight-up ranged characters so please excuse my ignorance.

Since this Harbinger/Chloromancer build is primarily melee, are Intelligence and Spell Power still the preferred stats while leveling? Let me clarify: most cloth is going to have those stats anyway, but if I add runes, read a scroll, pop a potion, or eat some food before joining a 5-man, is it more beneficial for me to up my Intelligence/Spell Power or my Endurance?

Thanks!

RIFT Guide Writer

You're DPS> The only thing you care about is enough HP for AE mechanics then all damage.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast