+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Doja's Pyromancer Guide: 2.2 Hotfix # 10 Revised

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post
    i also have a pyro guide.

I don't want to release it if it prevents more gems like this guide from being released.
    haha

/123text
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Quote Originally Posted by DojaLady View Post
    I've never heard of you either or your guild really... Heard of Noshei from the addon, but that is it.
    Knights of Shadow is a very established guild not just in Rift, but a muilti game guild been around for 10+ years, we've been in Rift since release and we usually post on our forums www.Knightsofshadow.org since we're such a big guild. We do have our own website not using guildlaunch/enjin although there is nothing wrong with that.... I tried researching your guild, but couldn't find an active running website in the top 10 google search, but after click on one of your guilds last 2 websites I found a link to the active one... congrats on HM!!

I understand you feel the need to attack my guide, but I still appreciate the comments.
    cause having **** loads of players equals theyre good?
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

NO I never said that... Derp...

So describing the guild means I said l we have loads of players and every single one is the best in the game??

It was a description... just like Multi-game and 10+ year guild... Descriptions... We do have a good core group in Rift that raids, but we also have casual and some people who have been gaming with the guild for a long time... Very social guild and it's like Cheers in this bioch...lol

Did you not get your share of the cake?
    Last edited by DojaLady; 04-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Plane Touched

sooo about those parses?

Quote Originally Posted by DojaLady View Post
    When Wildfire does not proc spacing Fireball is harder. I prefer to save Flame Volley in case this happens and then fireball after a full Flame Volley and sometimes by then something has come off cooldown.
    I'm not sure this is the best tactic. Keep in mind FV and HW cooldowns. Pretty sure you want to FV *on cd* so that you can barely squeeze in three between HWs.

0sec - use Opening HW
    1-2sec- FV
    61-62sec - FV
    120sec - HW off cd
    121-124sec - FV
    127sec - use second HW

Delaying FV purposely 10-25seconds two or three times either severly sets back HW cd or it ensures you only get two FV.

Quote Originally Posted by merder View Post
    Awwwwwww icwutudidthere
    Check his twitch account. He raids with cleric/rogue and has a alt mage.

Nerds.....

Soulwalker

Default Your mommy is not here

Quote Originally Posted by BadTouch View Post
    And you learn to play your spec before writing ****ty guides.

This kind of guide can satisfy only players that can do Necro/ele spec at most, total bads.
    So basically from your two comments, your are not bring anything remotely helpful to the conversation. You are just whining maybe it works with your mommy but between adults its just annoying

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    I'm not sure this is the best tactic. Keep in mind FV and HW cooldowns. Pretty sure you want to FV *on cd* so that you can barely squeeze in three between HWs.

0sec - use Opening HW
    1-2sec- FV
    61-62sec - FV
    120sec - HW off cd
    121-124sec - FV
    127sec - use second HW

Delaying FV purposely 10-25seconds two or three times either severly sets back HW cd or it ensures you only get two FV.
    For the initial pull you will not normally get 2 FV's before using HW which is what I was mainly taking about, but you're right you want to make sure to keep FV on cool down especially after opening HW. Thank you for pointing that out.

Soulwalker

Just got rift and I am playing a Mage what I would like to know is if this is a good guide for beginners.

THanks

A guildmate asked me yesterday about what builds would be optimal for DPS, and I suggested that 61 Pyro is the build of choice for single target DPS at the moment. So, today he tells me he found this guide and wanted my opinion about it. I feel that anyone who happens upon this guide should also receive the same forewarning I gave my guildmate.

Overall, the aesthetics of this guide are great. The organization and format are beautiful, it's grammatically sound, and the descriptions on abilities are well documented. Unfortunately, that is pretty much it for the positive comments about this "guide".

As previous posters have stated:
    The macros are terrible
    The use of Extinguish during Heatwave is a poor choice
    The prioritization on abilities is questionable
    If you want a proper guide on how to best utilize 61 Pyro, review Berzz's "How to 61 Pro".

Doja, I would love it if you could format some of the other guides because you did a phenomenal job at that, but pretty much everything else was sub par and will lead other mages to confusion due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

If the yoohoo I just spit out would've got the keyboard, you woulda bought me a new one
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Thanks for the guide and ignore those who think that min-maxing is the only way to play (next time perhaps add a disclaimer so that those don't waste their breath commenting). Works quite well for what it is intended to be with the exception that I will keep a Heatwave specific macro.

Soulwalker

So what would be the next best build if I cannot use the harbringer soul? I apologize if this has been asked, I looked but didn't see anything about it.
    Last edited by Hollow59; 07-18-2013 at 01:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast