+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Nerf Void Bolt - 61 Warlock (#2.2) guide written by Valeryy

Default Nerf Void Bolt - 61 Warlock (#2.2) guide written by Valeryy

Reposted on my Mage site Updating for patch 2.3 soon when the changes go live.
    • Staple ranged DPS (damage per second) spec for Mage
    • Moderately powerful AoE (area of effect) capability
    • One of our best specs for lots of target switching
    • Our best prolonged dual target DPS
    • Great survivability talents
    • And to top it off, 61 Warlock isn’t particularly hard to play! It’s ”complex” enough to have much enjoyment factor – but doesn’t require extreme abouts of uberprol337ness to perform optimally! [Read more]

http://valvalval.net/nerf-void-bolt-61-warlock-2-2/
    Last edited by Soul sky; 06-30-2013 at 07:53 PM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post

#show draining bolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast empowered darkness
    cast [notactive] contaminate
    cast void barrage
    cast draining bolt
    cast countdown
    cast neddra's grasp
    cast void bolt
    /rw IMGAYYY
    what? no death's door in this macro?

I am dissapoint, it's not a proper lazy mage macro if you don't throw in everything including the kitchen sink

You spelled Viod Bolt wrong.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

I have just come down with severe Walloftexticitus syndrome.

On an side good guide although quite a lot of waffle >.<

Cheers val x
    If you plan to kick that tiger in the rear end. You better have a plan for the teeth on the other side!!

Prophet of Telara

Desecrate - Summon your level 30 Lesser Skeletal Zealot pre-fight, hope he hits the boss enough times before dying to apply 5 Deathly Calling, and your Desecrate will hit super hard! XD But in reality, the low leveled pet will probably ninja pull the boss and make people mad at you
    This made me chuckle, going to try it tonight!
    If you plan to kick that tiger in the rear end. You better have a plan for the teeth on the other side!!

Great guide, close to how i play this.

Just a note we have 4 dot refreshers.
    Pre 50% health, radiate death can pop all your death dots except defile which is a manual cast after. Which is 2 cast just like Salvage Corruption & Deathly Pall.

So pre 50% health i use void barrage as soon as it comes off cooldown as a dps spell and not the dot refresh only spell. And i bounce between radiate death and persist for dot cycles. Not saying anything is right or wrong, this matches my playstyle

Cool example about having 4 dot refreshes, first boss in EE (You might do yours a bit different). Target 1 had dots on, shield comes up i hit persist on target 1, then dot up target 3 my focus target and hit radiate death and a few void bolts. Cycle back to target 1 and hit void barrage to refresh dots. Then bounce back and forth to keep running dots on 2 targets as much as a could.
    Last edited by utterchaos; 02-07-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Prophet of Telara

What is everyone parsing out of interest with this?

Trying to work out if I'm doing something wrong or if its just less DPS than i expected:

4200 SP
    1786 Crit
    547 CP

Prion's Warlock Crystal (only 3 set)

Best parse is 11.2k - only buffs are Warlock Armor and Endurance, so no consumables. This seems to be the ballpark that Inquisitors are parsing - is this right?

Rift Chaser

Regarding Void Barrage:

Is it really a DPS increase to keep it on its 20s CD despite having time left on your DoTs?

Also, do you cast Void Barrage right after you applied your DoTs at the start of the rotation?
    Wouldn't it be better to start with SL > apply DoTs and wait with ED/Void Barrage until all raid-buffs are running?

And
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Dual target rotation

Use this macro:

#show salvage corruption
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus savage corruption
    cast [notactive] contaminate
    cast @focus deathly pall
    Godlike
    Last edited by Sindariel; 02-07-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Void barrage does alot of damage, 2nd highest next to void bolt. Say you don't cast it right away and waited just 5 seconds for your dots. 4 cycles of this = 20 seconds so your missing out on the full damage once every 4 dots cycles. And dots when refreshed do intial damage again and start ticking again so i don't see a dps loss there really.

Rift Chaser

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...l5iGEBak8/fhh0

this is the spec i went with is the extra crit from pyro that much better than the extra death damage?

Quote Originally Posted by vaddar View Post

this is the spec i went with is the extra crit from pyro that much better than the extra death damage?
    Yes, a lot better.
    Depending on gear level Burning Fury can be worth over 10% Crit Chance. Due to the large amount of modifiers the +10% Death Damage is much lower than 10% damage increase, you also lose Countdown.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by vaddar View Post

Burning fury works amazingly well with crit power. Since not all of our spells have the same coefficent, sp scales differently. So 100 sp could really be 50 sp for certain spells. But 20% in crit power increases all spell crits damage by 20%.

Edit sorry forgot to add

+% damage mods are a flat increase. As you get better gear you sp, int, and crit power increase, which scales better then the damage mods higher in necro tree.
    Last edited by utterchaos; 02-07-2013 at 06:56 AM.

And as stated above you lose countdown, which hits hard then dark touch and necrosis.

Question concerning utility: Which spec (from all classes) loses the least dps by taking that extra point into utility?

Example: 61 lock build goes 7 into necro but could easily put 1 of those points into Consumption (a Purge). How effective is this compared to relying on someone else such as a MM to purge and focusing on dps instead?

I know a lot of this depends on the raid group and who all is present and what specs they have to choose between but is Consumption even worth considering or should we just tell people that if they want a purge they should look elsewhere because the standard spec with 2 pts in Flesh Rot is just soooo much better than wasting a point on a purge? Or is it a marginal difference that is worth considering as an alternate build?

Oh, btw, excellent guide as always, Val, although you should work a bit on your wall 'o text :P
    Last edited by Frailaq; 02-07-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Question concerning utility: Which spec (from all classes) loses the least dps by taking that extra point into utility?

Example: 61 lock build goes 7 into necro but could easily put 1 of those points into Consumption (a Purge). How effective is this compared to relying on someone else such as a MM to purge and focusing on dps instead?

I know a lot of this depends on the raid group and who all is present and what specs they have to choose between but is Consumption even worth considering or should we just tell people that if they want a purge they should look elsewhere because the standard spec with 2 pts in Flesh Rot is just soooo much better than wasting a point on a purge? Or is it a marginal difference that is worth considering as an alternate build?

Oh, btw, excellent guide as always, Val, although you should work a bit on your wall 'o text :P
    Given 61MM is the main ranged spec for rogues its unlikely and not really recommended that you're forced to take consumption from necro as it would only further reduce your Necrosis timer which will mean your Persist refreshes will cut even more from Atrophy and mess with the timings more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast