+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: [SL] Necrolist

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser tteen6789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default [SL] Necrolist

    The Build

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...I/hkAy2GFyA4/i

    Reasoning for Points: 44 into Elementalist gives you Elemental Armor, 31 into Necro gives you unlimited mana.

    Benefits of this spec: Best Target switching mages have (Same as 61 ele). Better dps than 61 Elementalist. A good amount of aoe (from pet). Unlimited Mana. 2 quick summons.

    Shadow Revenant vs Greater Skeletal Zealot: They will give you the same amount of DPS on dummy, but If there is just one more target the Revenant pulls ahead as the victor.

    Buffs:

    Elemental Armor- Increases damage by 15% and Charge gain by 15%

    Synergize- causes pet damaging abilities to restore 3 charge to mage. (make sure to cast this everytime you summon a pet)

    Macro:

    #show elemental burst
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast elemental burst
    cast stormbolt
    cast desecrate
    cast icy carapace
    cast flame bolt
    cast crystalline missiles
    cast break free
    cast sever bonds
    cast bone frenzy
    petattack

    *if you want to be lazy, throw your cooldowns in there too -.-*

    Cooldowns:

    Intensify Elements- Intensify Elements- 100% damage increase to pet, 50% increase to caster. 2min cooldown. Use with Rushing Elements.

    Rushing Elements- Reduces GCD to 1sec for 15 sec. 1min cooldown. Use with Intensify and half way thru intensify's cooldown.

    Empty the Crypts- Summons 4 Zombies for 20 sec. 1min 30sec cooldown.

    Charge Consumers:

    Lich Form- Unlimited Mana. 10% damage increase to pet and yourself. Make sure when you are using lich form to use at 100 charge so you'll have 50 charge for Bone frenzy.

    Bone Frenzy- Increases pet damage by 30% for 15 sec. 20sec cooldown. -50 charge.

    "The Rotation":

    Spam your macro, Keep up ignite and Necrosis.

    AOE: Spam your macro, Throw down burning ground and grave rot. Keep up ignite.

    UTILITY:

    A purge! Woot.

    Use the Elementalist Crystal*
    Last edited by Alyn; 01-22-2013 at 06:45 AM.

    Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    That macro makes me sad
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625

    Default

    This blatant theft of the work other's did without credit makes me sad.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    That macro makes me sad
    rofl, i just knew it would.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser tteen6789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    This blatant theft of the work other's did without credit makes me sad.
    I made this so people don't have to go thru threads to find the spec. Not theft I have no claim to this build. This just helps people have a guide. And not just some macro some guy put on 4th page of another guide to another spec.

    Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

  6. #6
    Telaran Musou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    What's ST Dps?
    4/4 Frozen Tempest 5/5 Endless Eclipse 4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 HM World 6th HM Gelidra
    Mage of <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys NA
    Come watch my stream! www.twitch.tv/troxictor

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Azunia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tteen6789 View Post
    I made this so people don't have to go thru threads to find the spec. Not theft I have no claim to this build. This just helps people have a guide. And not just some macro some guy put on 4th page of another guide to another spec.
    I think he tried to say that you should have credited the original creater of the specc with something like "Thanks for blabla for providing the idea for the build"
    Member of Game Under.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    I think he tried to say that you should have credited the original creater of the specc with something like "Thanks for blabla for providing the idea for the build"
    Who's the original creator? Is it the person who has been secretly using it for a while, or the person who first posts about it on the forum? Valerry certainly didn't credit anyone for the Pyrobinger information.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Azunia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magisbladius View Post
    Who's the original creator? Is it the person who has been secretly using it for a while, or the person who first posts about it on the forum? Valerry certainly didn't credit anyone for the Pyrobinger information.
    The only thing people with "secret" speccs deserve is a permanent place on my ****list - but that's just me. ;)
    Member of Game Under.

  10. #10
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    What's this spec doing for single target in a raid setting?

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    Have ran this spec extensively before it was posted as my attempt to beat out the old necro ele with 0.5 second GCD zealot pet about a month ago. Scratched it because 1. it parses about the same as ele, 2. I dont need a 2nd 61 ele in my not-nearly-enough 6 soul slots. But here is some reference.

    In raid pure single target (with my other specs dps as reference) this spec sustain about 11k-12k just a tad more than elementalist. For reference, typical 61WL/8Pyro/7Necro w/ Countdown with expert 4pc pyro crystal I pull about 14k (no failed refreshes).
    Last edited by WarUltima; 01-05-2013 at 03:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Have ran this spec extensively before it was posted as my attempt to beat out the old necro ele with 0.5 second GCD zealot pet about a month ago. Scratched it because 1. it parses about the same as ele, 2. I dont need a 2nd 61 ele in my not-nearly-enough 6 soul slots. But here is some reference.

    In raid pure single target (with my other specs dps as reference) this spec sustain about 11k-12k just a tad more than elementalist. For reference, typical 61WL/8Pyro/7Necro w/ Countdown with expert 4pc pyro crystal I pull about 14k (no failed refreshes).
    I do 15.1k with 61 ele and no consumables. http://i.imgur.com/kl4Iu.jpg

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magisbladius View Post
    I do 15.1k with 61 ele and no consumables. http://i.imgur.com/kl4Iu.jpg
    Epic pic.

    /10 char

  14. #14
    Ascendant NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    This spec does roughly 1k~ more st than 58Ele(which is better than 61Ele btw) and actually has substantial aoe(rivaling lock, for instance, but obviously worse than dom or sc).

    A topic of discussion that wasn't mentioned in the OP is cd/charge consumers usage. Using Lich Form with IE is a no brainer, imo, as is disregarding Elemental Forces. This leaves us with how/when to use Empty the Crypts and Bone Frenzy. Prior to this spec(58Ele) my philosophy has been to use RE/BF on cd but others have suggested to use EI+LF+BF together at 100 charge. Haven't done enough testing yet, I'm not sure if that will maintain LF throughout IE. Also, I'm not sure how that stacks up vs using EI+BF+EtC or EI+LF+EtC. Obviously whichever charge consumer is left out will be used as filler.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser tteen6789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default

    thank you to tarien for creating a mini guide in another guide.

    And I just threw this guide together for people who are looking for good target swapping spec. Look we are mages, we are supposed to find every way possible to min max a spec. A guide is just a start.
    Last edited by tteen6789; 01-05-2013 at 08:12 PM.

    Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts