+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Storm Legion Solo Leveling/Support Healing: Harbinger/Chloro

Default Storm Legion Solo Leveling/Support Healing: Harbinger/Chloro

The purpose of this spec is for solo/group questing survivability and support healing in dungeons. It can do respectable DPS with Lightning Blade active but it is not a top DPS spec.

Build
    Level 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#FgGi8/SkoGyBplilh0/G
    Level 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#FgGi8/SkiGallkBkg/G4
    As you level, continue filling in the extra damage boosts in Harbinger.
    You can also point into Stormcaller instead of Archon for slightly higher AoE damage and Forked Lightning to use for Eldritch Procs. This is only worthwhile for groups of 5+ enemies.

Buffs

Use Lifegiving Veil always. Synthesis is only taken in order to get Nature's Touch, you don't have any other spells to take advantage of Lifebound Veil properly.

Blades: Use Lightning Blade for maximum DPS. Use Reaper's Blade for survivability. Luminous Weapon gives you better self-healing but much lower DPS than Reaper's Blade, it is mostly useful before you get to level 41.

Don't forget Eldritch Armor.

Keep up Searing Vitality for a nice Endurance buff.

Macros

ST:
    Code:
    #show Vorpal Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Ruin
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Blazing Light
    cast Vengeful Shock
    (At 54 Harbinger, replace Storm Slash with Rending Slash)

Alternate ST - less DPS, more healing, use with Entropic Veil:
    Code:
    #show Piercing Beam
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Vorpal Slash
    cast Ruin
    cast Storm's Fury
    cast Storm Slash
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Blazing Light
    cast Vengeful Shock
    Eldritch Proc - hit only once:
    Code:
    #show Nature's Touch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Vile Spores
    AoE:
    Code:
    #show Lucent Slash
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Charged Blade
    cast Lucent Slash
    cast Vengeful Shock
    Defensive:
    Code:
    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Bloom
    cast Conditioned Response
    cast Essence of Wind
    cast Planar Shield
    cast Break Free
    Note: Essence of Wind is not available until 44 Harbinger

Heal others:
    Code:
    #show Bloom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Bloom
    Separate on bar (some of these are not available until higher in Harbinger):
    Piercing Beam - if managed separately
    Withering Vine
    Blazing Light
    Radiant Spores
    Natural Conversion
    Glaring Fetters
    Tempest Winds
    Distracting Slash - Interrupt
    Blade Rush - ST charge
    Phase Step - AoE teleport
    Planar Retreat - backwards teleport
    Blademark - If you are fighting two enemies, put this on one and ST DPS the other
    Phantom Blades - Causes your melee attacks to become ranged

Using the spec
    To open with, first apply Radiant Spores, then you can either charge in directly, apply Glaring Fetters to snare the enemy and damage them as they run to you, or apply Withering Vine/Blazing Light.

The first priority in melee range is to apply the Piercing Beam debuff. After that use the ST macro. When you get an Eldritch proc, use the Eldritch macro once to use either Nature's Touch or Vile Spores (this is the highest priority). Do not spam the macro or you will begin hard-casting Vile Spores after the 0.5s GCD. If this is an issue you can use Nature's Touch and Vile Spores separately on the bar.

Keep up Withering Vine for extra damage and healing, and in an extended fight you can keep up Blazing Light as well, refreshing it with Lucent Slash. Make sure to keep Radiant Spores up when it drops if you need the healing. When you are high enough level for Tempest Winds, you can use it for a bit of extra damage. Make sure you let it channel the full 3 seconds since there is a burst of damage when it finishes.

In AoE use Phase Step as a gap closer and also decent damage, note that you can continue to use other abilities while Phase Step is still teleporting you around. Otherwise use Lucent Slash. Continue to use Eldritch Armor procs on Nature's Touch and Vile Spores. Also use Vorpal Slash whenever it's up for additional healing. Make sure to keep up Radiant Spores up.

The ST and AoE macros will automatically turn on Charged Blade when you have enough charge, which is a damage boost to Nature's Touch/Vile Spores as well even though they don't consume charge. If you are using Eldritch procs whenever they happen then you will have no problem maintaining charge with Charged Blade on. Alternatively you can take out Charged Blade from the macros and maintain Entropic Veil manually if you need additional healing (Charged Blade will not increase your healing).

In a group situation (where you do not need the survivability) use Reaper's Blade if enemies are dying at least every 15 seconds, and use Lightning Blade when they aren't (boss fights). Remember that you can use Bloom to help spot-heal others. Entropic Veil is also useful to help your group healing.

For additional healing you can use the alternative ST macro to use Piercing Beam and Ruin on cooldown, as they are Life damage attacks so they will heal more than your Air slashes. In a group you can also do a lot of healing by simply spamming Vile Spores or even Withering Vine, but you won't get any Eldritch Armor procs for Nature's Touch this way, and you won't do much DPS.

Good hunting!
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-12-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added ability links to rifthead

Using forked lighting on AoE is important during Charged Blade, as this will build charge and allow for CB to last longer. At 50, just messing about with a 51har 9sc 6lock spec, I'm able to maintain 5400 on the 3 dummies with about 95% uptime on charged blade. (I went 6 lock to use LL, as this procs greaters, and with EldArmor procs, I can keep it rolling on several mobs for added healing and also the increase to charge gains)

2107sp
    22%crit
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 11-19-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Tanks use shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    Using forked lighting on AoE is important during Charged Blade, as this will build charge and allow for CB to last longer. At 50, just messing about with a 51har 9sc 6lock spec, I'm able to maintain 5400 on the 3 dummies with about 95% uptime on charged blade. (I went 6 lock to use LL, as this procs greaters, and with EldArmor procs, I can keep it rolling on several mobs for added healing and also the increase to charge gains)

2107sp
    22%crit
    Right, you should always be using Eldritch procs so Charged Blade stays up. But if you're taking a lot of damage then Nature's Touch or even Vile Spores is a better choice unless there's a lot of enemies (5-8) with Radiant Spores already applied. Basically the point of this variation of the spec is Nature's Touch since it's excellent damage and healing combined with Eldritch procs.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.

I'm getting around 6k steady dps with this spec as a fresh 60 mage. It's great! Thanks

(I think this would be a better support spec in dungeons than archon for now)

Rift Disciple

Looks like a great respectable solo build, but for dungeons i'd probably run something like 54/22 if you're really looking for a harb support spec.

I added an alternative "spam" macro that provides much more healing at the cost of a lot of DPS, by prioritizing Life abilities. It's not likely to be worth using for soloing because of the DPS hit but in groups it could be useful in combination wtih Entropic Veil if you need the extra healing. Also, I just use it as my Piercing Beam keybind anyway.

Switched out Stormcaller for Archon in my build. I didn't feel the gimped Forked Lightning and the slightly increased Lucent Slash was worth the investment in SC. Lucent Slash by itself is plenty of AoE damage and most of the time Nature's Touch is a better use of the Eldritch Armor proc. Archon provides a better ST damage bonus, as well as Searing Vitality for a decent endurance buff, and Power Drain that could be used to help against heavy damage from elites.

Also I moved the points around in the build to make sure the dodge and parry bonuses are a priority, because they cause your Lightning Riposte to do a decent chunk of damage when solo (as well as avoiding some damage)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-21-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Interesting to note: Storm's Fury, Storm Slash, Piercing Beam and Lucent Slash don't require facing the target (but of course require melee range) and Blazing Light also doesn't require facing the target. If you use Lucent Slash without facing any target though it won't hit anything
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-21-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Rift Disciple

Seem to be running out of mana very quickly in this build. For solo this is great. Just wondering how it can support heal in dungeons

Nevermind. Im a derp and didn't use introspection
    Last edited by shenrais; 11-22-2012 at 07:44 AM.

You have withering vine and blazing light in the macro, but they are both instant, so only the first one will fire off.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    You have withering vine and blazing light in the macro, but they are both instant, so only the first one will fire off.
    Blazing Light can be used when not facing the target (like most of the slashing attacks, but not Vorpal Slash, oddly)

Withering Vine is generally a better DoT and gives extra healing as well, Blazing Light is just there for the hell of it.

So I will definitely be trying this after work today. I'm 56 and soloing isn't bad but it feels a bit slow. Also I'm only queuing as DPS and hour log ques are awful so at least I could que as support now.

A question tho. In the main ST macro wouldn't everything after Storm Slash not get cast since storm slash is a no cool down ability? I am not a pro with macros in the slightest but I'm just curious why everything else is after storm slash.

Quote Originally Posted by crabby654 View Post
    A question tho. In the main ST macro wouldn't everything after Storm Slash not get cast since storm slash is a no cool down ability? I am not a pro with macros in the slightest but I'm just curious why everything else is after storm slash.
    Everything after Storm Slash is for use from range, when the melee abilities will not be available. Similarly everything after Vile Spores will only be used when moving at range (without an Eldritch Armor proc).

Ahh ok gotcha! So basically those abilities are there so you can keep spamming the one button if moving or at range. Makes sense now! I'm actually really curious how this will perform in 5 mans as support with the main dps macro, I've heard people getting mad about support not being support when a que pops.

Well I am feeling like I am doing more dps solo with this spec as opposed to the 61 harbinger spec that Rift provides. Also the one major thing that upsets me is I can't que as support with this spec for some reason

Also would this be a useful macro to remove an extra button?

Code:
    #show Piercing Beam
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Piercing Beam
    cast Withering Vine
    Maybe just hit it twice after using radiant spores?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast