+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies

Telaran

Default ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies

This is not a serious spec, or even slightly optimized but for use by players who need to go ranged and like myself inquis makes your brain go owie. I have tested it on first boss BOS only, and was able to hit well over the dps check but didn't do as well as I do with shaman.

This is definitely NOT for experienced inquis players, or those looking to min/max, but rather for those that have no interest in inquisitor and need an easy enough spec to play when shaman just wont do. Main rotation is 3 buttons, with a 4th for Radical Coalescence every 30ish seconds

Spec
    ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies-unknown.jpg

macro's

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast inscribe fate
    cast seal of pain

#show bolt of retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bolt of retribution
    cast bolt of judgment
    _

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity
    __

#show Radical Coalescence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Aggressive Inquisition
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast scourge

other skills to have
    ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies-skills2.jpg

How to play

1. a. cast spiritual deficiency on boss refresh as needed (per Hokhmah this can be skipped with an archon)

b. use the sanction macro x3 refresh as needed

2. bolt of retribution macrox2

3. hit Fanaticism macro twice (if fanaticism is on cool down press once)

4. a) if Radical Coalescence is on CD go back to step 1, if RC is off cd go to 4b.

b) make sure the inscribe fate debuff has at least 10 seconds on it, hit the RC macro hit RC macrox2 hit fantaticism macrox2, hit RC macrox2 wait for channels to finish between cast, hit RC again to apply scourge, hit Fant again to recast free BOD, then refesh sanct macro if ready, If using the ogcd BoD's confuse you between channels skip it. and just press RC macrox5

should look like this RC macrox2, fantx2, RC macrox2, fant, RC macro, waiting for channels to finish each time

5. repeat til dead

Again the idea here is to give you a spec that plays very similar to shaman in that the vast majority of the time you will be doing a 1,1,2 style rotation for those looking for a proper inquisitor spec please see this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...nquisitor.html
    Last edited by beefy1212; 01-19-2020 at 11:45 PM. Reason: changed the macro's

Question caring-notcaring about SH

Love the presentation of Buffs etc!

Having SH in a spam macro makes the Sanction ticks hard to time and not tick into absorptions or kill whisps - so why even bothering with that and not focusing on direct damage

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...lkBh0/rt0|XuTw
    Inscribe Fate | Radical Coalescence | Perserverance | Bolt or Retribution | Provoke

#Show Radical Coalescence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Bolt of Depravity

#Show Aggressive Inquisition
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Provoke
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke

#show Inscribe Fate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Harsh Discipline
    cast Bolt of Judgement
    cast Perserverance
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

x4 every 15 sec and also the opener
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Inscribe Fate
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Scourge
    cast Perserverance
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

*Hd can be cliped np and is only there to make sure AI and Provoke align.

Just a thought

-> Sh macro x4 - AI macro for the first Channel - Coal macro for BoD - AI macro for AI and Nysyr's - Coal for BoD - SH macro x4 - BoR x2 - Coal x1
    etcpp
    Last edited by Shas; 01-10-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Telaran

Oh I care about the SH, if you wanted better control of the SH I would simply move it to a macro with seal of pain. The reason I put it the way I did was I don't like to track all that much, and the way I have it setup I see the SH go off and know i need to hit that Seal of Pain key in the next few seconds.

The way you have it setup, I need to remember to cast SH in the first place, then I need to clip channels to line up CD blocks, you have macros using icons for skills not in the macro and next thing you know I am thinking about stuff and that isn't Inquis for dummies....I mean shammies, and it certainly isn't a mostly 2-button spam.

Although with justicar it would seem you would get a ton of passive healing during channels, and during bor spam

Shield of Telara

You can use Wasting insignia instead of SoP and bring some oracle buffs. But wouldn't use them if you have orafilers or bard hybrid in your raid. Get rid of the crappy L Inscribe Fate that is horrible for target switching and bring 1 min legendary fervent strike.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-11-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Telaran

I think you guys are missing the point here, this is a way to use the least amount of buttons and still be viable, with that context in mind Leg IF makes perfect sense it fits in the macro, and how much target swapping do you really have to worry about on boss 2 of bos? oh yea none...

seriously how much target swapping to you have in bos period besides titan phase 1? and even then your crappy cast bar main rotation is a bigger issue than IF, getting FS instead requires you to swap your mastery, and still have to worry about staying within 20m or even worse melee, except on titan phase 1, going druid means you should then also be using eol another button not on macro, and if i am going to use oracle just for a dot and some passive dmg from blood why not go full ****** and grab 3 dots and a raid dps boost from defiler to take full advantage from RC.

I said in the original post this is not for min/maxing but it is inquisitor for dummies

ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies-trainng-wheels.jpg
    Last edited by beefy1212; 01-13-2020 at 12:03 AM.

12 Defiler MH Tenebreous Distortion is technically the same as
    17 Inq BoD Clinging Spirit and
    (14 Prim Vilcanist Conflagration)

-> Inquisitor provides the nonphys.

-> Also you don't Need Armor of Devotion to get100% NR crits (45 selfbuffed 5% Awakening 50% Zealotry) and when comfort > output you can surely trade Devotion for ranged FS :/

Seeing new people trying Inq, the #1 thing that takes time to pick up and get right is the SH mechanic. It's a gain but Perserverance came even closer to it in the recent updates and also provides extra-extra QoL :/
    And QoL is the goal of ghetto inq isn't it :P

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    How to play

1. cast spiritual deficiency on boss refresh as needed
    Really nice simplified spec for people who aren't interrested in multiple button and can't use their shaman at range.
    I only want to tell that Spiritual Deficiency is covered by your archon Magical debuff Crumbling resistance so if using it during a raid , the archon should use it, meaning you'll get 1 less button to cast.

it still does decent dps and if people like this playstyle they can still give a try to the harder inqui spec OP linked in the bottom of his thread.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht , Zyggiha@Brutwacht, Ahiggyz@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask.

Telaran

Thanks for the tip Hok will update the original post.

@shas with devotion I was seeing mid 80ís for crit rate in near max gear, I didnít deep dive it on the one live parse I did (I almost never get to DPS in BOS) so maybe it was higher idk, but if you are not taking FS to save on a button isnít it a moot point?

I thought the MH dmg boost was stand alone normally applied by your defiliheal/support and either way I wasnít advocating using the spec simply pointing out defiler dots are likely more passive dmg than oracle or RS if you had already conceded the fewest possible buttons concept.

In fact I am slightly curious what the dps increase is throwing up greed rage and siphon buffed with all those bonuses to overtime delayed and death damage those dots have all got to be pulling >100k/sec dps. All three of those dots state on the tool tip they do mid 400k damage combined with a 85%ish crit rate (about 75% dmg boost at crit cap) 65% dmg from rc 15% rs the 64 mastery and the other skills that damage should be more than doubled the tool tip value to say nothing of your raid buffs and are easily equal to missing 2 BoR and a BoD

They take gcd's to refresh and Defiler is in competition to the 25 -30% dmg providet by 8 Druid.
    So the dots have to not only make up for it but also stand the trial of immune phases and provide a gain for the effort.
    -> Do they tick nicely in pvp at least ?

If you feel like slapping 4 more dots into Inq i'm curious about the results
    Last edited by Shas; 01-13-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Default What about this?

I was thinking the simplified macros and rotation was giving up too much from original rotation.

#show Aggressive Inquisition //Also your BoD button
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Bolt of Depravity

#show Bolt of Retribution
    cast Sanction
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Harsh Discipline
    cast Bolt of Judgement

#show Inscribe Fate
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Inscribe Fate
    cast Scourge

Additional button: Seal of Pain, Fervent Strike

It's still 4 buttons really and Fervent Strike is a 60 second refresh.

Basically on pull: Fervent Strike --> Inscribe Fate macro x3 --> Bolt of Retribution macro x1 --> Seal of Pain --> Aggressive Inquisition macro till BoD is cast --> Bolt of Retribution macro x2 --> Aggressive Inquisition macro where only Bolt of Depravity is available CD --> Repeat last two steps --> Refresh Seal of Pain after Sanction is cast.

Just need to be cognizant when CDs and debuffs are falling off. For example, you would want to be aware to not clip Aggressive Inquisition when it comes off CD with an available instant cast Bolt of Depravity.
    Last edited by Dbatzz; 01-14-2020 at 01:37 AM.
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    Just need to be cognizant when CDs and debuffs are falling off. For example, you would want to be aware to not clip Aggressive Inquisition when it comes off CD with an available instant cast Bolt of Depravity.
    Murphy's law. Don't give rng the tools to screw you over. We all know the server hickups where you lose control and the ability queue takes over.
    What i took from the years in the rollercoaster: Defenitly never combine channels wit non-channels in a macro outside of the opener if you don't enjoy seeing them clipped.

The macros ofc depend on how much you are planning to give. If the main goal is just to minimise the amout of buttons on the hotbar (bc you use 1-9 default and only reach 1-4 comfy), you can always double layer them with shift modifiers etc.. see the chamber down vids)which gives 4 keys 4,8,12 binds on the stock interface.
    The more you macro, the less control you have.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-14-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    They take gcd's to refresh and Defiler is in competition to the 25 -30% dmg providet by 8 Druid.
    So the dots have to not only make up for it but also stand the trial of immune phases and provide a gain for the effort.
    -> Do they tick nicely in pvp at least ?

If you feel like slapping 4 more dots into Inq i'm curious about the results
    No idea on the pvp lol I bet they would if you didn't kill yourself casting them, and other than from a theory craft stand point i'm not curious about the results either :P

although 15 points defiler combined with 0 RS is 39% dmg and 10% wis leg AA should crit for well over 1m or more self buffed.

I still say it is a shame you can't get to leg MA and RC at the same time would have been the perfect boost to put dps defiler back on the map. even at 1.5 gcd you lose 33% cast speed gain 65% dmg and you could allow MA to passively proc while spamming AA.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I think you guys are missing the point here, this is a way to use the least amount of buttons and still be viable...
    Viable means different things to different people. Most people don't even complain much about the rotation. In fact, because you take off EoL and Punishing from the best rotation LSH is used more often and in some cases scales better in raids. They are good in the opener and if you can time for the next Flaring/lava. I still suggest using PS during LIF but it comes down to kill time.

The problem with inquisitor will always be for most players the crippling playstyle and timing your backloaded damage. Having to move into melee for padded AE, or to refresh LFS(-120K+ possibly a loss in raids alone.) Then you have all the ghosted bars and standing cast times that have to be clipped if you are in charge of interrupt duty, or have to move. Along with the stagnated Turret style of channels. This can be learned to deal with once you master the fight but no other class really have this much struggle or dependency(easy for some but much easier for others.)

Learning curve has to adjust for each different TDPS as the timers constantly change so in some cases you can adapt to a certain group and expect things to happen like Flaring/Lava being cast at a specific time and all your SH ticks and buffs fit but in another group your flaring/lava is late and you lose LIF or SH ticks from having a delayed Flaring/Lava.. Or you have to delay your NR and NR being delayed for raid buffs is a huge DPS loss but most of the time fights end so fast no one notices the potential for Inquisitor to suck since they only experience one Flaring/low movement.. and have to align with lava after...

In fact, you can burn your channel without casting all your buffs without getting all buffs up in add fights like Titan X so they are up to burn down specific stages or hold it depending on raid makeup. For instance, if you have a bunch of rogues burning the first adds down why to waste your CD on the first phase when it won't get fully used. Hold it or burn it straight away without using buffs...you have to decide on two options. Most of the time guessing game unless you raid with the same squad and adapt entirely to it. Rogue has almost 0 adaptions needed. Maybe I lose 100K DPS tops but with Inquisitor with movements and such you can see like 300K+. More stupidly is how the raid leaders may call you out on sucking for that fight when they don't understand inquisitor high penalty for heavy movement or being chosen for interrupt duty... Aligning for NR to fall into lava is very important and the rotation is so strict that you are reliant on the buffers so much. Getting 3 RFS up during lava is much easier to do than NR/ and last ticks of 2xLSH(or more if you start with last tick of prior LSH) with Lava in my opinion. This is probably why some inquisitors can perform better than others even though they perform well in their own eyes. The dependency on LSH's with all buffs and dots and NR to fall into those lava fields. It is quite important to have a good archon that are lined up for you than any other class in my opinion since all the backloaded damage and fitting a tight rotation into those flaring/lavas. Hence, why I also think cutting rotation down to something that performs worse on dummy actually tends to scale better in raids. YMMV depending on archon.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-18-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    [...]In fact because you take off EoL and Punishing from the best rotation SH is used more often [...]
    wait .. what?

And i think the Paragon grasping the horizon ever was one foot into being overkill.

Let's not take Marksman (jumping ranged spammer) as a benchmark please

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Viable means different things to different people.....

Hence, why I also think cutting rotation down to something that performs worse on dummy actually tends to scale better in raids. YMMV depending on archon.
    Viable to me means hitting the minimum pug dps check of 1m.

As for parse like i said i ran it one time, before i had to swap to tank for isiel, but I hit the dummy for 981k over 8 minutes (could have been better was my first time on the rotation also why it was so long) and I hit 1.2 and change on az. I do more in shaman normally hitting in the mid 1.3 to 1.5.

I also did an 8 min parse bunny hoping on a dummy using only instant cast and channels and hit 850k (again could have possibly done more I was just proving it could be used on titan while constantly moving).

I didn't make the spec for hardcore raiding but to help out some of our clerics who only shaman, and dont understand inquis to have a reasonably well performing (read good enough) ranged spec.

Not sure how the hell SH is supposed to be used more when it should be on basically perma cd.
    Last edited by beefy1212; 01-18-2020 at 03:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast