+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ISO's Ghetto Inquis build for Dummies..... i mean Shammies

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    Viable to me means hitting the minimum pug dps check of 1m.

As for parse like i said i ran it one time, before i had to swap to tank for isiel, but I hit the dummy for 981k over 8 minutes (could have been better was my first time on the rotation also why it was so long) and I hit 1.2 and change on az. I do more in shaman normally hitting in the mid 1.3 to 1.5.

I also did an 8 min parse bunny hoping on a dummy using only instant cast and channels and hit 850k (again could have possibly done more I was just proving it could be used on titan while constantly moving).

I didn't make the spec for hardcore raiding but to help out some of our clerics who only shaman, and dont understand inquis to have a reasonably well performing (read good enough) ranged spec.

Not sure how the hell SH is supposed to be used more when it should be on basically perma cd.
    SH is a dot that most its damage is backloaded when it turns legendary. If you don't get maximum of the this backloaded damage inside the best times during a fight you will lose a ton of DPS. It is much easier to control frontloaded than backloaded damage. Making sure Lava drops into the last ticks of SH, and getting the max potential of backloaded ticks during the buffs will increase DPS. It isn't only about casting it all the time but fitting in at the right time to get the 15% boost from Lava every min. and much more during flaring and nonimmune or damage reduction phases. Getting off sync with your ticks or staying on sync can be another 100K+ DPS loss depending on how fast you kill and all these factors. It is complicated to understand but LSH is just a terrible legendary. If you looked at my recommendation it would have fix almost every inquisitor problem with playability. Getting rid of backloaded damage and allowing movement for inquisitor during channels as well as no more having to run in for LFS. They would still have nonmoving cast times so still more impeded than rogue even. I think overall it would have been better than mainly buffing Nysyr's and keeping all the bad playstyle of it. It will continue to show its teeth in future content or devs/players will have to work around such a derp mechanic for one class (if there is any future content.)��Maybe I did not explain myself properly but this is what I mean about more LSH ticks in. For example, why would you want to cast your LSH so that its last powerful ticks only cast during an immunity phase when you can stagger for it to cast when it does full damage? Same with raid buffs and fitting in maximum powerful ticks.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-18-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Legendary Perseverance would be in my inquisitor for dummies spec. But I can see LBOL and LBOJ as well if all you really need to do is stay close to 1 mil dps. I think it is possible with these legendaries instead of relying on LSH timing and cast time LBoR.You should try it out. It is a very simple rotation as well with no cast time and moving channels. I mean if you are going to dumb down inquisitor may as well go all the way.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-18-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Telaran

Updated macro's from player input, still 4 buttons slightly harder to track, with better control over SH procs.

@aeydnn you meant more damage not more procs, I.E. better timing control, we only get one flaring and lava on AZ 1 on vind 1 on isiel, and 2 on titan (1 on adds 1 on titan). My guide didn't cover using your best skills during raid buff blocks, it is variable and for the player to figure out in their own group.
    Last edited by beefy1212; 01-19-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Legendary Perseverance would be in my inquisitor for dummies spec. But I can see LBOL and LBOJ as well if all you really need to do is stay close to 1 mil dps. I think it is possible with these legendaries instead of relying on LSH timing and cast time LBoR.You should try it out. It is a very simple rotation as well with no cast time and moving channels. I mean if you are going to dumb down inquisitor may as well go all the way.
    I think 1.5sec hardcast BoR > BoJ spam

1.5sec Bor isn't that bad in The end and seeing BoR+BoJ > BoD, you don't really need that mechanic anyway.
    That leaves Inquisitor with an actual Spam macro including no-worry-running features x)
    (Legendary: Radical Coalescence, Perserverance, Bolt of Retribution)

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Depravity
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Harsh Discipline
    cast Bolt of Judgement
    cast Scourge
    cast Perserverance
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    Last edited by Shas; 01-19-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    #show Radical Coalescence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Aggressive Inquisition
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast scourge
    I fear this will clip 100%
    Last edited by Shas; 01-20-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Telaran

I have never clipped it, in all the time forking around with it... It is a 4 button rotation I am sure if you can't control your desire to push the button repeatedly, you could spread them out.

It's not my finger, it's the server and short ability queue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2