+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skiye

Thread: Wardocle (Alternate setup and playstyle)

Default Wardocle (Alternate setup and playstyle)

This is based on concepts based on the original Wardocle guide by Zehne.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...37-37-2-a.html

Crystal: Philosopher's

Level 63 Mastery: Depending on the fight, you may want to opt for Faith's Freedom (100% health brez)

Buffs: Inspiration of (Battle, Keep, Survival), Boon of (Resurgence, Vitality)
    And Pick one from
    • Defensive Favor (Armor/Resist Buff...Other support cover this and it does not stack)
    • Favor of the Current (Run Speed, You'll likely use this one)
    Lastly...Shared Excess on the Tank.

Why the second guide: The original guide to Wardocle, the suggested play style was to keep up 3 stacks of healing flood and spam the hell out of Healing Effusion like it's going out of style. This runs your mana dry like a Hummer though high octane gasoline. In addition to causing you to lose your Cleric Eternal buff by going sub 50% mana very quickly.

The band-aid solution to this was to use Open Water frequently. The main issue behind that is by losing your eternal buff you lose 30,000 to all your abilities while eternal buff is lost. Or during Open Water's effects to restore mana your healing and absorbs are cut by 50%.

Either way this is a lose/lose.

The play-style I'll be outlining below is much more mana efficient and provides better overall HPS by maintaining strong eternal up-time.

Minimum Buttons for Your Action Bar

Spam Macro
    Flame Lance
    Wasting Insignia
    Overflowing Renewal
    Healing Effusion
    Healing Flood
    Soothing Stream Macro
    Healing Spray Macro
    AoE Cleanse Macro
    ST Cleanse Macro
    Open Water
    Cancel Open Water Macro
    Focus Macro

Abilities Explained:

L. Flame Lance: Increases healing 15%. The heal buff it provides is a self buff so it will last though target swaps.
    L. Wasting Insignia: Increases Healing and Absorbs by 20%. This buff is target only, so if your target dies the buff goes with it.
    Open Water: For 10 seconds, at the cost of a 50% heal reduction, your heals restore 15% mana each, and passively regens mana while active. At times you'll need to use this, but use the cancelbuff macro for it ASAP.
    Healing Effusion: Your strongest group heal, but try to avoid use.
    L. Healing Flood: During long fights this will be your biggest performer as far as HPS is concerned. Maintain 3 stacks constantly.
    Soothing Stream: Single Target HoT that stacks 4 times, keep this up at max stacks on the tank at all times.
    Healing Spray: Single Target HoT that you should maintain on the tank at all times.
    Ripple:: 30 second CD ability that spreads Soothing Stream and Healing Spray to 5 other targets. This is in the spam macro so you really don't need to monitor it.
    Overflowing Renewal Single target big heal that also leaves a HoT on the target it effects. By default it has a short cast time, but it is usually made instant by the LV 64 mastery Faith's Reward. 100% of over healing is spread to other targets.
    Divine Favor: 1 Minute cooldown that increases healing you do to allies with the buff by 5% per stack and starts at 6 stacks...so 30% extra healing for 30 seconds. I've never seen any of my heals remove stacks so it's basically a 30% heal buff every half minute.

Quick Hitters: River of Life (Your Battle Rez), Cleansing Chant/Curative Waters (Your AoE cleanses...the first one also shields the group if it cleanses something), Cleansing Waters (Your ST cleanse). Corroded Defense/Curse of Consumption/Curse of Frailty (Your support debuffs that you won't use, let the Archon/Mystic/Beastmaster handle them.)

Passives Explained

This spec is preferable to 61 Warden because of the GCD reduction from oracle and the support buffs. Oracle, unlike Bard, also increases the healing received by the party as well though Inspiration of Survival. This benefits other healers as well.

This spec also has a few other things to keep in mind.

Dangers of the Deep: Next to your health/mana bar you'll see an indicator that will normally have 5 stacks of the buff. Last 15 seconds. For each stack your HoT's (and defiler DoT's lol) have a 1 second longer duration per stack. To keep this up you need to use offensive abilities. Geyser is considered an attack that also is a fairly strong AoE heal and fits the criteria. You shouldn't have any issue keeping this up so long as the fight doesn't have long down times (Like Beligosh in TD).

Faith's Reward: This is your level 64 Mastery. This adds a HoT element to Overflowing Renewal and causes instant abilities to reduce the cast time of cast time abilities. Each instant ability reduces cast times by .5 seconds. (L. Healing Flood creates 2 stacks at at time though. I hope they never fix this lol)

Inspiration of Survival: Your insignia cast all your bard/oracle short term buffs. But Inspiration of Survival also applies shielding to the whole party. You'll be regularly casting Glacial Insignia, but you can also force a group shield with Wasting Insignia provided you haven't done a group shield within 10 seconds of the previous one. Generally if you have 5 seconds or less before Glacial Insignia's cooldown, you have a group shield available in a pinch.

How to Play

That was a lot of stuff but the playstyle isn't that hard. But it is involved and involves K-Alert monitoring.

Pre-Fight
    • Make sure Shared Excess is buffed on the Tank
    • Make sure there are 3 stacks of Healing Flood on the party
    • Make sure that there are 4 stacks of soothing stream and healing spray is on the tank. (Keep refreshing until pull is happening)

Encounter Start
    • Get Wasting Insignia and Flame Lance up on boss. (Wasting will activate your support buffs so do this first)
    • Refresh HoT's (Healing Flood, Soothing Stream, Healing Spray)
    • Spam Spam Spam away. > Refresh HoT's > Spam some more > Refresh Wasting Insignia and Flame Lance > etc

Considerations During an Encounter

You may be able to go 5 minutes long without needing to use Open Water if you stick to Geyser and HoT's.

Geyser is much less of a mana hog than Healing Effusion and heals for about 70% as much as Effusion while doing damage. You'll also contribute more DPS this way.

Your spam button will also spread your HoT's when Ripple is available. Just be sure to maintain those HoT's so that there is something to spread when it casts. You should get 66.6% up-time on 5 additional party members in addition to the tank.

Shared Excess spreads 25% of your MT overheal to the party. IE your ST HoT's get some run as group HoT's as well. Shared Excess gets a lot of run when on tanks because they get a lot of +% healing received buffs from the tanking trees.

Overflowing Renewal should always be instant cast on first use. It's the only non instant ability we use. It also doesn't matter who you target because any over healing will reach the needy target. So use it for quick tank top-offs and cast it on the tank if 1 or 2 people in the group need a quick top-off.

It's fine to use Healing Effusion during heavy damage. We try to avoid it's use, but for things like Missile Storm fire away. Just be ready to use Open Water afterwards. You don't want to recast HoT's without the eternal buff or under the effects of Open Water. You'll just weaken your existing heals. So spam effusion afterwards to get mana back quickly and use the cancellbuff macro ASAP.

I have the ST HoT's set up to cast@focus and the K-Alerts track HoT's (Healing Spray, Healing Flood, Soothing Stream) on my focus target. There are no current raid fights that require tons of offtank healing where the overheal spread from Shared Excess isn't enough to keep an offtank up perfectly fine. Just maintaining HoTs on the MT is sufficient.

Macros

Spam Macro

#show Glacial Insignia
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Divine Favor
    cast @focus Ripple
    cast Glacial Insignia
    cast Geyser
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Healing Spray

#show Healing Spray
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Healing Spray

Soothing Stream

#show Soothing Stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Soothing Stream

ST Cleanse

#show Cleansing Waters
    cast @group01 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group02 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group03 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group04 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group05 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group06 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group07 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group08 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group09 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group10 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group11 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group12 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group13 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group14 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group15 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group16 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group17 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group18 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group19 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group20 Cleansing Waters

Double AoE Cleanse

#show Cleansing Chant
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cleansing Chant
    cast Curative Waters

Cancel Open Water

cancelbuff Open Water

Focus Macro (Targeting nothing and pressing the macro will clear focus targets)

clearfocus
    focus @target

Combat Rez

#show River of Life
    cast River of Life
    yell wakey wakey %t

Kalerts

KA::AfMfAeNqtlFtv2yAYhv+K73a1DGyD7XGF41ir1C1T66k3l SwSkxjVhQhIo+zw3wtu0jWHau5
    U+SAOn+B7+F7eG6YbLj8HJRO2/WCCK75xIwSSiqw6tuW6b5b+O4yggOYpysoYRwmIkjEgwIWW7vG
    tK7GwpGCWfbr9cXHLZqITdluLuZLmVotla7lam7rlrBNyWQNYs 1HTGAKT1K0Sg5hE0Qg//cAocQv
    /MpbN78w***2/jyffqsmVG3Rv/yCXXkXyaVVNv+4n/Rjusyl/3+wgb5ixbr/gQhqxlIKdwzyJoXG
    GkxDSDJYhigF6AyhnD1zXMyEbT6kWdcMf1Fr7TsP0neTG7LBB6 rHDE2xyzBqBnnU/nJ6h/PJ0qsH
    1SrNtz7VQ87XZEZbkcJ6CCS5QlEFEs6xwVR2M585NyZbJxoQ/99WLCIww+jdGeIDR944wctXZQC2
    CS6+WF4UaWaaX3D7THMZRHMYQRrSEYZK7ohWDacxKaGFnbjW4g 4mxrwl6a02eYUIHU3bsngeXTM7
    52Tv1YpoCDCYFiovQCS0PUTY49VZ1W7PhfBXNn1JPYexTj/479ZdyulbKtr1erBP0/YmgKnIcQeM
    ExRkAKaYFzsd4PLwIat01mgm5rwGEXlD4/ewAnrkoZafUWcs7DKAwBTinEMQ5ypzjDdfWpt/w497
    uFn65vcjS8zfmXQCnzn4Ms2vNrFDy1UtUkaNAWpY5TCdJkeIih hEqB5OumGZLJesN23q/sy2vtfA
    m+NfiU5gNNInXve4RLbkGoA

Link to what your heal breakdown should look like.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Able to solo heal+ cleanse Silgen irotp @ 40k sp.
    Don't forget to jump around like a ****** while doing.

Healing output drastically increases when healing a ocPala or a tank buffed with a Riftblade's eternal boosted Stand Tall
    +the right 62 mastery.
    Spoiler!

In that case, with a Tank actively supporting you with his healing taken, the 10 sec hot from Faith's Reward + Overflowing Renewal (able to hit 2mil+) is a gain and life saver to keep up.

I prefer Bolt of Light over Flame Lance- however when **** hits the fan both are the most neglectable casts on your bar.

Hmmh you see that juicy cost reduce @40pt oracle?

*leaves lawn*
    Last edited by Shas; 03-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

I prefer Bolt of Light over Flame Lance- however when **** hits the fan both are the most neglectable casts on your bar.

Hmmh you see that juicy cost reduce @40pt oracle?

*leaves lawn*
    I don't believe Bolt of Light keeps a self buff up on yourself for target switches, but it does add extra damage. Neither is wrong, just preference. I like Flame Lance especially on TitanX when I heal it.

The cost reduce is a nice buff but there is too much good stuff towards the top of the warden tree that makes you effective.

Do you give up 10% more healing from Invigoration, and Dangers of the deep which extends the duration of HoT's? Or give up Healing Effusion? I don't think the spec works as well without those talents... Especially if you may be playing alongside a Chloro who can bring Living Energy anyway.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-17-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

Well on titan (as you mentioned) you may run docle and also a couple rogs with Planar Variation which quickly is a 300k+ dps gain simply having cost reduce.

If you need a wardocle for extendet fights and bring it for it's support healing you may want to rethink your setup :P Just see cost reduce as passive ~3% raid dmg buff.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Well on titan (as you mentioned) you may run docle and also a couple rogs with Planar Variation which quickly is a 300k+ dps gain simply having cost reduce.

If you need a wardocle for extendet fights and bring it for it's support healing you may want to rethink your setup :P Just see cost reduce as passive ~3% raid dmg buff.
    Heh, but the cats I regularly herd enjoy standing in cleaves and pretending they're tanks

I feel bad for my wife who Chantions that fight when I'm not giving her a break, I don't know how she does it without group heals lol

Standing in the lava on Malannon em/nm is a dmg gain with the Spears having less travel time :v also there are no fire ponds nor moving aoes. Best place to be.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-17-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread