+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)

Default 4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)

Shas has been bugging me to make this guide so here it is. He even made a banner! Although my main toon is a short Kellari dude. There may be better ways to play this but this is my interpretation.

Defilerocle is a DPS support variant that is useful at boosting your raid healers output, offering all of the necessary Oracle/Bard buffs as well as the extra 5% magic damage taken debuff to bosses that are applied by Defilers/Inquistiors. This is not a main support spec, but should be used alongside an Archon. In ideal conditions you should be able to hit over 800k dps raid buffed in T2 gear.

Crystal: Dominion

Buffs: Boon of Vitality, Boon of Resurgance, Inspiration of Battle, Inspiration of the Keep, Inspiration of Survival

As well as your choice of 1 of the following...

Favor of the Current, Defensive Favor, Marshaled Favor

Have These On your Bar

Miserly Affliction
    Spam Macro
    Aggressive Avarice
    Explosive Rage Macro
    Greed's Corruption
    Fervent Strike
    Rage Extraction,
    Furious Infestation
    Siphon Vitality

Have Awareness of these

Curse of Consumption
    Curse of Frailty
    Cleansing Chant (Your AE Cleanse)

Synopsis

This pretty much plays like straight Defiler. Oddly enough this spec actually does superior DPS compared to 61 defiler. Oracle lowers your global cooldowns to 1 second and Battle Fury is actually a far superior 41 Point talent to Unstable Transformation since it lasts twice as long.

In General your curses won't be used, Archon ones Last 4 minutes. But yours can be useful for large groups since your curses debuff everything around your target. Work that out with your raid lead and other supports.

How To Play

Keep up your Defiler DoT's and try to cast Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice as often as possible.

Your DoT's break into 2 categories and will build stacks of either Greed Or Rage at random times on your buff bar.

Your Greed DoT's are Miserly Affliction and Greed's Corruption.
    Your Rage DoT's are Rage Extraction, Furious Infestation, and Siphon Vitality.

Miserly Affliction is by far and away your biggest source of DPS. It ticks an extra time for each Rage DoT on your target. So it is ultra important to keep those Rage DoT's and Miserly on your target.

Setup

Fervent Strike > Spam Button x2 > Explosive Rage Macro x4 > Miserly Affliction >Greed's Corruption > Aggressive Avarice Spam until Battle fury is down to about 6 seconds > Refresh DoT's

Normal Play

When you're not refreshing DoT's you'll be using your spam button and then using Aggressive Avarice or Explosive Rage when you have 5 stacks of Greed Or Rage.

The spam button has Glacial Insignia and Marrow Harvest in it to maintain oracle buffs and Tenebrious Distortion. The final ability is miserly affliction. We do that to get greed stacks back faster for more Aggressive Avarice. It's a DPS gain to take Marrow Harvest out of the macro and cast it manually every 30 seconds. But this way is easier.

It's also good to recast Miserly Affliction as the first ability after Battle Fury+Furious Might. The boosted DPS will improve your overall numbers by quite a bit.

Macros

Spam

#show Glacial Insignia
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Insignia
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Miserly Affliction
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Explosive Rage

#show Explosive Rage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Battle Fury
    cast Furious Might
    cast Bond of Pain
    cast Explosive Rage

Kalerts

These are my multi use kalerts for defiler sub-specs. Some stuff you won't need, but abilities you don't have won't show. If you run a low resolution you may need to reposition them as well since I keep my alerts on the lower right portion of my screen.

KA::ArHCGeNq1V9tu4zYQ/RW/9akpKYqiCD1RF3YDdJsi8bYvAQTaomwiimRQdFK323/vSL6s42h
    9We9CtiGLg9Eczjkzww9aVaaejR4WVq0iHI2jspku2/5OwvfDm3WBsiClhGMqOE8FEhECSwkXguv
    elC5KlVO/PH66fVQTUxm3ys20qdvHSq2aeq7qovX+uSkKeAFjNMKE4oiQm2 D9g24YuIuS7Pdxdt/
    d4f4iCAIZ7x6HcB/0r5SfH5rGzfv4nNXqeQDAoYXwGfU5QmEg0iBOguRsCG2zrAqrT I03AAgHAH7
    4DsC/rVPTp/a/aHz3xyEWHPRY4rvx+O7jdjHYQ3SvZroPfgFbpu0OR/+8bmp9drwTbVttn7Da7je
    JsMfY9w33wSzmTT360zjVvXov8hun7Ey7L4k4sBQyDWOMhc8ZZ zQh7GxghS5NpW3e9h7zl43HfAM
    0ZOCIYO80scDma8SS2r7o2nWsMU+DCTmwEJ7EHDGJSBp7LEnk+ byaN9OnV/WivT1eeaCOa4QRN5U
    bNeXoNzObuyNZeWsnAs/HmAgJ7489LNLzQSyMNW4C3nbqCIfpdgKFh/ZQ/Gq1LoY2f71wQg7G6ed
    t+YEqkM+aqsinjanbDVEQ/QGKuK27vVDOANlhY2PlXDVIoGFDEaQyiGVGucekpJyenYKZrrU 103z
    7FHlog5PQb0rFG0J19WeU/e2smnYRH6HUoaXwOCUyRokfyJilXF4sdAse80nVUXSLiHUS9y9 GFBy
    S66d2lDTWLhcnQA0YC99HnKPMC32CKErji3HNrNHlG2CMed9Wu/aBZZsI17ou9RFY70wF9pDMeIr
    9hCfQKs+n30TZiS4g64ttBUB+Rzv/Mnn5A/Ly9wtbL5ORXNrVkKj2l0WAMMtwCANLksXyglYPk8I
    L5GdqdevypszbuSqa1732cq2a/lKt64YSqAFmVht1JEXvTKFjBgyKM8fSoz4w71JYE1MX4LEDVui
    XZmm7P4WyT7Vu28MeFHQfAEgvLN2fasjyBFIxtqpuy8Y+qwOJ7 RB+zVQgIgOa4JR4WRoGF3BxK7D
    lxnPu3njeTQp+n8rwqlQmSxizOv08NBDBsjgmt/e2gqWxRDRBLPa5QPT84jjtfPXk3Pjaqq4bq/3
    r+u526pfQN4sjp4L1uoBOGsQCIz+mnLDk/KnhVdlC1z/P1+7ysnO3SQ0m3ekAfd/ePIYWObGmWba
    j1LSusSeq/rC9oIQywUF7iBNJgwsmVxAZTCC1g1PEMwyPOdrVSnJm3T/S0KDo9aHe1iXULXUC25C
    1wDwLkZS+iBnDMSfXtOqdys7GdqSnfTRwlqlWI1GWlTk+gchow FhAN8JJKimMt2kSpsHlzXoOhbh
    a5V1PaNZjWz7Zm3UJvuoo+z+zs7oH

72 Raid Dummy parse with no consumables or weaponstones.

Last edited by Skiye; 03-11-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)-27f3.jpg
    Can we call it FrootyLööps?

Don't forget it has a cost reduce COST REDUCE! 100k gain on bofors! woop woop (Bard needs 48 pt for that)

For some slick cleave on Vindicator you can go 44Oracle and use the 'spam macro' (Glacial Insignia) as cooldown 'spamer' with Oversight (Bard needs 51 pt for that)
    Last edited by Shas; 03-03-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

Flaring synced opener:

[hardcast Insignia of Blood (2secs) on countdown for raid buffs]
    (Marrow Harvest)
    Fervent Strike
    Siphon Vitality -Archont cd's around here
    Furious Infestation -Archont cd's around here
    Rage Extraction
    Battle Fury - Bond of Pain
    Furious Might - Misery Affliction spam (Explosive Rage > Aggressive Avarice on procc)
    Refresh Glacial(oracle buffs) >(Miser's Dedication)> Siphon> Furious> Rage Extraction> Misery Affliction (as dot)> Greed's Corruption

Main point of Greeds Corruption is to gain Greed stacks. but the offensive FrootyLööps has 'Rampant Greed' which makes Avarice procc almost every 1-2 Misery Affliction anyway.

Why Greed's corruption so late? You want range stacks asap to get as many Explosive Rage into Flaring Power as possible while Misery Affliction proccs greed stacks already. Greed's corruption is your strongest default dot, benefiting from emblem of ice. Apply it when your first Rage Extraction and Furious Infestation run out (after 24 secs) and refresh them together from then on.

proof me wrong

Explosive Rage ticks up to 2mil on dummies
    4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)-2019-03-03_153659.jpg
    Last edited by Shas; 03-03-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

TBH if you're Archon is putting up Lava+flaring from the get go it would probably be wiser to tell them to delay it 3 seconds.

The chon's first couple GCD's should be to get up phys/non-phys and then Illuminate debuffs up. Plus most of the popular dps specs have bit of a ramp up time. Ele/Pyro, Riftblade, MM being the ones that come immediately to mind. Most would benefit from a 3 second lead in before the big raid damage cd's.

The Fervent + Spam Button x2 (to apply buffs and TD) should perfectly match those lead in times.

Just my opinion though, take it or leave it.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-03-2019 at 06:56 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I was referring to bis cd timing @4.5 seconds :v

Shascleric@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I was referring to bis cd timing @4.5 seconds :v
    Oh sorry. I misunderstood. Don't mind me...lol

Added a parses to give an idea of what the damage breakdown looks like.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-03-2019 at 07:45 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    TBH if you're Archon is putting up Lava+flaring from the get go it would probably be wiser to tell them to delay it 3 seconds.

The chon's first couple GCD's should be to get up phys/non-phys and then Illuminate debuff
    Illuminate is hardly worth the global cooldown and should be used with the lowest priority.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5356291

For fights in the range 05:10 - 06:00 minutes it is best to start directly with Lava Field and Flaring Power. This allows you to use the second CD block longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Illuminate is hardly worth the global cooldown and should be used with the lowest priority.
    When you don't plan to use Pillaging, sure.

For fights in the range 05:10 - 06:00 minutes it is best to start directly with Lava Field and Flaring Power. This allows you to use the second CD block longer.
    [...]
    (Precast Void bolt)
    (Hardcast Granite Salvo +2500)
    Hardcast Volcanic Bomb +5% (chance it proccs either way)
    Crumbling Resistance
    Flaring Lava
    Ashen Defense
    -> Now almost any spec starts to exceed 1mil
    Illuminate
    Dire Corruption DT
    (proccs or Pillaging Stone)
    Lingering Dust if no or no more Proccs
    Pillaging Stone every 2nd gcd
    -> recieve ts/ discord chatter of 'wtf those numbers'
    [...]
    In general: Flarring Lava before 3 secs: waste | after 5 secs: loss
    May want to check the dps specs in your group and then decide your priority.

4.5 is 3 gcd's. Volcanic, (Granite), Crumbling on default before Flarring Lava
    Shaman, bofors are starting viable physicals after 5-6 secs

With a bard you can go Volcanic, Crumbling, Ashen Defense

-> Almost any dps spec takes 3 secs before they start hitting: 'Another Vulcanist', RB, NB, Ele etc

Only the onbuttons are dpsing right away but who tf cares about minmaxing onebuttons?

Going Flarring Lava first means you buff ****ty build up abilities like Dusk Strike, Fervent Strike, Ravaging Strike, Ignite or Precision Bolt for 3-4 seconds and make the cd's end 3-4 seconds earlyer which may makes it miss a full RFS, Glacial Strike/ AI, Rift Burst, 6 hits of Crystalline, Fury Blast etc.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Going Flarring Lava first means you buff ****ty build up abilities like Dusk Strike, Fervent Strike, Ravaging Strike, Ignite or Precision Bolt for 3-4 seconds and make the cd's end 3-4 seconds earlyer which may makes it miss a full RFS, Glacial Strike/ AI, Rift Burst, 6 hits of Crystalline, Fury Blast etc.
    But if you use it first , you buff Fury blast of melee PL spec and 21/18 spec, which are the highest dps spec int he game atm ;)
    It really depens who are your dps and who play them.

Not the best ST point layout but at least there is a guide for it now. If you are actively cleansing in full T2 + raid buffs you should be well above 800K. Depending on all raid buffs.. crit buff/primal buff and actively using Greed's Call wisely it is not impossible to hit even close to 1 million. This is the only spec I actually considered for a long time that set cleric apart from the rest. Unfortunately, a lot of guild leaders are still too derp to allow their clerics to play it. Even asking for them to play inquisitor although it brings the same 5% magical debuff + inflates the DPS of other DPS much better than the bard hybrids can do.. I think one of the problems is that it is still slightly too low on the dps to make it definite raid spot. Maybe if Gamigo buffed it by 10-15% or to the level achievable by a chon dps it will force raiders to acknowledge how great it really is for them and the cleric class as a whole.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-04-2019 at 01:18 AM.

General of Telara

[...]
    (Precast Void bolt)
    (Hardcast Granite Salvo +2500)
    Hardcast Volcanic Bomb +5% (chance it proccs either way)
    Crumbling Resistance
    Flaring Lava
    Ashen Defense
    -> Now almost any spec starts to exceed 1mil
    Illuminate
    Dire Corruption DT
    (proccs or Pillaging Stone)
    Lingering Dust if no or no more Proccs
    Pillaging Stone every 2nd gcd
    -> recieve ts/ discord chatter of 'wtf those numbers'
    [...]
    With precasting Void Bolt instead instead of Volcanic Bomb and start with Granite Salvo (2500 AP/SP Buff), you unnecessarily delay the other important Archon raid buffs in favor of your own DPS. The 2500 AP/SP Buff should come from the Bard/Oracel to get all the important raid Buffs as fast as possible.

That's why it's in brackets :V

Starting from having a proper countdown, often you end up with a ninjapull and 1 sec reaction time which means even with a Volcanic and Crumbling oyu end up on a 4sec cd timing.

Idealy 2500 gets applied by bard/ora and you use one pillaging stone after iluminate to get the earth Primary Bolt running for your cd's. Sometimes you don't run a Bard etc then ofc Granite is a priority cast and takes care of the initial earth Primary.

The way i am doing openers for myself is that i am trying to not only get the theoretical max, but the realistic max (including a range start and a little running and positioning)
    The Void bolt thing simply ended up being a gain for me while not lowering the support capeabilities.
    Gladly taking a programm to simulate rotations with btw (min max potential, refreshing dots early etc) still there is -as it ever was- a difference between theoretical math and a live encounter.
    Why do we talk about Archont here btw?

Shascleric@Zaviel

General of Telara

T
    Why do we talk about Archont here btw?
    In our defense Skiye has first put archon into play

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Not the best ST point layout but at least there is a guide for it now. If you are actively cleansing in full T2 + raid buffs you should be well above 800K.
    Yeah you could take a point from glacial insignia and assign it elsewhere, and manually cast wasting to keep your buffs up. It plays a lot easier with 1 less thing to manage with GI though.

Any other suggestions you'd make?

In our defense Skiye has first put archon into play
    /me hides from his own creation.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Y
    Any other suggestions you'd make?
    Frootyheals?

4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)-another-one-300x300.jpg

Healing Defiler with
    - 20% healing loss but
    +Burst dmg
    +COST (fking) REDUCE! (~130k - 760k raid dps gain alone)

Stays right betweeen the Healfiler and Frootylööps (thanks Hok for reminding me)
    Last edited by Shas; 03-05-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast