+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)

lol this is funny, this thread started good with the constructive talk about the defiler /oracle build and this aedyn guy derails it with his buff cleric BS.

tldr: give me a 1 button spam ranged cleric build than can do 2 mil dps
    Last edited by Knive; 03-12-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knive View Post
    tldr: give me a 1 button spam ranged cleric build than can do 2 mil dps
    Too late you missed it with warrior.. mostly 1 button chantion. Best spec ever! EU and NA players have different personalities. Like it really seems crazy to me that EU now have all these sweetheart players when EU was VASTLY more competitive than NA pulling the most world firsts and now NA players complaining they need to be competitive in obsolete content when they were the least competitive players. At this point without releasing progressive content, there is no point in doing any changes in the back end like class changes. Just let everyone be the way they are. PvP is dead anyway so free favor farming clerics and mages on rogue and warrior isn't as fun as it use to be which is the only competitive thing left in Rift at the moment. Sorry clerics I had to say it :P Too bad the devs busted your oracle/defiler spec.. this spec.. which actually was used by a very small select players in PvP before it ever became a raid thing.. or you guys would have been OP as F now with the very little 5v5 matches that happen now. (Reduction to FH/AA heals in PvP) Before this spec was nearly unkillable in 1 v 1. Too bad it finally got released after all the nerfs into a virtually dying game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-12-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Just some thoughts

It has been a long time since i tinkered around with this spec but as far as i remember this was the best point spread dps wise for me at least

https://imgur.com/pPeLPkC

couldnīt find a working parse on prancing from back in the day (like a year ago or so ^^) but if i recall it right i had numbers ranging from 950k up to 1mil dps at titan x (boss phase only) in mixed t1/t2 gear.
    But there is a parse from early 2019 so u kinda get an idea of what this spec can pull off in a raid.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ty&filter=npcs

whats different and why?
    Oracle
    If u are comfortable with micromanaging ur insignia (casting it at least every 18-20 secs) then wasting should do more dmg than glacial, not alot but this frees up the point spent on "glacial insignia" which then can be put into something more worthwhile.
    Same happened with the point spent in "greater exposure" (+5m buffrange) in this variant.

Defiler
    The points spent at "husk of indifference / cardial conversion" make it much more save to use "greeds call" which should outperform the +2% while >60%hp and +10% flat buff on "siphon vitality"

Hope this is usefull to someone.

with kind regards,
    Fyel@Typhiria
    Last edited by Crysaris; 05-15-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysaris View Post
    It has been a long time since i tinkered around with this spec but as far as i remember this was the best point spread dps wise for me at least

https://imgur.com/pPeLPkC

couldnīt find a working parse on prancing from back in the day (like a year ago or so ^^) but if i recall it right i had numbers ranging from 950k up to 1mil dps at titan x (boss phase only) in mixed t1/t2 gear.
    But there is a parse from early 2019 so u kinda get an idea of what this spec can pull off in a raid.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ty&filter=npcs

whats different and why?
    Oracle
    If u are comfortable with micromanaging ur insignia (casting it at least every 18-20 secs) then wasting should do more dmg than glacial, not alot but this frees up the point spent on "glacial insignia" which then can be put into something more worthwhile.
    Same happened with the point spent in "greater exposure" (+5m buffrange) in this variant.

Defiler
    The points spent at "husk of indifference / cardial conversion" make it much more save to use "greeds call" which should outperform the +2% while >60%hp and +10% flat buff on "siphon vitality"

Hope this is usefull to someone.

with kind regards,
    Fyel@Typhiria
    Thanks for the input Fyel, glad to see your input since I think you're the only other person I've seen using a build like this in BoS.

I'll give your husk idea a try next time I use this build. So far this is my best parse on Titan's burn phase.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

Bamul's sheet has me at 964k with the build I outlined. I'll give it a go and see if i can break 1m. Being able to use Greed's call would be a nice addition. I seriously wish Gamigo would fix the 15% of health criting you for 75% of your health bug already...
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-15-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Refreshing soft support buffs early has a couple advantages: you get a shield on every rebuff/ when someone has to run on missiles, dropping a void you run a lower rist on having buffs running out on him (and missing 20% healing taken on a missile is noticeable) same goes with the buff range. At first you run a Oracle (dps or heal) for the support so that's still priority in my eyes.

besides that, is WI (19sec) WI (19sec) WI better (clipping the dot 10 secs early) than WI GS WI ?

Interesting thoughts

Much more safe, but is it really safe? feels like the built in temporary dmg% buffs effect it so greeds call outside internal dmg% phases is a huge joy anyway ^^
    Last edited by Shas; 05-15-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    | Hierosolyma@Zaviel | Azuren@Zaviel | Salem@Zaviel | Syenn@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Refreshing soft support buffs early has a couple advantages: you get a shield on every rebuff/
    IoS can't be applied more than every 10 seconds, but yes, your point is a good one.

I don't want anyone to get the impression that you can spam WI and shield constantly. But I know that's not what you meant.
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-15-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Refreshing soft support buffs early has a couple advantages: you get a shield on every rebuff/ when someone has to run on missiles, dropping a void you run a lower rist on having buffs running out on him (and missing 20% healing taken on a missile is noticeable) same goes with the buff range. At first you run a Oracle (dps or heal) for the support so that's still priority in my eyes.

besides that, is WI (19sec) WI (19sec) WI better (clipping the dot 10 secs early) than WI GS WI ?

Interesting thoughts

Much more safe, but is it really safe? feels like the built in temporary dmg% buffs effect it so greeds call outside internal dmg% phases is a huge joy anyway ^^
    Sure u r running it primarly because of the support stuff but there is no scenario in BoS other than bad luck (missile like 2 secīs prior to defensiv spin) or both affected people derping around while dropping the voids which would force u to run out of buff range except the moving out/in phase at the titan x encounter, but even with full buff range u would only reach like 2-3 people while the raid is spread out across the entire room since none of ur buffs get the range buff from range modules
    But yeah if u r puging and/or feel uncomfortable with the 20 meter range because u canīt say for sure that people will stay in it 1 or 2 points in "greater exposure" will help alot.

On the early refresh thing i donīt see any reason to do so since from my expirience if someone dies to missile->follow up ae dmg/ simply taking to much ticks of missile the overkill tends to be pretty obvious ranging from 200-250k and no 25k-ish shield will prevent getting killed in that case.
    For sure there may be exceptions like 1 out of 100 but even than it would require the oracle player to have an ridiculous short amount of reaction time to actively use this shield in order to prevent deaths and if u refresh it rota wise every 10 secs u r most likely to miss that sweetspot anyway.

On the other hand where u use GI just to maximize ur absorb output (from the numbers i recall and depending on the spec heal/dps -variant) u r straight loosing out on like 350-500k/450-700k dmg every 20 secs and thats only if we are talking about rebuffing instead of using an MS provided all ur avalable rage effects are up for a gain of an 300k-ish absorb value evenly spread between ur raid which isnīt needed at any of all the avalable encounters we have atm to heal through the default ae dmg received.

The usage of GI as a filler rebuff would require a bit of testing but i think the net gain from not even skilling it and instead taking the 2% extra ressi ignore from "scouring waves" will come out ahead especially if u take the earlier mentioned case (rebuff over MS etc. , which u would forcefully create in that case if u want to provide an optimized uptime for WI) into consideration.

Yeah for Greeds Call to say it would be safe to use it would be to much^^ but husk makes it more viable since u r not nearly one shoting ur self every time u use it .
    Last edited by Crysaris; 05-15-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Jeah sure internal cd of 10 secs before reapplying. Sometimes a random procc makes the difference between a kill or wipe.
    Additionaly to that i myself always gladly trade 2% dmg for more utility. (Glacial Mark, Guarded Departue, 4pts into wc on RB etcpp)

Once you get the surrounding to minmax oracle dps, please don't forget to combatlog and upload to Prancing turtle

Shascleric@Zaviel
    | Hierosolyma@Zaviel | Azuren@Zaviel | Salem@Zaviel | Syenn@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4