+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    ...and actively using Greed's Call wisely...
    Can crit, may kills you. Don't use. Misery proccs 5 stacks 24/7.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    | Hierosolyma@Zaviel | Azuren@Zaviel | Salem@Zaviel | Syenn@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Can crit, may kills you. Don't use. Misery proccs 5 stacks 24/7.
    Yes, it really sucks that it does this but some boss damage is predictable and you can use it then like on commander you can definitely just use it between the damage intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Yeah you could take a point from glacial insignia and assign it elsewhere, and manually cast wasting to keep your buffs up. It plays a lot easier with 1 less thing to manage with GI though.

Any other suggestions you'd make?

/me hides from his own creation.
    You didn't put the point into emblem of pain.. but it shows in your parse. That is the biggest change but I think you should get higher dps than that.. last I checked I think I was 850K+ but that was in PTS so probably a bit more now in live with almost 1000 more CP. Ohh yes, I remember something. You should only use wasting/gi before every 20 secs if I remember correct and maybe also marrow harvest can line up after your syphon vitalityand before your CD macro.It may boost dps. Haven't played the spec in ages so I don't quite remember but I do remember doing over 900K back then with it in raids..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-04-2019 at 10:14 AM.

You didn't put the point into emblem of pain.. but it shows in your parse. That is the biggest change but I think you should get higher dps than that.. last I checked I think I was 850K+ but that was in PTS so probably a bit more now in live with almost 1000 more CP. Ohh yes, I remember something. You should only use wasting/gi before every 20 secs if I remember correct and maybe also marrow harvest can line up after your syphon vitalityand before your CD macro.It may boost dps. Haven't played the spec in ages so I don't quite remember but I do remember doing over 900K back then with it in raids..
    Battle Fury applies all emblems, regardless if you put a point into EoP.

I definitely agree that if you're good at micromanaging Marrow Harvest and refreshing your insignia as buffs expire can lead to more AA and ER casts for more dps. But for the purposes of this guide I'll stick with advising the easier play style to get people accustomed to the spec.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-04-2019 at 10:26 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Well it's the old son over and over again: When you bring numbers youll get pmed about basics. When you keep it basic youll get shout out for not enough in depth. :v

People who are interested minmaxing a sup spec may come across breaking down a spam macro into separate ones themselves. :P
    At one point having a macro taking care of a couple buffs > having downtime, bc new spec.

[...]You should only use wasting/gi before every 20 secs if I remember correct[...]
    Inspiration of Survival can be applied every 10 secs tho.

[...]Haven't played the spec in ages so I don't quite remember but I do remember doing over 900K back then with it in raids[...]
    70 dps got a 'rework' in the meantime aswell.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-04-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I definitely agree that if you're good at micromanaging Marrow Harvest and refreshing your insignia as buffs expire can lead to more AA and ER casts for more dps. But for the purposes of this guide I'll stick with advising the easier play style to get people accustomed to the spec.
    Something seems to have changed, because from what I can see Marrow spam is now a dps increase and so is using your emblem of ice with your greed dot. I also don't recall getting agony without specing into it for BF.. but maybe I overlooked it? I would suggest maybe using emblem of ice before your greed corruption DoT. Either way as long as you are not the designated cleanser I think you can do fairly well with the spec in Raids. 900K+ Still could use a slight buff in my opinion. Anyway good luck.. I don't play cleric nor the game much anymore.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-05-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Yeah thanks for the input nevertheless. Was around 1.250 burst azranel so your 900 is a fairly realistic assessment.

Still a 12 button piano. Which makes it fun and frustrating, buffing tempests.

Explosive Rage max 2.8m, min 1.2m
    Last edited by Shas; 03-05-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Micromanaging Emblem of Ice is a tad like a piano but probably manageable. Definitely sounds worth it.

This is a pretty old parse from me, I only ever used this spec on Isiel before I discovered Defihealer. I was over 1.1m during the first phase. Of course these are a bit inflated since Lava+Flaring was up for more than half of it.

I could see maybe even close to 1m parses on Azranel as long as it's not an extended fight with lots of defensive spin phases and bad missile storm luck.

https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

3,529,647 ER hit...HUZZAH!
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-05-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

General of Telara

I have added a support sheet to my spreadsheet.

Hmm since 61 arbiter can provide the defilerhals with ease i hope we see this more often in thef uture;

when cleric can't paly with the big boys we give them a new playgroung i guess. the support dps section.

Btw i'm missing a couple insulting, but constructive macros for being a offensive support. Mybe we should rename it GordonRamsay?
    Last edited by Shas; 03-05-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel

Btw i'm missing a couple insulting, but constructive macros for being a offensive support. Mybe we should rename it GordonRamsay?
    Clerics...they're rubbish support!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I have added a support sheet to my spreadsheet.

Wow, very cool. Thanks for taking the time to keep this updated. The tab where you break down the ST dps is extremely helpful...in addition to see what specs are tops in performance on the rest of the tabs.

Ty, oh and your mage spreadsheet was also super helpful when I was dusting off my mage alt. Ty for making that as well.

4.5 Defilerocle (Offensive Support Hybrid)-wholesome_memes.jpg
    disgusting!

Shascleric@Zaviel

Champion

when cleric can't paly with the big boys we give them a new playgroung i guess.
    Out of all the classes we have sat players who played cleric the most since IROTP. We take cleric tanks but have sat them out of every other role when they wanted to play those roles. Possibly replaced 12 different clerics or had them switch to their alt in this expansion. They are pretty much a dead class. We do take experienced ones to carry alts though when we don't have space. It actually feels kind of dirty making them cleanse bot for our raid but they want to do it so.. we let them.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-06-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Out of all the classes we have sat players who played cleric the most since IROTP. We take cleric tanks but have sat them out of every other role when they wanted to play those roles. Possibly replaced 12 different clerics or had them switch to their alt in this expansion. They are pretty much a dead class. We do take experienced ones to carry alts though when we don't have space. It actually feels kind of dirty making them cleanse bot for our raid but they want to do it so.. we let them.
    Maybe if you can't do irotp with people playing clerics , you should ask yourself some questions. Irotp can be done with 7-8 cleric if they at least have the first eternal stage for their weapons and play a 1-button shaman ...
    But well , this spec is great , can even turn it into a heal spec like shas said before if your group need more heal from somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast