+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Drufiler

Default 4.5 Drufiler

It's possible this may be a new meta build for clerics, I'd love to get some testing and feedback from the community and see if it's possible to squeeze some extra dps out of this in a manner that's still playable. In dummy parses I've been consistently out parsing inquisitor. But YMMV.

This is not an easy build to play, especially if you're not used to playing Defiler. Unfortunately this build requires you to be in melee as you'll receive a hefty DPS loss if you can't cast resounding blow. But it is pretty tolerant of short disconnects.

It is terrible at target switching, has zero cleave outside the pet, but is fully mobile without any real cast times. It also brings a handy purge and interrupt, as well as a short term damage intercept that is actually usable since we also have Strength of the Fae to combine with it (See Macro). Plus your raid will gain a dps boost from Tenebrious Distortion applied by Marrow Harvest.

Buffs: None
    Synergy Crystal: Dominion
    Pet: Faerie Seer

Keep these abilities on your bar:

Fervent Strike
    Furious Infestation
    Rage Extraction
    Siphon Vitality
    Greed's Corruption
    Eruption of Life
    Spam Macro
    Miserly Macro
    Notion Theft (Your Interrupt)
    Jealous Intervention (Your Purge)

What makes this build work.

Resounding blow drastically increases the damage from life surge, as well giving Miserly Affliction a huge boost after casting it. Miserly affliction ticks and Insignia of Blood procs will quickly detonate Life Surge stacks which are applied from Eurption of Life casts. Defiler also comes with a few heavy hitting abilities and a lot of DoT's that you'll need to closely watch and manage. This build will be mostly unplayable if you don't use K-Alerts.

How to play

Miserly affliction will tick one additional time for each rage dot on your target.
    Those dots are...
    • Furious Infestation
    • Rage Extraction
    • Siphon Vitality

It will also remove life surge stacks that you apply with Eruption of Life each time it ticks. So usually 3 stacks per tick so long as you have miserly and your 3 rage dots up. So this works mostly like a priority system with lots of Kalert monitoring.

Keep Miserly and your rage dots going.
    keep your life surge stacks up by manually casting eruption of life.

In your downtime your spam macro has other abilities that will boost your damage and act as filler between refreshes.

Punishing Strike (applies 20% damage boost to target)
    Bond of Pain (Applies all rage dots, once per minute)
    Explosive Rage (Heavy hitter that does increased damage per stack of rage on your character)
    Aggressive Avarice (Heavy hitter that does additional damage per greed stack on your character)

There's a lot of RNG with this build, but usually your rotation will look something like...

Miserly macro until MA appears on Kalert > Eruption of Life > Greed's corruption > Spam Macro until greed stacks disappear > Eruption of Life > Miserly Macro again until it gets a refresh > Eruption of life > Frefresh Rage DoT's > Repeat

(If you have Bond of Pain off CD you can skip refreshing the Rage DoTs and get some extra spam macro whacks in)

As I said before there's a lot of RNG as far as how fast life surge falls off and how many rage/greed stacks you have at any given time. Just try your best to keep up life surge and your DoTs while going though your entire spam macro until you have no greed stacks left.

Macros

Spam

#show Punishing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Explosive Rage
    cast Aggressive Avarice
    cast Peace of the Forest
    cast Shield of Oak

Resounding Blow/Miserly Affliction

#show Miserly Affliction
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Bond of Pain
    cast Miserly Affliction
    cast Furious Might

Damage Intercept

#show Link of Misery
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Link of Misery
    cast Strength of the Fae

Kalerts (I put mine on the bottom right so you'll need to repossition them most likely. Also these are my general use defiler macros i use for multiple roles. Remove what you don't need.)

KA::AY0r9eNq1V9tu4zYQ/RW/9akpKYqiCD1RF3YDdJsi8bYvAQTaomwiCmVQclL38u8dyZbrdR T
    HrrdQbMjiYDSH5/DM5JNWlbGLycPKqU2Eo2lU1vN1099J+Hz6al2gLEgp4ZgKzlOB RIQgUsKF4Lo
    3ZRulqlU/PH65fVQzU5l2k5t5bZvHSm1qu1S2aLw/booCXsAYjTChOCLkJth+oRsG6aIk+3ma3Xd
    3uL8IgkKm+8ch3Af9K+VfD3XdLvv6WqfV8wiA4wjhM+pzhMJAp EGcBMnZEJp6XRVOGYt3AAgHAH7
    4BsCfTavmT83f0fTul2MsOOixxHfT6d3nYTE4QHSvFrovfgVbp t0eR//c1lafXe9Mu0a7J6yG/SY
    R9hj7tuU+mNWytpNfTau6Vx9UftMqt9Dtv0QcRQqZhjHGwueMM 5oQdjawQpem0i5v+oz5yy5jvgM
    aMkhEsPexsCDmPWFlbr1qDdRbl5OfTKlPAHsTKrCHZMZT7Cc8A bnR8ylTbqaL1qnVoDHkd6T5l5H
    mj5DmH4CTa2fqdTO5taWGPF3xJ/CNRQvMsxBJ6YuYMRxzcjF5DvSczyqzWLZ74hD5b8QdCvJHp3U
    xdoC2Cx+cINPq58GxwDjyRV0V+bw2thlKpP/DIepL+66ZJLXbaekEHSPBwvcR5yjzQp8gitL4YjY
    WzuhyR8dgF971ZHSmNcl+B0HPP0B1HCk8TomMUeIHMmYpl9cIb McdWAwg8i9uOIeIpHYv2rZdNzF
    Po0Z9FCE8iTliEpE09liSnA+kWdbzp1f1or2DfuNB17ymYf6mm rbrhre2MQtr1AlK3oSCVQfMw4J
    j6VEfhHY2FOi8L0DJzNgCMuZ1mRf6pQZfgR+Fck9WN80xyKD7A 4D0Y4QeOkAYq7at9ARcazNGz+G
    yCBBmGQ5hokmyWF4wC+wAzR04YgenWaqifj3oP2MecQlPnw307 mozEWVZmdOHR0YjwQI6B05SSTE
    maRKmweWWsAT+q03eQaxdb/v5bCAp7E7SdaPbMFlKMNrixOS5XRdgvUEsMPJjyglL0rPxvCpX aPv
    9cpsuL7t0O6Jw129Axt/UzOG4rMx2v7qJYKu3MSWOB4oglUEsM8o9JiXl5w8PC221M/N8eIo8NBg
    fvV6QXyxsygxOztQp25S1ez6eG/bA3gsViMiAJjglXpaGwQVz0aDJ9S5z3n6VeT9A+P3JC68COoV
    tnG0nntR00v+gc43HC0ooExxsEnEiaXDBdAt+CCOHbeE/jWdoJDnaz4Lnjkfv969/AJIPP40

Here's a 72 dummy parse without raid buffs or weapon stone.

Last edited by Skiye; 04-04-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

was thinking this the other day, if this spec is good these days. This was the best spec during nmt, happy its relevant again

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5245712

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5245732

might be something in this thread that might be relevant.

soul tree looks good though, all points in relevant things, will post numbers later

You sir are a god,

let's all make bos 2/3 melee strat meta finaly.

-> Not a fan of 'spaming' Marrow Harvest since it's nonphys bonus lasts 30 secs and the dmg of it is lower than one gcd Misery Affliction refresh. Maybe there is a way to display the default tick interval of Misery Affliction (and Frozen Wrath on Shaman, Extraordinary Care on Lib . ? someone please make a lightweight addon for slow ticking effects over time!!)
    In that case you may want to refresh Harvest at that gcd, Affliction ticks naturaly anyway.
    Same with Punishing Strike and use it oore in an Inquisitor-manner every 15 secs.
    Needs Testing
    I assume Affliction ticks 4(5?) times per default tick and refresh - so which abilities ACTUALY do more damage /gcd than those ticks? And what's the the better approach- maxing Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice or somehow sync them on Resounding Blow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Resounding blow drastically increases the damage from life surge, as well giving Miserly Affliction a huge boost after casting it.
    Life Surge seems to be quite low in total dmg% and i wonder if it's full ticktime dmg comes close to one Explosive Rage - or even use a +50% EoL and refresh it with Essence Strike?

-> Not a fan of using non rotation off gcd's ontop of a macro giving every macro press a 0.1 sec internal dealy.

-> Easy improvement: you may like to hear that spamtoggling Fae Dispersion proccs Insignia of Blood (With a proccrate of ~66%) will max the uptime if IoB on that 1,5 sec gcd. Doing 120k dps by just pressing that one. May gets your IoB from 6% to 12-14% total. (Every ability which somehow calculates with base damage such as leg. Furious Assault, Glacial Shield and Vengeance proccs IoB with 66% having an internal cd of around 1 sec)

With Misery Affliction gaining Greed Stacks it may bee a quality of life and damage streamline neglecting Greed's Corruption? (total Greed's Corruption vs one gcd of Misery Affliction. Since your defihealer already benefits from maxing Misery ticks. the idea is that you are busy with alot of good proccs, EoL and physicals while not even benefiting having 5 Geeed Stacks 1-2 secs quicker.

/How about offtanking Azrael with the greater Protector on manual Taunt (with a Warlord MT and Weapon Brothers?) or just let it die and resummon lol.
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...kaAgESy/Y|P__w

/You didn't use a pet in the parse? It may quickly do a couple % more. The Satyr Destroyer may do more st dmg while not getting effected by Fae Dispersion. Also the pets get a good bonus on physical but not on life dmg done.

ima test it today and brb (there are actually pretty decent skins for Destroyer and Seer)

You seem to rather max AA and ER instead of 'spaming' Misery Affliction which is interesting. Will check the difference between letting it tick on 50% 1/3rd second auto vs manual max swings + 50% bonus on RE.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-24-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    You sir are a god,

let's all make bos 2/3 melee strat meta finaly.

-> Not a fan of 'spaming' Marrow Harvest since it's nonphys bonus lasts 30 secs and the dmg of it is lower than one gcd Misery Affliction refresh. Maybe there is a way to display the default tick interval of Misery Affliction (and Frozen Wrath on Shaman, Extraordinary Care on Lib . ? someone please make a lightweight addon for slow ticking effects over time!!)
    In that case you may want to refresh Harvest at that gcd, Affliction ticks naturaly anyway.
    Same with Punishing Strike and use it oore in an Inquisitor-manner every 15 secs.
    Needs Testing
    I assume Affliction ticks 4(5?) times per default tick and refresh - so which abilities ACTUALY do more damage /gcd than those ticks? And what's the the better approach- maxing Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice or somehow sync them on Resounding Blow?

Life Surge seems to be quite low in total dmg% and i wonder if it's full ticktime dmg comes close to one Explosive Rage - or even use a +50% EoL and refresh it with Essence Strike?

-> Not a fan of using non rotation off gcd's ontop of a macro giving every macro press a 0.1 sec internal dealy.

-> Easy improvement: you may like to hear that spamtoggling Fae Dispersion proccs Insignia of Blood (With a proccrate of ~66%) will max the uptime if IoB on that 1,5 sec gcd. Doing 120k dps by just pressing that one. May gets your IoB from 6% to 12-14% total. (Every ability which somehow calculates with base damage such as leg. Furious Assault, Glacial Shield and Vengeance proccs IoB with 66% having an internal cd of around 1 sec)

With Misery Affliction gaining Greed Stacks it may bee a quality of life and damage streamline neglecting Greed's Corruption? (total Greed's Corruption vs one gcd of Misery Affliction. Since your defihealer already benefits from maxing Misery ticks. the idea is that you are busy with alot of good proccs, EoL and physicals while not even benefiting having 5 Geeed Stacks 1-2 secs quicker.

/How about offtanking Azrael with the greater Protector on manual Taunt (with a Warlord MT and Weapon Brothers?) or just let it die and resummon lol.

/You didn't use a pet in the parse? It may quickly do a couple % more. The Satyr Destroyer may do more st dmg while not getting effected by Fae Dispersion. Also the pets get a good bonus on physical but not on life dmg done.

ima test it today and brb (there are actually pretty decent skins for Destroyer and Seer)

You seem to rather max AA and ER instead of 'spaming' Misery Affliction which is interesting. Will check the difference between letting it tick on 50% 1/3rd second auto vs manual max swings + 50% bonus on RE.
    Another change that makes sense is to add Furious Might and Bond of Pain into the miserly macro so that the applied DoTs possibly get the boost from Resounding Blow. I'll have to test that, but the old guides Killerloose posted seem to indicate that it works.

The mele pet definitely does more dps, but it's sometimes derpy and stops attacking, so I usually opt for the ranged pet.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-24-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I just killed myself on a dummy. Even without Peace of the Forest.

You macro'd in greed's call didn't you? :P

It can crit you for 3/4 of your health. (bug that has existed for a long time) Siphon Vitality and Rage Extraction should be more than enough to keep you full health from the 10% health drops you inflict upon yourself from greed spells.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-24-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Even without that it's ticking quite hefty on yourself. thinking about the shield procc and legendary feary ofc

Even without that it's ticking quite hefty on yourself. thinking about the shield procc and legendary feary ofc
    You won't be able to switch either of the druid legendaries, but you could swap the legendary rage extraction for Legendary Aggressive Avarice if you need a big heal for yourself.

Life surge being low was just a matter of me letting it stay off a bit long at different times. Had to prioritize rage dot maintenance . Sometimes I can keep it more in the 300k range.

Compared to 61 druid we're also missing a 70% damage increase from Nature's Edict and Crushing force. (I actually did attempt a build where I maintained those as well all the defiler stuff, but it was way too much for me to juggle.)

Not a fan of using non rotation off gcd's ontop of a macro giving every macro press a 0.1 sec internal dealy.
    Understandable, but if a build goes much over 9 buttons I can't really play it lol. Yes i'm a baddie.

With Misery Affliction gaining Greed Stacks it may bee a quality of life and damage streamline neglecting Greed's Corruption?
    Greed's Corruption does a great deal of damage on it's own. I actually may start boosting it with RB and see how that does. Unfortunately there being only 2 greed based DoT's...MA and GC. We don't want to overwrite our RB boosted MA's to get additional AA. It sort of makes sense to keep using Greed's corruption

You didn't use a pet in the parse? It may quickly do a couple % more.
    That was just me being forgetful. Usually the pets adds 20k more dps, sans stones and raid buffs.

Now for the IOB stuff, I couldn't really figure out a pain free way to toggle it while doing other things. Is there a trick to it?
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-25-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Champion

61 druid does more damage than this (and looks easier to play.) You can try both pet versions I think the new way to use the 61 druid is no longer with the faerie pet but with the melee now. It may eek out a bit more dps but feel much slower to play.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-25-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Understandable, but if a build goes much over 9 buttons I can't really play it lol. Yes i'm a baddie.
    Keep stuff like shields or Vengeances on the Bottom so it's used during Gcd while prioritising gcd abilities ;D

Oh and for the Azrael tankkpet. You can just ot Azrael on your Defihealer with the nonleggy taunt.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-25-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    61 druid does more damage than this (and looks easier to play.) You can try both pet versions I think the new way to use the 61 druid is no longer with the faerie pet but with the melee now. It may eek out a bit more dps but feel much slower to play.
    I'm eeking out better numbers by 50k or so with this build over Druid with either pet in the same testing conditions. The Satyr Destroyer is better for druid now than the Seer from my tests as well. I'll also definitely agree that 61 Druid is a lot easier to play.

Edit to the OP, changed macros slightly and setup. Got a decent dps gain from Bond of Pain benefiting from resounding blow.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-25-2019 at 03:09 PM.

I'm eeking out better numbers by 50k or so with this build over Druid with either pet in the same testing conditions. The Satyr Destroyer is better for druid now than the Seer from my tests as well. I'll also definitely agree that 61 Druid is a lot easier to play.

Edit to the OP, changed macros slightly and setup. Got a decent dps gain from Bond of Pain benefiting from resounding blow.
    They were about 1.3m last I checked. I remember having a stone on though.. no feast or vials. Just checked still get 1.25-1.33m with satyr and about 1.2-1.25 with faerie. The satyr is hell of unplayable in my opinion. Basically I can't really see it working well unless you are glued to the target and the target doesn't die in less than 5 mins.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-30-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Default Inquisitor off-Soul

How would this work?: Instead of spending extra points in Defiler, bring it down to 24 points and spend points in Druid for the "Nature's Weakness" buff from "Nature's Edict" and points in Inquisitor for "Sanction". Then prioritize the Resounding Blow to buff Miserly Affliction, Sanction, or Aggressive Avarice. And will trying to refresh Life Surge with Essence Strike jam the rotation too much? Please clarify any misconception or error in thought.
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Greybriar, Shadowstorm@Deepwood - Beatcha@Deepwood - Whirlypike@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    How would this work?: Instead of spending extra points in Defiler, bring it down to 24 points and spend points in Druid for the "Nature's Weakness" buff from "Nature's Edict" and points in Inquisitor for "Sanction". Then prioritize the Resounding Blow to buff Miserly Affliction, Sanction, or Aggressive Avarice. And will trying to refresh Life Surge with Essence Strike jam the rotation too much? Please clarify any misconception or error in thought.
    I ended up with this point spread due to the ease of rotation. It seems like drinking from a fire hose, but in the end I found it fairly similar to playing the Mele PL/Vulc since the rotation becomes pretty set after the initial pull.

Outside keeping up Fervent Strike, It's just this over and over.

Miserly macro until MA appears on Kalert > Eruption of Life > Greed's corruption > Spam Macro until greed stacks disappear > Eruption of Life > Miserly Macro again until it gets a refresh > Eruption of life > Frefresh Rage DoT's > Repeat

(If you have Bond of Pain off CD you can skip refreshing the Rage DoTs and get some extra spam macro whacks in)

But i'll clarify some.

Essence Strike never timed up well to keep up life surge. It falls off way too fast as Miserly Affliction Ticks and if you get lucky with IoB procs they come off even faster.

Nature's Edict was too much to manage with defiler DoT's in the mix as well. Plus the majority of damage is Defiler based, and Nature's Edict only effect's druid damage anyway. Miserly Affliction is our biggest DPS source.

In the end it made sense to go higher in Defiler for the rage stack dump and increase to death damage.

Sanction can be a decent addition, but in my testing it only added as much damage as simply using Explosive Rage, and the free procs of Insignia of Blood added even more. It also added another ability to the que which made the rotation more cumbersome.

I love the ideas though. I'm fairly certain there's a way to optimize this further that hasn't occurred to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast