+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 4.5 Defihealer "The Heretic"

Default 4.5 Defihealer "The Heretic"

Updated to a slightly more optimal buld for 5% cost reduction buff.

This is raid support heal spec that i'd best describe as situational. It brings support buffs, necro/chloro levels of dps, and heals just below the level of a wardocle or tactbard.

Old point spread with more DPS.

Spoiler!

Tank Variant

Spoiler!

Pros: Same slew of Oracle/Tacbard buffs. Also brings the +15% healing (Oracle) and Tenebrious Distortion. Capable of 500k+ Dps as a heal/support. Also has an AoE cleanse and a ST Purge.

Cons: Has no way to heal without a target to DoT. Has no combat rez.

Buffs

Boon of Vitality
    Boon of Resurgance
    Inspiration of the Keep
    Inspiration of Battle
    Inspiration of Survival
    Defensive Favor or Favor of the Current
    Righteous Mandate (On the Tank)

Crystal

Dominion

How healing Works

When Miserly Affliction deals damage it has it's own damage portion and additional ticks for each rage damage over time effect on your target. These additional ticks proc salvation. Also each damaging ability you use will proc salvation as well as Insignia of Blood procs.

On Average these tick for 20-30k depending on gear, and will occur at a high frequency (3-5 times per second). These will effect you, your mandate target, and 5 other raid members. Hard casts of miserly affliction will increase the heal proc rate..

How to Play

Keep your DoT's up, use Aggressive Avarice when you have 5 greed stacks. Spam your spam button.

DoT's to keep up

Greed's Corruption
    Wasting insignia (Important for heal bonus)
    Miserly Affliction
    Furious Infestation
    Rage Extraction
    Siphon Vitality

Macro

#show Glacial Insignia
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Divine Favor
    cast Glacial Insignia
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Miserly Affliction
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Miserly is our fallback damage ability since casting greed effects gives us greed stacks faster.

Kalerts

KA::APdiGeNq1VluPmzgY/St526fO2hgwFk/m4u48dKeaye6+jIQcMIkViiPbyTS9/PcaErqZFOX
    StIJEif3JfIdzsd9qIaoYxtN41fCt0P1P5j5v+4lWtSIGbpC5C 7jrUdY2zrjlfz7/c/8srfhQyFK
    15rlRyhZz1VRFqWRr7qrKxDACQQw9jGOE7sLdF7jDbrnPxvJya b7G04f3af73NH90g+7ur9A9fho
    nD9Ppw7thshsL+x7Yl78Eb2Q7nzytNN/2DdeqXJvvrb+epyAPswARGFBCMgroCTx8JhtptwMkvlX
    tgreV8T7t8GDs8KAA/oAnPgaBQA9iGI4O2r9vzUpqbqVqJ6qeJNzaRoxRMF5Iw4yFCcs D4mHGAhJ
    cjGcuWqFlWQyjwAN7mhDuaIpugvXkBLDoX7vVgn8Y4eW4gvo48 AkAUUizMEnD9GIkRq2bSnPZwj0
    viDhe/OjX6qy3wB9mkiqt16uOhgOW7izXc2Ff++V1MfV9QAjIvchHIAB ZcjG+StSyEbqYaynqYtb
    I+cIOCvQcUuidp8rVHFJ1COyRz0cF14+fsfzrRmdCG6GXkA/dod/g9ye5WjgL/Cst7x59goTjSsq
    yKIGQ+gQTHKRO5tcyYPoVi81+xWIPNMLg52g4dAwTeiNa29lBL kcJOaqgHoMEYAZQlng4Tdnlhlm
    ocvnCN8IbDIPHibrG8UPOMpf91Ykc3s1TtxuECYXATwKCcJpd3 PwL15Vo3yx2yxV1t9yeBoi6PAa
    /Vm9sraVam8l9Wwu3zhnjj1VTSPIIMObTBGOYEHS17rSz4t743z UH0O3W320iE9f0dkxwh9M0BBD
    nMHJ7Z5on7Ip4dum+cRhK7V5IoerCLHilXg6cc6vy3kmXOs12Q uu6keVJglg8Ukwx8GGasQBClKV
    RFl6fzAtubLMtOohqt0cXs8FbUcfTbYeELoon+UereXlGf8eV1 CMBYglI/ZAlOCPsFu0N54MOESA
    3pd1/7oV1aeBONXLeSn4C0g+lLsBD7EFKIPMC3+2l10pxJtuqyw4nxk pslLOs+1NxvWyFMQNt/Vk
    1iFHY3Q5gcJ4zD/yP8BtXlm5X

*These are set to be low and to the right of my screen. If they don't show for you then set the x,y values to 0,0 and then reposition them.

I also have a secondary spec with warden instead of oracle that is similar to this that I use the same alert set for. So some alerts will not be needed. Here's the skill tree is in the spoiler tag below you're interested. It plays the same but you have HoT's to maintain as well.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-09-2019 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Updated to a slightly more optimal buld for 5% cost reduction buff.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Sep's build is slighty different than mine but I build mine from a parse I found of him using it on Prancing turtle. I want to say that his build here is by far my favorite cleric build. Doing almost 600k dps , at peak, while doing 1mil over healing is amazing. Such a great build for DRRs and many raids where you have time to ramp up. I hope everyone tries his build here but it's a ton of fun and very strong.
    Last edited by Barabbas; 11-23-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the build, sounds awesome! I'll defenitely try this one out! Are both builds (defihealer with oracle / warden) BoS viable? If so, which one more?

Quote Originally Posted by Barabbas View Post
    Sep's build is slighty different than mine but I build mine from a parse I found of him using it on Prancing turtle. I want to say that his build here is by far my favorite cleric build. Doing almost 600k dps , at peak, while doing 1mil over healing is amazing. Such a great build for DRRs and many raids where you have time to ramp up. I hope everyone tries his build here but it's a ton of fun and very strong.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Are you refering to the build using oracle or to the one with warden?

Quote Originally Posted by Healometer View Post
    Thanks for the build, sounds awesome! I'll defenitely try this one out! Are both builds (defihealer with oracle / warden) BoS viable? If so, which one more?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Are you refering to the build using oracle or to the one with warden?
    I've used both on Azranel, and the support variant that the guide focuses on on Isiel. They're both viable and effective.

Like I said in the spoiler tag though. The warden variant can be a pain to play at times. It is a bit of a juggling act maintaining your soothing stream x4, healing flood x3, and healing spray with all the DoT's you're maintaining, all while watching for mechanics. It doesn't help that it has the 1.5 second GCD as well as opposed to the support's 1 second.

The support variant having the easier playstyle and doing more dps is the reason I chose to focus on that one. But they're both fun and effective.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

Looking forward loggin on cleric for bos, and that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Miserly is our fallback damage ability since casting greed effects gives us greed stacks faster.
    I see Misery Affiction not as Fall back ability but as damage and healing backbone. That's why i personaly use a alternate macro without Marrow Harvest and Glacial Insignia manualy applying Harvest every 30 secs for the 5%nonphys to maximise the Affliction and Avarice usage. Glacial Insignia is fine and all but it simply does less dmg and Salvation ticks than Affliction while Wasted Insignia reapplies your soft support buffs. Keep in mind Affliction ticks on its full potential when reapplied which gives you a little more control over your healing output while greatly increasing dps/ hps output since Affliction naturaly only ticks once every 3 seconds. Use Affliction and rage dots on one alternate target for extra Salvation Ticks. Keep in mind that that way those ticks will only benefit you while you are using gcd's to rebuff your piano dots and the healing will still radiate from your position. Doting 5 targets won't really increase the healing done.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-17-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Champion

This build works good on the second BoS boss, commander. First Boss it is trouble and I don't recommend even attempting it if you have other options. Not having a rez and pulled away from group.. or members run too far out of range etc. Chloro DPS'er is actually slightly better dps and far better for healing. I would use Defi/Oracle dps variant with chlorochon or wardacle or bard/tact with dps chon .. it can get over 800K+ dps. I don't see how people are managing 600K sustained either but then again we didn't use primalist and to be honest I can't see it even with the pseudo-support. Albeit we have managed to kill it with just a chlorohealer and this but we lost 4 members lol.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-12-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    This build works good on the second BoS. First Boss it is trouble and I don't recommend it even attempting it if you have other options. Chloro DPS'er is actually slightly better dps and far better for healing. I would use Defi/Oracle dps variant. .. it can get over 800K+ dps. I don't see how people are managing 600K sustained but then again we didn't use primalist and to be honest I can't see it even with the pseudo-support.
    If you let MA tick naturally and work in AA as much as possible you can get 600k DPS even without a primalist support. But your HPS will be in the 350-400k range instead of 500k range.
    Last edited by Skiye; 02-12-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

This build works good on the second BoS boss, commander. First Boss it is trouble and I don't recommend even attempting it if you have other options. Not having a rez and pulled away from group.. or members run too far out of range etc. Chloro DPS'er is actually slightly better dps and far better for healing. I would use Defi/Oracle dps variant with chlorochon or wardacle or bard/tact with dps chon .. it can get over 800K+ dps. I don't see how people are managing 600K sustained either but then again we didn't use primalist and to be honest I can't see it even with the pseudo-support. Albeit we have managed to kill it with just a chlorohealer and this but we lost 4 members lol.
    Just ask Fyel@typhiria, he did 883.739 on our best Azranel kill so far ;)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    But certainly not with Defihealer

Updated to a slightly more optimal build for the cost reduction buff. Remove provoke from your macros with the new build.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    As Bamul mentioned, there is two specs. You are massively confused. Defiler/Oracle/ Druid and Defiler/Oracle/Justicar. One does around 800K+ average DPS, and the other about 400K+ average dps and about 1.2+ million overhealing. The Defihealer with the healing is not a true healer. It has no rez, it needs a target to constantly heal through. It can be used in old content as a solo healer, but in almost every case if you can solo heal with defihealer you can solo heal with tank hybrids like chlorotank or, bard tank, chlorochon etc. so it is pointless. You only really bring it when your main healer can't solo heal or needs padded healing for instance maybe a chloro dps(600K+ DPS, and 4million+ overhealing) and in many cases in Azranel you can solo heal with a single chloro as long as you trust that the other 9 players don't mess up mechanics which is asking a lot for a single healer already.

In most cases your leader will blame the healers for stupidity of the raid running out of range of heals or ask the solo healer to be in charge of cleanses and healing at same time because they are bad at realizing how cleanses effect healing and in most cases you can tell that FoS***t leader that you rather have a support healer liker defihealer and/or chlorochon or wardocle so that the FoS leader can't be pushing blame on you while thinking you can also cleanse and heal even though chloro is godlike heals. You also, still have derp leaders who ask to bring full wardens to raid when wardocle is better since it has higher frequency and able to not have wasted overhealing when competing with the other type of healer for instance, chloro dps. They don't recognize with wardocle you also get 5% damage reduction on top of 2% from warden + around 500K+ effective increase to Total DPS, which doesn't translate to them at all. Damage Reduction>wasted overhealing and absorb are only up to 50%. Getting hit for 7% less is greater than being overhealed 100K.

As for commander the damage is predictable. And as long as cleanse is good you should be fine with defihealer or chlorochon and Tank healer(s). There is other options like Sha says for Titan X but you should be able to handle Titan X with solo tank hybrid healer or wardocle or bard/tact etc. You don't need any pure healer for that boss but people still bring a warrior ST healer so the tank can take most ghost hits. In theory they don't have to take all ghost hits. But then again you are asking for 9 other players to be careful not to derp on ghost. Same case with azranel.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-18-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Prophet of Telara

As Bamul mentioned, there is two specs. You are massively confused. Defiler/Oracle/ Druid and Defiler/Oracle/Justicar. One does around 800K+ average DPS, and the other about 400K+ average dps and about 1.2+ million overhealing. The Defihealer with the healing is not a true healer. It has no rez, it needs a target to constantly heal through. It can be used in old content as a solo healer, but in almost every case if you can solo heal with defihealer you can solo heal with tank hybrids like chlorotank or, bard tank etc. so it is pointless. You only really bring it when your main healer can't solo heal or needs padded healing for instance maybe a chloro dps(600+ DPS, and 4million+ overhealing) and in many cases in Azranel you can solo heal with a single chloro as long as you trust that the other 9 players don't mess up mechanics which is asking a lot for a single healer already.

In most cases your leader will blame the healers for stupidity of the raid running out of range of heals or ask the solo healer to be in charge of cleanses and healing at same time because they are bad and in most cases you can tell that FoS***t leader that you rather have a support healer liker defihealer and/or chlorochon or wardocle so that the FoS leader can't be pushing blame on you. You also, still have derp leaders who ask to bring full wardens to raid with when wardocle is better since it has higher frequency and able to not have wasted overhealing when competing with the other type of healer for instance, chloro dps.

As for commander the damage is predictable. And as long as you can cleanse on time you should be fine with defihealer or chlorochon and Tank healer(s).
    Tacbard, Wardocle and 61 Chloro have successfully healed Azranel on their own and I am sure that even a Defihealer can heal Azranel on his own. None of the healers can heal him permanently without someone dying.

The problem is that even with 3 healers people die because there are unfortunate situations where within a second more damage is done than the player has hitpoints. Because Defihealer has no battle rez this is of course an increased risk so most groups also play with multiple healers or battle rezes.

For content where a single healer is sufficient and you want to min maxing a defihealer is more efficient than a tank/healer, tank/bard/heal or chlorochon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Tacbard, Wardocle and 61 Chloro have successfully healed Azranel on their own and I am sure that even a Defihealer can heal Azranel on his own. None of the healers can heal him permanently without someone dying.
    We actually had chloro solo heal it and no one died but they didn't have to run even once and the cleanses were done by the dps oracle and sometimes the chon helped. You also don't need to cleanse fast in that fight with the double cleanse. You just wait a few seconds until the full cleanse is needed and then pop your double cleanse when they ask for solo cleanses. And I think you give defihealer too much credit as a solo healer. You need a target to heal through. Without one you can't heal anything. Not only that but during phase switches you have to apply all your rage dots to get miserly to tick additional times which means downtime between set up to get to the point where you can heal effectively as a raid healer. You could spec for Bond of Pain though but who knows how that would effect your overall healing potential on the tank which if you are doing outdated content with superior geared players would feel very easy for anyone to solo heal it anyway. Things to consider about this spec. A few points go a long way. If for instance, you pick up Legendary Battle Fury.. your overall healing and dps is better but you may lose out on tank heals, and if you pick up bond of pain you may lose out on something either tank heals or Battle Fury. You DON'T get everything so it really depends on what type of build they use for this and it will be hard to distinguish between all of the different variations. I personally did test battle fury version of this build and took off the tank heals and saw a good dps increase.You can also give up energy buff as well. Nothing is exactly reachable to the point where it is cookie cutter potential.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-19-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Zond solohealed tarjula nm and azranel on the defiler. Have to say that the setup was done only bc he wanted to though.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-19-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    | Hierosolyma@Zaviel | Azuren@Zaviel | Salem@Zaviel | Syenn@Zaviel

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    We actually had chloro solo heal it and no one died but they didn't have to run even once and the cleanses were done by the dps oracle and sometimes the chon helped.
    The fight is so unpredictable that sometimes it comes to unavoidable unlucky lethal hits within a server tick. Each class can heal Azranel solo without a dead one but it is always a gamble. Theoretically this gamble can only be prevented by destroying a tower every 20 seconds for the protection buff (Static Insulator: This object is protected from electric discharges. Killing it will grant resistance to Azranel's Electric Charge for 20 seconds, can stack two times) but the loss of time does not justify this approach which is why it's better to accept 1-3 dead people.

With raidsetups that can kill Azranel very fast the risk is of a unlucky dead is lower and the usefulness of a defihealer is higher but it's still a gamble and with a raidsetup without a battle rez it is Russian Roulette. No risk No fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast