+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4.5 Defiler/Cabalist

Default 4.5 Defiler/Cabalist

This spec is another ranged DPS option with good cleave. It'll parse close to Inquisitor in a long fight and has about the same play difficulty. Like Inquisitor It's horrid at target switching and requires a good bit of KAlert monitoring.

It is however a flexible spec with AoE and ST purges, adds an extra 5% non phys debuff for the entire raid that stacks with support ones (Like Inquisitor), has no cast times if played properly. Plus overall has an engaging and fun play-style if you like lots of buttons ;)

Synergy Crystal: Dominion

Buffs:Condensed Obliteration
    (And the Cancel Macro)

Stuff to have on your bar

Spam Macro
    Miserly Affliction
    Aggressive Avarice Macro
    Explosive Rage Macro
    Greed's Corruption
    Fervent Strike
    Curse of Solitiude
    Rage Extraction
    Siphon Vitality
    Furious Infestation
    AoE Macro

Also Have Handy
    Jealous Intervention
    Sigil of Woe
    Greed's Call

How to Play

In a nutshell it's a matter of keeping all your debuffs up as efficiently as possible and using Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice when you have 5 stacks of Rage/Greed effectively. There are no set rotations but more of a priority system.

Priority 1: Your 3 Rage DoT's should have as close to 100% up time as possible. Miserly Affliction will tick an extra time for each one that is on the target. Miserly is your largest source of DPS so this is important.

Priority 2: Keep up Fervent Strike and Curse of Solitude. You do 40% extra damage between having both up.

Priority 3: Use Explosive Rage at and Aggressive Avarice at 5 stacks.

Priority 4: Refresh Greed's Corruption and use your spam button. Miserly is the final ability in the macro because it's the most important DoT to keep up and each cast has a 70% chance to give you stack of Greed.

Fight Setup

Pre Pull: Greed's Call to give 5 stacks of Greed.

Initial Setup: Fervent Strike > Curse of Solitude > Setup macro x3 > Greed's Corruption > Aggressive Avarice macro > Priority System

Macros

Spam

#show Disintegration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bond of Pain
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Disintegration
    cast Miserly Affliction

Explosive Rage

#show Explosive Rage
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast Furious Might
    cast Explosive Rage

Aggressive Avarice

#show Aggressive Avarice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Furious Might
    cast Aggressive Avarice

AoE

#show Disintegration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast Disintegration
    cast Bound Fate

Cancel Condensed Obliteration (Give it whatever picture you want)

cancelbuff Condensed Obliteration

Setup macro

#show Bond of Pain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Bond of Pain
    cast Miserly Affliction

Kalerts

*Note. I run at 1920x1080 res, so if they're off your screen set the x/y to 0,0 to put them at the top left of your monitor*

KA::Ahc0leNqlVduOmzAQ/RXe+ra1uRnLT9y82odtqoT2KRJywCRWKI6Mk23U9t/rUGizKcpVBgn
    NjGbOmTljnhXnJYEkI5ua7bnqPql5nztHIxtOgDFSc4A5U1Fpk jDNPs6/vMyF5t9yUcimnddS6nw
    p6zIvpGjap7JsiQ1cSDD0iRscHmjOj1azYt3+Itnkc5x+ytKpM XYeaMJN3YxEkyybvPbOzuZ3xen
    PKVtyK/2uFSu0kM0R7CfN1JLrv+hPI0Mbew6NQOz6NEIJpmdIsYWohd73 vEpeiZqrXJmM+aIWy5U
    euAGC/WNu5JSQ84dQb3aOqXTt/dBasVRqu7nAZiQ4dF2AMUjtwHWAB5LoZkJLJXh1zAhi7DzA6ND
    yMSF19gs6eo9wwVXL1RqyAZb7oIje4ZyJzUo21leh2aHmmbafR oY0CSIIQxcjjLzYQTf3vO0y5rs
    +Y856KeGDlNCdjadc7XijrZlWYj06gpOI0KYQA0SBk0Q2iuPrl 6FdyWL9xnbcHnbAIRBA707k8dY
    M2pKVNZOmyLbkZ4bxf2yIkogCLwYocnEIvOtpFIdcuazyts81j ME2QgvuHcNWCbltrZem4kafF1Z
    6LDqEOA0ApW4YIQQjs40PXFKDtqCR6f3aipjWNbcM2v2YsI7do Q8gSmHgOThOI+rHV6NX3ChK5YU
    yneimsmKlfPu3/BDcjf9VmJuk3lthVdXi/E+DkpHgEJlfWJxQD0IniYPEv/2aXbFW1/v8QE6qbtD
    5YuDmPbA9vwFrQGGC

Feedback appreciated!
    Last edited by Skiye; 09-24-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Made some changes for more ST damage.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    It'll parse close to Inquisitor in a long fight and has about the same play difficulty. Like Inquisitor It's horrid at target switching and requires a good bit of KAlert monitoring.
    I thought they stealth buffed this spec just because you said it is close to inq. It really is not. Close is something like within 5%, this is like 20%+ less than inq which is the same as last I checked. It is close to Dru/Cab but Dru/Cab is better and does bring an interrupt, much easier to use and doesn't spontaneously drop 5%+ of the dps between short parses because of bad stacking RNG. Dru/Cab also doesn't suffer from not having enough crit to sustain a good constant in the short term. You are better off to go 38/38 to maximize DPS for Def/Cab btw because of that and even with better point spread it still doesn't do well enough to be considered close to inq in my opinion.

Also, the way LCO works is bad. The way these specs should work is 1 million+ ST and much more with AE. This lowers an already too low ST to gain more AE. -30%+ ST that can't be fixed during add phases because of lack of toggle :/ Still prefer Reaver and Warlock to these badly designed cleave specs from cleric. Honestly, I think overall cleric needs about 200K+ buff to its dps specs all around which is not close or nearly imo to catch up to the other classes.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-30-2018 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    I thought they stealth buffed this spec just because you said it is close to inq. It really is not. Close is something like within 5%, this is like 20%+ less than inq which is the same as last I checked.

I'll admit a few messups here and there in both parses but it's nowhere close to a 20% difference. More like around 6%.

Both parses with no consumables, buffs other than self buffs, stones, etc. Just flat parses on a 72 dummy.

That said I don't disagree that cleric could use some love. Rogue specs like NB and MM are childs play compared to what clerics go though to squeeze out less dps.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-30-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Champion

That is because your inquisitor is not using the best rotation. Decent inqs are around 1 million+ without stone/consumables but most can break 1.1 million + if you use the armor buffs instead. Armor buffs with inq is much better dps even though it requires you to melee every 1 min. My dps is lower than your cab/def though but it is within margin of error I guess. I do have bad crits all the time with that spec... It is about 879K vs. dru/cab which is about 926Kish.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-30-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    That is because your inquisitor is not using the best rotation. Decent inqs are around 1 million+ without stone/consumables but most can break 1.1 million + if you use the armor buffs instead. Armor buffs with inq is much better dps even though it requires you to melee every 1 min. My dps is lower than your cab/def though but it is within margin of error I guess. I do have bad crits all the time with that spec... It is about 879K vs. dru/cab which is about 926Kish.
    Like I said. I had a few messups. Normally I would parse around 1m in inq, but I had a number of messups in the defiler parse as well and in previous tests I was around 950k in the Defiler spec.

(I was leaving off scourge for about the first 10 secs and slow to realize AA was off CD a couple times, and casted an extra BoJ a few times screwing over my cast times for a bit

For the def one I let Curse of solitude drop for a bit Midway losing 10% extra damage for a while and had a few bad instances of doing a bad job of refreshing my rage Dot's before they all completely dropped off.)

The rough variance seems similar and I was equally exhausted from work when I made the parse so I think my point stands for the most part.

If you'd mind showing me your 1.1 m unbuffered parse if love to see the damage breakdown.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-31-2018 at 02:48 AM.

Champion

You don't use punishing strike to keep up 5% more damage. You don't use armor buffs which is additional damage which seems to be main problem.. possibly you don't use Crit buff correctly or clip channels. I think you have better stats than me.. so you should be closer to 1.15M too..At least with the best ST mastery. The other version is about 100K less dps.EoL is a slight dps gain as well but I didn't really min./max on the failed parse like on the PTS one. Still didn't do it correctly in the PTS version to be honest.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-01-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Your results are definitely better than mine, I've never seen a graceful way to keep punishing up that feels comfortable or natural.

I'll give it a try again and see what comes of it. Thanks for the tip. Although as far as the extra armors and going mele for FS won't work in some fights where i'd actually use Inq.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-31-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Modified the Guide into a more ST spec. The 5 points in Eccentric to get the free casts of Curse of Discord is netting me about 15k more DPS.

Ty for the Inq tips Aedyn. Definitely parsing over 1m with your suggestions, I'm just not sure i'd ever use Inquisitor if it's not as a full ranged spec over Shaman or Druid if mele were an option in a particular fight.

I've been using 'that' spec for a very very long time now. It is definitely not as high as inquis but it does net you 100% mobility and passive cleave (which is uncontrollable and not always that great on some fights).

That said, it is really great for soloing or dungeons and raids outside of BoS. You could make an argument for using it on the last boss in BoS, but you likely want inquis since the higher ST at end is great to have (and you could find that bound fate kills all your range boxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I've never seen a graceful way to keep punishing up that feels comfortable or natural.
    You can use Ps as a dot with the CE buff lasting 15 secs on you.

On inq, slap it ontop of Scourge or between SH and SoP and press that twice/ 3 times
    Last edited by Shas; 03-13-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Shascleric@Zaviel
    Hierosolyma@Zaviel Azuren@Zaviel Syenn@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread