+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flame Lance legendary question - does it matter WHEN HoTs are casted?

Soulwalker

Default Flame Lance legendary question - does it matter WHEN HoTs are casted?

Hi there,

One of my specs is a 61-point Purifier healer, with some points in Warden.

I have the legendary point for Flame Lance, which says, "Your non-Purifier healing is increased by 15% for 30 seconds."

If I want to use Flame Lance to boost Warden's Healing Spray and Healing Flood, do I need to cast Flame Lance BEFORE casting the HoTs? Or does Flame Lance automatically boost any HoTs that are already running on party/raid members?

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Hi there,

One of my specs is a 61-point Purifier healer, with some points in Warden.

I have the legendary point for Flame Lance, which says, "Your non-Purifier healing is increased by 15% for 30 seconds."

If I want to use Flame Lance to boost Warden's Healing Spray and Healing Flood, do I need to cast Flame Lance BEFORE casting the HoTs? Or does Flame Lance automatically boost any HoTs that are already running on party/raid members?
    Disclamer: I don't play cleric, but in rifts DoTs & HoTs use buffs at the moment of cast, so you need to cast Flame Lance before. Better to create kalert for it and refresh it as soon as it goes off.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Oh I had an idea on how to test this....

The Healing Spray HoT normally ticks for 2687 on the healing practice dummy in Meridian.

If I cast Flame Lance (on the nearby boss target practice dummy) while it's ticking away, that doesn't seem to change that number.

However, if I cast Flame Lance first and THEN cast Healing Spray after, then H.S. ticks for 3090.

I think you're absolutely right—gotta cast F.L. first, then the HoTs. Thank you

Interesting, as I'm pretty sure I've tested some abilities and their damage changes half way through a ticking phase depending on buff increases. I'll have to retest this again.

As you said above, easy to test for each ability on a dummy.
    Fwob - Zaviel

I wonder if the adjustment in the buff stacking groups had a secondary impact here.

My testing a while back showed the same thing as Refuge.

+ Reply to Thread