+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 4.4 Inquisitor

Default 4.4 Inquisitor

There hasn't been a real updated "guide" to inquisitor posted here since the expansion was released. So here you go! Hopefully this will help some people out.

If you don't have Runeshaper you can substitute Sentinel and swap Legendary Inscribe fate for Bolt of Light. If you're using Legendary Bolt of Light you'll use Legendary Perseverance instead of Legendary Sanction Heretic.

DoT's and Debuffs To keep up

Spiritual Deficancy (+7% non phys damage for 60 seconds... Archons usually have this one covered.)
    Legendary Inscribe Fate (Increases your non runeshaper damage 15% on the target)
    Scourge
    Sanction Heretic (Auto Casts Vex from Faith's Freedom Mastery)
    Seal of Pain

Self buff via attack

Legendary Fervent Strike (Increases your non druid elemental damage by 30% on the target) 60 second buff. In reality this is a 20% buff because the ability is broken despite what the tooltip says.

Self Buffs

Armor of Awakening
    Spiritual Protection
    Spiritual Scrutiny
    Shroud of Agony (Optional)

Stuff To Keep in Mind

Be sure to keep seal of pain up. Only non inquisitor abilities set off Legendary Sanction, and that makes up a large chunk of damage.

Be smart with Radical Coalescence. It resets your cooldowns. It gives a free Bolt of Depravity at first and is a makes your channels tick twice as fast. When using it your priority should be.

1. Make sure the Inscribe fate debuff has at least 10 seconds available.
    2. Cast Radical Coalescence and then Bolt of Depravity
    3. Channel Aggressive Inquisition and then Nyser's Rebuke
    4. Spam Bolt of Retribution for the remainder.

Don't Bother with Nyser's Rebuke on it's own, it's a dps loss when not combined with Radical Coalescence. Soul Stream also isn't great on it's own. Bolt of Judgement x2 -> Bolt of Depravity is better overall dps.

Mental Resilience is a 30 second buff that gives you 6% additional damage you receive from using channeled abilities. Aggressive inquisition will cover you for one of the 30 second blocks. For the other 30 seconds you can use a clipped channel of Nyser's or Harsh Dicipline to regain that buff.

Righteous Deliberation regens your mana and can also be used to get the Mental Resilience buff since it's a channel. Use it pre fight and during downtime phases.

Eruption of Life can be a small DPS gain when used before Aggressive Inquisition.

Lastly, it's a dps gain if you use the 62 Mastery "Benevolent Presence" over "Blessing of Penitence". It'll allow you to have both the Armor of Awakening and Armor of Devotion buffs up at the same time. Unfortunately it removes the 20m range from Fervent Strike, meaning you'll need to be able to run into mele to get the 30% damage buff. But for Fights like Azranel, this is another decent dps gain.

Macros

Main Spam Macro

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    //cast Purge
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Scourge
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast shield of oak

*notes* You can un-comment out purge for fights like the IROTP Golems. It won't cast with nothing to purge. BoJ will cast when you're moving since it's instant, and scourge will cast if you're facing away.

Main spam if you're not using Runeshaper

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    //cast Purge
    cast@self Perseverance
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Scourge
    cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light
    cast shield of oak

Bolt of Depravity

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

*note* You can get a small dps increase using Fanaticism as a separate key-bind for Bolt of Retribution spam, but using it in a BoD macro is a tad easier as far as play-style.

Sanction Heretic/Seal of Pain

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Seal of Pain

Just Hit this macro twice when it's time to refresh Sanction Heretic.

Scourge

#show Scourge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Scourge

Scourge and the Punishing Strike debuff have similar durations on the target so long as you're continually hitting it.

Radical Coalescence Channels

#show Radical Coalescence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radical Coalescence
    cast Aggressive Inquisition
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke

Mental Resilience Upkeep

#show Aggressive Inquisition
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Aggressive Inquisition
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Harsh Discipline

AoE (Probably better to look elsewhere if AoE is a big part of a fight, inquisitor AoE is beyond pathetic. )

#show Soul Drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Drain
    cast @gtae Runefall

Play Style

The play style is fairly simple, but takes some getting used to.

Pre-fight channel Righteous Deliberation (mana regen) to give yourself a 6% damage buff from mental resilience. You can also use Circle of Oblivion to give yourself Diversify stacks pre pull.

Debuff and DoT the target with Fervent Strike, Inscribe Fate, Sanction/Seal of Pain, Punishing/Scourge, etc.
    Cast Bolt of Depravity when the reactive is up.
    Eruption of Life -> Radical Coalescence -> Aggressive Inquisiton -> Nysers -> BoJ Spam
    Refresh your debuffs and DoTs.

After that it's a lot of...

Bolt of Judgment x2 -> Bolt of Depravity

Each Bolt of Depravity cast gives us Echoing Concord stacks which reduces the cast time of Bolt of Judgment.

If you think of Inquisitor like max 2 combo point Rogue/Warrior the entire soul seems a lot easier. Bolt of Judgement is your builder. Bolt of Depravity is your finisher.

All the rest is just DoT's and debuffs for extra dps with a couple channels for a cool-down block.

There is a little bit of a learning curve as far as managing debuff/DoT durations and cooldowns. Just monitor your Kalerts and you'll get a feel for it.

Kalerts

KA::A6l9EeNqtlW1v2jAQx79KPgGz48fMr/KANaR1rVr2ZkKK3GCIVWp3jtsKbfvuMxAQa4GxrrJ
    jRefLnX/538kj+/3RdCY4/zEZNq0zdp6UzjbOTwUUY/GwUEvt168yPi9drLNagLgt4wBxXJtZEJU
    K6sPk62higr6vTeNsN5l79xy/rLXVfr6sARxMp52AjDMBIaEC89WEcfzogmruul+iHH4ZD6+jZW 2
    GAoF4grEoLsfjy4vtJo0Wuk4uf472YD6bmU6UnSaVVqE9xXTEM 8eEEznMScpwSUAGT3CqW7MwYdm
    jLmLAOgasp6uAdbMJWN9uiDmgAgLGBUIDulnAgO1zjy+vXqJDc gCdHEEf2a7x5lYnUgW9RzwIys9
    12IH/6ZenJSUVKTEtZEFpdT6vf7Rdqx60r00fsZ7FiL3ADK1ws1e4x+ TdmvkRupvGPUaME1xbj1x
    KyUFFUlihjOUZO5voXs2tmS3rB2XsrlQ5JrFUIX4TSXqIRKtF4 mbJVcxyCmffLVZlxIpdQwCmqIo
    /9x9U0r1MXYy4ZuvBIFqBwXeTSGr/pG1IboI3d/pQz73wyFMJM8AkQFWRsrKUZ1N1rWvuntWTTvt
    yQ/xwd7253JRtgnE2+aS9DqY5JVTvKnIE0xTzNIVZOQQZKs7H6UPU 7SZbrbZdlPW1R1czIpG/M6X
    gCNNF/PWxpq51F3Nr2xyU6LVTjiWgVckB4RRILs/vp9Ytll3w2s5DuxNqTYQE4gO8WcCA/wfUt1j
    ULvjlIZbdXi5zjBnLMYIkY0VBz1fmPl5mZP/sBL/HpfUb34tLTg

If anyone has any suggestions on improvements please feel free to chime in and let me know.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-07-2019 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Additional updates.

Rift Chaser

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, I'll be trying this later on!

Quick question Bolt of Judgment in the macro what does it do there?

Quote Originally Posted by May Contain Nuts View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, I'll be trying this later on!

Quick question Bolt of Judgment in the macro what does it do there?
    It's just a fallback ability for when you're forced to move since it's instant cast.

And you're welcome! Happy to help others out.
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-20-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Shadowlander

Default K-alert issues

Thanks for this guide; although I am having a nightmare getting the k-alerts to work (i.e they don't!). Anyone else had this same problem or is it just yet another nightmare with this add-on that I hate. The defiler ones worked fine though..

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    Thanks for this guide; although I am having a nightmare getting the k-alerts to work (i.e they don't!). Anyone else had this same problem or is it just yet another nightmare with this add-on that I hate. The defiler ones worked fine though..
    Just to be sure. You're using a separate blank set for Inquisitor and you're using the import set option and not the import alert option correct?.

If you are then use the edit layout option to position them so that they're not behind any UI elements.

Once you've done that bit. Go take some shots at a target dummy and you should start seeing timers and such appear on your UI.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    The kalerts listed above are positioned around x=2000 y=800, which is off my screen. My monitor size is most likely not as big as Skiye. Inside kalert, I changed all the x values to like 900 to see them all, then I just dragged to my desired spot. This solved it for me.

Shadowlander

I use Fana with L.sanction heretic to make sanction the second highest on your parse (ranges around ~120k+ of the overall dps and depending on the length of the encounter possibly higher that BoD)
    Also depending on the fight. Target swapping under the ~6 seconds it takes for sanction to proc is a waste, better used elsewhere.

Then punishing strike instead of SS to apply combined efforts for the +5% overall dps boost.

I got my info from watching boase / bubbles dps on vp ze bosses and a few attempts to recreate an exact match. Like 90% sure on this, but I main tank mostly now and have not played with variations for a couple patches. Pretty sure I lost dps with the stacking buff fixes as was easily pulling 1.2mil+ but now harder to maintain 900k on a ze boss or dummy. Not 100% sure but something seemed off lately.

Quote Originally Posted by hi5guy View Post
    The kalerts listed above are positioned around x=2000 y=800, which is off my screen. My monitor size is most likely not as big as Skiye. Inside kalert, I changed all the x values to like 900 to see them all, then I just dragged to my desired spot. This solved it for me.
    Ah thanks for the info. I do play on a large monitor at a high resolution.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pints View Post
    I use Fana with L.sanction heretic to make sanction the second highest on your parse (ranges around ~120k+ of the overall dps and depending on the length of the encounter possibly higher that BoD)
    Also depending on the fight. Target swapping under the ~6 seconds it takes for sanction to proc is a waste, better used elsewhere.

Then punishing strike instead of SS to apply combined efforts for the +5% overall dps boost.

I got my info from watching boase / bubbles dps on vp ze bosses and a few attempts to recreate an exact match. Like 90% sure on this, but I main tank mostly now and have not played with variations for a couple patches. Pretty sure I lost dps with the stacking buff fixes as was easily pulling 1.2mil+ but now harder to maintain 900k on a ze boss or dummy. Not 100% sure but something seemed off lately.
    IIRC Fervent Strike was a buff that was listed in the notes.

I'm not sure Fanat is the best use for Sanction since the direct damage is fairly low and I doubt it will impact the proc on the last 6 seconds.

Refuge in another thread made a good point that when using Fanat BoR+BoJ is higher DPS than BoD+SoC. Although in my testing it resulted in slightly lower parses. It may just be me being more used to an easier and fluid rotation the way I currently have this soul set up on my bars.

In the past I tried incorporating punishing strike, but my results never showed noticable gains in dps.

In the end I preferred the flexibility of soul stream as an option to keep up mental resilience, and as an omnidirectional attack that works while moving.

I'd urge others to play around and give Pints and Refuge's suggestions a try though. Then go with what's comfortable to you.

Shadowlander

https://youtu.be/JMracF7mQic

Made this 3 months ago for a guildie, numbers are a little low due to trying to explain and I've changed my CD block slightly since then, but around 1:20 I show the dps break down with Sanction being second highest on a straight forward no target swapping. But as you said I would love to hear others feedback as I still love playing the spec but there's not a lot of talk about. So please let me know anyone else's dps parse so we can use this spec at its full potential!!!

Rift Disciple

Punishing strike seems like a dps increase on dummies but in raids you wont notice when you have to move or run out like on 2nd boss of BoS, So Soul Stream comes out ahead in that regard since it give a stack of Life and Death concord per tic and refreshes mental res and fanata should be saved for aggressive inquisition if pssible (wont happen a lot since every channeled ST ability from inquis including SS will reduce its CD from the 1st tic) so when its not up just use it on BoD or BoR since it wont always be up for BoD either

Quote Originally Posted by Pints View Post

Interesting, because when I tested fanaticism with SH it made no difference to crit except the initial damage, hence if anything I thought it would be better with scourge. It could be linked with the crit stacks after though, admittedly I didn't do enough testing on this side.

To be honest it makes little difference overall where you use fanaticism (unless I've miss something). Punishing strike doesn't seem to add anything noticeable either. At the end of the day Bubbles didn't do anything necessarily special that none of us know about. A lot of his high dps records are predominantly due to gear and raid setup. He might be good enough to push out say an extra 100k to everyone else, but even that has no significant impact when RNG is also taken into consideration.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-27-2018 at 06:01 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

You can get diversify and clinging spirits up with soul drain as your initial ability on pull.. Also, Soul Drain is not so bad to cast a couple times during an add phase because it applies clinging spirits to every add it hits instead of just the primary target. Also, it is a 2 sec cast time unlike BoD so you can cast it on tank pull countdown if you don't want to hard cast BoD. Minimal effort to start off with a better burst block for you and your raid.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-02-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You can get diversify and clinging spirits up with soul drain as your initial ability on pull.. Also, Soul Drain is not so bad to cast a couple times during an add phase because it applies clinging spirits to every add it hits instead of just the primary target. Also, it is a 2 sec cast time unlike BoD so you can cast it on tank pull countdown if you don't want to hard cast BoD. Minimal effort to start off with a better burst block for you and your raid.
    ----
    -Pre-pull I like to Fanaticism+Circle of Oblivion to get [3/5?] Zealotry stacks

-Add phases Fanaticism + Soul Drain is not so bad either [if it won't impact your main rotation]

Rift Disciple

dont use fanaticism on either inquis aoe......using any inquis AoE is a dps loss(other than at the start of the pull to get clinging spirits on the boss if you dont get more than 2 seconds).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast