+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 4.4 Inquisitor

Rift Disciple

i just dont see it....i am still under the assumption that mercurial doesnt work with leg BoR like some people thing since BoJ at its base is a cast time spell so it shouldnt get any benefit from that talent. id have to see some hard numbers to say other wise but for now it seems like mercurial only boosts pure instant abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    i just dont see it....i am still under the assumption that mercurial doesnt work with leg BoR like some people thing since BoJ at its base is a cast time spell so it shouldnt get any benefit from that talent. id have to see some hard numbers to say other wise but for now it seems like mercurial only boosts pure instant abilities.
    Completely fair. My limited testing was enough to convince me to make the change, but either way I wouldn't consider either choice wrong.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

From discussions with the class devs years ago: Cast time spells made into an instant via a modifier/ability are still cast time. So if you're seeing some sort of effect - it's possibly placebo due to the 5% margin spread.

There are exceptions however in terms of casts, instants, and channels. For example, Aggressive Inquisition is the only spell on cleric that is a channeled repeated-hit casted-cast spell (quite the odd-ball of a spell). If you'd like proof of this, Put EOL on a target, hit AI, EOL will proc three times. For more fun, plop EOL on a target, RC -> AI. All six casts from the BOD AI channel will proc EOL. Now, when you try the same with Nysyr's Rebuke or Soul Stream, EOL only will proc one time as it's a pure channel.

With that being said, I've not tested in depth of how Legendary Bolt of Retribution auto-proc ability functions. It's possible that the BOR Legendary might have an actual passive modifier in place to force BoJ as an instant over a cast.
    --BC

Red face

Nice to see that reasonable cleric discussions are a thing again.

Mercurial is a gain on a 10 min parse like it was a year ago already. It shifts the dmg% more towards sh which you want.

Here is why:

Maxed soulpoints are made for bis setups as nobody gives a damn about 1%dmg in dungeons or dummies.
    With flarring you are able to pop sh 4 times while Ai is what makes you burst 2m+ and carry through.
    In a live encounter you will end up with less BoR casts than on a dummy since:
    1) You will move and skip hardcasts at any encounter.
    2) The 'important' bosses right now have shield and/or run phases. While you should be able to make all your 6/15 sanction proccs aswell as AI count there, you will lose on direct applying fillers. This shifts the dmg% towards your inq-instants just like we -oh miracle- do with Mercurial.

When setting your points, always keep in mind where you are going to use the build. For example, on paper setting ypur mastery for a melee FS with 5% more crit sounds nice- but then you won't be able to pre-refresh fs during defensive spin leaving you with a weak fs dmg gcd within the preachous attackable duration.

Numbers vs realities is its own topic. For example 61Chloro with Piercing Beam sounds nice but will leave you with underperforming heals due to it's distribution.
    Distibution is just as important as gear/stats. In that topic falls recieving all raidbuffs pre burst aswell as not ticking Sanction into shields.
    Imagine maxing your shaman build to then only attack the stoneguy in EoA 24/7.

Also if your Archont pulls Lava at 15 secs, you don't have to worry about Mercurial % nitpicking.

Rift Disciple

Sh is alrdy the top dmg ability in a normal parse for inquisitor with BoR/BoD being second. and when i learned to play the spec i figured how many BoDs can you get off during a fight (outside of using stacks to cast legendary BoR since it hits harder than BoD for the most part). so show me some hard numbers on mercurial being better in any way then maybe i can justify the change. but as BC stated its more than likely just a placebo affect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1686100336

Won't come to parse for a week or two. Hope at that point we are worthy your trust to not discus basics such as Mercurial.
    The abilities not counting as instants should be <50% total damage which makes Merc a 2.5% gain aprox.

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    (outside of using stacks to cast legendary BoR since it hits harder than BoD for the most part)
    You can consume your Concord stacks with Fanaticism since you get both to crit (900+)for one Fana-stack. It's the highest crit you get for one Fanaticism stack consumed (after Souldrain).
    After every Radical at 0:16, 2:30 etc into the fight you should have a nice stash of Concord.

As reprint to run the Blessing of Penitence mastery as default:
    Shroud of Agony keeps respectable 2% total dmg on Azranel due to all the raid dmg which is 30k-ish - basically a free passive leggy tactics (Soul Collector also does some dmg on Azra)

Was about to go cleric in today's run for better numbers but poof mage. At this point i'm looking forward to clerc dd once again ^^
    Last edited by Shas; 05-01-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Hey, regarding that spreadsheet posted above - How did my cleric get in there?

It has a date for the encounter but I only raid BoS on Mondays on Cielune. And also on the Isiel fight I run a purifier/sentinel spec so I'm not sure how I got DPS numbers up there.
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamuni View Post
    Hey, regarding that spreadsheet posted above - How did my cleric get in there?

It has a date for the encounter but I only raid BoS on Mondays on Cielune. And also on the Isiel fight I run a purifier/sentinel spec so I'm not sure how I got DPS numbers up there.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...geDone/206637#

Because the spreadsheet uses Prancingturtle as the database, the date of the upload is crucial and not the day you really raided. There is no way to tell which day you raided from the Combatlog.

If you click on the time in the spreadsheet, you can always see in detail what kind of spec was played.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

Because you were the only Cleric you probably selected a spec with 5% magic debuff to push the Raid DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...geDone/206637#

Because the spreadsheet uses Prancingturtle as the database, the date of the upload is crucial and not the day you really raided. There is no way to tell which day you raided from the Combatlog.

If you click on the time in the spreadsheet, you can always see in detail what kind of spec was played.
    https://prancingturtle.com/Encounter...ity&filter=all

Because you were the only Cleric you probably selected a spec with 5% magic debuff to push the Raid DPS.
    I think I get it now. The one that got recorded was not "Cielune" but rather my alt cleric "Insomnium". It was just probably named Cielune on the submission. I noticed coz the numbers are off by a considerable amount than what they should be normally if I were on my main.

A comparison of my main vs my alt as of today:

[Faeblight]

Originally from Seastone

I was told that it was actually my main that was used in that fight but numbers are off so idk lol-sign:
    [Faeblight]

Originally from Seastone

(wtf 2 geared clerics?)

The spreadsheet uses the data from prancing -> this allows it to use the single target damage oly.

When you end a fight, you have a number. Now midclick it and see your damage on boss and adds separated. The spreadsheet might be 50k +lower since it ignores any damage done to pillars, adds or other non-boss-combatons.
    Last edited by Shas; 05-04-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    (wtf 2 geared clerics?)

The spreadsheet uses the data from prancing -> this allows it to use the single target damage oly.

When you end a fight, you have a number. Now midclick it and see your damage on boss and adds separated. The spreadsheet might be 50k +lower since it ignores any damage done to pillars, adds or other non-boss-combatons.
    Yeah I just got confused coz in my main raid my roles are (in order for each boss) inq > puri/sent > defiler/oracle. I was just surprised I had DPS numbers on 2nd boss lol

Also, I have a 70 of each class but I really love clerics the most so yeah!
    [Faeblight]

Originally from Seastone

RIFT Guide Writer

Just wanted to pop in after all these years and say 'YAYYYY for Inquisitor DPS!'

I wonder if he takes the time to update :/

has this spec been updated for the changes or is there a post for thst?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast