+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 4.3 Druidalist (Mele/Range/Cleave)

Champion

Default 4.5 Druidalist (Updated)

4.5 Update.

Druidalist is a spec that is meant to be flexible offering decent ST damage as well effortless passive cleave.

There are 2 variations. First one is the old semi mele version that is lower dps but a cinch to play.
    The second is a purely ranged build that is fairly competitive even against full Shaman and Inquisitor. (But not better)

Both are fairly simple to play and can be played at 20m. While not boasting pinnicle top end potential for dps, this does provide flexibility and ease of play.

Pros of Druidalist

Competitive ST DPS
    Fantastic passive cleave DPS
    Competitative ranged DPS
    Target switching is only a slight dps loss.
    AoE Purge and ST Interrupt
    Mostly a 2-3 button Specs
    You can ignore ever losing your eternal buff as mana regen happens passively in the macro.
    Good as a solo spec as it has the faerie healer legendary and in addition you can summon the greater healer pet as well.

Cons of this spec

ST DPS is a bit less than Shaman and Inquisitor.
    Pure AoE DPS will fall short of Shaman and Cabalist.

Easy play variant. Old but still works (semi mele/lower dps)

Spoiler!

Pure Ranged with higher dps.

Spoiler!

KAlerts For either variant

I don't bother tracking dark water. It shows on the target and it's more important to keep Life Surge and Curse of Solitude on your target.

*Note the position of the kalerts may be off your screen to the right if you run a low resolution. Adjust the x/y values to 0,0 if they're off your screen.

KA::A0OGreNqdke1uwiAUhm+lV+CAfmDDr5aWZMmmy+z+mTTYU iV1bQPUxWy791GnzqlZzAIEcjg
    c3ue8tFdaOG3lzNq1NH0pCCQZ6dZ8K9TIcLUUZhdhdtGL3AgnM QM+BTj2wgj4jACbzciwA/IsK0M
    Sbvjd/OV+zhfSvtrmsmgbPS+GWnlb5Xpfa1SWmsAQeWTsI+IGwwQj7Nt 6hKaTLH0eTnA3XGDVZMd
    wYM+B/RMR9sGE2ojGODOjZH0Kc6Q4y4gQgyHADLhJjDCltyPoVVvUb3w j0Lf28di32uH/tAOr/UF
    Wwpn1tud/mJCqvjOybQYfhgckggiwNEygR0PqYd+/GWDB1UKURvEO7rsfgMvuv2vDi1p/kmz6dA6
    zk5+ReJpl08fDJTixY8JNr/jaYa0qrrrxOyFiSRAgBBPshQi4EN/MUqlWm1qITqhccGVWr6IpZbP
    cg4XBpTVHsKtU7BB2wY9FX3Z+9ys
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-25-2018 at 03:11 AM. Reason: 4.5 Update

I am loving this build.
    Always loved druid, but it was just never up to dungeon/raid spec.

I had given up on it ever being viable outside solo/open world, especially after Trion "reworked" druid to make it dungeon/raid capable, and removed a lot of its old functionality while failing with the new.

Interesting its not far enough up the druid path to use the "dungeon/raid" items added.

Happy, now im gonna drink(more) and kill(more) as a druid....
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddd dddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!"
    Frankenfurter Frankalist Antiroot Slaintemhath Sandstorms @hailol

Proud member of Dharma

Soulwalker

Default Missing Spells

Hi,

i cant find those two spells

cast Break Free
    cast Fading Light

Champion

They're off global cooldown crowd control breakers you'll find in your planar atunement abilities.

The only time they'd fire off is if you're stunned or slowed.

Default Isiel Usability

Is this spec useful and or viable for Commander Isiel?
    I am a bad... not your any type of bad... I'm the baddest of the bad. I am...

Dbatzz@Laethys - Dbats@Greybriar - Qlinltiqor@Deepwood

Champion

I always tank Isiel, but I could see it working on that fight. I use it on TitanX and it does extremely well.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dbatzz View Post
    Is this spec useful and or viable for Commander Isiel?
    I don't recommend it unless you just want to have fun and you have a well geared party that has cleared the content easily many times with a great raid setup that can overkill. I would suggest to inquisitor especially if they are doing range strat. Inq adds clinging spirits which increases raid damage so if you are sitting at even 900-1million dps with it its adding overall dps to your raid. Maybe around 200K+ single target. If they are doing melee strat you are better off to use 61 druid because burn through first phase much faster and still do decent dps while they bounce the boss. I suggest that or inquisitor with the mastery changed to allow your inquisitor armors to stack. There is other specs you can do that can strengthen your raid like orafiler and justicar besides dps. Maybe wardacle if you don't have a good chlorochon.

The spec is not bad however with a decent party. If you do intend to use it I would suggest making a minor change and using dark water in your spam macro and micro managing EoL outside your macro. Your dps should go up from using that ability and refreshing it before its 3 stacks expire. It would probably add 5-10% more dps just doing that simple change. Yes it does add more to watch though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-08-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Soulwalker

I exclusively use this spec for BoS. I use this spec as a range spec, so I've taken out 1 point from Essence Strike (Druid), and put it in Eccentric (Cab) to proc the DoTs more.

Update:
    In v4.4, I was able to hold 850-900k dps on raid dummy; single target, self buffed, ranged(20m)
    In v4.5, holding 650k.
    Last edited by hi5guy; 07-16-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hi5guy View Post
    I exclusively use this spec for BoS. I use this spec as a range spec, so I've taken out 1 point from Essence Strike (Druid), and put it in Eccentric (Cab) to proc the DoTs more.

Update:
    In v4.4, I was able to hold 850-900k dps on raid dummy; single target, self buffed, ranged(20m)
    In v4.5, holding 650k.
    The spec posted focused more on AoE dps. If you used Dark Water, changed the mastery to be more ST and changed the crystal and also didn't have Shadow's Touch gets used by Peace of the Forest since it actually consumes a stack of it if you cast that during Shadows block. Took the melee pet instead and changed a few points around in druid you could have hit 1.1+ million dps with it in ST back before 4.5. Now if you do the same it is around 900K+. Many specs lost around an average of 200K dps except for full druid who lost much much more. Maybe up to double that number. Inq seems to have lost the least amount but most clerics I know don't even play that spec since in comparison to the other classes range specs it plays horrible.

I didn't get a chance to use the spec much back pre 4.5 because other specs were better. I don't know why no one ever reported that shadow's touch gets consumed by utility like peace of the forest. Also, Druid Fae Mimicry gets consumed by utility. Cleric legendary abilities are being consumed by 0 offensive damaging abilities still leading to dps loss.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-19-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Champion

Update:
    In v4.5, holding 650k.
    On a raid dummy pre 4.5 I was getting around 1 mil ST, that's dropped to about 870 in recent parses.

Life surge damage recieved a huge Nerf in 4.5 so there's your culprit. I'm guessing they removed the eternal weapon effects from it, like they did weapon buffs. It explains why the Nerf wasn't quite as hard on this build as it was to 61 druid.

A mention of whatever they did to life surge in the patch notes would have been nice on trion's part but oh well. Ninja nerfs are cool these days I guess.

This spec overall still does fairly well. Did a couple ez TD's with it and was happy with the performance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Spoiler!
    I will give it another look. I haven't had the chance to use this spec since 4.5. Our tank wasn't happy when I used the melee pet, so I just kept the Greater Faerie. But if it's possible to even hit 1m DPS from ranged for ST. I'll test it out with my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Spoiler!
    870k for ranged ST? I think that is still pretty amazing, given all the nerfed in v4.5. But maybe the tweaks suggested may help me get back to about 800k+. Either way, thanks for posting this spec to begin with.
    Last edited by hi5guy; 07-20-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Champion

I will give it another look. I haven't had the chance to use this spec since 4.5. Our tank wasn't happy when I used the melee pet, so I just kept the Greater Faerie. But if it's possible to even hit 1m DPS from ranged for ST. I'll test it out with my gear.

870k for ranged ST? I think that is still pretty amazing, given all the nerfed in v4.5. But maybe the tweaks suggested may help me get back to about 800k+. Either way, thanks for posting this spec to begin with.
    This was in mele with top end gear on a lv 72 raid dummy using the above spec in the guide.

While I've played with a bunch of variants of this spec including dropping essence strike and maintaining dark water with good results, I haven't kept that variant handy as a role so I haven't tested it since the changes.

In BoS i've always gone 61 druid for Azranel, tanked Isiel, and used this on Titan-X. Since the mechs and boxes give the range buff, it was never a necessity to make a pure ranged variant.

Maintaining Dark Water will definitely give you a noticeable dps bump if you go pure ranged tough. I never mentioned dark water stacks with this guide since I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. Experienced players will find their own variants and squeeze extra dps out on their own.

Aedynn mentioned changing crystals. I think the cleric ST one only triggers the SP bonus from cast time abilities, (i'm at work so I can't check that so correct me if i'm mistaken). The AoE one I think is better overall regardless. Bound Fate will be your biggest source of damage should keep up all the SP bonus from the synergy crystal. It's a win/win.

I'll play around later this evening and post some parses.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-20-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Champion

Here you go, only buff is condensed obliteration. No pots, food, weaponstones, etc

All on a lv 72 raid dummy.
    Last edited by Skiye; 07-20-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Plane Walker

In prior patch the melee was for stand tall and more focused on ST dps. I only used it a net of maybe 3x because other specs at the time were better like 61 druid and shaman was great if you used the right build. But you can do fine just using the range pet and playing it from range. I was just doing the comparison. My dps is around 920K+ with a similar spec to Skye.The only difference from his build is I change some points around in druid but I don't see much of a difference in the dps anyway considering I was parsing with a stone.

You can push a little more DPS if you refresh punishing after your dot and if you can get in melee and use Combined Effort during Shadow Touch and not waste it on Peace of Forest but since the spec scales poorly it really is just min max a punitive amount for the effort.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 07-20-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Champion

I'll probably update this guide a little later with the pure ranged variant, keeping the current available in spoiler tags. Now that I'm a bit more used to this I'm parsing about 15-20k higher. (The dummy parse I posted contained a ton of mess ups where I allowed life surge to stay off a bit too long).

Refreshing eruption of life when it drops to ~3 stacks seems to be the money spot.

I really appreciate the feedback, ideas, and inputs from everyone. I'm glad some of you are enjoying this spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast