+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [4.3] 61 Druid

Telaran

Default [4.3] 61 Druid

This spec doesn't have any cleave, and suffers a lot from any type of target switching so it is not a replacement for shaman which can excel in both of those things whilst doing similar ST DPS for much less effort (relatively speaking). Druid's DPS when played right and when the fight allows it is unparalleled save for one or two other calling specs.

THIS SPEC WILL ONLY PERFORM WELL WITH THE 6TH OR 7TH ETERNAL WEAPON UPGRADE.

Spec: 61 Druid/15 Inquisitor/0 Oracle

Legendaries: Fae Mimicry, Resounding Blow, Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Judgement, Insignia of Blood

If you don’t have Oracle, use 0 Sentinel and use Legendary Bolt of Light.

Buffs: Conduit of Nature (Faerie Seer), Armor of Devotion.

Faerie Seer is used instead of the Satyr Destroyer for it's cooldown reducing buff. For me it parses roughly 100k more than destroyer does.

Opener: Crushing Force -> Punishing Strike -> Resounding Blow -> Eruption of Life -> Fae Mimicry -> Nature's Edict -> Essence Strike -> Essence Strike -> Mash the “Spam” Macro

Rotation (after the opener):
    1) Keep the Eruption of Life debuff up (Life Surge)
    2) Keep Crushing Force up
    3) Keep Nature’s Edict up, it is 30 seconds long so you can use this before every Fae Mimicry Block. Make sure to use it only AFTER Crushing Force is applied.
    4) Use the spam macro until Essence Strike has gone off two times. Then use the spam macro one more time.
    5) Reapply Crushing Force and Nature's Edict
    6) Apply Resounding Blow
    7) Use the Fae Mimicry Macro until all three essence strikes are off.
    8) Repeat steps 4-7

The rotation assumes no ability lag and no disconnects. It allows for Essence Strike to come off cooldown right when you use Fae Mimicry.

If done right, you will never have to reapply Eruption of Life outside of situations where you disconnect from the enemy (because Essence Strike reapplies it). Eruption of Life is the highest priority spell to keep up otherwise.

“Spam” Macro (For use after Fae Mimicry block)
    #show Essence Strike
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Combined Effort //You can replace this with Punishing Strike if you prefer a ranged ability.
    cast Sanction heretic
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Trickster's Bolt

Fae Mimicry
    #show Fae Mimicry
    cast Fae mimicry
    cast Essence Strike

Dummy parse:
    [4.3] 61 Druid-druid.png

If anyone has feedback/questions or ways to improve this spec, let me know
    Last edited by Wynford; 12-13-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Rift Disciple

Looks broken and delicious

Rift Disciple

Loving this spec exactly as you posted it, Rotation is easy, fluid and EoL rarely if ever falls off.

Druid is a mana hog though, so make sure you bring some quality mana tonics to your raids Don't wanna lose that eternal buff

Thanks for posting!

Telaran

Oh there's no need for Mana Pots as Peace of the Forest is oGCD. With the 50% threshold in 4.3 it's not a huge concern as it use to be. Just be sure not to use it during Fae Mimicry as it will consume a stack of it's cooldown reset.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-30-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Rift Disciple

Nice, yep no mana issues then.

Soulwalker

awesome spec, could you post a 5min parse please ?

Telaran

Sorry a little shorter than 5 minutes but there it is. Done on a lvl72 Dummy. Didn't play it perfectly (Like I could've fit another Fae Mimicry if I timed using it better)

[4.3] 61 Druid-longer-parse.jpg
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-30-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Soulwalker

thx you for prase, i am at 1m5 on dummy, and my essence strike is under the sanction. maybe that's why i'm not at 1m7 ? (i have 38% crit power and 72k spell power self buff). can you help me ?

Plane Touched

nature censure worth using u think? not seeing that 200% increase in dmg, but being ocd ability could be a dps increase?..havnt tested it much. also wildstrike doesn't apply natural stacks unless im missing something there

possibly using fervent strike legendary if censure is not being used for ins/sanction dps inc?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    nature censure worth using u think? not seeing that 200% increase in dmg, but being ocd ability could be a dps increase?..havnt tested it much. also wildstrike doesn't apply natural stacks unless im missing something there

possibly using fervent strike legendary if censure is not being used for ins/sanction dps inc?
    Nature's Censure is not life damage and the removal of Natural Force stacks would overcomplicate the rotation to the point of it being a dps loss (You could MAYBE fit one in during the spam block but it's damage is honestly so pathetic). Plus I believe it's bugged in that it's suppose 200% bonus with 5 stacks does not work. So I don't use it.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-30-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    thx you for prase, i am at 1m5 on dummy, and my essence strike is under the sanction. maybe that's why i'm not at 1m7 ? (i have 38% crit power and 72k spell power self buff). can you help me ?
    My Sanction and Essence Strike are always so close together, could just be crit RNG. Maybe post a damage breakdown?
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-30-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Soulwalker

well, i don't know how to post it but i have exactly the same ^^

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Nature's Censure is not life damage and the removal of Natural Force stacks would overcomplicate the rotation to the point of it being a dps loss (You could MAYBE fit one in during the spam block but it's damage is honestly so pathetic). Plus I believe it's bugged in that it's suppose 200% bonus with 5 stacks does not work. So I don't use it.
    Something i've asked to be changed a number of times... before we had Eternal Weapons.

But I see where they're coming from. For the sake of brevity i'll just say FS when you can insert any ability that builds NF stacks.

ogcd NC > FS (1.5sec) > L.IoB Proc > FS (1.5sec) > ogcd NC > L.BoL proc

Conduit of Power w/ Seer reduces NC's cd to 3 seconds, and if you fill the rotation with NF builders, you can have 100% uptime on it (as legendary only removes 2 stacks) at it's maximum damage bonus, thus leading to the above... The possibility of procing EoL 6 times every 2 gcd's.

In my testing, BoL goes off roughly every 6 sec, and IoB goes off every 2.5... So you wouldn't always get 6-in-2, but you could very reasonably constantly get 5-in-2 with the occasional extra.... Which is where I believe they are considering NC could be a DPS gain, even if it would complicate things more.

Napkin Math follows (based on numbers i see on my tooltip; my cleric is weak)
    EoL 22,000 proc, + 30,000 eternal *2 Life damage, *0.9 NW+CE buffs, *0.5 Crit (This assumes 50% crit rate, with cp cap'd) *6 Procced hits, / 2 GCD's = 889,200 (or 592,800 dps)

If the 30,000 eternal get's it's own personal boost from Resounding blow's *2 Life damage, (which i recall reading you said it does) then adding that and dividing by 3 instead, you're left with 934,800 DPS.

Based on your parse, removing SH+Vex+TB, it's only a gain of around 70k in that regard... Not including whatever would be added from FS+NC. But again, I'm running off my gear numbers (22k proc damage). My eternal is only at 1k, but it's easy to scale up the math there... however i can't account for the gear escalation and difference to know where your base value lies (maybe yours is twice mine, before adding the eternal, for instance). - So where the damage difference would be for you, *shrug*

It's also not easy to calculate for the difference in rotation that'd require... ES alone would not keep up with the refreshing needing done. Which mean mean gcd's spent not using NC, or building NF...

TL;DR

It's worth punching the dummy for awhile to test.

Plane Touched

Does resounding blow buff the stacks of eruption of life so all 12 stacks are 50% more? no idea how to check this :P..i dont think so from tooltip value, hard to tell because of 100% buff on target

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    Does resounding blow buff the stacks of eruption of life so all 12 stacks are 50% more? no idea how to check this :P..i dont think so from tooltip value, hard to tell because of 100% buff on target
    It doesn't. But it's damage updates dynamically with your current buffs and modifiers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast