+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [4.3] 61 Druid

Noticed any changes since the latest patch? i can't seem to pull above 1.5mill on dummy anymore. Wasn't the previous high damage caused by the way Natures Edict stacked before? Or am I just playing crap?

Tbh I never quite understood where Druids source of damage came from. At the start of a fight it seemed fairly normal then 1 min in your dps just flies up, but it was very temperamental with me, sometimes it would shoot up loads, sometimes only a bit, I could never figure out what I was doing different.
    Last edited by Refuge; 05-17-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Definitely parsing lower now. Was averaging about 1.6m, now about 1.45m.

Never had the jumpiness you claimed. Damage increase patterns always matched mimicry blocks. So I don't know.

Noticing that the Satyr Destroyer seems to give me better results now too.
    Last edited by Skiye; 05-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Default druid

ok guys, i was at 1m720-50 i can't do more than 1m650 ... what's happen ?
    does it come from dummy only ?

Quote Originally Posted by pyriann View Post
    ok guys, i was at 1m720-50 i can't do more than 1m650 ... what's happen ?
    does it come from dummy only ?
    Nature's Edict and Resounding Blow apparently we're being calculated in the wrong buff groups. The last patch supposedly corrected the groupings for a bunch of souls.

Druid is still parsing way better than shaman at least.

Soulwalker

so.... it got "fixed" ?

so.... it got "fixed" ?
    Well yes, it's a correction so it counts as a fix.

It's still doing pretty well, but it's been knocked a bit (from what I can gather).
    Fwob - Zaviel

Default Eruption of Life / Life Surge

What triggers the Life Surge proc from Eruption of Life? Also, how many times can it trigger in 1 skill usage? For example, what if the enemy has Crushing Force + Legendary Sanction Heretic (under 6 secs) + Vex and then the player, buffed with Fae Mimicry, attacks with Essence Strike that procs both Legendary Insignia of Blood and Legendary Bolt of Judgment?
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

so.... it got "fixed" ?
    I think it was slightly nerfed but I also think regardless of its super niche use they will probably go ahead and nerf it again. I would suggest checking PTS frequently because they don't like to post all the things they did to all classes in patch notes.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-21-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Since they nerfed it again I never bother to play it but since some people asked about how I use it against the dummy I guess I can post some of the rotations and macros. It really isn't worth playing on fights where you can't have 100% uptime in melee on a single boss. Basically, it is perfect spec for a boss that behaves like a dimension dummy with no additional mechanics or adds.

main spam macro
    #show Essence Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Trickster's Bolt

#show Punishing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Crushing Force

Eruption of Life

#show Resounding Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Nature's Censure
    cast Resounding Blow

#show Fae Mimicry
    suppressmacrofailures
    use Reliquary of Ingenuity
    cast Fae mimicry
    cast Essence Strike

#show crushing force
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Peace of the Forest
    cast Crushing Force

Resounding Blow

Nature's Edict

Opener

Basic Rotation
    main spam macro until SH is cast
    5(press twice for mana regen and refresh Crushing Force)
    main spam macro until SH is cast
    5 Crushing
    Refresh Eruption of Life if less than 7 stack
    7 Nature's Edict
    33 Resounding blow macro( if you don't want to use Censure then just use 6)
    or
    6 Resounding Blow(this may not be ready all the time but if ready use it)
    main spam macro until SH then Crushing rinse and repeat.

You have to watch the eruption of life stacks all the time and make sure if it falls off to reapply at the right time Usually after you cast crushing force is safe. Refresh it immediately if you think it may fall off during Fae Mimicry block. Also, it is good to track your Nature's Edict.

If you want to min/max even further you will have to try to get as many resounding blows to essence strikes for more DPS even during the combo spam. The Resounding Blow refresh rate is not consistent so sometimes it is available and sometimes it is not. If you see it is available exactly before your spam macros essence strike is then used it then the spam macro.

I get more damage with melee pet. My DPS is just over 1.3mil(t2 upgraded) with this when I try to min/max. Better off just playing Rogue or Primalist. You can get more or the same DPS with only T1 upgraded in those classes and a super easy playstyle. This is a mess of a spec to play correctly.

The more you play it you can decide what feels okay to play. There is sometimes a very small delay with resounding blow refreshing as well which is better to wait for it than to use another essence strike during fae mimicry block. It is usually less than .3 secs.

I have trouble to explain this spec and maybe someone else can do a better job in an updated guide.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Lightbulb

Thanks for bringing it up - a approved Druid version!
    Never bothered with treehuggers- may doing it out of desperation.
    There are at least 4 T1 dummy bosses: irotp 1,2,3, Tarjula + maybe Malannon).
    @ Isiel melee strat with the nice self cd's it may be viable there, being able to prepare, sync and time the burst so precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    -> Easy improvement: you may like to hear that spamtoggling Fae Dispersion proccs Insignia of Blood (With a proccrate of ~66%) will max the uptime if IoB on that 1,5 sec gcd. Doing 120k dps by just pressing that one. May gets your IoB from 6% to 12-14% total. (Every ability which somehow calculates with base damage such as leg. Furious Assault, Glacial Shield and Vengeance proccs IoB with 66% having an internal cd of around 1 sec)
    Increasing the proccrate of EoL aswell.

-> don't expect a smooth experience with it tho.
    Last edited by Shas; 08-02-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Thanks for bringing it up a approved Druid version!
    Never bothered with treehuggers- may doing it out of desperation.
    There are at least 4 T1 dummy bosses: irotp 1,2,3, Tarjula + maybe Malannon).
    @ Isiel melee strat with the nice self cd's it may be viable there, being able to prepare, sync and time the burst so precise.

Increasing the proccrate of EoL aswell.

-> don't expect a smooth experience with it tho.
    This is not true. Druid Ramp up time is too long. You will be on pillar before you ramp up and have to start all over. This is the same for all the bosses you mentioned besides one boss in IROTP. Druid just doesn't work well on most content. Just the dummy. Also, the older content it doesn't work when you have good raiders because of the phase shift and bosses dying too fast. It is not competitive as a result of very poor design of the soul. Druid was capable of around 2 million DPS back then in Raids but only mostly manage about 1.6ish from best players due to horrible playability. Now it plays worse than before. In before someone cherry picks a parse like bringing two of the worse EHPS healers Puris, to make their defihealer EHPS look good because they have no real competition from the better class healers :P
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-12-2019 at 05:59 AM.

I agree that druid doesn't work well in most content. Compared to shaman it has less mobility, slower to build up damage, and less forgiving when switching targets.

I wish they'd just revert it back to the old style druid, the one I used to run around with in Mathosia / Brevane / Dusken
    [Faeblight]
    Cielune | Ikamuni | Zeruiah | Lucifuga | Lugina

Guild servant of < Casually Elite >
    Originally from Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3